January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Knowing our luck he'd go to Hibs on loan and end up being POTY

I very much doubt it. Although Jack Hamilton did have a couple of good saves against us on Saturday and he was utter pants for us most of the time.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Looks like he was in goals for Motherwell vs Hamilton! 

Shame that knob Carson is injured 😆
Ross Callachan doing well, a box to box midfielder we could well do with. With proper coaching he could well process further, scored the same amount of goals as the £30m rated diver with the huge heid. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He isn't playing for them for obvious reasons, mainly due to the fact he is utter pants.

I think he played one game, lost four goals and was at fault for three of them. 

16 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Looks like he was in goals for Motherwell vs Hamilton! 

Hard to believe iain but I actually believe JP would have done better than that lad!

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ross Callachan doing well, a box to box midfielder we could well do with. With proper coaching he could well process further, scored the same amount of goals as the £30m rated diver with the huge heid. 

Never fails!

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It's amazing that he played so many games for us given how crap he was.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's amazing that he played so many games for us given how crap he was.

Under three managers, two of which chose him. If I’m allowed by HibeeAl to mention those two jokers. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Never fails!

Do you think he received it? Hea certainly is now, good luck to the lad. He’s scoring and creating goals for Hamilton yet was just another one of many for us. 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Hard to believe iain but I actually believe JP would have done better than that lad!

El Gato gets better the less we see of him. 😉

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

El Gato gets better the less we see of him. 😉

The cat 🙈, more like Gateaux or Swiss cheese. 

D14A694C-0B3A-4C7A-A4B9-79C96DA10F65.jpeg

38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

a stepping stone to who? We are the biggest club Boyce has ever played for!! By a long long way.. I can’t really see him playing for a bigger club at this stage of his career 

Not a bigger club necessarily but one that is prepared to offer him more money. 

Auld Reekin'
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The cat 🙈, more like Gateaux or Swiss cheese. 

D14A694C-0B3A-4C7A-A4B9-79C96DA10F65.jpeg

:icon14: Cracked that one a few weeks ago to be met with:  image.jpeg.6e3eec2b2e3645211ea71645e4b2722c.jpeg 

Oh well, never mind...   :dry:

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:icon14: Cracked that one a few weeks ago to be met with:  image.jpeg.6e3eec2b2e3645211ea71645e4b2722c.jpeg 

Oh well, never mind...   :dry:

I said it months ago and didn’t get anything either, great minds eh 👍🏽😆

He’s actually Swiss so that’s why I threw that in, makes sense as he’s neutral on saving shots.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I think he could’ve waited until the summer and got a better deal in a normal period surely?  
But his injury problems and two goals in 27 internationals certainly show we might be the biggest club he plays for and possibly his biggest earner. 

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I very much doubt it. Although Jack Hamilton did have a couple of good saves against us on Saturday and he was utter pants for us most of the time.

As soon as he was back at Man Utd their official social media accounts were posting videos of him making some amazing saves in training lol, totally bumming him up. Couldn't believe it was the same guy. 

Hamilton was alright aye. Not to the point where I'd have him back or anything, but he was OK. I always thought he was a decent shot-stopper and had good reactions, but was poor in other areas - like coming for crosses, coming off his line. He looked like he had some potential though and I think he even got called up to the Scotland squad (correct me if I'm wrong??) so he must have been doing something right. I wasn't expecting us to sell him when we did and thought that with some work, he could have been decent. Anyway he still fumbled a couple of crosses and looked ropey in the air against us, so he's obviously not improved that much... 

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Callachan has gone from being a dud to not having received proper coaching ! Make your minds up

Released by St Johnstone now doing ok for Hamilton . Good luck to him

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Will the transfer window now be postponed due to further lockdown? 

Good question

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

As soon as he was back at Man Utd their official social media accounts were posting videos of him making some amazing saves in training lol, totally bumming him up. Couldn't believe it was the same guy. 

Hamilton was alright aye. Not to the point where I'd have him back or anything, but he was OK. I always thought he was a decent shot-stopper and had good reactions, but was poor in other areas - like coming for crosses, coming off his line. He looked like he had some potential though and I think he even got called up to the Scotland squad (correct me if I'm wrong??) so he must have been doing something right. I wasn't expecting us to sell him when we did and thought that with some work, he could have been decent. Anyway he still fumbled a couple of crosses and looked ropey in the air against us, so he's obviously not improved that much... 

Jack is a good lad.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Callachan has gone from being a dud to not having received proper coaching ! Make your minds up

Released by St Johnstone now doing ok for Hamilton . Good luck to him

I never said he was a dud, I ajwsys thought there was a player there. I would imagine as a pretty good midfielder himself that Brian Rice would be giving him the coaching he requires. He always made good runs but maybe at the wrong time. He’s doing well there and has qualities none of ours do, 100% effort, pace and box to box. 
Being a Jambo too also helps. 
We probably need to recruit better than that but I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him return. 
I would say the same about Scott Robinson too 😱

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Good question

Jack is a good lad.

He tripped over a LIGHT at my nephews wedding, I nearly pissed myself. Jamie Macdonald was there too, I think they’re cousins? 
I was telling everyone I wouldn’t let either hold my pint 😜

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He isn't playing for them for obvious reasons, mainly due to the fact he is utter pants.

He'd be betetr playing with his pants on his head.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He tripped over a LIGHT at my nephews wedding, I nearly pissed myself. Jamie Macdonald was there too, I think they’re cousins? 
I was telling everyone I wouldn’t let either hold my pint 😜

Jamie would of let you hold his Scottish Cup Winner medal though

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Jamie would of let you hold his Scottish Cup Winner medal though

So he didn’t drop it? 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

So he didn’t drop it? 

At least he has one to drop.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Total legend. Penalty save in Paisley. Save v Celtic in semi. Key reason we won the Cup. Not much to do in the final other than concentrate 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Total legend. Penalty save in Paisley. Save v Celtic in semi. Key reason we won the Cup. Not much to do in the final other than concentrate 

His performance after the final was fantastic.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Indeed, alongside a few other donkeys not fit to wear the jersey. 

I would imagine any transfers will be shelved now, our league won’t run much longer until it gets stopped. Lack of testing in the championship will probably mean we’re done for the season 

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, alongside a few other donkeys not fit to wear the jersey. 

Something up with you.

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Irving still has a bit to learn but he is still a better player than Lee and at least the lad has a bit of dig about him unlike Lee who is a whimp of a player.

Yes Lee he has a bit of technical ability  and has the odd nice touch or delivery but he can't jump has no aggression about him and has no legs all of which you need for Scottish football.

The level he played at in England gives players more time on the ball and that suits his style much better.

Yes, I agree with you there. But I do see Lee making g the most of his abilities more than Irving, and I think that is an experience thing.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is he not throwing them in for Huddersfield at the minute? 

I'd hope Ron the Con could work something 

I would actually watch hibs games if this ever happened.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Something up with you.

Plenty. 
Just didn’t think Macdonald was good enough to play for us. His career after leaving proves this. 
Alongside guys like Prynchenko, Taouil, Ridgers, Murray and a few who started in 2012 were distinctly average. 
To keep on topic we have a squad full of them just now. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Plenty. 
Just didn’t think Macdonald was good enough to play for us. His career after leaving proves this. 
Alongside guys like Prynchenko, Taouil, Ridgers, Murray and a few who started in 2012 were distinctly average. 

He earned his Legend status along with our other Scottish cup winning players.

I forgive him for everything he done wrong.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

like who? We had the third highest player wage bill in the Scotland last season. Farcical given the return but true if you exclude managerial wages. There is no one with the exception of rangers and Celtic who pay more in Scotland 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Plenty. 
To keep on topic we have a squad full of them just now. 

Apologies I’ve not gone back over the last few pages. However I can’t help but ask if you are being serious when you say Jamie MacDonald wasn’t fit to wear the jersey but you’d be happy to see Ross Callachan back?

25 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

I would imagine any transfers will be shelved now, our league won’t run much longer until it gets stopped. Lack of testing in the championship will probably mean we’re done for the season 

Utter pish

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'd be betetr playing with his pants on his head.

I think he did when he played for us.

19 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Yes, I agree with you there. But I do see Lee making g the most of his abilities more than Irving, and I think that is an experience thing.

Sorry Andrew but I disagree. Irving coming on against Dundee totally changed the game in our favour whereas the likes of Lee, Walker and Haring all struggled.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry Andrew but I disagree. Irving coming on against Dundee totally changed the game in our favour whereas the likes of Lee, Walker and Haring all struggled.

For me the side lost it's balance ,losing Smith and Boycie. White falls into the same category, not the finest player but a runner.

Ginnelly is still a newbie, his presence would of helped us push forward and give the opposition some problems. Other players are not at their best,

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Utter pish

I'd suggest transfers may well be shelved, matches will continue, but any potential signing would need to travel, take a medical, have all admin sorted, and move house, all during a full lockdown? 

Edited by ericb

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That and a different mindset in our approach to game.

Irving is doing okay with the ball, he really needs to work on what he does without the ball to progress imo.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

That and a different mindset in our approach to game.

Irving is doing okay with the ball, he really needs to work on what he does without the ball to progress imo.

My reply was to this post below. Do you agree with what JamboAndrew says ?

36 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

like who? We had the third highest player wage bill in the Scotland last season. Farcical given the return but true if you exclude managerial wages. There is no one with the exception of rangers and Celtic who pay more in Scotland 

Overall wage maybe but we're talking about individuals wages here. 

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why?

Incase the Championship is called or mothballed because clubs can't afford testing or other measures.🤷

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

they call him the hologram

Barney bulge
3 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Hold on, you want our new Sporting Director to directly fund part of the wage for a new signing? 😂

I'm not sure how much you think Savage will be getting paid but it won't be enough to cover that. Never mind the fact that Berra, Walker and Damour will be on around £10k a week combined and Declan Gallagher is definitely not worth that sort of money.

Was joking bout the savage part. 

didn’t realise the combined wages would be that much.

my point is we’re desperate for a good centre half and should push the boat out to get one. Like we stumped up more than usual to get Boyce in when we’re desperate for a striker 

Try and hoodwink a couple of clubs in to taking damour and Walker of our hands meantime to free up some funds 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )