All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

highlandjambo3

So, hearts have announced the friendly on Saturday will be a one camera shot.....not sure how good that will be but here’s hoping....onwards eh.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So, hearts have announced the friendly on Saturday will be a one camera shot.....not sure how good that will be but here’s hoping....onwards eh.

I’ll take half a camera at the moment. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Quoting from this statement on the official website a week or so ago:

”International subscribers can continue to subscribe for only 12.99 a month for full Hearts TV access, including live games, while the finishing touches are being made to a PPV option for fans that do not have season tickets.”

So PPV will be available, no?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-to-stream-all-home-games-live

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Quoting from this statement on the official website a week or so ago:

”International subscribers can continue to subscribe for only 12.99 a month for full Hearts TV access, including live games, while the finishing touches are being made to a PPV option for fans that do not have season tickets.”

So PPV will be available, no?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-to-stream-all-home-games-live

Who knows, someone is mistaken 🤷🏾‍♂️

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve only assumed 50% go to those that would have bought a ticket. 

Ah yes, so you were. Well, it definitely would need tweaked then. Maybe something more in line with PfK’s suggestion. I don’t know as I’m not paid by the club to come up with ideas, and I don’t have data on attendances and income from matches at my fingertips. If I was and I did, I’m pretty sure I could come up with some kind of idea that would alleviate the ire from some quarters, though probably not all. 

Personally, I’d be giving my hypothetical tickets to lapsed Jambos and armchair supporters. If that failed I’d be giving them to the ‘Donate a ticket to future Jambos‘ scheme.

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Ah yes, so you were. Well, it definitely would need tweaked then. Maybe something more in line with PfK’s suggestion. I don’t know as I’m not paid by the club to come up with ideas, and I don’t have data on attendances and income from matches at my fingertips. If I was and I did, I’m pretty sure I could come up with some kind of idea that would alleviate the ire from some quarters, though probably not all. 

Personally, I’d be giving my hypothetical tickets to lapsed Jambos and armchair supporters. If that failed I’d be giving them to the ‘Donate a ticket to future Jambos‘ scheme.

👍

17 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Show me the stats that show this overwhelming evidence of multiple season ticket holders in one house.

I suspect the percentage of multiple season tickets will be very low, the multiples will be parent and children I imagine and I would like to think in time the club will address that situation.

My own circumstances are 2 season tickets at a cost of £1250 so I include myself in the very small percentage of multiple ST holders. 

I should be more pissed off than anybody but I understand fully the predicament the club is in and honestly just want to watch Hearts play again. If it's by streaming it then that's fine by me.

The club could have done nothing.

Agreed. 10 seasons spread over three households for my lot. Not fussed re arrangements for streaming and games carried over.  Staying in business is top priority. If it’s true that no PPVallowed then the Club made the right call, intentional or not. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, farin said:

Here’s what Raith are saying re streaming games on their website. 

49C11565-DD7A-41DE-9523-8C46359A2589.thumb.jpeg.667bb7460dc5a55d1a1acf08d0112ec4.jpeg

34E767DD-2802-4CD9-BD1A-E8E5DDCB490E.thumb.jpeg.0ac2ffb2e1ecc72ce228b6f832beca77.jpeg

808ED6E0-58CA-4472-BFE3-2B0300EB3A69.thumb.jpeg.029f5fb082f3031ea0c680a610757903.jpeg

74C9FAE5-D2AA-4488-8E86-215F3B8936A0.thumb.jpeg.320b0e18cc7a5f8b81668612b4cc14ff.jpeg

453A6E05-FB9C-400F-A507-F895540645C0.thumb.jpeg.62218c068ea2196f25f940fde4649a08.jpeg

FC91F0CE-72A4-4EA6-B7E5-0AED39A216B7.thumb.jpeg.cd729b0344258161050cbe8a3e30fcf2.jpeg

Good stuff, so whoever put that on the clubs twitter page is talking shite. 

Dennis Reynolds

More amazing communication from Hearts it seems. Why can't they ever just all sing from the same hymn sheet? I've got my streaming season ticket (🤨) so it doesn't affect me this time! Woohoo.

10 minutes ago, farin said:

Looks like whilst Raith are offering a PPV streaming service, We are tweeting that we can’t due to spfl rules. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Needs clarification on the PPV status. 

Hearts twitter maybe saying that due to SPFL bitterness Hearts are not allowed PPV as it'll generate money and give us an unfair advantage

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good stuff, so whoever put that on the clubs twitter page is talking shite. 

Why are they not offering the same as us ? Home League games available to season ticket holders ? 

Noticed the ppv, maybe things have recently changed as that article is from over a week ago. 

Edited by Dazo

55 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Bullshit.

Crippling supporters with debt is rubbish. If they bought a season ticket knowing they couldn't afford it then then they're stupid. It's a shame you're down financially but as long as your bills are paid then you'll get zero sympathy from me. 

If I thought for 1 second the club where using C19 to gain any financial advantage over me I'd never return. 

Really?  So you are telling me that every person who bought a season ticket could afford to do so and that there are no stupid Hearts supporters?  Get real; lots of people spend money they cannot afford. Hearts are not in partnership with a credit company to facilitate the purchase of a relatively small price purchase for nothing.  I would imagine that if repayments are not made, then the costs increase and so on. That's how people get crippled with debt - just ask the Citizens Advice Bureau. 

Just now, Tynehead said:

More forward thinking from SPFL eliminating potentially thousands of PPV subscribers, which would have bee a financial lifeline to so many Clubs.  

Will still be shocked if we see a championship ball kicked behind closed doors.  The whole reason our season is kicking off in October is because that’s when we thought we’d have fans back, if we are going to be playing behind closed doors the season may as well have started ages ago.  

Don’t see why championship clubs can suddenly afford it when they couldn’t before. 

Absolute Scenes

A few of the crowd I go to games with (used to call them friends but their actions and attitudes of late towards the club make me want to distance myself from them) are begrudged to pay full price for adult season tickets. One is doing exams in his role no work at present and is trying to buy a student ticket...surely the club would need proof if someone wasn’t a student right? You couldn’t just say “aye um studying gies a cheaper ticket”??

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

The bronze v platinum issue is the same at all clubs this season due to BCD games and there is not a solution to that other than massively reducing income. I'm in gold and don't have much spare cash but think there is little else the club can do on this point.

I agree, but if folk want a refund of some value they can get one. 

12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So there’s only 1 camera for Saturdays friendly before the new system kicks in for season starting?

And probably just an iPhone held in someone's hand rather than on a tripod with dodgy zooming.

Given the cost of the new system being manned by professionals, I don't blame the club for not using it for a friendly though.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Haha **** off. You're completely missing the point. How is a supporter stupid for giving the club money to help that club survive based on a GUARANTEE by that club. If the club has said exactly what they were offering, many people that bought a ST, based on that guarantee, wouldn't have bought! They certainly wouldn't have bought 2, 3, 4 season tickets for the household.

100% this :rifle:

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

don't really want a refund but they need to try to sort something out even if its a token gesture 

I agree. 

Tbh, my opinion is **** folk that want a refund and to damage HMFC, but the club should acknowledge premium St holders and multiple households. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, farin said:

Looks like whilst Raith are offering a PPV streaming service, We are tweeting that we can’t due to spfl rules. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Yeah, we also said we will be doing it last week. A mistake somewhere.

Sounds like the club are making it up as they go along.

What is clear is having completely abused the wording already if they allow Hearts World for £12.99 overseas or PPV for any less than £35 per game they are breaching what they have left (i.e. no one disadvantaged).

The no PPV is probably a convenient way to try and not cause any more issues.

I think those wanting refunds or minded to do so would probably have been less likely to do so if a week on the substantive replies people were told would come had appeared. I'd also be cautious about accessing games/streams until such a time a satisfactory resolution is made.

Final thought would be it's very kind of certain fans to tell others how they should spend their money or their money should be used. It is of course up to the individuals.

2 hours ago, farin said:

The problem is who do you believe?  If the SPFL rules prohibit PPV streaming them the rules are daft, but with it being the SPFL you never know. But do I trust Hearts to be honest ? Unfortunately I don't - they may be telling the truth, but on the other hand I wouldn't bet my life on it. 

Interesting to note that the most expensive Raith season ticket is £200, but I suppose that's another discussion......   

9 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Sounds like the club are making it up as they go along.

What is clear is having completely abused the wording already if they allow Hearts World for £12.99 overseas or PPV for any less than £35 per game they are breaching what they have left (i.e. no one disadvantaged).

The no PPV is probably a convenient way to try and not cause any more issues.

I think those wanting refunds or minded to do so would probably have been less likely to do so if a week on the substantive replies people were told would come had appeared. I'd also be cautious about accessing games/streams until such a time a satisfactory resolution is made.

Final thought would be it's very kind of certain fans to tell others how they should spend their money or their money should be used. It is of course up to the individuals.

Your final thought... can you point me towards where people have been telling others how to spend their money? I couldn’t find any comments like that, but didn’t go too far back tbf. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Your final thought... can you point me towards where people have been telling others how to spend their money? I couldn’t find any comments like that, but didn’t go too far back tbf. Thanks.

2 posts above mine....among many others.

Just now, SectionFJambo said:

2 posts above mine....among many others.

Ah... he’s not doing that though, is he? He’s giving his opinion on people asking for refunds. I thought you were saying that people were telling others how to spend their money. Bit different.

30 minutes ago, His name is said:

Are BBC Scotland showing championship games this season? O would expect alot of our games to be on if so

Away games mainly I would think. I expect there is a limit to how many times teams can be on at home. 

43 minutes ago, His name is said:

Are BBC Scotland showing championship games this season? O would expect alot of our games to be on if so

You would imagine that each club would be limited to a max of 2 home games each. Unlimited away.

I could be wrong, I'm not even sure if BBC still have a contract. Even they did sign one to 2025.

Edit

The BBC have had their television and live radio packages renewed for another five seasons, again starting in 2020, as well as 20 live Ladbrokes Championship fixtures per season for 2018/19 and 2019/20.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Away games mainly I would think. I expect there is a limit to how many times teams can be on at home. 

2 home games only 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Would be good if the offer of streaming services were extended to FoH members who have made it possible for people to watch Hearts play 

3 hours ago, kila said:

And probably just an iPhone held in someone's hand rather than on a tripod with dodgy zooming.

Given the cost of the new system being manned by professionals, I don't blame the club for not using it for a friendly though.

I’m not complaining. I’d watch it on an etch a sketch 😀

(One for our older viewers there)

22 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m not complaining. I’d watch it on an etch a sketch 😀

(One for our older viewers there)

This thread has gone round in so many circles it's more like spirograph.

46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would be good if the offer of streaming services were extended to FoH members who have made it possible for people to watch Hearts play 

Probably not allowed for tax reasons. 

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

We heard you the first time. 😴

Same as I've heard all the other comments saying to suck it up. What's your point? Are we limited in how many comments we can make now?

5 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

This thread has gone round in so many circles it's more like spirograph.

Agreed. Folk are starting to complain about others making their point in reply to others making the same points again. Its a viscous circle. Probably time to close the thread.

For those of us who have 3/4 season tickets for the family this is a complete stitch up. I also think it’s very unfair, and I realise it’s not deliberate, that some of us feel we’re somehow now viewed as not proper supporters or PHM (hate that term) for not just accepting our money is going to a greater good. 

My experience of watching Hearts home games will simply not exist, I and my boys have sat in the same seats for a few years and streaming will simply not work. My boys are 13 and 15 and anyone with boys (or girls) of a similar or indeed different age will know that there is little chance of all of us sitting round an iPhone or iPad and while they may start out with best intention they will very soon find other things to do. In fact this for me is the saddest part in all this, I absolutely love going to games with my boys and I fear 

last season will be it at least for my eldest. 

wattie exploited
16 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

For those of us who have 3/4 season tickets for the family this is a complete stitch up. I also think it’s very unfair, and I realise it’s not deliberate, that some of us feel we’re somehow now viewed as not proper supporters or PHM (hate that term) for not just accepting our money is going to a greater good. 

My experience of watching Hearts home games will simply not exist, I and my boys have sat in the same seats for a few years and streaming will simply not work. My boys are 13 and 15 and anyone with boys (or girls) of a similar or indeed different age will know that there is little chance of all of us sitting round an iPhone or iPad and while they may start out with best intention they will very soon find other things to do. In fact this for me is the saddest part in all this, I absolutely love going to games with my boys and I fear 

last season will be it at least for my eldest. 

you can get a lead for your ipad or phone  with a hdmi lead  which will plug into your tv mate so you have a bigger screen like wise watch it on your computer through a hdmi lead to your tv that's one solution but still a bit of a rip off for people who have bought 3 and 4 season tickets .

anyway hope hearts come up with a solution  :rifle:

6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

you can get a lead for your ipad or phone  with a hdmi lead  which will plug into your tv mate so you have a bigger screen like wise watch it on your computer through a hdmi lead to your tv that's one solution but still a bit of a rip off for people who have bought 3 and 4 season tickets .

anyway hope hearts come up with a solution  :rifle:

cheers wattie I’m sure I could rig up all sorts as you know computers don’t blunder but no matter kids at that age will find distractions very easily. 

Been away for a week - haven’t read the last weeks posts - but I’d be prepared to hazard a guess that some people are still banging on about the club they profess to love taking advantage of them. Strange how a couple of hundred quid can put paid to a lifetimes love affair. Still, better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all!

Edited by Ethan Hunt

wattie exploited
18 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

cheers wattie I’m sure I could rig up all sorts as you know computers don’t blunder but no matter kids at that age will find distractions very easily. 

my dad wrote half that that song computers don’t blunder lol !!!!!   yeah kids do get distracted pretty easily especially when there teens :rifle:

but its better watching on a bigger screen lol !

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have you heard anything back from them?

No nothing yet other than the stock response from them 4 days ago.

Given the situation I'm happy to cut them some slack and give them 2 weeks to come back before getting in touch again.

14 hours ago, Tynehead said:

More forward thinking from SPFL eliminating potentially thousands of PPV subscribers, which would have bee a financial lifeline to so many Clubs.  

This. These are extraordinary times, so if what Hearts has posted is true (personally I doubt it) why not change the rules? SPFL should be doing everything within their power to maximise clubs' income during these times, the last thing they need is small clubs going under, never to return.