All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You're now advocating Hearts fans "run into a wall"?

Even if they ran at the wall at full pelt & knocked themselves out, I doubt many would come round then say "I'd like Hibs to win the Scottish Cup"!

I never said that and No Hearts fan I know said that. 

I'm also not interested in talking about Hibs, please stay on topic, start a thread about Hibs and Scottish cups if you want or go onto party planners. Net and knock yourself out on the subject, plenty folk will want to talk about it on there and also slag Hearts on various other things, actually maybe you'd have more fun there. 

You'd be able to Talk about us being misleading, unprofessional and crack on about Hibs winning the sc. Right up your street. 👍

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, me too. 

I'm not paying a train fair or for food and drink so technically I'd still be saving money v a normal match day and helping the club through this time and getting to watch us. 

Anyone that has paid outright and demanding a refund can run into a wall imo. 

Folk that are on a dd and have maybe suffered financially through covid, I understand doing all they can to save money, fair doos to them and good luck. 

Folk just moaning for the sake of it can also run into a wall. 

"I never said that". 😁

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

"I never said that". 😁

Eh? 

I never said I liked hibs to win the cup. 

Also, I never said Hearts fans, I said "folk" 

Edited by Smith's right boot

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Eh? 

What ‘folk’ did you mean? I do not know any ‘’folk’ who bought a season ticket, that are not Hearts fans. 

Edited by Paolo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

What ‘folk’ did you mean? I do not know any ‘’folk’ who bought a season ticket, that are not Hearts fans. 

In regards to jkb, folk on an Internet could claim to be something they are not. 

Also, it depends if you take everything literally or have the the mental capacity to interpret text metaphorically. 

I think Hearts fans have the latter, maybe some folk don't tho and are running into walls as we post, who knows?

Eh? 

Dancing on the head of a pin. 

Please dig deeper. 

5 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

The future is still uncertain so not sure how anyone can say that they were hoodwinked as that implies that the club had a predetermined plan based on the certainty of how they had prior knowledge of how the whole coronavirus pandemic would play out. They were upfront that they need season ticket money to survive and got mine for 4. Probably like my FOH payments not a financially astute investment but as I am not looking for a return and only Hearts to survive then I am happy enough and if I get a modest discount again next Season then will renew as quickly as I can so I guess that puts me in the happy clapper club. 6 years on from administration and I will never forget how close we came to not having a team to support so show me where to sign to get my cash👍

I'm not sure that hoodwinked implies a predetermined plan, but I agree that it is unlikely that there was any original attempt to deceive. Perhaps a better way to describe it is that the club has moved the goalposts and that neither the original intent of the season ticket offer nor the expectation of a significant number of its customers is now being met. Yes, there are some wise sages who purchased tickets thinking things may work out the way they have, but on the other hand there are many others who took the offer at face value. No play on works can cover up the fact that based on the website article Hearts is not keeping to its original offer;  that is the most important point. Honesty, integrity, fairness and doing the right thing are all points that Budge seems to continually harp on about and, like it or lump it, Hearts now has a significant proportion of customers who feel, that if the offer is changed as suggested, very badly let down by people they felt they could trust. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Dancing on the head of a pin. 

Please dig deeper. 

Dig deeper? 

For any avoidance of doubt, I dislike rangers more than hibs, that hasn't changed, unlikely will either.  It's off topic tho. 

In regards to folk running into walls, if you take everything you read literally, then that's on you. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Notwithstanding the ongoing "debate" over all this, how does one actually access these streams as a season ticket holder?

Great question, need to get set up for next Saturday's "big game". 

I don't want to be mucking about at 1510 and miss our first football for months. 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

You're now advocating Hearts fans "run into a wall"?

Even if they ran at the wall at full pelt & knocked themselves out, I doubt many would come round then say "I'd like Hibs to win the Scottish Cup"!

I've not much time for those that would want The Rangers to win trophy as well. 

Time you all put that one to bed and stopped infesting every topic Tosh posts on. 

Too many Huns sympathisers on this board, I'm not saying you are but there are plenty. 

I don't 'hate' anyone but the OF and Hibs are a triple dead heat in the dislike stakes for me. 

Sorry for going off topic but I feel it had to be said. 🙄

50 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Time you all put that one to bed and stopped infesting every topic Tosh posts on. 

Too many Huns sympathisers on this board, I'm not saying you are but there are plenty. 

I don't 'hate' anyone but the OF and Hibs are a triple dead heat in the dislike stakes for me. 

He's infesting every thread with his "Tosh"? 

For the record, I hate Rangers but I wanted them to win the cup in 2016.

If that's OK with his big brother? 

Great question, need to get set up for next Saturday's "big game". 

I don't want to be mucking about at 1510 and miss our first football for months. 

:spoton:

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He's infesting every thread with his "Tosh"? 

For the record, I hate Rangers but I wanted them to win the cup in 2016.

If that's OK with his big brother? 

I concur whole heartedly with the middle bit.

Hearts need to look after their finances in this tough time.

A loss of budgeted income at this stage will have consequences, but perhaps there is something they could offer such as an allocation of hospitality packages in compensation for whenever we can play at home, discounted merchandise, etc?

I do still hope they can do some deal with Murrayfield to get all season ticket holders in to socially distanced games when this is allowed by the government.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Yeah, the future was uncertain back in the summer, hence why the club offered the 18 match guarantee, to encourage fans to buy season tickets so they knew no matter what happened, they would still get to see 18 games at Tynecastle, regardless of whether that was this season, next season or the season after. 

The club are now reneging on that, which for me is moving the goalposts and "hoodwinking" fans

What did the club say when you complained to them? You must have  complained directly if you feel so strongly that you've been deliberately misled. It would probably help other people who feel the same way if you said what the club's response has been, even if there was no response.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Yup this for me. Although I dislike all 3, I hate both erse cheeks and their support with a passion. Anyone going to Ibroke and darkheid regularly for our visits will know exactly what I mean. 

Just for the record, I wanted the hun to win the 2016 SC final so much so that I  had a £1k on them to win. That hurt more than the actual loss tbh 😩

Edited by Saughton Jambo

16 minutes ago, al_hearts65 said:

Generic response confirming receipt of email and saying a fuller response will be sent by the relevent people.

I got the same response, my season ticket is nearly twice the price of a bronze so I cannot see how they can justify these streamed games counting towards your 18 guaranteed games. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, al_hearts65 said:

Generic response confirming receipt of email and saying a fuller response will be sent by the relevent people.

Good luck with that.

41 minutes ago, al_hearts65 said:

Snap. I would imagine that they will have thought through all of the likely concerns before deciding to go down this route so I'm expecting a quick response.  

47 minutes ago, Jimbojack said:

Do I have to register for hearts TV first to be able to stream games

I would imagine that instructions will be sent out this week sometime as the first game is on Saturday. 

On 19/09/2020 at 20:28, gnasher75 said:

I don't want a refund nor do I want to be forced to pay over the odds to watch a stream of home games, which is effectively what is happening. I want what I paid for!

I renewed our season tickets on the basis that we will get to attend the first 18 league games at Tynecastle after fans are allowed back. That was what the club guaranteed, regardless of any spin anyone wants to put on it.

We all support Hearts as best we can. But due to covid I don't have a lot of spare cash for anything so deciding to renew was in the balance until deadline day. If I'd known the guarantee of 18 games at Tynecastle would become 18 games some on TV and possibly some at Tynecastle, I wouldn't have.

I would still consider subscribing to Hearts TV if it was a reasonable price or watching games on a pay per view basis. But equating the streaming of games to season tickets is just wrong.

This is about where I am.

Don't really want a refund......... but I don't want to feel pi55ed off at the club I love either.

Unfortunately, the 2 right now are going hand in hand.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

This is about where I am.

Don't really want a refund......... but I don't want to feel pi55ed off at the club I love either.

Unfortunately, the 2 right now are going hand in hand.

Shan Budge’s disregard and arrogance is becoming more and more blatant.

husref musemic
13 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

I don’t think it’s arrogance. I just think she’s out of her depth. 

She did very well running her business and selling it for lots of cash but running a company with what, 100 employees to coping with the pressure of totally being in the spotlight with every decision scrutinised by tens of thousands of people as well as the press is a much bigger deal.

6 years on she’s still not showing any signs that she’s getting any better at it either. 

Like all Hearts fans, I’ll be eternally grateful for all she did for the club but after the first year or so there’s been far too many bad decisions. 

I think the new chief executive McKinley would have had a large say on this also. 

13 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

I don’t think it’s arrogance. I just think she’s out of her depth. 

She did very well running her business and selling it for lots of cash but running a company with what, 100 employees to coping with the pressure of totally being in the spotlight with every decision scrutinised by tens of thousands of people as well as the press is a much bigger deal.

6 years on she’s still not showing any signs that she’s getting any better at it either. 

Like all Hearts fans, I’ll be eternally grateful for all she did for the club but after the first year or so there’s been far too many bad decisions. 

Just one. But it was a biggie. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Not read through this thread. Will you only be able to stream a game with a ST?

Nah.

You'll need some sort of device to connect to the inernet and so on.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Given where th8ngs are it’s unlikely the season will start

It doesn’t feel as if the SPFL has paid any serious attention to guarding the bottom three leagues. You suspect that if or when the football gets going, there will be problems very quickly. The Premiership was supposed to have a plan and that’s been a shambles. God knows where this is all heading

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It doesn’t feel as if the SPFL has paid any serious attention to guarding the bottom three leagues. You suspect that if or when the football gets going, there will be problems very quickly. The Premiership was supposed to have a plan and that’s been a shambles. God knows where this is all heading

👍

DTD sees the light.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

38 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Been away for a while so not kept up to date with this.

Can you buy a stream even if you arent a season ticket holder?

There will apparently be a pay per view option but I don't think they have announced the price yet.

Just now, CostaJambo said:

There will apparently be a pay per view option but I don't think they have announced the price yet.

Nice one. Cheers Costa.

I'd happily pay around £10-£15 ppv as a non season ticket holder. 

Sorry, it’s prop been asked already, how do ST holders get hearts tv for the live games? I’ve signed up for it but do you need to put your season details etc before the games ?? 

Just now, Jamos86 said:

Sorry, it’s prop been asked already, how do ST holders get hearts tv for the live games? I’ve signed up for it but do you need to put your season details etc before the games ?? 

To be confirmed. 

23 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nice one. Cheers Costa.

That sounds about right indiana, i would be happy with that.

30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nice one. Cheers Costa.

If they are going to price it in line with what season ticket holders are paying, so as not to piss them off, it would need to around double that, or more.  

As others have said, that is assuming the season starts.  

30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nice one. Cheers Costa.

Cheapest season ticket without concessions works out at £17.50/game I reckon (315/18). I can't see it being any lower than that otherwise ST holders would effectively be paying more than non ST holders - imagine those scenes!!

1 minute ago, CostaJambo said:

Cheapest season ticket without concessions works out at £17.50/game I reckon (315/18). I can't see it being any lower than that otherwise ST holders would effectively be paying more than non ST holders - imagine those scenes!!

Did Hibs not decide to only stream to season ticket holders?

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did Hibs not decide to only stream to season ticket holders?

Dunno but it deffo says we are doing ppv. Looks like it will not be available to existing UK-based HW subscribers (rightly so) via their existing subscription in which case the cheapest ST possible will be the best option for anyone in my position.

"while the finishing touches are being made to a PPV option for fans that do not have season tickets."

Edited by CostaJambo

Just now, CostaJambo said:

Dunno but it deffo says we are doing ppv. Looks like it will not be available to existing UK-based HW subscribers (rightly so) via their existing subscription in which case the cheapest ST possible will be the best option for anyone in my position.

If they go ahead with ppv it will be interesting to see the prices. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

If they go ahead with ppv it will be interesting to see the prices. 

Agree. It is a very tricky situation - too low and could upset ST holders, too high and uptake could end up being minimal unless a few folk chip in and watch together.