All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

He is 10. Do you know if he will have access for the league games? Wonder why U16's not getting this one??

I am assuming that most will be in a household with multiple season ticket holders, so they  an log in and watch with parents.    

Less accounts and log ins may make it work more smoothly.   Not sure how that will work for league games and the guarantee, if they do the same.   

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club has stated it’s a freebie for season ticket holders over 16 and international viewers, doesn’t look like those in the UK without a ST can watch without a VPN.

Ah ok.....so I’ll assume more details will follow fir ppv prior to the season starting

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Shaky ground. You’re not disputing that you bought a season ticket. You’re arguing that the deal they’re offering isn’t financially reasonable.*

*I’m not arguing this, before the soft lads get busy. I’m happy with streams as a makeweight 

It's a grey area at best. If you are looking for a refund then I wouldn't touch tomorrow's game with a barge pole. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

It's a grey area at best. If you are looking for a refund then I wouldn't touch tomorrow's game with a barge pole. 

No me neither but Hearts are showing no sign of offering refunds. Personally, I think any alternative to being at games should include a refund option. Although hopefully very few people would go for it

Just now, Jodami said:

Does that mean under 16's are automatically refunded if they have no alternative access supplied???

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ah ok.....so I’ll assume more details will follow fir ppv prior to the season starting

Let’s hope so, clear as mud so far. 

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Does that mean under 16's are automatically refunded if they have no alternative access supplied???

I think you need to look at my earlier post an hour or so ago. The specific subject being discussed here is if you requested a refund but stream tomorrow's game is this a de facto acceptance of the season ticket on the terms they are now implying. The condition being you need to be a season ticket holder to view the game. 

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No me neither but Hearts are showing no sign of offering refunds. Personally, I think any alternative to being at games should include a refund option. Although hopefully very few people would go for it

The subject is currently being discussed by senior decision makers at the club I understand. 

Just now, Jodami said:

I think you need to look at my earlier post an hour or so ago. The specific subject being discussed here is if you requested a refund but stream tomorrow's game is this a de facto acceptance of the season ticket on the terms they are now implying. The condition being you need to be a season ticket holder to view the game. 

Get that, but surely for those querying possible refunds the club has to refund juniors (if requested) if no provision made?

I'm an oldie not looking for any refund, but it would be 'decent' for club to give access on TV for as many games as poss as 'compensation' for non-attendance? Hence previous suggestion cup games included if poss?

8 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Get that, but surely for those querying possible refunds the club has to refund juniors (if requested) if no provision made?

I'm an oldie not looking for any refund, but it would be 'decent' for club to give access on TV for as many games as poss as 'compensation' for non-attendance? Hence previous suggestion cup games included if poss?

My understanding is this is a temporary measure for tomorrow's game only which seems fair enough. If it goes beyond that then you are 100% correct. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Well - it says it's not available for a live stream. Why wouldn't it be legally and technically possible to delay a stream? And if it can be done...delay it by the minimum time possible.

I’d imagine that is after the match has finished if live streams are not allowed. 

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’d imagine that is after the match has finished if live streams are not allowed. 

I'd imagine that too, but the question is worth asking...for the potential PPV-ers...innit?

Given the SPFL's lack of competence in just about every other field I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd overlooked something.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

I'd imagine that too, but the question is worth asking...for the potential PPV-ers...innit?

Given the SPFL's lack of competence in just about every other field I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd overlooked something.

I imagine any restrictions will be set by the TV rights holder(s). I doubt Sky would care much but the BBC might. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, micole said:

Got it sorted, well my son did. Apparently you put your name in along with your ref no, then your ref no as the password, I was not putting my ref no in with my user name...😛😛

Wow, yes.. I actually managed it, followed the instructions instead of pressing random buttons and swearing  as I usually do.

Don't need to get married now. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine any restrictions will be set by the TV rights holder(s). I doubt Sky would care much but the BBC might. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I thought we were referring to Hearts TV games. Wouldn't we have the rights to them?

Actually - I don't know and I don't know why I'm even giving it consideration :lol: 

I suppose I just want everyone to have the chance of seeing games and if it raises a quid or two for the club, so much the better.

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Can I ask what username and password do I need ?

firstname-lastname-customernumber    all lower case. for example john-smith-12345

password is your customer number

Edited by WDJ87

5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Thanks for clarification on PPV.

SPFL playing another blinder with an insane ruling. 

Hopefully, common sense will shine through as developments get worse.

Games need to be made available to away supporters as long as BCD games exist.

Yet another reason to despise ND and his horrible cohorts.

What a mess these clowns in charge are making of the scottish game, well no footie for me

the morra, or money that could have gone to my team, what a farce, 

Worthing Jambo
22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

What a mess these clowns in charge are making of the scottish game, well no footie for me

the morra, or money that could have gone to my team, what a farce, 

It will be Sky, they have the UK rights, so that will prevent PPV.

Sky, bless them, conceded streaming to season ticket holders for as long as no fans inside the stadium.

I wonder what constrictions Sky write into their contracts?

Had a quick look and seems to be no issues getting PPV for the games on in the SPL tomorrow. Suggests to me nothing to do with Sky.

Either Hearts are wrong or are trying to cover up the mess they have made of ST's and streaming. a PPV option is a non starter due to the £35 per game they need to charge.

5 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Had a quick look and seems to be no issues getting PPV for the games on in the SPL tomorrow. Suggests to me nothing to do with Sky.

Either Hearts are wrong or are trying to cover up the mess they have made of ST's and streaming. a PPV option is a non starter due to the £35 per game they need to charge.

2nd paragraph is sadly plausible.

Worthing Jambo
1 minute ago, SectionFJambo said:

Surely what Hearts are doing applies to all clubs?

There was a row at the beginning of the season as there was no PPV.

It would be good to get clarification, then I can apologise to Sky and vent my ire at the club.

I need to know which end of the spectrum I should be!

You can get the SPL games tomorrow so it's clearly not them.

They have apparently only allowed English televised games to be streamed to ST holders which seems fair enough to me. 

The under 16's not getting their own log in is a bit weird, is that only for tomorrow or all the games?  Not all kids live with the people that take them to games.

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The under 16's not getting their own log in is a bit weird, is that only for tomorrow or all the games?  Not all kids live with the people that take them to games.

Just tomorrow according to the email. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I would hope it's only for tomorrow, I have defended the club through this but that is very unfair

3 hours ago, Boof said:

I wonder if PPV could be made available for a delayed stream - ideally (for the viewers) delayed by something minimal like 2 seconds?

I’d expect it to be delayed by 20 seconds or so regardless 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m in at second attempt - invalid credentials first time!

Warning - user name is case sensitive!

So all you Macs need to make sure your Mc? has ? in upper case as well as the M

Good luck!

Just home from my favourite pub The Fox ..... tried to access the new Hearts TV site on my pc / laptop but it did not work on Internet Explorer (I also experienced the same recently on the EFL site) however it does work on Microsoft Edge - just an FYI for those still trying to get access

PS my original attempts were on my iPhone BUT my Smart TV is not smart enough to connect to my iPhone! So laptop HDMI connection is required!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

firstname-lastname-customernumber    all lower case. for example john-smith-12345

password is your customer number

Are you sure about lower case? When I did mine lower case I never got access. However when I spelt my name as it is on my ST (upper & lower) it all worked!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Are you sure about lower case? When I did mine lower case I never got access. However when I spelt my name as it is on my ST (upper & lower) it all worked!

Well now you say that, I am not but for mine it was all lower case. Also on the website they give the example name of (regularly written) John Smith but in the username it was (all lowers) john-smith. I thought that was significant enough to do all lower case and got in first try. Probably best to suggest to try both to any that ask in future then...

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Well now you say that, I am not but for mine it was all lower case. Also on the website they give the example name of (regularly written) John Smith but in the username it was (all lowers) john-smith. I thought that was significant enough to do all lower case and got in first try. Probably best to suggest to try both to any that ask in future then...

Perhaps it’s not case sensitive - my first attempt failed (I assumed it was because I used lower case) but upper case worked 2nd time but perhaps there was a typo in my first effort 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

It’s hard to believe they would publicly blame the Spfl if there was nothing behind the claim, but you never know. 

So, correct me if I'm wrong, non season ticket holders in the uk can't pay to watch the game tomorrow, but can watch it for free on an illegal stream?

11 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So, correct me if I'm wrong, non season ticket holders in the uk can't pay to watch the game tomorrow, but can watch it for free on an illegal stream?

Yes, if there are any illegal streams. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Yes, if there are any illegal streams. 

If it's available to people outside of the uk, there will be. 

Mental. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Mental. 

I think they are trying to control numbers for this ( no access for under 16 season ticket holders ) as they obviously have concerns about capacity. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think they are trying to control numbers for this ( no access for under 16 season ticket holders ) as they obviously have concerns about capacity. 

You'll need to explain that one to me. 

Is Ann's expertise not IT? 

8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You'll need to explain that one to me. 

Is Ann's expertise not IT? 

I don’t think Ann will be managing the detail of this.  It soundss like it’s  effectively a bit of live proving for whoever is providing the service 

wattie exploited
19 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mental. 

http://cricfree.org/ normaly have links to all the games but you need a good anti virus like nortons on your computer as its a bit dodgy :rifle:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think Ann will be managing the detail of this.  It soundss like it’s  effectively a bit of live proving for whoever is providing the service 

It does tend to always be someone else’s fault tbf

12 hours ago, Liam1953 said:

Where you one of the guys singing oli oli lee repeatedly with an annoying drum?

Surely you mean Olly Olly Lee? But then a Hearts fan wouldn't get that wrong would they?

Edit: Just checked, you have 24 posts and at the wind up

Edited by brux

Shocking that under 16’s aren’t able to view this, my nephew who goes with my sister and niece isn’t able to watch it as not allowed to mix households due to COVID, he’s 5 year old and was proper excited about watching us playing for the 1st time since February, now he’s being denied access, WTF!! Hate criticising the club but these past couple of weeks or so are doing that no favours at all. Sort it out ffs. 

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Shocking that under 16’s aren’t able to view this, my nephew who goes with my sister and niece isn’t able to watch it as not allowed to mix households due to COVID, he’s 5 year old and was proper excited about watching us playing for the 1st time since February, now he’s being denied access, WTF!! Hate criticising the club but these past couple of weeks or so are doing that no favours at all. Sort it out ffs. 

Children under 12 are exempt from the mixed households ban.

Surely he could get watch it somewhere,just tell him to bring his own carryout.