All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

wattie exploited
Just now, Beast Boy said:

That’s what I thought. I understand you feeling that way, and it’s not fair. There’s no getting away from that fact. Is the principle worth plunging the club in to financial ruin over though? I have no idea if you are looking for a refund or not, but some are. I am genuinely worried that if enough people do, we could be totally up shit creek.

don't really want a refund but they need to try to sort something out even if its a token gesture 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s no extra cost (I don’t think) but what people are saying is that if you live in a household of four season ticket holders, the cost of the one stream you need is extremely high. (Doesn’t affect me - I’ve only got one).

David McCaig makes a good point - if you could afford the tickets then you could afford the tickets so you might be able to leave the money in the club. But that’s an individual decision and no-one should be told what to do with their cash, especially not by a closet Hibby.

Ah, right. Got it now. Thanks for the info.

Just now, wattie exploited said:

don't really want a refund but they need to try to sort something out even if its a token gesture 

I hope they do too. There’s been a few decent suggestions on here. Maybe someone will come up with the same ideas at the club, or better. No offence intended earlier btw, but it was too good a comment to pass up. 😄

As a International customer, I assume I will get games streamed as usual for the same price (£5.99/month). I did not consider renewing my family's STs as I objected paying for the truncated season and then had an inkling that the season would be shortened to spectator free.

ST holders who have already paid for their ticket(s) should be entitled to a rebate due to the shortened Championship season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

That’s what I thought. I understand you feeling that way, and it’s not fair. There’s no getting away from that fact. Is the principle worth plunging the club in to financial ruin over though? I have no idea if you are looking for a refund or not, but some are. I am genuinely worried that if enough people do, we could be totally up shit creek.

I don’t see that happening. The club have said nothing about this for a week now and I’m not aware of anyone getting a detailed reply to emails (unless someone on here can say otherwise) so they’re evidently trying to ride it out.

If the streams are steady then this argument will fade away. If they’re not then they probably will find that people want reimbursed 

wattie exploited
Just now, Beast Boy said:

I hope they do too. There’s been a few decent suggestions on here. Maybe someone will come up with the same ideas at the club, or better. No offence intended earlier btw, but it was too good a comment to pass up. 😄

your right there has been a good suggestions and no offence taken :rifle:

46 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If there are technical issues with the live streaming then there will be utter carnage on here. 

Never mind, I'm sure our resident technical wizard, the one and only @davemclaren , will have a contingency plan in place to ensure JKB runs smoothly and doesn't fall on its arse.

Maybe one of the reasons we're playing Partick at Tynecastle in a friendly is to give the the technical side a shakedown before the real stuff starts,(if it ever does).

I've been keeping tabs on the HMFC website to see how we register for the live feed. Anybody know? 

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Even little things like a PDF programme for each home game would be a nice touch.

1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Fans having to fund a fan owned club and folk can't get their heads round it.

...whilst playing BCD in a division with effectively no TV revenue!!

8 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

your right its not about the attendance  its the way it was communicated no matter what i will be a jambo till I die its just a matter off principle am always up front with people I just expect the same back  

You're right mate. The way this has been communicated was dire. I feel for fans that have more than one ST in their household - yet one 'stream' will be all that's required... that doesn't sit right with me.

I only have my own ST to worry about and am fine with the situation (I really thought we'd be lucky to get to Tynie this year... and if we did, it would be through a ballot of some kind, for reduced numbers.)

I hope the club honour refunds for those that request it - cannot hold it against them... especially after the way it's been dealt with. Yes, it may reduce HMFCs income, but this is to be expected. I'm sure we'll survive and hopefully the club will be clearer going forward.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Maybe one of the reasons we're playing Partick at Tynecastle in a friendly is to give the the technical side a shakedown before the real stuff starts,(if it ever does).

I've been keeping tabs on the HMFC website to see how we register for the live feed. Anybody know? 

I foresee no problem with the live streaming.  I have been watching via Heats International on/off for many seasons with minimal problems.  I hope that all goes as well as usual.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s no extra cost (I don’t think) but what people are saying is that if you live in a household of four season ticket holders, the cost of the one stream you need is extremely high. (Doesn’t affect me - I’ve only got one).

David McCaig makes a good point - if you could afford the tickets then you could afford the tickets so you might be able to leave the money in the club. But that’s an individual decision and no-one should be told what to do with their cash, especially not by a closet Hibby.

Struggle that I may, as I have been doing since 1969 I purchased a season ticket in good faith. All to the good those who are all for making yet another donation - and that is what this is now turning into, but people should not be forced into this. If you look at this thread the key thrust of objections is the way that Hearts went about and continue to go about this. One week on from their announcement, a lot of valid concerns and complaints, some very angry people and what have Hearts done? Absolutely nothing; no responses to emails, no public explanation on how they will manage this to take account of complaints that are 100% valid. There is so much wrong with the way Hearts have dealt with this; it is hard to make it up. Honesty, trust, doing the right thing - why leave money in a club (business) that is showing none of these features and is treating its loyal supporters (customers) with so little consideration? On the survey elsewhere on here 36% of respondents are unhappy with the current streaming option. This is  a significant proportion. Any business would be stressed to its eyeballs at this, but not Hearts it appears. The club's approach is much more harmful than taking a short term hit.  I've seen this so many time from people I know who followed the team home and away, but once they gave up their season ticket it became only too easy to not go, and not going has become a habit.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Struggle that I may, as I have been doing since 1969 I purchased a season ticket in good faith. All to the good those who are all for making yet another donation - and that is what this is now turning into, but people should not be forced into this. If you look at this thread the key thrust of objections is the way that Hearts went about and continue to go about this. One week on from their announcement, a lot of valid concerns and complaints, some very angry people and what have Hearts done? Absolutely nothing; no responses to emails, no public explanation on how they will manage this to take account of complaints that are 100% valid. There is so much wrong with the way Hearts have dealt with this; it is hard to make it up. Honesty, trust, doing the right thing - why leave money in a club (business) that is showing none of these features and is treating its loyal supporters (customers) with so little consideration? On the survey elsewhere on here 36% of respondents are unhappy with the current streaming option. This is  a significant proportion. Any business would be stressed to its eyeballs at this, but not Hearts it appears. The club's approach is much more harmful than taking a short term hit.  I've seen this so many time from people I know who followed the team home and away, but once they gave up their season ticket it became only too easy to not go, and not going has become a habit.

I hear you. I understand the frustration. Everyone has to take their own view on this, depending on their circumstances. I don’t feel like I’ve been stitched up tbh but that’s just me. Communication could absolutely have been better, especially in response to the negative reaction 

7 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

I'm not paying £55 a game/£85 per month to watch a stream for my household's three tickets. Fair play to those who can. I'm happy to consider paying for a stream as a separate option when they advertise it.

We heard you the first time. 😴

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I foresee no problem with the live streaming.  I have been watching via Heats International on/off for many seasons with minimal problems.  I hope that all goes as well as usual.

I’m not an expert but it seems that when more folk try to access a stream at one time it might cause problems, you’re talking about maybe 10k+ more folk than usual all trying to get on at 2:55pm. Hopefully they can Iron our any problems before the season starts. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

I'm not paying £55 a game/£85 per month to watch a stream for my household's three tickets. Fair play to those who can. I'm happy to consider paying for a stream as a separate option when they advertise it.

Have you asked about a refund yet?

Phil D. Corners

It’s sounds like Hearts are improving the online TV Experience.  

As an international customer I’m delighted that I will be paying the same price for a better product. :thumbsup:

Thank you to all the people with 12 Platinum, 5 gold, and 23 sliver season tickets in their house hold to make it happen. Hopefully you can buy a £10 cable to connect your phone to the TV. 😉

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Even little things like a PDF programme for each home game would be a nice touch.

Yeah, add it to the pile of nice ideas. I imagine the club are giving some consideration to potential perks as we speak.

I still think six tickets a season spread over three seasons would go some way to appeasing those who feel cheated. Maybe there are reasons that I’ve not thought through, why this may not work, but it seems like a good idea to me.

Edited by Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yeah, add it to the pile of nice ideas. I imagine the club are giving some consideration to potential perks as we speak.

I still think six tickets a season spread over three seasons would go some way to appeasing those who feel cheated. Maybe there are reasons that I’ve not thought through, why this may not work, but it seems like a good idea to me.

It’s a great idea, I was going to say email the club but that doesn’t seem to work. 

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

I still think six tickets a season spread over three seasons would go some way to appeasing those who feel cheated. Maybe there are reasons that I’ve not through, why this may not work, but it seems like a good idea to me.

Six tickets a season for 11,500 people is 69,000 tickets a season to be used. Assuming half go to people that would have otherwise paid that's an income loss of around £750k per season. 

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

CA13C036-30E9-4E56-BF4D-D2223B07AEB8.jpeg

Aye but can they not change the rules like?..........they have history of that lately do they not.

Pasquale for King
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Aye but can they not change the rules like?..........they have history of that lately do they not.

Of course, just sharing a bit of info film have been asking about. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

Genuine suggestion here:

Since hearts have confirmed that only ST holders can access the streams, for those who have purchased multiple season tickets for one household - meaning say 4 ST and still only 1 stream - would other supporters be willing to 'buy' a ST access code for the price of said ST (or at a slightly discoiunted rate) so they can access the stream and the multi St household people aren't so out of pocket and don't have to ask Hearts for a refund?

Shite idea? Wouldn't work? 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Six tickets a season for 11,500 people is 69,000 tickets a season to be used. Assuming half go to people that would have otherwise paid that's an income loss of around £750k per season. 

Yeah, I’m glad somebody could be bothered working it out, cheers. 👍

Thats assuming that those tickets all went to people who would otherwise have bought a ticket though, so the figure would be lower than that. Maybe some caveats to be applied like only category B or something more creative than I have come up with. 🤷‍♂️

The hope of course would be that you’d give the tickets to folk who don’t normally go to the game, and that they would catch the bug.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

That sounds very different to what's been discussed at length on here.

So how are some teams going a PPV option already then?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it was 2 tickets a season over 3 years, for small games that don’t sell out. If you choose different games to give out 2k that’s ten games. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

One problem solved then. 😎

They have the money now, so it doesn’t really matter, but anyone could just access Hearts TV using a VPN and pretend they lived outside the UK. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Thats assuming that those tickets all went to people who would otherwise have bought a ticket though, so the figure would be lower than that. Maybe some caveats to be applied like only category B or something more creative than I have come up with. 🤷‍♂️

The hope of course would be that you’d give the tickets to folk who don’t normally go to the game, and that they would catch the bug.

If it’s 2 tickets a season over 3 years, for small games that don’t sell out. If you choose different games to give out say 2k that’s ten small games a season with another 2k fans spending money in shop, food etc. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

They have the money now, so it doesn’t really matter, but anyone could just access Hearts TV using a VPN and pretend they lived outside the UK. 

They’ve always been able to do it, not many are clued up enough to do this though. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That sounds very different to what's been discussed at length on here.

So how are some teams going a PPV option already then?

Maybe it’s different for the top league or the club has it wrong? Just passing it on. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

If it’s 2 tickets a season over 3 years, for small games that don’t sell out. If you choose different games to give out say 2k that’s ten small games a season with another 2k fans spending money in shop, food etc. 

Yeah, why not. It’d definitely need tweaked going by Dave’s calculations. I’m sure someone at the club could tweak it based on previous attendances and money spent/received.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe it’s different for the top league or the club has it wrong? Just passing it on. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it's one rule for prem and another for the lower leagues

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yeah, why not. It’d definitely need tweaked going by Dave’s calculations. I’m sure someone at the club could tweak it based on previous attendances and money spent/received.

Definitely, maybe 3 tickets for Platinum and 1 for Bronze/Kids/OAPs. It can be done and will actually make the club money. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it's one rule for prem and another for the lower leagues

Absolutely, **** going looking for it in their rules as it gives my erse a sore heid.

2 hours ago, henryheart said:

Really? How about realising that the current state of affairs are crippling some supporters with debt, but that some of these renewed out of loyalty to the club while hardly being able to afford it. I cannot even start to think how much I am down because of what has happened.  As a business it is benefitting from free money from FOH, sponsorship money and transfer income, but us, the mug punters are expected to pick up the tab; if it has to cut back then so be it - every business, every football club in Scotland and most importantly and most people have to, so get real. Covid 19 is not an excuse for taking advantage of customers, people are entitled to get what they paid for and if not a refund.  

Bullshit.

Crippling supporters with debt is rubbish. If they bought a season ticket knowing they couldn't afford it then then they're stupid.

It's a shame you're down financially but as long as your bills are paid then you'll get zero sympathy from me. 

If I thought for 1 second the club where using C19 to gain any financial advantage over me I'd never return. 

18 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I’ve only assumed 50% go to those that would have bought a ticket. 

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Bullshit.

Crippling supporters with debt is rubbish. If they bought a season ticket knowing they couldn't afford it then then they're stupid.

It's a shame you're down financially but as long as your bills are paid then you'll get zero sympathy from me. 

If I thought for 1 second the club where using C19 to gain any financial advantage over me I'd never return. 

Haha **** off. You're completely missing the point. How is a supporter stupid for giving the club money to help that club survive based on a GUARANTEE by that club. If the club has said exactly what they were offering, many people that bought a ST, based on that guarantee, wouldn't have bought! They certainly wouldn't have bought 2, 3, 4 season tickets for the household.

21 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

A lot have been doing that for years. 

22 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Genuine suggestion here:

Since hearts have confirmed that only ST holders can access the streams, for those who have purchased multiple season tickets for one household - meaning say 4 ST and still only 1 stream - would other supporters be willing to 'buy' a ST access code for the price of said ST (or at a slightly discoiunted rate) so they can access the stream and the multi St household people aren't so out of pocket and don't have to ask Hearts for a refund?

Shite idea? Wouldn't work? 

Obviously this would be against the spfl rules. But if I had bought 2 season tickets and had an extra code, if somebody asked and said they were willing to make a small donation to FoH every time they used it. I think I might consider breaking spfl rules.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting.

Hmm.. Hearts definatley said that PPV details would be announced at a later date. Is that notice definatley genuine?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Hmm.. Hearts definatley said that PPV details would be announced at a later date. Is that notice definatley genuine?

It’s on the twitter feed if you want to see it, in response to a question about PPV.

Edited by Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Haha **** off. You're completely missing the point. How is a supporter stupid for giving the club money to help that club survive based on a GUARANTEE by that club. If the club has said exactly what they were offering, many people that bought a ST, based on that guarantee, wouldn't have bought! They certainly wouldn't have bought 2, 3, 4 season tickets for the household.

Think he was meaning buying something they couldn’t afford. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s on the twitter feed if you want to see it, in response to a question about PPV.

Ok, that's a shame for non ST holders who were expecting to see the games. And also a shame for those who wanted to trade their ST in for a PPV version (if there was such a thing). It'll also save all the fights about PPV fans getting their stream cheaper than ST holders.

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Show me the stats that show this overwhelming evidence of multiple season ticket holders in one house.

I suspect the percentage of multiple season tickets will be very low, the multiples will be parent and children I imagine and I would like to think in time the club will address that situation.

My own circumstances are 2 season tickets at a cost of £1250 so I include myself in the very small percentage of multiple ST holders. 

I should be more pissed off than anybody but I understand fully the predicament the club is in and honestly just want to watch Hearts play again. If it's by streaming it then that's fine by me.

The club could have done nothing.

Pasquale for King
Just now, 1953 said:

Ok, that's a shame for non ST holders who were expecting to see the games. And also a shame for those who wanted to trade their ST in for a PPV version (if there was such a thing). It'll also save all the fights about PPV fans getting their stream cheaper than ST holders.

If it’s correct then yes, might even sell more lower end STs.