• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

This. These are extraordinary times, so if what Hearts has posted is true (personally I doubt it) why not change the rules? SPFL should be doing everything within their power to maximise clubs' income during these times, the last thing they need is small clubs going under, never to return.

A pretty sad state of affairs when so many of us are sceptical about what the club is telling us !!

If there are SFA or SPFL rules preventing ppv, it would probably fit right in with the incompetence of them both, and Petrie and Dempster's JRG, that no decision has been made to pause any such rule. It's the only chance of spectator income any club is likely to see for a long time.

Having said that, there was a poster on here who was praising Ross County for making a fortune on selling ppv to Celtic fans for their recent match.

So what is the situation? Are clubs able to earn money by selling to anyone interested, or not?

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

This. These are extraordinary times, so if what Hearts has posted is true (personally I doubt it) why not change the rules? SPFL should be doing everything within their power to maximise clubs' income during these times, the last thing they need is small clubs going under, never to return.

As I understand it the reason, for not allowing games to be played at 3pm and shown live is that it would stop fans who would, otherwise go to other games. 

That's not possible under the pandemic so it's ridiculous not to change it. Only teams with very few walk up fans aren't losing out significantly. (Wonder who that would be)? Maybe Peter Lawell will tell em to change it. Baffling

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If there are SFA or SPFL rules preventing ppv, it would probably fit right in with the incompetence of them both, and Petrie and Dempster's JRG, that no decision has been made to pause any such rule. It's the only chance of spectator income any club is likely to see for a long time.

Having said that, there was a poster on here who was praising Ross County for making a fortune on selling ppv to Celtic fans for their recent match.

So what is the situation? Are clubs able to earn money by selling to anyone interested, or not?

Pay per view is available to the Premiership clubs, so has there been a decision not to allow it to the Championship club?

can someone update me, please. Where is this coming from about no PPV.

from Heartsfc.co.uk 18th Sep

International subscribers can continue to subscribe for only £12.99 a month for full Hearts TV access, including live games,

while the finishing touches are being made to a PPV option for fans that do not have season tickets.

Perth to Paisley
10 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

my dad wrote half that that song computers don’t blunder lol !!!!!   yeah kids do get distracted pretty easily especially when there teens :rifle:

but its better watching on a bigger screen lol !

If you have a smartTV then you can watch it direct.

Pfaf to set up but might be 'worth it'

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

International subscribers can continue to subscribe for only £12.99 a month for full Hearts TV access, including live games,

while the finishing touches are being made to a PPV option for fans that do not have season tickets.

That doesn't suggest it's not allowed, just that it's not yet ready. Which in itself, for a club the size of Hearts, doesn't sound too clever. All the clubs have had ages to sort something out, unless they were hoping for crowds back by now, which was always extremely optimistic.

Hearts fans without season tickets raging there’s no PPV ..... Hearts supporters with season tickets raging they’re paying to view .....

Just shows what an impossible situation it is and how hard it is to please everybody!

21 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hearts fans without season tickets raging there’s no PPV ..... Hearts supporters with season tickets raging they’re paying to view .....

Just shows what an impossible situation it is and how hard it is to please everybody!

This

11 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Any ST holders on here received an email yet? 

Nah they said you would get a email today with details of how to log in and would give us the chance to test it today to make sure it works ok

3 minutes ago, gov said:

Nah they said you would get a email today with details of how to log in and would give us the chance to test it today to make sure it works ok

Seen that and was hoping they would have sent it by now. I have sent an email to the club asking for any info. When I get a reply I will share it. Can just see this going badly and alot of angry fans as a result 🤞🤞 hope I am wrong

My situation is I have 3 platinum st all within same household (1 adult plus 2 kids). I realise paying refunds will now be all but impossible as the funds will now have been allocated for the forthcoming season however the club needs to do the right thing here and not renege on their “guarantee” no matter how they bend the words we all know how they wanted us to interpret the original pledge. 

My solution is this. Credit the cost of the kids st against future st purchases over the next 2 seasons. So the club will get to keep all the revenue this season, only if we renew will we receive a credit against the boys future season tickets. The club can easily budget for this and I don’t feel shafted. As it turns out both my boys will move to different price categories so this will largely offset the credit anyway. 

If the household has only adult st then the credit could be applied over 3 seasons instead of 2 otherwise the credit should be applied to the lesser value st. 

35 minutes ago, Boris said:

Is that strictly true?

Isn't just free to season ticket holders?

Subtle but still a difference.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Is that strictly true?

39 minutes ago, @Boris said:

Apologies if already stated, but game tomorrow v Partick being streamed free.

YESTERDAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT

Last week the club announced it was committed to live streaming every Championship match at Tynecastle for season 2020/21.

Our streaming partners, Stream Digital, have been working to prepare a new Hearts TV site that will allow season ticket holders regardless of their location (UK or overseas) to access matchday live streams.

As explained with no broadcasters in place for the majority of the campaign, the club is partnering  with QTV and installing a multi-camera setup on matchdays, allowing different camera angles and replays to compliment live audio commentary, as well as slick new graphics and video packages.

As a thank you to fans for their unwavering support, our closed doors pre-season friendly match against Partick Thistle will be broadcast to season ticket holders for free.

Although our new camera setup has yet to be installed,  season ticket holders will be able to watch the  the full 90 minutes live on Saturday with pictures from a single camera, which will include replays and live audio commentary. Come the start of the new campaign, the full Hearts TV experience will be up and running.

Further information on how to access the stream will be made available soon. The new Hearts TV website will allow simple access and we plan to hold a test event on Friday when we will be asking season ticket holders to login and check they can access the site  and raise any issues through the channels we will share.

Saturday will be our first live event and a lot of work has gone in to ensuring this goes as smoothly as possible. This first test event will ensure that we iron out any glitches ahead of  the start of the league season.

Once again, everyone at Hearts thanks our fans for their incredible support during these challenging times. We look forward to seeing you virtually, ahead of our big return home.

39 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Any ST holders on here received an email yet? 

Don't be silly. They have our money and that's all that appears to matter to them. 

22 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Don't be silly. They have our money and that's all that appears to matter to them. 

Are you as boring away from Kickback?

26 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

YESTERDAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT

Last week the club announced it was committed to live streaming every Championship match at Tynecastle for season 2020/21.

Our streaming partners, Stream Digital, have been working to prepare a new Hearts TV site that will allow season ticket holders regardless of their location (UK or overseas) to access matchday live streams.

As explained with no broadcasters in place for the majority of the campaign, the club is partnering  with QTV and installing a multi-camera setup on matchdays, allowing different camera angles and replays to compliment live audio commentary, as well as slick new graphics and video packages.

As a thank you to fans for their unwavering support, our closed doors pre-season friendly match against Partick Thistle will be broadcast to season ticket holders for free.

Although our new camera setup has yet to be installed,  season ticket holders will be able to watch the  the full 90 minutes live on Saturday with pictures from a single camera, which will include replays and live audio commentary. Come the start of the new campaign, the full Hearts TV experience will be up and running.

Further information on how to access the stream will be made available soon. The new Hearts TV website will allow simple access and we plan to hold a test event on Friday when we will be asking season ticket holders to login and check they can access the site  and raise any issues through the channels we will share.

Saturday will be our first live event and a lot of work has gone in to ensuring this goes as smoothly as possible. This first test event will ensure that we iron out any glitches ahead of  the start of the league season.

Once again, everyone at Hearts thanks our fans for their incredible support during these challenging times. We look forward to seeing you virtually, ahead of our big return home.

Still waiting for details on how to log in tomorrow. 

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

If you have a smartTV then you can watch it direct.

Pfaf to set up but might be 'worth it'

thanks i knew that but already have hearts tv on my ipad and phone and its just as easy to stick a hdmi lead in but thanks anyway :flagwave:

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

No nothing yet other than the stock response from them 4 days ago.

Given the situation I'm happy to cut them some slack and give them 2 weeks to come back before getting in touch again.

At least you got a response. It would be interesting if you could keep us informed about how it progresses please. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I requested my season ticket yesterday through finance, am I likely to get an email in time for tomorrow? 

Probably not.  I bought mine in May, and I don’t have an email. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hearts posted on twitter yesterday following their posting about the Partick game.

Question asked: Will a Hearts TV subscription get access to every home game as well or is it just the season ticket holders?

Hearts reply: SPFL rules on live streaming for 20/21 means that only season ticket holders and subscribers outside of the UK & Ireland can access live matchday streams.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1309131675742461960

Responses from others since then have pointed out that this seems to be different to the statement they made last week (that you included above), from the commercial brochure they have provided to sponsors, and from what is happening in the Premiership. Hearts haven't responded again.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Probably not.  I bought mine in May, and I don’t have an email. 

Quality 🤦‍♂️😂

myself to blame for leaving it so late like 

Pasquale for King

It was this tweet from yesterday. It’s still there and questions haven’t been responded to.Someone is wrong somewhere. 

B65DF35A-E2C8-4B85-9CFD-17B4DF6DAED0.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was this tweet from yesterday. It’s still there and questions haven’t been responded to.Someone is wrong somewhere. 

And when you say someone is wrong, that someone is Hearts because they have provided both positions. The good news is they are right as well.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

At least you got a response. It would be interesting if you could keep us informed about how it progresses please. 

No problem.  Hopefully things will get sorted with a way forward that's acceptable to all. Its a bit of a mess and I suspect they're up against it trying to sort it out and communicate to everyone. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

And when you say someone is wrong, that someone is Hearts because they have provided both positions. The good news is they are right as well.

Yeah, still not great to just say stuff to cover both positions though. A clear miscommunication somewhere but it’s just the fans so no need to make it clear to them. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

No problem.  Hopefully things will get sorted with a way forward that's acceptable to all. Its a bit of a mess and I suspect they're up against it trying to sort it out and communicate to everyone. 

Cheers. 

2 hours ago, scottg71 said:

Are you as boring away from Kickback?

I'm just an ordinary guy living an ordinary life, so possibly yes. Do I care what a total stranger thinks; no, otherwise I wouldn't post on Kickback. I hope this answers your question. 

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Is that strictly true?

YESTERDAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT

Thanks for the clarification gents! 👍

Thanks for clarification on PPV.

SPFL playing another blinder with an insane ruling. 

Hopefully, common sense will shine through as developments get worse.

Games need to be made available to away supporters as long as BCD games exist.

Yet another reason to despise ND and his horrible cohorts.

So for the fans that walk up and pay on the day, many reasons to not buy a season ticket as lots of folk work rota weekends and cannot get to every game, will be denied to invest gate money and see the games they can!

The club and fans miss out......this is mental not being able to PPV. 
As a season ticket holder I don’t really care about the money I have paid out. I am more concerned about the revenues that will be missed. It’s a one of problem FFS, any additional money must be good for the clubs to even survive.

1 minute ago, Liam1953 said:

So for the fans that walk up and pay on the day, many reasons to not buy a season ticket as lots of folk work rota weekends and cannot get to every game, will be denied to invest gate money and see the games they can!

The club and fans miss out......this is mental not being able to PPV. 
As a season ticket holder I don’t really care about the money I have paid out. I am more concerned about the revenues that will be missed. It’s a one of problem FFS, any additional money must be good for the clubs to even survive.

Its only a friendly, you'll be able to ppv next month

3 minutes ago, brux said:

Its only a friendly, you'll be able to ppv next month

That's the confusion on the last page mate.

It's possible that there will be no PPVat all.

Is this currently happening in the Premiership at the moment? Anyone?

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

yes, PPV is available in the premiership  not sure how it works, but the facility is there.

31 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Thanks for clarification on PPV.

SPFL playing another blinder with an insane ruling. 

Hopefully, common sense will shine through as developments get worse.

Games need to be made available to away supporters as long as BCD games exist.

Yet another reason to despise ND and his horrible cohorts.

Without wanting to suggest I'm defending Neil Doncaster or anyone at the SPFL, I think at the moment it is unclear it is an SPFL rule. If it is, it is presumably something that has been agreed in the last couple of months as prior to that there was a total ban on streaming games within the UK. It would also presumably have come about as a result of negotiations with the broadcasters who hold domestic rights to Scottish football, as they are effectively waiving their right to exclusive live broadcasting.

Why the broadcasters would have agreed to Premiership teams broadcasting to non-season ticket holders, but refused that for lower league teams seems bizarre.

3pm and no details out however Hearts want people to test it today. Are they also going to have extra staff on this evening and tomorrow to help people out with queries?

Or is it a case of they will pop it out at 4.55 and if it doesn't work tough luck.

We seem woeful at comms and customer service.

28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hamilton, who didn't put STs on sale this season are charging £15 for PPV vs Dundee Utd. 

1 minute ago, SectionFJambo said:

3pm and no details out however Hearts want people to test it today. Are they also going to have extra staff on this evening and tomorrow to help people out with queries?

Or is it a case of they will pop it out at 4.55 and if it doesn't work tough luck.

We seem woeful at comms and customer service.

Hope not as the game will be over.