All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Folk are mentioning that Hearts stream will be super-duper in some way and able to handle 20k logins, but that doesn't mean  some of the 20k people won't experience annoying spells of freezing / kick-outs etc  - all the hidden tech between Hearts server and your device are potential pinch-points (e.g.  your own type & speed of broadband connection , the bandwith   capability in your area, the likely internet traffic in your area,  etc.)     

Just another reason why I've now come round to the view that every ST holder shouldn't automatically lose 1 of our  ST  18 match guarantee for this.   A PPV at a reasonable (e.g. £15) price would cause less anger/frustration if  hiccups occur,  compared to losing a future stadium match.   

There's also the  increasing likelihood of Covid-related  havoc wrecking  the planned  Championship fixture list.   

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Anyone know how season ticket holders access Hearts Tv ? 

Assuming I've missed the clubs email on the info needed 

thamks in advance . 

You’ve not missed it. 

41 minutes ago, ramrod said:

So no information has been released as yet by the club ?

Am I alone in fearing that this isn’t a good sign? 
Really hope they’re pulling out all the stops to deliver this on time and deliver it well.

Last thing we need is another PR own goal. Could save at least a little face if they deliver a decent product off the park as well as on. Fingers crossed 

Edited by cocobeab

wattie exploited
22 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Yes. They've acknowledged my request and say it's been passed to the relevant staff and a more substantial reply will be sent.

Hi Jack just wanted to ask you did you ask for a refund  back for the season tickets and if so who did you write to and what did you say ? as I paid £900 for my two ST but i aint happy that they are going to be using streaming games    against my ST will you let me how you get on :rifle:

dont mind paying to stream the game but not at £35 each as that is what it will work out at roughly :rifle:

talk about exploitation  lol:HeartsManspotrun: 

Edited by wattie exploited

15 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Am I alone in fearing that this isn’t a good sign? 
Really hope they’re pulling out all the stops to deliver this on time and deliver it well.

Last thing we need is another PR own goal. Could save at least a little face if they deliver a decent product off the park as well as on. Fingers crossed 

They have until 2.59 Saturday, assuming PT is a 3 kick off.

Realistically we need to know long before Saturday.

been here before
9 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Hi Jack just wanted to ask you did you ask for a refund  back for the season tickets and if so who did you write to and what did you say ? as I paid £900 for my two ST but i aint happy that they are going to be using streaming games    against my ST will you let me how you get on :rifle:

dont mind paying to stream the game but not at £35 each as that is what it will work out at roughly :rifle:

Wattie

Just email [email protected].

You'll get a stock reply though... 

"Hello

I wanted to confirm that we have received your email.  I have shared it with the relevant people and we will provide a more substantive response to your email within the next few days.

Thank you for getting in touch and we will get back to you as soon as possible".

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Wattie

Just email [email protected].

You'll get a stock reply though... 

"Hello

I wanted to confirm that we have received your email.  I have shared it with the relevant people and we will provide a more substantive response to your email within the next few days.

Thank you for getting in touch and we will get back to you as soon as possible".

thanks for the info  

I was tight for cash this year and the ticket guarantee helped me make the decision to renew (In D so £450).  With the streaming counting as an ST I feel a bit ripped off actually.  I get everyone's opinion and can see where they are coming from but this is just how I am feeling about it.

That reply is interesting in itself on the basis they obviously aren't coming straight back to argue their corner and now several days later the reply hasn't appeared.

Suggests to me there are discussions ongoing and some form of gesture/turnaround/refund offering is coming for those who want it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

That reply is interesting in itself on the basis they obviously aren't coming straight back to argue their corner and now several days later the reply hasn't appeared.

Suggests to me there are discussions ongoing and some form of gesture/turnaround/refund offering is coming for those who want it.

They’ll be stressing about the broadcasts now because if they don’t go smoothly they’ll get torn a new one

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They’ll be stressing about the broadcasts now because if they don’t go smoothly they’ll get torn a new one

Technology seldom works right first time. 😳

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Technology seldom works right first time. 😳

I actually sympathise on that front because it’s virtually impossible to test in a like for like experiment. It’ll be suck it and see on the day

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I actually sympathise on that front because it’s virtually impossible to test in a like for like experiment. It’ll be suck it and see on the day

Indeed, worked in IT for decades and all change is dangerous. 😄

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

They have until 2.59 Saturday, assuming PT is a 3 kick off.

Realistically we need to know long before Saturday.

As the game on Saturday is free to everyone, no doubt with no log in, I am assuming they will be testing the water - are fans happy with the product, can the stream cope with the number of views?  The first two competitive games in the League Cup have been snapped up by Premier Sports, so I don't imagine Hearts TV will show these. The streaming will most likely not be a pay for until the opening league game on 17 October, so the club still has time to think about how they are going to deal with this going forward. By now they will be very aware that there are some very unhappy customers and will know exactly why they are unhappy. Why they don't seem to have anticipated this is astonishing, but perhaps is a reflection of how little Hearts understands its customers.

1 hour ago, Schevchenko said:

I was tight for cash this year and the ticket guarantee helped me make the decision to renew (In D so £450).  With the streaming counting as an ST I feel a bit ripped off actually.  I get everyone's opinion and can see where they are coming from but this is just how I am feeling about it.

Exactly my position.

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

As the game on Saturday is free to everyone, no doubt with no log in, I am assuming they will be testing the water - are fans happy with the product, can the stream cope with the number of views?  The first two competitive games in the League Cup have been snapped up by Premier Sports, so I don't imagine Hearts TV will show these. The streaming will most likely not be a pay for until the opening league game on 17 October, so the club still has time to think about how they are going to deal with this going forward. By now they will be very aware that there are some very unhappy customers and will know exactly why they are unhappy. Why they don't seem to have anticipated this is astonishing, but perhaps is a reflection of how little Hearts understands its customers.

The problem is that there is no solution to the ppv problem that won’t anger some supporters. 🥴

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The problem is that there is no solution to the ppv problem that won’t anger some supporters. 🥴

How about giving three options to ST holders given that everyone is in a different financial situation and opinion is split on the fairest/best solution.

We would all choose either to:

1. Accept the offer that has been made ie a free live stream of home games until fans are allowed back with all streamed games counting towards the 18 guaranteed matches.

2. Agree to buy a subscription for Hearts TV or to watch matches on pay per view basis; with the season ticket only becoming valid for 18 home league games once fans are allowed back.

3. Ask for a full refund of season ticket, so that money is available to subscribe to Hearts TV/pay per view; with an option to renew in the window for ST holders for next season.

Fans would have a certain time period to tell the club which option they want and option 1 would be the default if they don't let the club know differently.

3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

We're all just victims of the working class abuse 😉

I emailed [email protected] 

I  just explained I was disappointed in the announcement and had tried to help the club by upgrading and purchasing an extra seat for my grandson, given their guarantee we'd get 18 games; never for a minute thinking they'd twist the words.

They said they'd be in touch with a full reply soon.

We'll see what they say. I hope to still be able to help the club somehow but not being exploited 🙈

1 hour ago, SectionFJambo said:

I agree I suspect there are ongoing discussions as the reply I received on Thursday stated that I would receive a more substantial response to my letter in the “next few days”.

Therefore I presume that they are discussing this at length due to the feedback received.

23 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

My point is more that most clubs in the Championship might have got say 2-3,000 Hearts fans through the door at £20-25 next season. Instead they are in my view likely to potentially get double that wanting to pay for their streams.

They will potentially benefit from that with Hearts being one of the few clubs losing out. I'm not sure there is much we can do however if it needs our agreement I'd be looking for a % of that gain.

Many of our problems are size and capacity related which the smaller clubs will be able to manage better. Even when games restart many of them may be able to accommodate near normal gates once rules allow even allowing for distancing.

I thought we were boycotting. Does that not include streaming?

30 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Looks like that's no crowds at least until the end of March. Unless there's a vaccine. 

Mass vaccine will be July 2021 at best...

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:lol:

I'm hoping BBC and IPTV :whistling:will come to the rescue with away games.

40 minutes ago, JyTees said:

It's possibly been discussed in amongst the angst and ire, but how do you actually access Hearts TV with your season ticket? 🤔

Not announced yet.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

We're all just victims of the working class abuse 😉

I emailed [email protected] 

I  just explained I was disappointed in the announcement and had tried to help the club by upgrading and purchasing an extra seat for my grandson, given their guarantee we'd get 18 games; never for a minute thinking they'd twist the words.

They said they'd be in touch with a full reply soon.

We'll see what they say. I hope to still be able to help the club somehow but not being exploited 🙈

exactly Jack I dont mind buying the ST for my son and I as I thought we would be getting any game put over to next  season and I didn't mind buying a ppv  for streaming the games  but its the matter of principle that I think they are taking a bit of the piss on this matter  especially when money is tight if you have no income coming in as there is lots of fans I think are a bit annoyed with the way they are going about this matter anyway hope they come up with a better solution as some of us will be paying a lot more money than the majority to watch the same game its a bit of a piss take :rifle: 

Edited by wattie exploited

9 hours ago, frankblack said:

Do BBC still cover the championship?

Looks like it, unless the new SKY deal scuppered this announcement on Nov 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46264663#:~:text=BBC Scotland has agreed a,early in the new year.

BBC Scotland has agreed a deal with the Scottish Professional Football League to extend its coverage of the Scottish Premiership and Championship to 2025.

32 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Looks like it, unless the new SKY deal scuppered this announcement on Nov 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46264663#:~:text=BBC Scotland has agreed a,early in the new year.

BBC Scotland has agreed a deal with the Scottish Professional Football League to extend its coverage of the Scottish Premiership and Championship to 2025.

Cheers.  👍

been here before
1 hour ago, gov said:

St holders will receive a email in the next day or so about how to login to hearts tv and watch the games 

A bold prediction or ITK?

40 minutes ago, been here before said:

A bold prediction or ITK?

I sent hearts a tweet and they replied saying 

Hi James, you'll receive an email with info/instructions in the next day or so 👍

Any chat about Betfred cup games (at home and away), do season ticket holders pay for these seperately?

And if things go ahead, any idea of what clubs are streaming away games in championship?

2 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Any chat about Betfred cup games (at home and away), do season ticket holders pay for these seperately?

And if things go ahead, any idea of what clubs are streaming away games in championship?

Just saw that premier sports have the first couple of games.

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, gov said:

St holders will receive a email in the next day or so about how to login to hearts tv and watch the games 

What about non season ticket holders?

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

What about non season ticket holders?

I expect the club will announce that on social media for the ppv style of watching the games. I think the st holders may get an email before that is announced though 

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, gov said:

I expect the club will announce that on social media for the ppv style of watching the games. I think the st holders may get an email before that is announced though 

Ah ok.....I was not aware the game on Saturday was free......obviously it’s friendly and will be a test of future streaming of games.

Anyone any idea of the substantial investment in camera and viewing upgrades hearts announced?

5 hours ago, gov said:

That's nice. I would actually like a reply to the email I sent last week asking about what is to happen to season ticket holders with no access to the internet at home and to those season ticket holders who don't want to access streaming as part of their season ticket.   

I posted on the other thread:

Perhaps to appease fans about the guarantee, and limiting damage, they can offer those who don’t ask for a refund, and accept the stream, they could freeze season ticket prices, or reduce by 10% or something, when we can get back in for a full season, whenever that may be, or offer discounts for meals in the Sky Lounge, or something. 

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

That's nice. I would actually like a reply to the email I sent last week asking about what is to happen to season ticket holders with no access to the internet at home and to those season ticket holders who don't want to access streaming as part of their season ticket.   

I'm guessing you've not had a reply because they don't no the answer themselves.

We don't seem very adept at our communications. 

Sending the access instructions out 24-48 hours before a game seems to be quite tight and suggests it isn't just Hearts world to me. 

On the other side it's now a full week on and the substantive replies have not appeared.

It does appear to me it's made up as they go along with little thought process.

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's what'll be happening in this household. I've got used to following games on JKB, Twitter, BBC online...