All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Maybe because it's a friendly there won't be a login required, open for everyone.

I think they will be sending emails out with logon details. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I'm not paid to think so I'm clutching at straws tbh.

Just now, davemclaren said:

I saw a screen shot of one on facebook that the guy got today.

6 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ah ok.....I was not aware the game on Saturday was free......obviously it’s friendly and will be a test of future streaming of games.

Anyone any idea of the substantial investment in camera and viewing upgrades hearts announced?

https://twitter.com/lawrencebroadie/status/1306318286276227072?s=20

On 16/09/2020 at 17:01, BigC said:

I don’t mind donating to the club & had they given me the option to swap my ST for a Hearts TV Subscription I may have said yes.

What I do mind, is being completely taken for granted & the wording in that email, rather than being unclear, actual makes it perfectly clear that they intend to reinterpret their guarantee to take the fans for granted.

i.e. “Guaranteed 18 Games at Tynecastle” Previously meant 18 games watching the match from your seat, but it now means “We’ll show you 18 games at Tynecastle, maybe in person eventually, but for the foreseeable, through a stream on your laptop”.

It means that a guy paying £295 for a Bronze ST gets exactly the same as a guy who has paid £1800 for 4 adult season ticket for his wife & 2 grown up kids (with the exception that the family will be able to watch it on more than one device).

Folk are saying that other clubs have done the same, but I’m pretty sure that only Hearts did the “18 Games at Tynecastle” guaranteed pledge. 

I’m in the process of buying a house & may not have bought that ST had that guarantee not been offered. 

To then make out that a subscription to Hearts TV with a few extra camera angles fulfills that guarantee is completely duplicitous & I don’t see how it’s not a breach of consumer protection laws.

The club need to give fans the option to transfer these games to matches that they can actually attend at Tynecastle.

If they do that, I’ll happily pay £15-20 to stream a game live & keep the club going, but this is a massive 2 fingers to the fans.

100% this. Renewed 3 platinum tickets in good faith for me and my two boys and now feel like a victim of a scam. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I hope they can cope with the demand.  Don't want any Hancock's half-hour and then the whole thing crashes because of demand.

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully not too many fans ask for a refund, if everyone does then the club would likely go into admin or liquidation. 

I think nearly all clubs are in this place. 

I'm sure that most won't and those that do can be safe in the knowledge that there will be a club to support because of those that don't ask for a refund. 

A bit like those that go in the huff and don't renew or go to games because we're piss- don't worry lads we'll keep things going and help ensure Hearts are still about when you decide to pop back. 

Wattie did raise a valid point imo about the varying St prices, not sure how they manage that and make that fair across all season ticket holders. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hopefully not too many fans ask for a refund, if everyone does then the club would likely go into admin or liquidation. 

I think nearly all clubs are in this place. 

I'm sure that most won't and those that do can be safe in the knowledge that there will be a club to support because of those that don't ask for a refund. 

A bit like those that go in the huff and don't renew or go to games because we're piss- don't worry lads we'll keep things going and help ensure Hearts are still about when you decide to pop back. 

Wattie did raise a valid point imo about the varying St prices, not sure how they manage that and make that fair across all season ticket holders. 

I'm not paying £55 a game/£85 per month to watch a stream for my household's three tickets. Fair play to those who can. I'm happy to consider paying for a stream as a separate option when they advertise it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Oh here’s uber fan again

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Another horrible day inside your head. 

Sad times. 

Sat with a cup of tea and full of the joys of spring today, honey. Would be nice if the rain stopped but you know.

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Could they not just credit you for next season instead? Streaming for this season would need to be paid for. Easiest solution. 

Way too sensible mate. Not too late to pull the rabbit out the bag, hopefully they will see the sense of this soon. Can you imagine if the ppv price meant that away fans were paying LESS to view than most ST holders? Absolutely ludicrous scenario! 

I don't want to have to PPV for Hearts games. I want to be able to watch them from home using my season ticket, until I am able to get back in to the stadium to watch them live.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Way too sensible mate. Not too late to pull the rabbit out the bag, hopefully they will see the sense of this soon. Can you imagine if the ppv price meant that away fans were paying LESS to view than most ST holders? Absolutely ludicrous scenario! 

It’s complex though. Hearts can’t guarantee that PPV would match the revenue from season tickets because they don’t know how many people will pay for streams. So they potentially take a hit at a time when they’re short of cash anyway.

But that’s set against the people who feel they’re not getting value for money from their season tickets. I don’t really know what the answer is - apart to offer refunds to those who want them and hope that very few ask for them.

I’ll leave my money in the club regardless. I didn’t ever think it would be likely we’d be able to attend every game.

Given that everyone is in a different financial situation and opinion is split on the fairest/best solution, how about giving all ST holders three options to choose from:

1. Accept the offer that has been made ie a free live stream of home games until fans are allowed back with all streamed games counting towards the 18 guaranteed matches.

OR

2. Agree to buy a subscription for Hearts TV or to watch matches on pay per view basis; with the season ticket frozen and only becoming valid for 18 home league games once fans are allowed back.

OR

3. Ask for a full refund of season ticket, so that we have money available to subscribe to Hearts TV/pay per view; with an option to renew in the window for ST holders for next season.

Fans would have a certain time period to tell the club which option they want and option 1 would be the default if they don't let the club know differently.

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Be carnage and meltdown on here, tbh scary thinking about it.

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Could they not just credit you for next season instead? Streaming for this season would need to be paid for. Easiest solution. 

Revenue from streaming would be miniscule in comparison to Season Tickets.  Pirate streams via IPTV are ten a penny and even in a best case scenario you would only have 1 purchase per household.

This season's season ticket money is already committed in terms of our playing budget for this season, are you really suggesting that we play next season with no ticket revenue.

Yes - Hearts wrote a dreadfully worded statement concerning what access to games meant, but ultimately what we are proposing is exactly the same as everyone of our rivals.

How about realising that refunding money will most probably cripple the club in debt, hopefully not busting it altogether worse case scenario.

I'm positive refunding season tickets will create redundancies though, if indeed that can be stopped anyway. 

Last I heard we could survive ok until the start on next year. What happens after that?

Now that the cash has hit the bank with the Hickey sale it would be a good idea to refund all the torn pussed mumpers would it not.

That'll help the club out no end.

38 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Revenue from streaming would be miniscule in comparison to Season Tickets.  Pirate streams via IPTV are ten a penny and even in a best case scenario you would only have 1 purchase per household.

This season's season ticket money is already committed in terms of our playing budget for this season, are you really suggesting that we play next season with no ticket revenue.

Yes - Hearts wrote a dreadfully worded statement concerning what access to games meant, but ultimately what we are proposing is exactly the same as everyone of our rivals.

Maybe our benefactor could cover the difference. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Oh here’s uber fan again

Not really, but it's true. 

If we all demanded a refund and threatened to go to court the club would be no more. 

Luckily, we all won't and Hearts will survive this. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

How about realising that refunding money will most probably cripple the club in debt, hopefully not busting it altogether worse case scenario.

I'm positive refunding season tickets will create redundancies though, if indeed that can be stopped anyway. 

Last I heard we could survive ok until the start on next year. What happens after that?

New CEO McKinnon said we would survive the season if no fans were allowed in. I assume that was based on not having a massive swathe of refunds to pay back, however.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

I'm not paying £55 a game/£85 per month to watch a stream for my household's three tickets. Fair play to those who can. I'm happy to consider paying for a stream as a separate option when they advertise it.

Yeah, multiple St and the difference between bronze and platinum is an issue, I agree. 

But, when you get to basics if we all got a refund the club would be liquidated or be in admin. 

Thankfully we all won't. 

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

New CEO McKinnon said we would survive the season if no fans were allowed in. I assume that was based on not having a massive swathe of refunds to pay back, however.

Of course it was, this season's money is long gone or banked to pay this season's on going expenses.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Of course it was, this season's money is long gone or banked to pay this season's on going expenses.

Yeah, I know. I’ll get rounded on again if I point this out though. Apparently it shouldn’t be mentioned as it is attempting to “guilt trip” people. Whether it’s a fact or not, doesn’t seem to matter.

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Yeah, I know. I’ll get rounded on again if I point this out though. Apparently it shouldn’t be mentioned as it is attempting to “guilt trip” people. Whether it’s a fact or not, doesn’t seem to matter.

You only get rounded on because for some reason you try to reason with the unreasonable, makes you look as stupid as them on occasions.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

You only get rounded on because for some reason you try to reason with the unreasonable, makes you look as stupid as them on occasions.

If I just said what I want to say, and was honest I’d be banned. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

(Admin edit)

Really? How about realising that the current state of affairs are crippling some supporters with debt, but that some of these renewed out of loyalty to the club while hardly being able to afford it. I cannot even start to think how much I am down because of what has happened.  As a business it is benefitting from free money from FOH, sponsorship money and transfer income, but us, the mug punters are expected to pick up the tab; if it has to cut back then so be it - every business, every football club in Scotland and most importantly and most people have to, so get real. Covid 19 is not an excuse for taking advantage of customers, people are entitled to get what they paid for and if not a refund.  

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

100% this. Renewed 3 platinum tickets in good faith for me and my two boys and now feel like a victim of a scam. 

same here now we have some key board warriors thinking they rule the roost on here trying to talk shit about people I don't think it is right and needs to be addressed , didn't pay £900 to stream  games other people will be paying less for as for the key board warriors go gtf :rifle:  would rather pay to stream games separately and get the game time back when we can actually get back into the football  :HeartsManspotrun:

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If there are technical issues with the live streaming then there will be utter carnage on here. 

Never mind, I'm sure our resident technical wizard, the one and only @davemclaren , will have a contingency plan in place to ensure JKB runs smoothly and doesn't fall on its arse.

:sadrobbo:

27 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

same here now we have some key board warriors thinking they rule the roost on here trying to talk shit about people I don't think it is right and needs to be addressed , didn't pay £900 to stream  games other people will be paying less for as for the key board warriors go gtf :rifle:  would rather pay to stream games separately and get the game time back when we can actually get back into the football  :HeartsManspotrun:

Nobody on here is acting like a keyboard warrior, funding our football team is very different to a transactional payment for entertainment.

I don't support AFC Cineworld, so therefore would be outraged if my monthly DD was taken whilst denied access to the multiplex.  However, Hearts are my team and my club and I realise that my ST payment is the lifeblood of the club, paying the wages of the players.  As long as I have access to the games, I accept the restrictions of the pandemic and am happy that my 3 platinum STs are funding the likes of Craig Gordon Haring, Naismith et al!!!

wattie exploited
26 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Nobody on here is acting like a keyboard warrior, funding our football team is very different to a transactional payment for entertainment.

I don't support AFC Cineworld, so therefore would be outraged if my monthly DD was taken whilst denied access to the multiplex.  However, Hearts are my team and my club and I realise that my ST payment is the lifeblood of the club, paying the wages of the players.  As long as I have access to the games, I accept the restrictions of the pandemic and am happy that my 3 platinum STs are funding the likes of Craig Gordon Haring, Naismith et al!!!

wasn't talking about you its a matter of principle mate if you get told something then told something else its a lie my argument is I don't think I should be paying the same as somebody else who has paid a lot less for the same stream its not about not supporting the team , perhaps you have  income coming in the last 7 months some off us don't have that right now and to pay £900 for a stream is a bit much but every one to their own :rifle:

45 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I'm assuming you had had an inkling that there may not be any football this year?

Even if it was only a small percentage chance.

If so, wouldn't it have been wise to just hold fire or even downgrade your season ticket or did you feel the club deserved your funds as it was a difficult situation.

Edit: Ah just to clarify you would like to stream the games separately, I assume this payment would be made for everyone of the season ticket holders in your household.

Do you see an issue the club may have with that scenario?

Edited by Neon

wattie exploited
5 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

I'm assuming you had had an inkling that there may not be any football this year?

If so, wouldn't it have been wise to just hold fire or even downgrade your season ticket or did you feel the club deserved your funds as it was a difficult situation.

its not the season tickets that the problem its the fact some of us have paid alot more money not to stream a game when like you said I could have down graded but I didnt because I have been following the team for over 50 years mate its the principle .

I have no problem paying to stream the games but I don't think its fair that some off us will be paying for the same streams only paying hundreds of pounds more pretty simple really :rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited

I sympathise with people's individual circumstances, but struggle with the argument that someone can afford to physically attend matches, but can't afford the streams.

Watching matches on TV clearly isn't ideal, but from a financial perspective, I am saving on matchday travel, sweep tickets on the supporters bus, pre-match beers in Jessie May's, a programme, half time pies and away day costs.

OK, not particularly happy with the streaming of our games but c'est la vie/shit happens/suck it up )choose which one you want however, here's my take on the situation:

1.  I was well aware that it was unlikely that we would see Hearts in the flesh until after December.  I still paid to renew 5 Platinum season tickets in the main stand on the off chance that we would see at least some games.  As it turns out, this is now even more unlikely.  You pays your money, you takes your chance.  At least I will see Hearts play competitive games somehow.

2.  Although this was my primary reason to do the renewal, I was also thinking further ahead. ie if I did not renew this year then there was a chance I could lose my seats and if we happen to have a good year and bounce right back up, then there's no guarantee I would get the same or similar 5 seats together.  So a slight hedge of my season ticket bet for season 2021/2022.

3.  From a practical point of view, Hearts still have their overheads to cover and are reluctant/unable to borrow to meet these for 1 year.  Rightly so, they do not want to saddle the new owners waiting in the wings with a debt pile for several years that needs to be serviced and repaid.  My season ticket money helps that and I do not in any way, shape of form want to put my club at risk by joining a throng of 'supporters' demanding their season ticket money back, that in all probability has been spent or earmarked for ongoing costs through this year.

4.  To those who are saying that they feel cheated, well I can actually understand that but if the club was to be held to 18 games guaranteed 'in the flesh, Tynecastle games' then all we are doing is kicking the fiscal problem down the road 1/2/3 years time.  for example if they carry 6 games over to the next 3 years season ticket sales as discounts on these future sales then this is a 1/3rd reduction in the revenue from the same number of season ticket sales for 3 YEARS!!!.  That is £1-2 MILLION less in the clubs overall budget for the next 3 years.  So essentially a similar budget to what we are operating on this year.  That means poorer players in a tougher league than we will face this year.

5.  They club has invested a 'significant' sum in this new streaming set up.  It's not perfect but lets give it a chance.

I want to get back to Tynecastle just like every other Hearts fan but we have dug deep to pay for season tickets this year.  In many cases the money is gone, out of our accounts, never to be seen again except as end product on the park.  Let's not jeopardise this and the clubs very future at a time when there is so much uncertainty in the world.

5 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Edit: Ah just to clarify you would like to stream the games separately, I assume this payment would be made for everyone of the season ticket holders in your household.

Do you see an issue the club may have with that scenario?

I think he said in an earlier post that it’s not the non-attendance that bothers him, it’s the way it was communicated. Never thought I’d see the day that I’d be suggesting the lead singer from a punk band maybe needs to stop being so sensitive. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

its not the season tickets that the problem its the fact some of us have paid alot more money not to stream a game when like you said I could have down graded but I didnt because I have been following the team for over 50 years mate its the principle .

I have no problem paying to stream the games but I don't think its fair that some off us will be paying for the same streams only paying hundreds of pounds more pretty simple really :rifle:

I hear you Wattie, it's a horrible situation to be in, I just feel that many out there will take advantage and only pay for one stream.

No one can win in this scenario - Hearts, I'm sure will refund those who are aggrieved, I just want to get back to the football myself  but still have a club to support.

I haven't re-newed this season as funds won't allow. However, if Hearts offer a pay per game option then i'll be quite happy to pay that. I assume season ticket holders would be getting their stream at no extra cost given that they've already paid for their ST's? 

Sorry if this has already been asked, i've been away so not up to date with the goings on at the moment.

I think he said in an earlier post that it’s not the non-attendance that bothers him, it’s the way it was communicated. Never thought I’d see the day that I’d be suggesting the lead singer from a punk band maybe needs to stop being so sensitive. 🤷‍♂️

Punk band or not each individual case has to be taken on it's own merits.

Stop being so judgemental Beast Boy.

wattie exploited

your right its not about the attendance  its the way it was communicated no matter what i will be a jambo till I die its just a matter off principle am always up front with people I just expect the same back  

wattie exploited
3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

I hear you Wattie, it's a horrible situation to be in, I just feel that many out there will take advantage and only pay for one stream.

No one can win in this scenario - Hearts, I'm sure will refund those who are aggrieved, I just want to get back to the football myself  but still have a club to support.

exactly mate come on the jambo.s:HeartsManspotrun: 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, jambonian said:

I haven't re-newed this season as funds won't allow. However, if Hearts offer a pay per game option then i'll be quite happy to pay that. I assume season ticket holders would be getting their stream at no extra cost given that they've already paid for their ST's? 

Sorry if this has already been asked, i've been away so not up to date with the goings on at the moment.

There’s no extra cost (I don’t think) but what people are saying is that if you live in a household of four season ticket holders, the cost of the one stream you need is extremely high. (Doesn’t affect me - I’ve only got one).

David McCaig makes a good point - if you could afford the tickets then you could afford the tickets so you might be able to leave the money in the club. But that’s an individual decision and no-one should be told what to do with their cash, especially not by a closet Hibby.

1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

your right its not about the attendance  its the way it was communicated no matter what i will be a jambo till I die its just a matter off principle am always up front with people I just expect the same back  

That’s what I thought. I understand you feeling that way, and it’s not fair. There’s no getting away from that fact. Is the principle worth plunging the club in to financial ruin over though? I have no idea if you are looking for a refund or not, but some are. I am genuinely worried that if enough people do, we could be totally up shit creek.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, multiple St and the difference between bronze and platinum is an issue, I agree. 

But, when you get to basics if we all got a refund the club would be liquidated or be in admin. 

Thankfully we all won't. 

The bronze v platinum issue is the same at all clubs this season due to BCD games and there is not a solution to that other than massively reducing income. I'm in gold and don't have much spare cash but think there is little else the club can do on this point.