All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Just now, frankblack said:

Yeah, because at the time season tickets went on sale everything was clear about which division we were in and when football would restart with fans. :rolleyes:

Which is surely the time for the club to act responsibly and explain that some games may be accessed virtually. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

How many individuals have actually said they will try and get refunds? There’s a bit of understandable criticism but few hearts fans will demand money back. Imo, of course. 

You tell me.  I'm not a mind reader.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am just making the assumption Hearts will refuse refunds, so it is up to individuals what to do after that.

Here Frank, have a read of this.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

There are at least 2 routes I can see people going down and, if I can see them, so can the club. They won't be refusing refunds.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am just making the assumption Hearts will refuse refunds, so it is up to individuals what to do after that.

Just larking about Frank.

JiH was very irate at the start of this thread .

Really up to the individual, if they are so unhappy, ask for a refund.

If not, let them vent off on here.

its a crap situation for Both club and supporters 

Can't delete this bloody emoji🤭

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You tell me.  I'm not a mind reader.

I never said you were. I wasn’t looking for a precise number but given that season ticket holders will be largely responsible for increased FoH contributions and wholly responsible for us selling 11.5k season tickets after relegation, how do you rate  the chances of folk demanding refunds in any significant way? 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just larking about Frank.

JiH was very irate at the start of this thread .

Really up to the individual, if they are so unhappy, ask for a refund.

If not, let them vent off on here.

its a crap situation for Both club and supporters 

Can't delete this bloody emoji🤭

I never saw those posts.  Would Hearts give a refund on a Hibs season ticket? 🤭

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I never saw those posts.  Would Hearts give a refund on a Hibs season ticket? 🤭

JiH has never been to a game of football in his life. 

12 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

"A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign." 

They promised the "full value" of your season ticket, is streaming games full value to yourself? 

"guarantee YOU 18 matches AT Tynecastle Park" watching in the front room isn't you at Tynecastle Park is it? 

Then there's an email from the ticket office and various people saying they were told the same thing face to face at the ticket office. 

I'm not one for putting the boot in to Hearts but they've ****ed this royally and anyone saying otherwise is at it. 

The matches will be at Tynecastle Park though.

I agree its a poor show and somebody needs to show a bit leadership and sort it.

Has our new Chief Executive started work yet. I do hope this mess is not down to him or we are in trouble.

I don't want a refund nor do I want to be forced to pay over the odds to watch a stream of home games, which is effectively what is happening. I want what I paid for!

I renewed our season tickets on the basis that we will get to attend the first 18 league games at Tynecastle after fans are allowed back. That was what the club guaranteed, regardless of any spin anyone wants to put on it.

We all support Hearts as best we can. But due to covid I don't have a lot of spare cash for anything so deciding to renew was in the balance until deadline day. If I'd known the guarantee of 18 games at Tynecastle would become 18 games some on TV and possibly some at Tynecastle, I wouldn't have.

I would still consider subscribing to Hearts TV if it was a reasonable price or watching games on a pay per view basis. But equating the streaming of games to season tickets is just wrong.

6 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I don't want a refund nor do I want to be forced to pay over the odds to watch a stream of home games, which is effectively what is happening. I want what I paid for!

I renewed our season tickets on the basis that we will get to attend the first 18 league games at Tynecastle after fans are allowed back. That was what the club guaranteed, regardless of any spin anyone wants to put on it.

We all support Hearts as best we can. But due to covid I don't have a lot of spare cash for anything so deciding to renew was in the balance until deadline day. If I'd known the guarantee of 18 games at Tynecastle would become 18 games some on TV and possibly some at Tynecastle, I wouldn't have.

I would still consider subscribing to Hearts TV if it was a reasonable price or watching games on a pay per view basis. But equating the streaming of games to season tickets is just wrong.

How much are you prepared to pay for a stream?

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

I'd pay £8 per stream, and £2 for the raffle.

The club already have our ST money, so this would be additional money for the club right now.

11 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Yup! 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not sure to be honest. I realise it could end up being swings and roundabouts but it just seems the wrong way to do it.

£10. Maybe up to £15 a game especially if it is decent coverage.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That is a cracker. 

Possibly the worst post on JKB, ever. 

Maybe the Internet. 

The worst post on JKB, and the Internet, ever was...

”I’d rather Hibs won the Scottish Cup than Rangers.”

5 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd pay £8 per stream, and £2 for the raffle.

The club already have our ST money, so this would be additional money for the club right now.

Unlike yourself, others want a refund, fair enough.

But how much are they prepared to pay for the stream if they can't get into the ground and it's not available on sky/BBC.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are the best fans at times but also the worst. 

Do folk actually feel the club have broken their trust? 

Are folk upset, did they not consider fans may not be allowed back in? 

Are folk that angry about whatever it is? 

Does anyone on here want a refund and been told by the club no, or are they just greetin' because it's somthing to moan about?

I really don't know what some people's expectations were . 

Back in early Summer there was obviously some hope that fans could be back in Stadiums by mid October hence the plan to honour any home games that couldn't be played in lieu for next season . 

Things haven't improved putting the club firmly on the back foot . The only realistic option was to facilitate a streaming service for season ticket holders to the best quality possible. 

It's not ideal but honouring the original idea of refunding every game not played at Tynecastle would have crippled the clubs revenue stream for season tickets next year . 

While not ideal most Hearts fans with a modicum of intellect will see the bigger picture that we are all a victim of  circumstances and haven't been hoodwinked by the club . 

Gorgie Boot boy
22 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

This is the moment to introduce a new price next season, to vindicate this seasons missing games. We may win trophies during the time it takes for us to be able to go watch the side again. Or it may be before then. Everything before us will not go by us. A title promotion and Two Scottish Cup trophies , will be worth it. No competitive game has taken place yet. Wait and see, things may change.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That is out of order, surely you are joking mate ?

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Not sure to be honest. I realise it could end up being swings and roundabouts but it just seems the wrong way to do it.

£10. Maybe up to £15 a game especially if it is decent coverage.

Personally, it should be £15 minimum. More £20.

Especially if it's exclusive to Hearts TV.

Regarding your last sentence is that not what all the top clubs are doing ? 

If I was running things I would offer refunds to anyone who wants one. 

I would then make it public just how much it has cost the club to remedy the situation. 

The moral of the story is don't make promises that you can't keep. 

Oh and can we stop the chestbeating about what wonderful fans we are. 

This has been embarrassing from the club and has been a feeding frenzy for the sleeper hibees on here and people who just like a moan. 

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Back in early Summer there was obviously some hope that fans could be back in Stadiums by mid October hence the plan to honour any home games that couldn't be played in lieu for next season . 

Things haven't improved putting the club firmly on the back foot . The only realistic option was to facilitate a streaming service for season ticket holders to the best quality possible. 

It's not ideal but honouring the original idea of refunding every game not played at Tynecastle would have crippled the clubs revenue stream for season tickets next year . 

While not ideal most Hearts fans with a modicum of intellect will see the bigger picture that we are all a victim of  circumstances and haven't been hoodwinked by the club . 

Pretty much my views, too.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Please tell me that's not the guy that was questioning my credentials as a Hearts fan earlier? 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You should know. You are an expert at  worst ever posts. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Unlike yourself, others want a refund, fair enough.

But how much are they prepared to pay for the stream if they can't get into the ground and it's not available on sky/BBC.

I think £8 would be a good number. Sky have no rights to the Championship and any BBC games we'd have some additional money (electronic ad board etc).

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Personally, it should be £15 minimum. More £20.

Especially if it's exclusive to Hearts TV.

Hearts get off on a flyer, grab the headlines.

We may get some TV heavy weight suitors wanting a gab.

1 minute ago, kila said:

I think £8 would be a good number. Sky have no rights to the Championship and any BBC games we'd have some additional money (electronic ad board etc).

I think Rangers are £9.99 (big fan base), Livingston are £20 (small fan base) so maybe somewhere in between but if the PPV price is less than half of what Platinum ST's are paying, will some folk still cling to the claim that we've not been misled?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You should know. You are an expert at  worst ever posts. 

You actually seem to be on the right side of this argument which is a miracle because you’re one of Budge’s most active mouthpieces.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

I think Rangers are £9.99 (big fan base), Livingston are £20 (small fan base) so maybe somewhere in between but if the PPV price is less than half of what Platinum ST's are paying, will some folk still cling to the claim that we've not been misled?

Either way, the club could be making additional money by selling streams for games now instead of deducting ST games which only makes an impact from next summer.

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Factual.

And it’s why that supposed Hearts ‘fan’ is on ignore.

A slaver and someone who will never get Hearts.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Smith’s Right Boot. As he will doubtless confirm 

He is at the wind up, must be feeling lonely. Any lonely person would suffer saying that just for a conversation. At any cost. If a random said that to me they would be told. ****ing do one ya Hibby *******.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

More appropriate usernames might be "Smith's Right Cheek" or Smith's Brass Neck".

I am actually a Smith . lol. Sweet cheeks Smith, to be precise.

8 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

After over 50 years following Hearts, I've just understood I'm an Uber Jammie wearer 😀

I’m just an Uber sleep in the skud non jammie wearer. & HMFC can keep my ST momey and as I am still pissed off with last season, I will give this season a miss until we are allowed back into our seats😂🇱🇻

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

He is at the wind up, must be feeling lonely. Any lonely person would suffer saying that just for a conversation. At any cost. If a random said that to me they would be told. ****ing do one ya Hibby *******.

He was called Tosh back then, he’s reminded of it on at least a weekly basis. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He was called Tosh back then, he’s reminded of it on at least a weekly basis. 

I forget at the minute , years of damage. I remember little of those days. The Name Allison is big in my mind though, i dunno if i played against him or with him. Roddy Grant is someone i know well. a lot of good players kicking around in them days. 

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You actually seem to be on the right side of this argument which is a miracle because you’re one of Budge’s most active mouthpieces.

Anybody that doesn't criticise and moan about all matters Hearts is a Budge mouthpiece to you. 

You were even moaning during the match last night ffs. 

Your username fits your posting style. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-fan-return-coronavirus-leitch-18962789?utm_source=edinburgh_live_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=EdinburghLive4&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

Plans for Scottish football fans to return to stadia are "slightly more at risk" following the recent rise in coronavirus cases, according to Scotland's national clinical director.

Jason Leitch warned the "worrying" surge in the number of people testing positive for COVID-19 meant a repeat of test events which saw a limited number of supporters take in games at Dingwall and Pittodrie was likely to be shelved until the current spike eases off.

Speaking on BBC Scotland's Off the Ball, Professor Leitch said it was unlikely that the game itself would be forced into another shutdown by the virus - provided sporting bubble protocols are followed.

So it looks like Hearts TV for the foreseeable.

Gorgie Boot boy

See when Hearts go up to lift the Scottish cup, we will all admire the season ticket. It will become a treasure, as we funded the side won the cup. That in itself will be enough, to compensate any issues regarding this seasons ticket farce.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anybody that doesn't criticise and moan about all matters Hearts is a Budge mouthpiece to you. 

You were even moaning during the match last night ffs. 

Your username fits your posting style. 

I was moaning about the absence of competitive games, soft lad.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Exactly this.

Howsome on here STILL can't grasp the concept is ****ing incredible.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Ofc. 

Well said. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Who were you before?