All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Think someone said “Baxfee has spoken, close thread” or something? He gets called an “Uber” and a “jammie wearer” too though, on other threads.

So not a whole lot of angry responses to someone calling us "moaning minnies", suggesting that we should stop being Hearts fans and go away and become Hibs fans. Hardly the first post in that vein on this thread. But you think it is only those who have noted their unhappiness with the actions of the club this week who aren't in control of their emotions?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

been here before
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

:facepalm:

How stupid am I. I thought was today. Thanks guys. 

Dont apologise.

A 'freebie' meaningless game against a 3rd division mob played in an empty ground watched on a shitty internet stream.

Confusion due to excitement is understandable.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Another day, another game of whack-a-mole with another set of posters new to the thread, criticising those who are unhappy by making exactly the same points that I been rebutted numerous times already on the thread.

The club said this week that when they made the the guarantee that they expected fans back in the stadium. They said this week "When we launched the Season Ticket Guarantee back in May we very much had hoped, based on the guidance at that time, that supporters would be back in the stadium at the start of the season".

It was the clubs fault for making the guarantee, not the fans for accepting it in good faith. The club explicitly removed the risk of not being able to watch a game in the stadium. Is it the fault of the club or the fault of the fans that in an environment of uncertainty that the club made season ticket holders a guarantee that they couldn't then keep? The club then did itself no favours by communicating the change they made this week so poorly.

These posters clearly haven't read the thread,  all of their "questions"  have been answered a number of times but still they keep going! 

13 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So two questions:

1. Was it a mistake to offer the guarantee in the first place and was that mistake made by the club or those who bought a season ticket?

2. Did the club do a good job of communicating the change last week?

I said at the time that the guarantee and wording of the original statement was madness and left us open to potentially having no ST revenue next season.

This week has been about communicating a course of action which should have been clearly articulated from day one.

I can understand why it’s unpopular, but Hearts just need to ride the storm on this one and make sure that Hearts match coverage is of genuine broadcast quality.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

Oh dear.  You are truly clutching at straws (pun intended) trying to drag up a thread from 8 years ago.

You did almost cry on that thread though. I think that rules you out of talking about tasting tears.

6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

"tickets being subject to availability ". 

It's almost as if Hearts are suggesting that you might be in the stadium! 

Yeah, a bit of an odd sentence... does it refer to those NOT renewing for the following season?! ...I mean, if you renew, you would have your season ticket(s) anyway? That sentence doesn't make sense - to me at any rate.

9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Another day, another game of whack-a-mole with another set of posters new to the thread, criticising those who are unhappy by making exactly the same points that I been rebutted numerous times already on the thread.

The club said this week that when they made the the guarantee that they expected fans back in the stadium. They said this week "When we launched the Season Ticket Guarantee back in May we very much had hoped, based on the guidance at that time, that supporters would be back in the stadium at the start of the season".

It was the clubs fault for making the guarantee, not the fans for accepting it in good faith. The club explicitly removed the risk of not being able to watch a game in the stadium. Is it the fault of the club or the fault of the fans that in an environment of uncertainty that the club made season ticket holders a guarantee that they couldn't then keep? The club then did itself no favours by communicating the change they made this week so poorly.

Correct.  The guarantee was meant to be at the stadium, in your seat.  The club

has admitted this. It was clear back then too, that they did not include steaming. As at the time we were not aware we would be permitted to, or be able to stream all games in the UK.  It was to incentivise fans, who were concerned fans may not be allowed in, to buy tickets.  To this is what is happening (and it is not changing any time soon), Hearts have gone back on it.  

I have accepted it now, and will not ask for a refund. I will enjoy the game as much as I can on my crappy PC, and crappy broadband.  I am now actually more annoyed with their comments to the EEN, where it is made out this was always the intention, and it’s the fans fault for ‘misunderstanding’.   There was no misunderstanding.   

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I said at the time that the guarantee and wording of the original statement was madness and left us open to potentially having no ST revenue next season.

This week has been about communicating a course of action which should have been clearly articulated from day one.

I can understand why it’s unpopular, but Hearts just need to ride the storm on this one and make sure that Hearts match coverage is of genuine broadcast quality.

I’ll say it again - I don’t really have a problem with the wording. I accept that other people do but when I bought my ticket, I didn’t expect to actually be at games, especially because of the way the SPFL were tossing of the lower three leagues.

The bigger issue is surely multiple tickets in one household. This is pretty meagre compensation for that. I also think Hearts just going ‘well, this is how it is’ is a naive response given that the stock of the regime at Tynecastle is not very high. They seriously need some comms advice.

12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

"tickets being subject to availability ". 

It's almost as if Hearts are suggesting that you might be in the stadium! 

I seriously can't think of an alternative. 

3 minutes ago, H2 said:

While the communication has not been the best, it has been disappointing we need to look at the reality of the situation. The club needs the ST money to keep us in competition with other clubs. This is an extreme situation but failure for us to go along with the clubs needs will take us backwards.

This is the part that isn’t being properly taken onboard by many. Yes, it’s disappointing and yes it could have handled better. I’m just not seeing what the alternative was that wouldn’t financially cripple the team to some extent now, or in the future. 

The last few seasons I’ve been going halfers with a mate on a Platinum ticket. This season I went for a Premium ticket for myself. Then I moved it to be near a couple of mates in the same section. I was hoping I’d get to go to a few games, but it’s been looking increasingly unlikely as the weeks have passed. I have been been watching things unfold, and trying to predict what the effects would be. I suppose that’s helped me accept a disappointing reality, and for that reason it’s not come as this massive shock that it has to others.

I think there’s a few like me who have been monitoring the news and seeing what I have, and they are probably the guys that also aren’t losing their shit about this. It’s been quite clear to me that there was very little chance of me seeing any games from my seat in the stadium for a while now. The guarantee filled me more with dread than reassurance. I couldn’t see how we were going to keep ticking over if we were going to do ourselves out of that much income going forwards. Bit of a financial timebomb.

How on earth could we guarantee people were able to go to Tynecastle when we’ve no way of knowing when we will be back to something resembling normality? Do we just keep adding those credited games on on a rolling basis until we have zero income because nobody needs to buy a season ticket in the next three years? What do we use to pay the players? Do we just go amateur instead? It’s just not possible to balance the equation.

When the club announced the free access to Hearts TV I was delighted. That was my reaction. I scanned the news story on the website hoping I wasn’t going to be charged more on top of what I already pay for my season ticket and FoH subs. When I saw that that wasn’t the case, I was chuffed that I’d now get to see my team play, without having to spend any more cash. I can only assume that many of those who were enraged by the news, thought that we would be returning to large public gatherings again soon? That always seemed extremely unlikely to me. I think that played a part in the different reactions to the same solution.

16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, a bit of an odd sentence... does it refer to those NOT renewing for the following season?! ...I mean, if you renew, you would have your season ticket(s) anyway? That sentence doesn't make sense - to me at any rate.

It means if you don't renew next season , the 4 games won't be added to your ST card but replaced with actual match tickets.

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You did almost cry on that thread though. I think that rules you out of talking about tasting tears.

:rolleyes:

Nope, but don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.  You sound truly desperate and miles (and eight years) off topic. I was only replying to a poster dishing out childish insults at other Hearts fans who had a different point of view from his.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
35 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Think someone said “Baxfee has spoken, close thread” or something? He gets called an “Uber” and a “jammie wearer” too though, on other threads.

Ooft, no coming back from those brutal jibes. Cut to the bone.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:rolleyes:

Nope, but don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.  You sound truly desperate and miles (and eight years) off topic. I was only replying to a poster dishing out childish insults at other Hearts fans who had a different point of view from his.

It’s not even remotely a rant :lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, LMc said:

What happens if the season is mothballed? Where does the leave the guarantee? 🤔🤨

“As was stated clearly in the original guarantee, we will live stream repeats of the Waltons.”

31 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So not a whole lot of angry responses to someone calling us "moaning minnies", suggesting that we should stop being Hearts fans and go away and become Hibs fans. Hardly the first post in that vein on this thread. But you think it is only those who have noted their unhappiness with the actions of the club this week who aren't in control of their emotions?

True enough. Most of those reactions appear to be reserved for @ToqueJambo and @Bull's-eye who are getting called sad *******s and full kit wankers etc, all for having the temerity to be excited about getting to watch their team play again. I find it funny that folk only see the snide stuff when it’s set against their own opinion, and complain bitterly about it. Then when it goes in the other direction, it’s all fine and we’ll. Fully accept I am probably as guilty of this as anyone sometimes. :lol:

7 minutes ago, LMc said:

What happens if the season is mothballed? Where does that leave the guarantee? 🤔🤨

The force majeure clause kicks in. 😷

6 minutes ago, LMc said:

What happens if the season is mothballed? Where does that leave the guarantee? 🤔🤨

That is what the guarantee was intended to cover. It's why it says "regardless of the league or duration of the season". 

The fact closed door games were not mentioned was why I always interpreted it to mean BCD streamed games would count. Totally agree with most that it was too vague and there was plenty of time to clarify it.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ooft, no coming back from those brutal jibes. Cut to the bone.

From the guy who wanted me to put him on ignore for pointing out he’s “miserable”... sorry for cutting you to the bone. :( 

13 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I think there’s a few like me who have been monitoring the news and seeing what I have, and they are probably the guys that also aren’t losing their shit about this.

When the club announced the free access to Hearts TV I was delighted. That was my reaction. I scanned the news story on the website hoping I wasn’t going to be charged more on top of what I already pay for my season ticket and FoH subs. When I saw that that wasn’t the case, I was chuffed that I’d now get to see my team play, without having to spend any more cash. I can only assume that many of those who were enraged by the news, thought that we would be returning to large public gatherings again soon? That always seemed extremely unlikely to me. I think that played a part in the different reactions to the same solution.

I'm not sure whether you think all of us that have expressed our unhappiness are "losing their shit". I have spent every working day since the pandemic began considering the impact on sport, following the changing guidance, scientific evidence and media coverage. It's what I'm paid to do.

You are still asking questions of those of us that are unhappy that have been answered literally dozens of times so far.

I'm not surprised the club had to change their position. Nor am I surprised that we aren't going to be in stadiums soon. I was surprised that the club made such a poor commercial decision in offering the guarantee in the first place. I believe it is the club that is responsible for making that decision, not the fans for accepting it. So it is the clubs not the fans that should be criticised for the fact that the club are now having to break their guarantee.

Wht shocked me this week was not that the club have had to go back on their decision. It seems to have taken them far longer than me to work out the pledge was a bad idea. What has shocked me was how they have gone about it. They not only made the change unilaterally, but did so without acknowledging that they had made a change or apologising for the fans for doing so. Even in their follow-up the next day by which point it was clear many fans were unhappy, they choose to do this through the media rather than unhappy and still denied doing anything wrong. I've outlined several times already how they could have approached this week differently in terms of fan engagement which would have led them to at least the same as potentially better economic point, without the same loss of wider goodwill.

So no, yet again, nothing to do with stupid little fans not knowing what was going on in the world around them and expecting to be in the stadium at the start of the season.

Dennis Reynolds
11 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

That is what the guarantee was intended to cover. It's why it says "regardless of the league or duration of the season". 

The fact closed door games were not mentioned was why I always interpreted it to mean BCD streamed games would count. Totally agree with most that it was too vague and there was plenty of time to clarify it.

So, if the season is mothballed (obviously I hope it's not) and no games happen does that then mean these 18 games just roll over to season 21/22? Surely we're going to be in a bit of a financial sticky situation if there's no season ticket money coming in as everyone already has their 18 games? Even if there's no games this season, overheads still need paid.

Worst case scenario of course but just something I was thinking about earlier.

When the guarantee first came in I thought it was an absolute masterstroke from Hearts but now I'm a sceptical mess 🤣

Edited by LMc

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm not sure whether you think all of us that have expressed our unhappiness are "losing their shit". I have spent every working day since the pandemic began considering the impact on sport, following the changing guidance, scientific evidence and media coverage. It's what I'm paid to do.

You are still asking questions of those of us that are unhappy that have been answered literally dozens of times so far.

I'm not surprised the club had to change their position. Nor am I surprised that we aren't going to be in stadiums soon. I was surprised that the club made such a poor commercial decision in offering the guarantee in the first place. I believe it is the club that is responsible for making that decision, not the fans for accepting it. So it is the clubs not the fans that should be criticised for the fact that the club are now having to break their guarantee.

Wht shocked me this week was not that the club have had to go back on their decision. It seems to have taken them far longer than me to work out the pledge was a bad idea. What has shocked me was how they have gone about it. They not only made the change unilaterally, but did so without acknowledging that they had made a change or apologising for the fans for doing so. Even in their follow-up the next day by which point it was clear many fans were unhappy, they choose to do this through the media rather than unhappy and still denied doing anything wrong. I've outlined several times already how they could have approached this week differently in terms of fan engagement which would have led them to at least the same as potentially better economic point, without the same loss of wider goodwill.

So no, yet again, nothing to do with stupid little fans not knowing what was going on in the world around them and expecting to be in the stadium at the start of the season.

Ignoring all the indignant snide parts of your post and just cutting to the quick. You are upset (hope that choice of word is okay?) about the way the club communicated something that you had predicted anyway? Sound... personally I think that’s a bit over sensitive, but each their own.

13 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

True enough. Most of those reactions appear to be reserved for @ToqueJambo and @Bull's-eye who are getting called sad *******s and full kit wankers etc, all for having the temerity to be excited about getting to watch their team play again. I find it funny that folk only see the snide stuff when it’s set against their own opinion, and complain bitterly about it. Then when it goes in the other direction, it’s all fine and we’ll. Fully accept I am probably as guilty of this as anyone sometimes. :lol:

It was certainly the position you took in the post I responded to. Only seeing the snide stuff by those you disagree with.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

From the guy who wanted me to put him on ignore for pointing out he’s “miserable”... sorry for cutting you to the bone. :( 

I was just helping you out man. More than happy to carrying on fighting, makes no bones.

1 hour ago, Glottis said:

Happy to go down to Tynecastle with a screwdriver to get "my seat" so I can watch the games on it 👍

You’ll not  get far mate. The seats are bolted on. The very least you’ll need is a spanner or socket set 👍

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It was certainly the position you took in the post I responded to. Only seeing the snide stuff by those you disagree with.

No, I saw the snide stuff and attempted to just ignore it or not dwell on it to much, and concentrate on the actual point of your post, even though that point was just one or two sentences out of five paragraphs. :thumbsup:

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Ignoring all the indignant snide parts of your post and just cutting to the quick. You are upset (hope that choice of word is okay?) about the way the club communicated something that you had predicted anyway? Sound... personally I think that’s a bit over sensitive, but each their own.

Snidier than suggesting people were losing their shit or that they couldn't see what was going on in the world around them?

Yes. I'm critical of the club for first making a really poor commercial decision. I'm annoyed that they then happily broke a guarantee to me without even acknowledging that they were doing so or that this was their fault.

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Possibly because Hearts have caused some supporters to essentially gift them hundreds/thousands of pounds on a guarantee that they're not honouring. Folk are well within their right to be pissed off at the club and call out folk for telling them to "get on with it" and "would you rather the club went bust" chat. Easy to say when you've only bought 1 season ticket. Even easier to say when it's a bronze one.

Most would happily have bought their seat if they knew it was a stream only but wouldn't have bought 2, 3, 4 season tickets. 

Not sure why some on here think because they're not moaning makes them a better supporter of the club. Club have acted shamefully here to get money in the door. 

Edit. Not having a go at you here btw.

Edited by AndyNic

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I was just helping you out man. More than happy to carrying on fighting, makes no bones.

“fighting” :lol: 

Get yourself out for a nice walk and enjoy the weather mate. Bloody hell.

56 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

1. Create Storm

2. Ride Out Storm

What kind of way is that to treat a loyal fan base that has time and again stepped up to the plate to help the club?

I've never met the new CEO but I believe he's an ex-employee of the SFA. It's beginning to show.

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

No, I saw the snide stuff and attempted to just ignore it or not dwell on it to much, and concentrate on the actual point of your post, even though that point was just one or two sentences out of five paragraphs. :thumbsup:

No, the post that was in reference to was the one where you complained someone had been referred to as a "jammie wearer", claimed there would have been a different reaction if someone had made a derogatory remark about one of the unhappy posters, and then claimed that the trouble was that unlike those defending the club those who were unhappy had lost control of their emotions. It was a textbook example of someone only seeing or complaining about the snidey stuff that they disagreed with given it totally ignored the post a few further up by Beafax.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Possibly because Hearts have caused some supporters to essentially gift them hundreds/thousands of pounds on a guarantee that they're not honouring. Folk are well within their right to be pissed off at the club and call out folk for telling them to "get on with it" and "would you rather the club went bust" chat. Easy to say when you've only bought 1 season ticket. Even easier to say when it's a bronze one.

Most would happily have bought their seat if they knew it was a stream only but wouldn't have bought 2, 3, 4 season tickets. 

Not sure why some on here think because they're not moaning makes them a better supporter of the club. Club have acted shamefully there to get money in the door. 

A lot of sweeping generalisations there, Andy. I bought a Premium, not a Bronze. I did so as part of the fund-raising drive. I am not getting any benefit from doing so, and I’m not getting my money’s worth. I just accept that there was no way the club could do something that would suit everyone. I never believed that the guarantee could mean guaranteed physical attendance at Tynecastle. I don’t think I’m a better fan than you or anyone else. I’ve actually met you briefly and spoken to you a few times away from the forum when arranging to buy a top of you a couple of years ago. You seemed like a very decent bloke. I’m sure your as big a Hearts fan as anyone on this forum is. I just think that the “jammie wearer” and “full kit ” stuff aimed at anyone who takes a positive outlook is uncalled for.

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

A lot of sweeping generalisations there, Andy. I bought a Premium, not a Bronze. I did so as part of the fund-raising drive. I am not getting any benefit from doing so, and I’m not getting my money’s worth. I just accept that there was no way the club could do something that would suit everyone. I never believed that the guarantee could mean guaranteed physical attendance at Tynecastle. I don’t think I’m a better fan than you or anyone else. I’ve actually met you briefly and spoken to you a few times away from the forum when arranging to buy a top of you a couple of years ago. You seemed like a very decent bloke. I’m sure your as big a Hearts fan as anyone on this forum is. I just think that the “jammie wearer” and “full kit ” stuff aimed at anyone who takes a positive outlook is uncalled for.

The point is, Hearts themselves have said they did believe the guarantee meant physical attendance at Tynecastle, albeit based on advice at the time.  It was the only thing it could mean, since at the time we did not even have permission to screen live games in the UK. But in the next sentence they more or less tough shit.  We did not mean that, and fans misunderstood.  

It was a stupid guarantee to give.  At the time of giving guarantees, we should have been doing the opposite and saying we cannot guarantee anything, when it comes to access. 

Edited by Paolo

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Can't wait for next Saturday and I'll be sitting in full kit and scarf as you well know. 

Do you know why, because I am indeed an Uber fan, possibly Hearts greatest ever Uber fan. Something I'm very proud of tbh.

😀

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

No, the post that was in reference to was the one where you complained someone had been referred to as a "jammie wearer", claimed there would have been a different reaction if someone had made a derogatory remark about one of the unhappy posters, and then claimed that the trouble was that unlike those defending the club those who were unhappy had lost control of their emotions. It was a textbook example of someone only seeing or complaining about the snidey stuff that they disagreed with given it totally ignored the post a few further up by Beafax.

You must have missed the bit where I accepted I could probably be as guilty as anyone else of doing it. Baxfee’s comment did not attract as much criticism, you are correct. I have however spent most of the last hour fielding remarks about “ubers”, and “jammie wearers” or “better supporters” etc. This against a growing trend of folk attempting to completely dismiss the opinions of those who are not getting upset about the situation, by branding them in the way I’ve pointed out above.

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

You've misread that there mate. I meant further back on the thread folk who have bought a bronze only having a go saying let Hearts keep your money because they'd go bust and to just get on with it. I read your previous post which said you have a premium and that wasn't aimed at you. 

Think you're confusing me with someone else as I haven't sold any Hearts tops although we have spoken previously 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

The point is, Hearts themselves have said they did believe the guarantee meant physical attendance at Tynecastle, albeit based on advice at the time.  It was the only thing it could mean, since at the time we did not even have permission to screen live games in the UK. But in the next sentence they more or less tough shit.  We did not meant that, and fans misunderstood.  

Ive not read a single alternative suggestion that would not cause the club financial issues. It’s clear to me now that folk are far more upset about the way the club has communicated with them. That’s fair enough, maybe something they need to address going forward. It’s not something that overly bothers me personally.

Bazzas right boot
On 16/09/2020 at 14:45, hughesie27 said:

So...they are saying that. I never bought a season ticket to watch a stream online that will by all accounts be easily accessible to 1000s of people for free through IPTV. I paid to attend games at Tynie, which is what they advertised.

Ask for a refund and dry your eyes then. 

Problem solved. 

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You've misread that there mate. I meant further back on the thread folk who have bought a bronze only having a go saying let Hearts keep your money because they'd go bust and to just get on with it. I read your previous post which said you have a premium and that wasn't aimed at you. 

Think you're confusing me with someone else as I haven't sold any Hearts tops although we have spoken previously 👍🏼

Was it a ticket then or something? I met you outside the old Gorgie Road entrance with your kid. I thought it was to buy one of the replica 70s tops from you. Can’t remember exactly, but spoke to you a few times beforehand to sort it out. Anyway, it matters not. I was only mentioning it because I thought you were saying I thought I was a better fan tha you. You cleared that up and it’s clearly my mistake.

8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Can't wait for next Saturday and I'll be sitting in full kit and scarf as you well know. 

Do you know why, because I am indeed an Uber fan, possibly Hearts greatest ever Uber fan. Something I'm very proud of tbh.

😀

True. The Roseberry one, I presume?

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

😀

Me too. 

I might try and be a full kit tanker, sitting with the blue Lucozade stuff in one hand and a match ball in the other. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

If the club will struggle financially if fans ask for refunds, an idea would be for ann Budge to put some of her vast fortune into the club as it's her poor management of the club over the past 4 years that's got us into this predicament. Why should the fans be losing out and paying for her mistakes? 

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

You must have missed the bit where I accepted I could probably be as guilty as anyone else of doing it. Baxfee’s comment did not attract as much criticism, you are correct. I have however spent most of the last hour fielding remarks about “ubers”, and “jammie wearers” or “better supporters” etc. This against a growing trend of folk attempting to completely dismiss the opinions of those who are not getting upset about the situation, by branding them in the way I’ve pointed out above.

I saw that bit. That was part of why I found it amusing. 

I agree that calling people 'ubers' and 'jammie wearers' is both uncalled for and unhelpful. On other threads previously (less recently) I've defended the club and been accused of those things too. One of the things that makes this board pretty unreadable at times for me is people playing the poster not the post. I'm probably guilty of taking this thread off track here so I'll apologise if I was snide and step off until something new happens external to jkb. I emailed the club with my views so will be interested in their response.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

I saw that bit. That was part of why I found it amusing. 

I agree that calling people 'ubers' and 'jammie wearers' is both uncalled for and unhelpful. On other threads previously (less recently) I've defended the club and been accused of those things too. One of the things that makes this board pretty unreadable at times for me is people playing the poster not the post. I'm probably guilty of taking this thread off track here so I'll apologise if I was snide and step off until something new happens external to jkb. I emailed the club with my views so will be interested in their response.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

If the club will struggle financially if fans ask for refunds, an idea would be for ann Budge to put some of her vast fortune into the club as it's her poor management of the club over the past 4 years that's got us into this predicament. Why should the fans be losing out and paying for her mistakes? 

It’s Budge’s fault that we’re not allowed in stadiums?  

11 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Ive not read a single alternative suggestion that would not cause the club financial issues. It’s clear to me now that folk are far more upset about the way the club has communicated with them. That’s fair enough, maybe something they need to address going forward. It’s not something that overly bothers me personally.

The only suggestion I can think of is to not pretend they meant something they didn’t.

Apologise, admit the guarantee cannot be met, and should not have been made.  Maybe also acknowledge that some households are paying more than others, especially multiple season ticket holder households.   Show them some empathy, rather than saying “Tough Shit”.