All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

31 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

A lot of sweeping generalisations there, Andy. I bought a Premium, not a Bronze. I did so as part of the fund-raising drive. I am not getting any benefit from doing so, and I’m not getting my money’s worth. I just accept that there was no way the club could do something that would suit everyone. I never believed that the guarantee could mean guaranteed physical attendance at Tynecastle. I don’t think I’m a better fan than you or anyone else. I’ve actually met you briefly and spoken to you a few times away from the forum when arranging to buy a top of you a couple of years ago. You seemed like a very decent bloke. I’m sure your as big a Hearts fan as anyone on this forum is. I just think that the “jammie wearer” and “full kit ” stuff aimed at anyone who takes a positive outlook is uncalled for.

Would you not have been better donating the money you spent on a season ticket to FoH ? I may be wrong but that way the club would still have got the money but wouldn't have had to pay tax/vat on it ?

Edited by Paul Shark

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Just now, Paul Shark said:

Would you not have been better donating the money you spent on a season ticket to FoH ? I may be wrong but that way the club would still have got the money but wouldn't have had to pay tax/vat on it ?

He wouldn’t get a stream though nor his seat if/when we do get back to stadiums. 

4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

The only suggestion I can think of is to not pretend they meant something they didn’t.

Apologise, admit the guarantee cannot be met, and should not have been made.  Maybe also acknowledge that some households are paying more than others, especially multiple season ticket holder households.   Show them some empathy, rather than saying “Tough Shit”.    

I’m probably missing a reason why it wouldn’t work, but could they maybe have offered (alongside free Hearts TV access), the 18 games spread over three seasons, as vouchers to be redeemed against games on an availability of seats basis? No more than six to be used in the same season. That way some folk could decide just to limit themselves to those games and buy individual tickets for the other games they want to go to, whilst others like myself could use them to give to mates and colleagues to see if they become new or returned supporters?

Just now, davemclaren said:

He wouldn’t get a stream though nor his seat if/when we do get back to stadiums. 

Deduct the cost of 14 x streams and donate the difference to FoH still more money going to the club ?

4 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

At risk of being branded an Uber or a Jammie Wearer by answering your question, but... Possibly, but I wanted to get a season ticket just in case, and to make sure I get loyalty points and keep it reserved for when things do return to normal. I upped my FoH subs too, and made a one off donation.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

God no, you can't offset the delightful Pink with Red. Tut tut tut.

God, aye... how totally unstylish of me! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

At risk of being branded an Uber or a Jammie Wearer by answering your question, but... Possibly, but I wanted to get a season ticket just in case, and to make sure I get loyalty points and keep it reserved for when things do return to normal. I upped my FoH subs too, and made a one off donation.

Surely a PHM of your standing would be in the upper echelons of the loyalty point braket and could afford to burn a few for the betterment of the Club ?

1 hour ago, LMc said:

What happens if the season is mothballed? Where does that leave the guarantee? 🤔🤨

Let’s worry about that when it happens. The whole thing is a cluster**** and in my opinion the only fair thing now would be that season ticket holders only get ACCESS to the stream. Those that have multiple season tickets in one household should get discounts on future tickets. 

Just now, Beast Boy said:

God, aye... how totally unstylish of me! 🤣

That's something that has indeed been aimed at you in the past, privately of course 😜

16 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I’m probably missing a reason why it wouldn’t work, but could they maybe have offered (alongside free Hearts TV access), the 18 games spread over three seasons, as vouchers to be redeemed against games on an availability of seats basis? No more than six to be used in the same season. That way some folk could decide just to limit themselves to those games and buy individual tickets for the other games they want to go to, whilst others like myself could use them to give to mates and colleagues to see if they become new or returned supporters?

That would be an interesting alternative, and probably more likely to be affordable.   It would appease me anyway.   Or perhaps free tickets to the same value, to give to friends and family, when we are fullyopen again.  

Alternatively, carry the guarantee over to next season, if you hate happy to pay per view or pay a subscription for Hearts TV, as a non season ticket holder would.  

Both would suffice, but as per my last post, some sort of acknowledgement may suffice too.  I would not normally be happy to write off hundreds of pounds, but I am here, as it is Hearts.  An acknowledgment of this would be appreciated, though.  

Edited by Paolo

47 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

A lot of sweeping generalisations there, Andy. I bought a Premium, not a Bronze. I did so as part of the fund-raising drive. I am not getting any benefit from doing so, and I’m not getting my money’s worth. I just accept that there was no way the club could do something that would suit everyone. I never believed that the guarantee could mean guaranteed physical attendance at Tynecastle. I don’t think I’m a better fan than you or anyone else. I’ve actually met you briefly and spoken to you a few times away from the forum when arranging to buy a top of you a couple of years ago. You seemed like a very decent bloke. I’m sure your as big a Hearts fan as anyone on this forum is. I just think that the “jammie wearer” and “full kit ” stuff aimed at anyone who takes a positive outlook is uncalled for.

Lets be honest here.  This thread has degenerated into name calling and personal attacks on both sides and is heading for a lock.

9 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Surely a PHM of your standing would be in the upper echelons of the loyalty point braket and could afford to burn a few for the betterment of the Club ?

Ah... oh well, there you have it then. Shame it’s had to go that way. Never mind, Paul. You crack on. :lol:

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

You're at it. 

No im definetely not at it .Its how I feel about it.Its a fans forum .In future i will ask your permission to post in case you dont agree.

2 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

No im definetely not at it .Its how I feel about it.Its a fans forum .In future i will ask your permission to post in case you dont agree.

Ask away.

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Ah... oh well, there you have it then. Shame it’s had to go that way. Never mind, Paul. You crack on. :lol:

To be fair you seem to have all your ducks in a row Beast old boy, so I'll leave you to it👍

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lets be honest here.  This thread has degenerated into name calling and personal attacks on both sides and is heading for a lock.

The real problem Frank is Hearts have been behaving like an unfaithful partner who we love so much for the last couple of years and we’re all confused and angry.

:lol:  

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The real problem Frank is Hearts have been behaving like an unfaithful partner who we love so much for the last couple of years and we’re all confused and angry.

:lol:  

Unfortunately even our “playing away” record is abysmal.

3 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Id rather not thanks Iain.Feelings are running high and I dont fancy a ban so early in my posting days.

You posted that without my permission. 😁😁

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

1. Create Storm

2. Ride Out Storm

What kind of way is that to treat a loyal fan base that has time and again stepped up to the plate to help the club?

I've never met the new CEO but I believe he's an ex-employee of the SFA. It's beginning to show.

Andrew McKinlay didn't create the storm, but is responsible for averting the financial horror the club would suffer as a result of a dreadfully worded initial statement.

32 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

They certainly could have been more creative with the solution, like offering free league cup ties for future seasons or something. 

23 minutes ago, Paolo said:

That would be an interesting alternative, and probably more likely to be affordable.   It would appease me anyway.   Or perhaps free tickets to the same value, to give to friends and family, when we are fullyopen again.  

Alternatively, carry the guarantee over to next season, if you hate happy to pay per view or pay a subscription for Hearts TV, as a non season ticket holder would.  

Both would suffice, but as per my last post, some sort of acknowledgement may suffice too.  I would not normally be happy to write off hundreds of pounds, but I am here, as it is Hearts.  An acknowledgment of this would be appreciated, though.  

In my proposal, that’s what I’d be doing with ones that I was offered anyway. I’d buy a season ticket for the seasons that I had six ‘free’ tickets for, and use the ‘free’ ones to try and get others to come.

Some people would instead choose not to buy a season ticket, and just use the six ‘free’ ones, or use the six ‘free’ ones AND buy individual match tickets the other games they fancied going to in those seasons. Individual game tickets bring in steady income to the club anyway.

The club have handled this really poorly.  Almost as bad as forgetting to order seats and then blaming it on the weather. 

The pandemic means the club can just treat its fans even more like shit and still folk will defend them. 

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

It’s Budge’s fault that we’re not allowed in stadiums?  

It's Budge's fault that we're in the championship with a reduced number of games, reduced prize money, reduced tv income and no doubt reduced sponsorship, plus stuck paying premiership wages to some bang average players that we can't get rid of. 

16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Andrew McKinlay didn't create the storm, but is responsible for averting the financial horror the club would suffer as a result of a dreadfully worded initial statement.

He's also responsible for treating the fan base like complete idiots.

11 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

They certainly could have been more creative with the solution, like offering free league cup ties for future seasons or something. 

Yeah, I considered that too, but I think that would result in too big a loss on seasonal revenue and affect what we had to spend on the team. Could be wrong right enough, but I think my idea would mean a small loss created by those who choose to not buy a season ticket and just use the six pre-paid tickets for three seasons, but I suspect most would either use them to bring friends as well as still buying their season ticket, or use them and buy individual match tickets for more games. I think that way attendances wouldn’t drop and income wouldn’t be as adversely affected. Might even end up with more supporters who start buying a season ticket.

5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The club have handled this really poorly.  Almost as bad as forgetting to order seats and then blaming it on the weather. 

The pandemic means the club can just treat its fans even more like shit and still folk will defend them. 

As much as I have criticised, many companies have used the pandemic as an excuse for shit service.    It just frustrates more when it is Hearts, especially given the support we have given over the years.   We no doubt will tolerate it more though, and grumping is the most,  most fans will do.  

8 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Almost as bad as forgetting to order seats

How are you still holding on to ire over that? Seriously, I understand how the current situation might annoy you, but surely that’s something you need to let go. ****ing hell.

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

How are you still holding on to ire over that? Seriously, I understand how the current situation might annoy you, but surely that’s something you need to let go. ****ing hell.

Im not holding onto it.  I don’t care about the fact they forgot to order them, I’m still holding onto the part where the club lied to the fans about the reason for the delay.  

It’s one of many examples of how the current ownership have treated the ‘genuine’ fans with contempt.  Much like how we have been lied to again about the guarantee with season tickets, all I want is some honesty and for someone at the club to have the balls to face up to the fans and be real.  

Bunch of shitebags running our club. 

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He's also responsible for treating the fan base like complete idiots.

That's a bit harsh, all that we are now proposing is the same solution as Aberdeen, Hibs and the Old Firm.

12 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Im not holding onto it.  I don’t care about the fact they forgot to order them, I’m still holding onto the part where the club lied to the fans about the reason for the delay.  

It’s one of many examples of how the current ownership have treated the ‘genuine’ fans with contempt.  Much like how we have been lied to again about the guarantee with season tickets, all I want is some honesty and for someone at the club to have the balls to face up to the fans and be real.  

Bunch of shitebags running our club. 

The lie for me also annoyed more than the actual cock up.   A bit like here, where the denials of what the guarantee was annoys me more than the actual cock up of making the actual guarantee.  

Edited by Paolo

5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

That's a bit harsh, all that we are now proposing is the same solution as Aberdeen, Hibs and the Old Firm.

That may well be true ( I don't keep abreast of what other clubs are doing) but Hibs, for example, were up front about the streaming element. It literally couldn't have been clearer.

Hearts never mentioned it once. They've moved the goalposts here and playing the support for fools.

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

The lie for me, also annoyed more, than the actual cock up.   A bit like here, where the denials of what the guarantee was annoys me more, than the actual cock up of making the actual guarantee.  

I'm putting that down to poor literacy levels.

Just now, iainmac said:

That may well be true ( I don't keep abreast of what other clubs are doing) but Hibs, for example, were up front about the streaming element. It literally couldn't have been clearer.

Hearts never mentioned it once. They've moved the goalposts here and playing the support for fools.

I don’tt get why folk don’t seem to grasp this.  We may all be offering the same thing, but we didn’t all guarantee the same thing. 

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

IMO anyone who bought a ST should have been aware that crowds returning to the stadium to watch football this season was not a given. When I saw that 115k plus supporters had purchased a  ticket I thought, well done, buying tickets when no one could say exactly when supporters would be allow back in.
There was not one person in authority who ever stated a date of crowds being allowed back in when ST went on sale. In fact people like Prof Leitch were reluctant to put a date on it. During his weekly appearances on Off the Ball it took along time for him to even say when games would start behind closed doors and all the while people were buying STs. 

Add in the uncertainty of decisions made by the despicable SFA/SFA who are a law unto themselves.  These crooks could pull the plug on the Champion at anytime citing some made up rule that games will be cancelled because of misdeeds by cretins in the SPL.
Therefore anyone buying a ST was taking a chance of not being able to watch a game in the Stadium never mind watching one on Hearts TV. 

Your correct BD, and that was something I took into consideration when renewing my ST way back. I was aware that the maximum number of home games we would get to see would be 14, but the ST was based on 18. But I was also aware that chances were that social distancing would probably stay in place for a lengthy period, and that given the number of ST's sold there would then have to be some sort of rota put in place to ensure that across those 14 games, and with around 12,000 ST's sold chances would be we would only each get into a handful of matches. So I decided to go ahead with the purchase of the ST in the knowledge I wouldn't get to an awful lot of games, even less this season given we aren't taking a bus to any away games for the coming season, so it looks like physically attending between now and August 2021 will be limited to a handful of matches, depending on what the final decision is on social distancing withing football stadia after all the test matches and the impact of any spike in this virus over the course of the Winter months.

I also have a subscription to Hearts TV, still can't remember why I did that as I was going to games every week, and probably only looked at it for about 5/10 minutes once a month, so I'm paying the club through that, but don't know if they will continue to take the monthly subscription for that, or if it will be waived for the coming season and only non ST holders will have to initially pay a subscription and then work on a PPV basis.

It's not that I'm not going to get to all the games this season which is the issue here, I understand the situation and proceeded while aware of that, but it was the manner of the recent communication that was highly questionable. The one thing the club cannot and shouldn't do is take their support base for granted. If the club had stated what they intended doing and then spoke to supporters groups/individual fans they may have had a better understanding of thoughts of the fans.  Not all earn equal amounts of income, not all have the same life commitments, and for some the expenditure for a specific reason (ST's for more than 1 family member) wasn't/isn't being met and their opinions needed to be made and heard.

No business, whether that be HMFC or a corner shop for example, should take its customer base for granted. And with the correct communication on this issue HMFC may well have discovered that in the vast majority of cases they ended up getting support for what is planned. But to do things without considering the fans just doesn't sit well.

Edited by portobellojambo1

9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm putting that down to poor literacy levels.

Oh... do you mean you are just disregarding the reasons given by those who are not venting their spleen about it, and are instead assuming it’s down to them being poorly educated? 

55 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It's Budge's fault that we're in the championship with a reduced number of games, reduced prize money, reduced tv income and no doubt reduced sponsorship, plus stuck paying premiership wages to some bang average players that we can't get rid of. 

Don’t disagree, but that wasn’t what I asked.  Even if we were in the Premiership, we would still have to sell STs to cover our overheads, despite supporters not being allowed in stadiums.  

28 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Your correct BD, and that was something I took into consideration when renewing my ST way back. I was aware that the maximum number of home games we would get to see would be 14, but the ST was based on 18. But I was also aware that chances were that social distancing would probably stay in place for a lengthy period, and that given the number of ST's sold there would then have to be some sort of rota put in place to ensure that across those 14 games, and with around 12,000 ST's sold chances would be we would only each get into a handful of matches. So I decided to go ahead with the purchase of the ST in the knowledge I wouldn't get to an awful lot of games, even less this season given we aren't taking a bus to any away games for the coming season, so it looks like physically attending between now and August 2021 will be limited to a handful of matches, depending on what the final decision is on social distancing withing football stadia after all the test matches and the impact of any spike in this virus over the course of the Winter months.

I also have a subscription to Hearts TV, still can't remember why I did that as I was going to games every week, and probably only looked at it for about 5/10 minutes once a month, so I'm paying the club through that, but don't know if they will continue to take the monthly subscription for that, or if it will be waived for the coming season and only non ST holders will have to initially pay a subscription and then work on a PPV basis.

It's not that I'm not going to get to all the games this season which is the issue here, I understand the situation and proceeded while aware of that, but it was the manner of the recent communication that was highly questionable. The one thing the club cannot and shouldn't do is take their support base for granted. If the club had stated what they intended doing and then spoke to supporters groups/individual fans they may have had a better understanding of thoughts of the fans.  Not all earn equal amounts of income, not all have the same life commitments, and for some the expenditure for a specific reason (ST's for more than 1 family member) wasn't/isn't being met and their opinions needed to be made and heard.

No business, whether that be HMFC or a corner shop for example, should take its customer base for granted. And with the correct communication on this issue HMFC may well have discovered that in the vast majority of cases they ended up getting support for what is planned. But to do things without considering the fans just doesn't sit well.

Good post. If handled correctly, this could have been viewed as a positive.  It wasn’t.   As a result, it is viewed as a negative.   

Guys thus could go round in circles forever .Everyone deserves a platform for their own opinions and shouldn't be shot down no matter if we agree or not please dont let it separate us more than it already has.

The one thing that's starting to become clear is that although the club couldn't have thought things would turn out like this a far better thought out statement should have been made at the same time as the announcement regards streaming and maybe feelings wouldn't be running so high.

Let's put the differences aside and get on with what we have all done so well at And thats supporting the club in time if need .

Let's look forward to the season hopefully starting soon and eventually getting back and seeing each other again at our much loved Tynecastle

Austin MacGlee
On 18/09/2020 at 10:17, Pasquale for King said:

The complaint is that’s off next seasons ST, which may well go up by 10-20% to cover that, so even for a cheap ST like my own I’m paying £23 a match/stream to watch games in a tinpot league. If you bought 4 STs for a household you could be paying over £100 for the privilege of streaming games into your home. 

Yeah I get that mate, I totally understand why fans are angry, especially when it comes to multi ST households. The comms wording is/was very ambiguous and I'm not surprised in the slightest that there's been this sort of reaction. In all honesty I'm fed up of Ann Budge. Her reign has had some really positive aspects but even those are slightly tainted. Prime example is the main stand which still isn't finished and has cost an absolute arm and a leg in the process. It just feels like a constant cycle of overpromising and underdelivering with her and the ST thing feels similar. I'm not stupid, I get the covid aspect and all that but it was naive at best and downright stupid at worst to make "guarantees" when putting the STs on sale.

51 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

This is spot on. This is one business that takes its customers as idiots. 

When many of us bought our season tickets early on we couldn't predict what would happen, thought October might be reasonable but that it might be new year and were given confidence to pay Premier League prices for Championship football with a shrug of the shoulders on the back of a guarantee.  Fool us; that is now being put to one side. I am not really interested in streaming. I've had a season ticket for over 50 years. I don't go to the football just for the football - for Pete's sake we are Hearts supporters. It is to meet friends and family that we don't otherwise get the chance to see, soak up the atmosphere and and enjoy the occasion. The result ultimately is not important; when I get home my wife can never tell by my demeanour if we have won or lost. Hearts through the purchase of shares, FOH contributions, gifts to Romanov's back pocket, club shop purchases and so it goes on have had plenty of my cash over the years. Once again, and I'm starting to sound like an old record, but in this case Hearts are showing absolutely no consideration to its supporters and I feel that I'm being taken for granted. Once bitten, twice shy as they say unless the club sorts this out.  I've not paid £32 a match to sit in front of a computer.   

It's asking me for a subscription - anyone else having bother getting today's game?

Doh - just noticed the game is next week - what a dafty!

Edited by Groatallar
new info

King Of The Cat Cafe

If we do not get out of the Championship this season - and I fear we will not - then it will be hard selling Season Tickets for 21/22.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

You're either hard of thinking or trolling. 

The club sold the tickets on a "guarantee" that we would get 18 games in our seats, whether that was over two seasons or not. 

Its not up to the fans to figure out if that is feasible is it? Hearts offered something that everyone could see was going to be difficult to deliver, now they are getting stick for taking the money with no way to deliver what they "guaranteed". 

They've created this mess. 

I reserve the right to express my amazement that anyone could look around at what's happening in Scotland and the world and expect anything. It's been pointed out before but when tickets were announced we didn't even know what league we'd be in. There was even chat we could be punished and thrown out completely.

I've asked this several times and have got no reply. Let's say no crowds happen this season but games are played behind closed doors. Do ST holders expect to get those streamed games for "free" as part of their ST and then get all 18 games next season, so two Sts for one? The problem for Hearts is they have to work on the hope of crowds coming back at any time, even reduced crowds. If they don't sell Sts this season and only sell online ones, what then? Who gets to go to a game? A ST guarantees your seat when full crowds are back. Most people in my experience buy a ST partly to save money but mostly to guarantee they can watch Hearts in the big games especially. With Hearts being in the championship, this is even more important as few of our games would be televised.

Buying a ST is a leap of faith any season but especially this one. Kudos to everyone who did. If they want a refund I'm sure they can get one if they feel they were deliberately misled.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Yeah I get that mate, I totally understand why fans are angry, especially when it comes to multi ST households. The comms wording is/was very ambiguous and I'm not surprised in the slightest that there's been this sort of reaction. In all honesty I'm fed up of Ann Budge. Her reign has had some really positive aspects but even those are slightly tainted. Prime example is the main stand which still isn't finished and has cost an absolute arm and a leg in the process. It just feels like a constant cycle of overpromising and underdelivering with her and the ST thing feels similar. I'm not stupid, I get the covid aspect and all that but it was naive at best and downright stupid at worst to make "guarantees" when putting the STs on sale.

Spot on. 
Just got my haircut off a Hibby ST holder, didn’t know when I went in, but h was saying they’ve had issues too as it only ST holders and those that subscribe to Hibs tv that get it, and that most of their games have been on tv anyway. There’s no easy solution but the guarantee was pointless, it was offered to generate ST sales but if she knew the feelings of fans they would’ve realised it was before Levein left, sales have nearly doubled after that. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Groatallar said:

It's asking me for a subscription - anyone else having bother getting today's game?

Doh - just noticed the game is next week - what a dafty!

I thought the Partick game was today too hahahahaha 🙈

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I thought the Partick game was today too hahahahaha 🙈

Thought it was just me. I’m gonna watch Bill & Ted instead