All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I don’t think so either. At a time when people want to Chuck money at the club they would have spent on away games etc I think majority will be willing to write this season off. 

At the time I bought mine I doubted the season would start at all. It was very much to support the club against the spfl. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

In the response to the EEN on this issue a couple of days ago the club spokesperson said "When we launched the Season Ticket Guarantee back in May we very much had hoped, based on the guidance at that time, that supporters would be back in the stadium at the start of the season".

So it seems they did think we might get to a full complement of games this season. It was a stupid guarantee to make given the uncertainty, but again it was the club not the fans that made it. They must have expected us to go to close to 18 home games this season, because as you said earlier, otherwise honouring the pledge would be potentially financially ruinous.

I don't think the club aimed to mislead people when they gave the guarantee either. I think they genuinely thought they would be able to honour it. Fans understandably took them at their word. It was after all according to the club (again not the fans) a 'simple' and 'absolutely clear' guarantee. The fans maybe didn't think about how the finances of the 'guarantee' would stack up. Why should they need to? Surely the club management would have done so as they are the ones running the club.

Unilaterally changing the nature of the guarantee this week means they have now misled people, whether deliberately or down to some total incompetence in failing to understand what they were doing. Communicating this in a way that failed to even acknowledge this change compounded the issue.

I get that the decision to convert physical attendances to streams is unpopular, but the issue will blow over in a few weeks and disappear completely if we beat Hibs in the Cup.

Not taking this decision would have devastated ticket revenue for the season and potentially forced us into a firesale of existing players and potentially admin.  We’d have been sending a shadow Hearts side to Hampden and facing a scenario whereby either we failed to win the Championship or even faced the horror of dropping to League 1 if forced down the admin route.  

You can bet your life the anger amongst our support would be far more palpable if we went down that route... and it would be an anger that would take years to dissipate and for us to recover from.

This season as the pandemic endures, we find ourselves in exceptional circumstances. The decision the club have taken is certainly a highly unpopular oner, but it is 100% the correct one, which seems like strong leadership from our new CEO to me.

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Which is where I am at . All this pish about not being behind the club , not being good supporters is at best a disappointing claim to make , if we aren’t “ proper Hearts” fans would we have bought ST’s either In the past or present ? 

Maybe next season the club could offer the multiple ST households a big discount on ST’s ?

( or charge the single ST households who are telling us to suck it up , a charge of say an extra £300* plus on  their ST’s to help cover discounts  🤷🏻‍♂️) ?????😉

I wouldn’t ask for a refund personally ,but I can see why some would or are going to ask , Hearts have not exactly covered themselves in glory at this decision . 

* first figure that came into my head , could be more 

And how do we pay the players after we hand out these generous discounts?

How enjoyable will everyone’s discount feel watching a season where we compete in the SPL with a Kilmarnock like budget?

25 minutes ago, kila said:

I think we need to have a competition to find #1 jammy wearer. There’s just so many to choose from now. Maybe the winner gets their ST ripped in front of them by Budge and they can laugh about it and buy another while praising the club?

Pretty poor way to talk about your fellow supporters, just because they are not as upset as you. If someone had posted a similar comment about “pant wetters”, there would have been a lot of angry responses. Maybe the folk who aren’t screaming about this are disappointed too, but a bit more in control of their emotions and able to apply perspective to how this has come about? “Jammie wearers”... tragic chat.

Edited by Beast Boy

How did the folk manage to afford the season ticket before the Streaming statements were made but now want their money back because they arent getting in to watch a game because its to much.

I dont blame Hearts for any of this.Nobody knew at the time how it would all work out.

I would say though that households with more than one season ticket should have a chance of some kind of refund or free cup game

vouchers for next season if they decide.Im still not certain there will be games even then.

20 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Can’t believe the moaning minnies on here. Man up and be hearts fans or go and join the trash down fester road way. Buying a ST was to ensure the jambos survival and allowed us to move forward from the hell hole the powers that be had put us in. No-one had a crystal ball so we’ve had to adapt to the world - that includes STs and no crowds. Get a grip. Only hearts 

13 minutes ago, maroon said:

No one has any right to say when you can or can’t be angry. Especially with money involved, as a family we’ve spent near £800 for an adult, student u18 and u16 ticket all to watch it on a crap stream on the phone or laptop. We could’ve saved about £600 if we got hearts tv. So you can absolutely 100% guarantee I, like many others am raging about it 

There is only one of the above posters that has connected their brain; it's not the first. Only Hearts; supporters take the medicine. This is hardly consistent with Budge's claims of honesty, fairness and integrity being at the core of her approach to business. It is she, not the duped season ticket holders, who needs to get a grip.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I get that the decision to convert physical attendances to streams is unpopular, but the issue will blow over in a few weeks and disappear completely if we beat Hibs in the Cup.

Not taking this decision would have devastated ticket revenue for the season and potentially forced us into a firesale of existing players and potentially admin.  We’d have been sending a shadow Hearts side to Hampden and facing a scenario whereby either we failed to win the Championship or even faced the horror of dropping to League 1 if forced down the admin route.  

You can bet your life the anger amongst our support would be far more palpable if we went down that route... and it would be an anger that would take years to dissipate and for us to recover from.

This season as the pandemic endures, we find ourselves in exceptional circumstances. The decision the club have taken is certainly a highly unpopular oner, but it is 100% the correct one, which seems like strong leadership from our new CEO to me.

Everyone understands the ramifications regarding season ticket sales. All the club had to do was just be transparent and honest. The ambiguity around the wording is ridiculous as is the effort to defend that. We’ve kept this club going and would do again so all these snide remarks about Hearts fans complaining is awful. We all desperately need the football to begin. 

Franksluckypants
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Perhaps. Its not trusting us to back it up rather than being sleekit though? They need to be more honest.

I've donated a lot more than £800 to Hearts as probably most fans have, but £800 for an online stream for the season when told, with a 'guarantee' otherwise...

Strong leadership by the CEO, or splitting the Hearts support?

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with what you say, in that continually talking about it isn't going to change what has happened, but I think the comments that have been made, not necessarily just on here/online, but direct to the club, may make them think going forward about how they communicate things to the very life blood of the club, the fans.

I guess most agree that we purchased a ST to watch the games inside the stadium, in good faith. When I purchased mine I was aware that chances were that social distancing in place at the time they went on sale would mean that over the course of the full season, with restricted crowds, I might only be lucky enough to get to maybe 4/5 games at home, if social distancing rules were maintained for that full period. I looked at things along the lines of, we are down one division the club need some money, I don't mind helping them out, so I'll give the club the money they need it. If I'm honest I'm now starting to think it is possible we might not get back into Tynecastle as a collective unit at all in the coming season, and while it fits in with my original thinking it was more just the almost arrogant manner in which the club have said what they have said that disappointed me. I didn't expect them to come out and say we are going to be showing all home games at Tynecastle on Hearts TV and then give us back the full amount from our ST's. Again I think most HMFC fans would have told the club just to keep the ST money, but it was just the sort of couldn't care less manner in which they transmitted this message that has pissed people off to a certain extent.

Aye very fair summary and I guess the level of pissed offness will tally with how much thought someone has actually put into getting along to a game and what that involved for your season ticket. 

Hopefully the club will put something out to try to appease the situation however with multi ticket households and different price point tickets I wouldn’t like to try and sort that out. Refund option seems the only way which would be a shame imo. 

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

How enjoyable will everyone’s discount feel watching a season where we compete in the SPL with a Kilmarnock like budget?

Okay take away the discount BUT add extra onto the single household ST ‘s  to level it up . 

Edited by 3fingersreid

I dont believe weve been duped.Theres no way anyone at hearts knew this would happen.Maybe a sympathetic statement could have been released at the same time as the not so well worded streaming statement but I cant see what else Hearts could have done. 

time isnt standing still,the club still has bills and staff to pay.

Its an unforseen and hopefully once in a lifetime thing thats happened.If the club dish out refunds to everyone we are done.Its not long since we were all laughing at the high looking numbers of Hibs fans looking for refunds.

to me there isnt a choice.If we want the club to survive support it because we will really struggle if we dont.

been here before
16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

After the last few seasons of uttter dug shite being served up Id happily take 'competing in the SPL with a Kilmarnock like budget' if it meant getting Kilmarnock like results as opposed to having a 'Hearts like budget' and being where we are now.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, been here before said:

After the last few seasons of uttter dug shite being served up Id happily take 'competing in the SPL with a Kilmarnock like budget' if it meant getting Kilmarnock like results as opposed to having a 'Hearts like budget' and being where we are now.

This

38 minutes ago, kila said:

I think we need to have a competition to find #1 jammy wearer. There’s just so many to choose from now. Maybe the winner gets their ST ripped in front of them by Budge and they can laugh about it and buy another while praising the club?

Did did the club explicitly guarantee that our Chairwoman wouldn't rip up your season ticket and force you to buy a new one? No? Well in that case I suggest you stop complaining and let her get on with it and pony up. 

It's a pandemic don't you know. 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Spot on.  As usual though it is up to the fans to foot the bill for the folk running the clubs sheer incompetence. 

41 minutes ago, kila said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bqped3hayo3wt565pp3

2 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

I dont believe weve been duped.Theres no way anyone at hearts knew this would happen.Maybe a sympathetic statement could have been released at the same time as the not so well worded streaming statement but I cant see what else Hearts could have done. 

time isnt standing still,the club still has bills and staff to pay.

Its an unforseen and hopefully once in a lifetime thing thats happened.If the club dish out refunds to everyone we are done.Its not long since we were all laughing at the high looking numbers of Hibs fans looking for refunds.

to me there isnt a choice.If we want the club to survive support it because we will really struggle if we dont.

Nobody is talking about “refunds to everyone”. Time to tone down the hysteria. As for the highlighted part, maybe you haven’t noticed what Hearts fans have done to help the club survive in recent seasons.

We’ve spent the last few months lambasting the football authorities for their total lack of integrity. The least we should expect from our own club is honesty, openness, clarity and integrity. None on show so far in this episode.

IMO anyone who bought a ST should have been aware that crowds returning to the stadium to watch football this season was not a given. When I saw that 115k plus supporters had purchased a  ticket I thought, well done, buying tickets when no one could say exactly when supporters would be allow back in.
There was not one person in authority who ever stated a date of crowds being allowed back in when ST went on sale. In fact people like Prof Leitch were reluctant to put a date on it. During his weekly appearances on Off the Ball it took along time for him to even say when games would start behind closed doors and all the while people were buying STs. 

Add in the uncertainty of decisions made by the despicable SFA/SFA who are a law unto themselves.  These crooks could pull the plug on the Champion at anytime citing some made up rule that games will be cancelled because of misdeeds by cretins in the SPL.
Therefore anyone buying a ST was taking a chance of not being able to watch a game in the Stadium never mind watching one on Hearts TV. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Are these live pictures from the ‘Fish Gig Cancelled’ thread?

:rofl:

Oh dear.  You are truly clutching at straws (pun intended) trying to drag up a thread from 8 years ago.

been here before
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

How much is it going to cost non season ticket supporters ?

Probably less than ST holders but then maybe the non ST holders wont get access to meaningless kickabout in an empty Tynecaatle against a 3rd division team as a "thank you".

43 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

IMO anyone who bought a ST should have been aware that crowds returning to the stadium to watch football this season was not a given. When I saw that 115k plus supporters had purchased a  ticket I thought, well done, buying tickets when no one could say exactly when supporters would be allow back in.
There was not one person in authority who ever stated a date of crowds being allowed back in when ST went on sale. In fact people like Prof Leitch were reluctant to put a date on it. During his weekly appearances on Off the Ball it took along time for him to even say when games would start behind closed doors and all the while people were buying STs. 

Add in the uncertainty of decisions made by the despicable SFA/SFA who are a law unto themselves.  These crooks could pull the plug on the Champion at anytime citing some made up rule that games will be cancelled because of misdeeds by cretins in the SPL.
Therefore anyone buying a ST was taking a chance of not being able to watch a game in the Stadium never mind watching one on Hearts TV. 

The Championship isn't starting until October for the very reason that it was expected that fans would be back by then.   Some Chairmen made it clear that their clubs couldn't afford to play BCD. 

Anything else is just revisionist nonsense. 

46 minutes ago, leginten said:

Nobody is talking about “refunds to everyone”. Time to tone down the hysteria. As for the highlighted part, maybe you haven’t noticed what Hearts fans have done to help the club survive in recent seasons.

We’ve spent the last few months lambasting the football authorities for their total lack of integrity. The least we should expect from our own club is honesty, openness, clarity and integrity. None on show so far in this episode.

Hearts fans lecturing other Hearts fans about "if we want the club to survive" has to be peak JKB. 😂

Where have they been? 

1 hour ago, otterjohn said:

How did the folk manage to afford the season ticket before the Streaming statements were made but now want their money back because they arent getting in to watch a game because its to much.

I dont blame Hearts for any of this.Nobody knew at the time how it would all work out.

I would say though that households with more than one season ticket should have a chance of some kind of refund or free cup game

vouchers for next season if they decide.Im still not certain there will be games even then.

You're at it. 

6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Hearts fans lecturing other Hearts fans about "if we want the club to survive" has to be peak JKB. 😂

Where have they been? 

It’s a mystery, for sure.

1 hour ago, davidjambo51 said:

No doubt the Clubs " at Tynecastle "  comment was misleading , but I don't believe it was intentional.

If I believed for one minute that my Club was trying to screw me then  that would be the end.

Being realistic  - refund of Season Tickets should be offered to all fans that want one ( perhaps max 15 / 20 % ) the Club will then have to bite the bullet and adjust this Season's budget accordingly and sell PPV..

The word Loyalty should also be used carefully, some fans simply can't afford to be as " loyal " as others.

Hopefully next season we can start afresh.

What else can they do  ?

Yeah, I'd go along with that. I bought my ticket assuming that IF fans were allowed back into grounds, it would be a small amount (by ballot probably!)... at best until the New Year.

I feel sorry for fans that bought 2 tickets or more... they should be allowed  a refund if required, although, when I bought my ticket I did believe any 'unused' tickets would be allocated to me for next season (still hope that's the case), this WAS how it was wordered initially.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

That last sentence...Hearts fans actually managing to be arrogant whilst languishing in the Championship!

Given that Hearts, in the opinion of many it seems, have been less than clever in creating a belief of our season tickets being guaranteed for attending Tynecastle, Hearts need to consider what they can do to placate those fans and, I would suggest, correct the obvious unfairness of households having more than one season ticket holder.

Could one idea be to issue vouchers to all season ticket holders, for use against purchases in the club shop? Vouchers of a decent value, depending on how much the season ticket cost the individual fan. As an example, in this way, a parent who was intending buying items for all the kids, who they have already got the season tickets for, could make a decent saving on their purchases. 

It wouldn't go anywhere near the original costs of the season tickets, but would be a simple gesture, along with a more informative explanation to all about how the guarantee idea wasn't thought out very well, given the global uncertainty, and explaining that there are no simple solutions that Hearts can afford to carry out at this time.

Some may say that Hearts can't afford to do something like this. I would say they can't afford not to do something. Attracting extra customers into the shop, many of whom maybe don't usually buy much in there, would boost sales in the short term, and in the long term if the experience was great. The club shop will be missing the matchday sales anyway, and could probably do with a sales boost.

Those of us who are happy enough to just let Hearts have the full season ticket money can just not use their vouchers. 

Just one idea.

Surely, with some goodwill, positive ideas to help keep the club and fans together can be thought up. There are other issues, not least catering for fans with no suitable internet access. Some leadership from Hearts wouldn't go unappreciated.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

So how do you log in to watch the game today?

What game today?

Our pre-season "thank you" v third division sniders from Maryhill is next week.

Edited by been here before

32 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Screenshot_20200916-222540.jpg

All Hearts have to do here, is say that they'll honour paragraph 3... maybe they still intend to do so. They should ,however, make some announcement on this.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

So two questions:

1. Was it a mistake to offer the guarantee in the first place and was that mistake made by the club or those who bought a season ticket?

2. Did the club do a good job of communicating the change last week?

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

All Hearts have to do here, is say that they'll honour paragraph 3... maybe they still intend to do so. They should ,however, make some announcement on this.

Maybe a virtual seat. 

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Can’t believe the moaning minnies on here. Man up and be hearts fans or go and join the trash down fester road way. Buying a ST was to ensure the jambos survival and allowed us to move forward from the hell hole the powers that be had put us in. No-one had a crystal ball so we’ve had to adapt to the world - that includes STs and no crowds. Get a grip. Only hearts 

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Pretty poor way to talk about your fellow supporters, just because they are not as upset as you. If someone had posted a similar comment about “pant wetters”, there would have been a lot of angry responses. Maybe the folk who aren’t screaming about this are disappointed too, but a bit more in control of their emotions and able to apply perspective to how this has come about? “Jammie wearers”... tragic chat.

@Beast Boy did you see the post above from Baxfee? I don't think it got a single angry response.

While the communication has not been the best, it has been disappointing we need to look at the reality of the situation. The club needs the ST money to keep us in competition with other clubs. This is an extreme situation but failure for us to go along with the clubs needs will take us backwards.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

@Beast Boy did you see the post above from Baxfee? I don't think it got a single angry response.

Think someone said “Baxfee has spoken, close thread” or something? He gets called an “Uber” and a “jammie wearer” too though, on other threads.

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

What game today?

Our pre-season "thank you" v third division sniders from Maryhill is next week.

8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The game against Partick is next Saturday..

:facepalm:

How stupid am I. I thought was today. Thanks guys. 

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Another day, another game of whack-a-mole with another set of posters new to the thread, criticising those who are unhappy by making exactly the same points that I been rebutted numerous times already on the thread.

The club said this week that when they made the the guarantee that they expected fans back in the stadium. They said this week "When we launched the Season Ticket Guarantee back in May we very much had hoped, based on the guidance at that time, that supporters would be back in the stadium at the start of the season".

It was the clubs fault for making the guarantee, not the fans for accepting it in good faith. The club explicitly removed the risk of not being able to watch a game in the stadium. Is it the fault of the club or the fault of the fans that in an environment of uncertainty that the club made season ticket holders a guarantee that they couldn't then keep? The club then did itself no favours by communicating the change they made this week so poorly.

3 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Happy to go down to Tynecastle with a screwdriver to get "my seat" so I can watch the games on it 👍

Not allowed 

The "Guarantee" says "at Tynecastle". 

Maybe if you pay a bit extra though........ 😂

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe a virtual seat. 

If they're intentionally trying to be ambiguous with their wording, they deserve any all the anger coming their way. 

I don't think they were initially inferring 'virtual homes games'...but if that's what they are doing now, they're just treating their support with contempt when there's no real reason to. Like I (and 100 others on here) said above, they need to come out with some clarification. 

13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

"tickets being subject to availability ". 

It's almost as if Hearts are suggesting that you might be in the stadium!