All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

No, that is simply not true. I am pointing out that some people use this forum to push an agenda. They do this by concentrating on the negative aspects of absolutely every single thing that that the club do. I am not saying you do this, but there are those that do. It's very easy to see this for yourself simply by going througn the threads relating to any topic that divides opinion. You will see that they always take the negative point of view. What they do further to this, is to then class everyone who disagrees with them as a "happy clapper" or an "apologist" and pretend that it's always the same people disagreeing with them. That is simply not true. Often the people who they are disagreeing with, actually agree with them on other topics, but it suits their agenda to label them with a lazy stereotype instead. I've criticised the club on some things that I disagree with, and I've said that I back the club on other matters. The criticism gets ignored however, because that doesn't fit the lazy stereotype.

I agree. There are people on here who criticise everything the club does but there are also people who can see the club do no wrong. It's a big spectrum of views with the majority somewhere in between those two extremes.

The point I'm making though is that the highlighted section of your post above says someone with positive views of the club are wrongly classed as "happy clappers" but you're then classing people as moaners and simplistic if they have a negative view on this decision. Yes, some of those will be the ones we all know can't wait to take a pop at the club but the majority seem to be people who purely dont agree with this move and are mainly positive about the club.

Just accept that people will have different views on things. Your view is as valid as someone else's so there is no need to get personal if someone has a different opinion to yours. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

husref musemic
11 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Everyone was aware we would be playing some games next season BCD. That’s not what people are angry about. 

Its for the club to work out how to pay the players. 

well put. 

5 minutes ago, credit card said:

FFS I'm a Hearts fan. I love my team. I'm getting to see them albeit on the telly instead of from my seat. I wanted to see the team I love but Covid 19 delivered an unwelcome boot in the baws. OK financially my Platinum ST is a dud but it's like buying a car that needs work done on it you didn't know about. These things happen in life.

My sympathy is with folk in the same household but for others grow a pair.

You opened your wallet or flexed your card because I suspect that you too love the club, or have you forgotten that?

You're missing the point. People love the club, support the club and pay thousands into it happily. What annoys people is when they feel the club are duping them. If the club had been clear and up front about this I'm sure people who can afford it would have happily have done it. 

Potentially people who wouldn't otherwise have bought a season ticket might have done too. I would have. I don't buy one as I don't live in Scotland but if I'd known a season ticket would get me streamed home games this season and the club needed the money I'd have probably stumped up for one...albeit not at gold or platinum prices 😂

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I agree. There are people on here who criticise everything the club does but there are also people who can see the club do no wrong. It's a big spectrum of views with the majority somewhere in between those two extremes.

The point I'm making though is that the highlighted section of your post above says someone with positive views of the club are wrongly classed as "happy clappers" but you're then classing people as moaners and simplistic if they have a negative view on this decision. Yes, some of those will be the ones we all know can't wait to take a pop at the club but the majority seem to be people who purely dont agree with this move and are mainly positive about the club.

Just accept that people will have different views on things. Your view is as valid as someone else's so there is no need to get personal if someone has a different opinion to yours. 

It's not some posters opinion though, it's agenda driven, thats his point. 

As others have said, I feel the club has scored a massive own-goal here. Following one of the worst seasons in living memory and repeat failures of the ‘football department’, the club had to make sure they got their messages correct.

At the time of the season ticket launch, nobody had any idea when football would be back, never mind what league Hearts would be playing in.

“One thing we do know, however, is that once again the Club needs your support.”

A recurring call-to-arms, which the supporters always step up to without missing a beat. 

I am in the very fortunate position where my work and income has not been drastically affected by Covid-19. I know, however, that is not the case for a lot of people - with more uncertainty to come. But often I find it is exactly the people in these situations that will scrape together whatever they can to continue supporting the club.  

Hearts themselves acknowledged this:

“We are doing this, while fully recognising that in these uncertain times many supporters will have a big decision to make in terms of not just how, but indeed whether, they can continue to support their team next season”

And this is where they made their pledge. They made it to make things easier for the supporters who were in two-minds whether they could continue to support the team next season. The pledge was clearly worded to indicate that no-one would lose out and entitled the holder to a ticket to 18 matches at Tynecastle Park. Let’s not tie ourselves in knots trying to claim that the statement was worded in a way to indicate that this represented live streams. 

“Look at what other clubs are doing,” you say. Other clubs have sensibly gone down the ‘virtual season ticket’ route but crucially did not make an 18-match pledge as Hearts did. Just look at the statement Hibs put out (posted earlier in the thread) - night and day.

Incidentally, other clubs also offered a refund on the price of the games not fulfilled from last season. Hearts did not offer this, instead offering a 10% reduction on season ticket prices for this season. There is a separate discussion to be had on the Season Ticket prices for Championship football but that's been done to death on other threads.

Now, none of this is a criticism of the above. I feel Hearts really did have the best intentions at this point. Unfortunately, Hearts underestimated the pandemic and over-promised. 

Instead of being upfront about things, holding their hands up and saying “the pledge is no longer financially viable” they have tried to backtrack and thought no one would notice. Had they said - “it is a flat rate of £20 for each game to be streamed live, season ticket holders can trade one of their 18 games for access” I am almost certain that people would have done so OR paid the additional fee. As mentioned earlier, the Hearts fans have caused no reason to doubt they’ll step up when needed. The fact that the club is trying to pull a quick-one on those loyal supporters is incredibly disappointing. 

At a time where everyone was ready to pull together and use the anger at the injustices of last season to galvanise the club, the club seems intent on driving a wedge between themselves and the fans.

Ultimately, these fans will swallow the financial loss as it is for Hearts’ benefit but at what cost? The supporters are the life-blood of the club and something that should not, ever, be taken for granted.

Perhaps more worryingly, questions are beginning to be asked of the Foundation of Hearts. Of course, fan-owned is not the same as fan-run but if decisions by the club are going to have a knock-on effect to membership of the Foundation, at what point do they consider speaking up? Or is there another way the fans should be voicing concerns?

Look, Hearts are in an incredibly difficult position here and they will need everyone on side for the coming months. This is not the time to do the "you clearly aren't enough of a Hearts supporter if you're complaining about this" routine. Hearts fans will do what Hearts fans do but the club really need to consider their next steps carefully. Trust is something money cannot buy.

Edited by Scotland

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Only in the same way that the likes of yourself seem to be unable to apply a critical eye to anything the club do.

I’m more than capable but if my faults are being positive and supportive to the club I’ve followed for over 40 years then I can live with that. 😊

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’m more than capable but if my faults are being positive and supportive to the club I’ve followed for over 40 years then I can live with that. 😊

The issue for me is accountability, that’s all. 

24 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Everyone was aware we would be playing some games next season BCD. That’s not what people are angry about. 

Its for the club to work out how to pay the players. 

You sure ? And they then didn’t follow that logic up by thinking my season ticket my not physically get me into Tynecastle? Because no one knew when we would actually get to see a game. 

They have worked it out, season ticket money. 👍 

Maybe the club shouldn’t have offered season tickets and just charged £30-50 a pop to stream the games to pay wages. We could then moan about the price of the streaming while at the same time ripping the club off using iptv. 👍

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The issue for me is accountability, that’s all. 

She’s held her hand up and trying to put it right. RN seems to be going in the right direction regarding playing squad, games will tell us more in that respect. 

I am at the stage where possibly the club needs to do something for child tickets as they are clearly part of the same household, and it may be a cheaper 'fix' to some extent.

I also feel that most ST holders alsopay FoH each month so if you feel you have lost out here, or penalised unfairly...

Edited by Nookie Bear

27 minutes ago, Stone1992 said:

Sensible thing to do would surely be if you have a ST then you have 18 credits to be used against live matches at Tynie when they are back on that can be used for league games only. 

Then for streamed games just charge everyone per game who wants to watch with option to use a credit from your 18 if you prefer. Means houses with multiple tickets won’t be getting shafted and club still makes some income without upsetting a lot of ST holders. 

Exactly this. Season ticket holders get what they paid for, the club's finances are protected. There was no reason to make it this hard for themselves. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

She’s held her hand up and trying to put it right. RN seems to be going in the right direction regarding playing squad, games will tell us more in that respect. 

Again, a personal view - her errors have been so numerous that she should no longer be in charge.

What is the big deal? I bought my ST to help hearts. I’d actually be ok about paying for the PPV. I know not everyone can afford it but this is about keeping hearts in a good financial position 

12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You sure ? And they then didn’t follow that logic up by thinking my season ticket my not physically get me into Tynecastle? Because no one knew when we would actually get to see a game. 

They have worked it out, season ticket money. 👍 

Maybe the club shouldn’t have offered season tickets and just charged £30-50 a pop to stream the games to pay wages. We could then moan about the price of the streaming while at the same time ripping the club off using iptv. 👍

People did follow that logic, but the 18 game guarantee suggested you would get to attend 18 games, and never once mentioned streaming of games. This was then compounded by emails from the ticket office trying to clarify the situation which said in no uncertain terms, it was 18 games you would be able to physically attend. 

If it was so obvious ST’s would not physically attend Tynecastle, why use different price points for Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum? Surely just charge the same price to everyone. 

The club should have just been honest from the start. All the communication had to say was “ST’s are guaranteed to watch 18 games, either by TV stream, or physically in the stadium when safe to do so”. That’s all it needed to say, no ambiguity and everyone would have known where they stood with regards to buying one. 

34 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

This is exactly it. The £40 discount to account for missing 4 games last season, plus demotion was pretty poor to start with. But to take £360 essentially just for a stream is over the top. 

Similar to yourself I would have been happy to paid at a lower price point for the stream. 

The point is that at the time of buying ST's nobody knew what would happen when the games started. If I remember correctly championship games were put back to October because that was when it was hoped fans would be able to attend. The virus isn't going to let that happen so the club are reacting to the changing situation and doing what they can to let fans see the games, just like every other club in the land. There was no way that back in May/June/July they could have offered a cheaper streaming ticket. The ones I have sympathy for are the ones who genuinely bought due to the poorly worded guarantee and even worse email that followed, and anybody who hasn't got internet or fast enough internet. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

The point is that at the time of buying ST's nobody knew what would happen when the games started. If I remember correctly championship games were put back to October because that was when it was hoped fans would be able to attend. The virus isn't going to let that happen so the club are reacting to the changing situation and doing what they can to let fans see the games, just like every other club in the land. There was no way that back in May/June/July they could have offered a cheaper streaming ticket. The ones I have sympathy for are the ones who genuinely bought due to the poorly worded guarantee and even worse email that followed, and anybody who hasn't got internet or fast enough internet. 

Plus people who have multiple tickets in one household because a free stream in return for the money paid is a very poor deal

Dusk_Till_Dawn

In fairness though, they’re making the effort to provide the equipment for proper broadcasts. Otherwise it would be hard to offer anything as a makeweight 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Plus people who have multiple tickets in one household because a free stream in return for the money paid is a very poor deal

Sorry, don't agree with you on that.

27 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

That makes perfect sense.

Well no, it doesn't. It is head in the sand stuff. The club must realise that there are a lot of angry people and there is no hint of an apology or, as they should be doing, offering refunds to those who wish. 

16 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

People did follow that logic, but the 18 game guarantee suggested you would get to attend 18 games, and never once mentioned streaming of games. This was then compounded by emails from the ticket office trying to clarify the situation which said in no uncertain terms, it was 18 games you would be able to physically attend. 

If it was so obvious ST’s would not physically attend Tynecastle, why use different price points for Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum? Surely just charge the same price to everyone. 

The club should have just been honest from the start. All the communication had to say was “ST’s are guaranteed to watch 18 games, either by TV stream, or physically in the stadium when safe to do so”. That’s all it needed to say, no ambiguity and everyone would have known where they stood with regards to buying one. 

I think the club has been a lot more than crap here, but I'm sure even Morton who broke first about streaming games had to say along the lines of 'we are confident the SPFL won't play silly beggars with us'

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In fairness though, they’re making the effort to provide the equipment for proper broadcasts. Otherwise it would be hard to offer anything as a makeweight 

I really feel sorry for you.

I read the news yesterday that I was finally going to get to watch Hearts play football again. My skin tingled, got goosebumps, my stomach turned a little and the excitement kicked in, I planned ahead in my mind in milliseconds how I'm going to spend the day and I instantly go into happy mode knowing no matter what Shite lay's ahead over the coming days and into next week, I finally have something to look forward to. 

You don't, that's really sad.

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Well no, it doesn't. It is head in the sand stuff. The club must realise that there are a lot of angry people and there is no hint of an apology or, as they should be doing, offering refunds to those who wish. 

Read the article, it explains the issues that have arisen, if you needed an explanation of course. 

Anyway, something finally to look forward to, enjoy the game mate.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Your last sentence is a real danger. I’m not sure how people missed the reality of that when buying a season ticket. Everyone should have been aware we would be playing behind closed doors at least part of the season if not all. How are we expected to pay the players ? 

Hearts themselves weren’t aware that so much would likely be behind closed doors, as their ‘apology’ suggests. At least to me. 

Edited by Paolo

1 hour ago, credit card said:

FFS I'm a Hearts fan. I love my team. I'm getting to see them albeit on the telly instead of from my seat. I wanted to see the team I love but Covid 19 delivered an unwelcome boot in the baws. OK financially my Platinum ST is a dud but it's like buying a car that needs work done on it you didn't know about. These things happen in life.

My sympathy is with folk in the same household but for others grow a pair.

You opened your wallet or flexed your card because I suspect that you too love the club, or have you forgotten that?

So you're OK with the club behaving like a second hand car dealership?

My 2 season tickets cost £1250 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 how much am I paying a game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can't till a week Saturday.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Perfectly entitled to your opinion regardless of where you're based but nowt wrong with keeping quiet either. There are enough moaners, including me, on here as it is 😀.

Aye - it's just the validity of my opinion I'd have minor misgivings over. I wanted Cathro to be a huge success. I wanted Levein to make a decent go of it (which was happening up to Naismith's injury whereupon the wheels seemed to fall off fairly spectacularly). I wanted Stendel to show up the Scottish game or the tinpot load of shite it appears to be...but in all those cases I wasn't having to put up with actually seeing the team's performances week after week.

I suppose I could have a moan about the STs but it actually means that I will get to see games this season for as long as the streaming goes ahead.

Can't moan about the bars, restaurant, shop, catering, kiosks, bogs, slippery steps. I CAN (and do), however moan about the standard of governance, refereeing, blind-eye-turning to sectarianism and favouritism, shoddy journalism as these are all things I can bear witness to (albeit via TV for refereeing).

I guess where Hearts are concerned I look for the best. Sometimes I'm left disappointed but I don't feel the need to let all and sundry know about it.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

My old man and his family are from up your way. Lovely part of the world.

Which bit? Often lovely...sometimes less lovely :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I really feel sorry for you.

I read the news yesterday that I was finally going to get to watch Hearts play football again. My skin tingled, got goosebumps, my stomach turned a little and the excitement kicked in, I planned ahead in my mind in milliseconds how I'm going to spend the day and I instantly go into happy mode knowing no matter what Shite lay's ahead over the coming days and into next week, I finally have something to look forward to. 

You don't, that's really sad.

I think it's really sad that anyone could get super excited about watching a friendly match on the box this weekend. 😂

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I think it's really sad that anyone could get super excited about watching a friendly match on the box this weekend. 😂

No you don't, you're  just as excited but it doesn't fit your profile. 

It's very common on forums like this.

Edited by Bull's-eye

14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

My 2 season tickets cost £1250 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 how much am I paying a game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can't till a week Saturday.

I think you get a special stream that holograms you into the stands.

50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Again, a personal view - her errors have been so numerous that she should no longer be in charge.

Yip lost the dressing room us she has.

8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Here's the club explanation but no attempt to explain or justify the price differential across the various ST categories.

"Sorry if you think you were misled"

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-explain-season-tickets-and-streaming-deal-fans-after-investing-five-figure-sum-2974769

Using "a five figure sum" to justify it, how many season tickets to cover that?  100?

8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Here's the club explanation but no attempt to explain or justify the price differential across the various ST categories.

"Sorry if you think you were misled"

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-explain-season-tickets-and-streaming-deal-fans-after-investing-five-figure-sum-2974769

They should have a camera in all three segments of each stand so you get a bronze/gold/platinum view depending on your ticket. 

I should have been in marketing  😎

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Using "a five figure sum" to justify it, how many season tickets to cover that?  100?

I think this means that they are paying a 3rd party to bring their cameras in - this tweet might explain it.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

This, to me, is the worst thing they've done all Summer. Ripping off their own fans who have stood by them time after time. It's not on. They made a guarantee about 18 games at Tynecastle and they have to honour their side of that deal. As a season ticket holder, I would happily pay the pay-per-view cost for every game if it meant that my games at Tynecastle were not used up. Utter farce. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

They should have a camera in all three segments of each stand so you get a bronze/gold/platinum view depending on your ticket. 

I should have been in marketing  😎

You may joke Dave but this is a shambles.

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You may joke Dave but this is a shambles.

Hopefully we will get back To some level of crowd in the stadium sometime soon. It will be even more exciting then when they try to work out a ‘fair’ system for drawing lots. 🥴

I see Banderson has been fed and has swallowed the “access to” line, which of course is not mentioned in the club’s guarantee.

Has the club announced the cost of pay per view games ? Looks like its going to be ridiculously expensive as it's surely going to have to be more than a season ticket holder pays ?

1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Has the club announced the cost of pay per view games ? Looks like its going to be ridiculously expensive as it's surely going to have to be more than a season ticket holder pays ?

It'll probably be cheaper and come with Loyalty Points.

Nothing would surprise me now.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think if a supporter contacted Trading Standards about this, HMFC would be paying out refunds left, right and centre.

I'll enjoy the extra camera angles though!

14 minutes ago, Boof said:

Aye - it's just the validity of my opinion I'd have minor misgivings over. I wanted Cathro to be a huge success. I wanted Levein to make a decent go of it (which was happening up to Naismith's injury whereupon the wheels seemed to fall off fairly spectacularly). I wanted Stendel to show up the Scottish game or the tinpot load of shite it appears to be...but in all those cases I wasn't having to put up with actually seeing the team's performances week after week.

I suppose I could have a moan about the STs but it actually means that I will get to see games this season for as long as the streaming goes ahead.

Can't moan about the bars, restaurant, shop, catering, kiosks, bogs, slippery steps. I CAN (and do), however moan about the standard of governance, refereeing, blind-eye-turning to sectarianism and favouritism, shoddy journalism as these are all things I can bear witness to (albeit via TV for refereeing).

I guess where Hearts are concerned I look for the best. Sometimes I'm left disappointed but I don't feel the need to let all and sundry know about it.

Which bit? Often lovely...sometimes less lovely :lol: 

All fair comment.

My dad stayed in Kirkwall till he was 15, then his parents moved to Edinburgh with him. Still have loads of family up there. Linklater and Gunn are two of the surnames connected to my mob. My Grans sister lived in a biggish house in Evie (sp) until she died but most of them are in Kirkwall as far as I know. 

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Everyone should have their individual camera set up in their seat. 

With the option to mute the cretins who sit to my right, and behind me. 

Has anyone come with a credible plan of how the club pays the players this season without Season Ticket revenue and next to no tv income?

Presumably everyone moaning about Hearts streaming these matches is outraged at the signing of Popescu and incandescent about the return of Craig Gordon.  I assume they would be much happier if we had filed for admin, released all senior players and been relegated to League One?

3 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

There’s a massive assumption inherent in your question that this will even have occurred to anyone at the club...

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think if a supporter contacted Trading Standards about this, HMFC would be paying out refunds left, right and centre.

I'll enjoy the extra camera angles though!

They wouldn't be a supporter. They'd be a bellend.

If anyone is unhappy ask the club for a refund and **** off. Simple really