All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m probably as negative about Budge as anyone on here. My negativity is fuelled by the constant attempts on here to tell you to be positive amid a long and sustained period of decline and ineptitude. Budge is a proper Emperors New Clothes story.

Conversely it’s only because of the meta-moaning by yourself and others, that folk feel the need to be positive in return. If folk would keep a bit more perspective, then you’d have a situation where it didn’t seem so two sided, and people would just post their views depending on which way the wind was blowing. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

I sometimes wonder does the club employ people to post on here, to put a positive spin on certain issues as I dont understand some of the views on here at times. It was the same with guys who were still backing levein after 4 years of garbage, which has ultimately got us into this predicament. 

I doubt very much that the club employs people to post on here. Much more likely that some guys just love the club and their opinions are skewed by it. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I doubt very much that the club employs people to post on here. Much more likely that some guys just love the club and their opinions are skewed by it. 

Exactly. Batshit mental conspiracy theories created by those who are incapable of seeing something from another’s point of view. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Conversely it’s only because of the meta-moaning by yourself and others, that folk feel the need to be positive in return. If folk would keep a bit more perspective, then you’d have a situation where it didn’t seem so two sided, and people would just post their views depending on which way the wind was blowing. 

Wind’s been blowing one way for ages though. That’s the point.

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Covid 19 strikes again. Anne said that she was not for handing over the club in a bad state of affairs .Or .words to that effect

It wasn't and isn't up to Ann to decide when to "hand over" the club.

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Exactly the sort of simplistic view that sets the roundabout going. I can feel myself getting dragged in again already if I bother replying to this point. So I’ll not bother. Enjoy your day moaning. 👍

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Covid 19 is what is stopping the hand over.

It isn't. And it is not some sort of voluntary "hand over" ... we have paid getting on for £11m and continue to.pay about £150000 every month. Somehow we do that despite Covid19.

15 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Exactly. Batshit mental conspiracy theories created by those who are incapable of seeing something from another’s point of view. 

....and your next post goes on to say people have "simplistic views" or are "moaning" if they dont see it from your point of view! 

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That's your outlook though with complete failure to recognise any good by the club no matter how small. Not just you but a lot of people seem unable to look forward rather than drag the past up. Shitty way to live your life imo but get it makes a lot of people happy to moan constantly. 

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The irony. 

15 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

....and your next post goes on to say people have "simplistic views" or are "moaning" if they dont see it from your point of view! 

No. Simply put, I don’t have a set rule for my points of view, they change depending on the subject matter. There are those however who have a set opinion on the owner of the club and the FoH, and they will hold a negative opinion on every subject connected to them, regardless of whether it’s good or bad. If I think something is good I’ll say it, and if I think something is bad I’ll say it. It suits the agenda of those who are negative about everything to paint anyone who disagrees with them as apologists however. You see it all the time, where an assumption is made that if someone disagrees with them, it must be because they are a club employee or want a role at the club or whatever other nonsense. It completely ignores the fact that those posters often disagree with the club on other matters. 

10 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Those who believe "guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park" means the match will be at Tynecastle and you will watch at home must live pretty weird lives. Presumably if they bought a ticket for a flight to Paris which turned out to be overbooked they'd say "No worries. Don't put me on another flight. I'm aware that overbooking is a possibility. The main thing is the flight has arrived at Paris". Then instead of their romantic weekend in Paris they book a meal at a restaurant in Edinburgh and then sit at home wondering why their meal hasn't arrived.

The club should never have offered the 'guarantee', that implied that it would get you attendance at 18 games. No other club did this. Other clubs either made clear that some games would be online if behind closed doors, one or two (Hamilton Ross County?) decided against selling season tickets and are just selling individual games. I always thought the guarantee seemed a bad idea as (on my assumption it would actually be honoured) it was storing up financial pain for later.

Having decided they were going to welch on their guarantee they have compounded the issue by trying to paint this as some great service to season ticket holders. They would have been far better emailing fans to say they'd got it wrong but the offer they made was unsustainable, that the need for games to be behind closed doors looks expectantly long, said supporter could email them to get a refund (or maybe take up the terms of the original pledge), and then begged in grovelling tones for season ticket holders not to take the refund if they could possibly afford it to help support the club through this challenging time, acknowledging that once again they were abusing the loyalty and better nature of our support.

They should probably have accepted that they couldn't also offer a pay per view option as to offer it at any sensible price is going to leave many season ticket holders feeling even more ripped off.

Do that and I think the financial hit and loss of good will is lower.

Another total comms disaster from the club (and for the record it is for the big mistakes like this that are going to you should avoid burning huge amount of supporter good will on stupid small stuff like doing St Mirren a favour at the weekend, which just leave supporters less receptive to epic cock ups).

I don’t think anyone actually believes this. It has, though, been both amusing and not a little embarrassing to watch people contort themselves into agonies to pretend that the simple phrase “18 matches at Tynecastle”  could mean something entirely different from just that.

What will the next attempt to pervert language be? After all, “matches” doesn’t specify football matches...

This is a situation entirely of the club’s making. Was it May 1st when the pledge was issued? Everyone knew which way the wind was blowing by then, and if they didn’t, they presumably hadn’t noticed what was going on around them. That includes the club.  Why make such a pledge? And yesterday: why attempt to treat the fans like absolute mugs by completely glossing over the sudden shift from “matches at Tynecastle” to “streaming”? Did they think people wouldn’t notice? And then to compound this by completely ignoring the many relevant issues this sudden shift brings up?

It’s not a good picture at all. It gives the clear impression that they think the fans zip up the back. 

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The irony. 

No. Another blinkered lazy assumption. I think the old stand looked shit, and I am happy to go against the grain and say so. On other topics I will be in line with the majority, but I’ll not form an opinion based on who the majority are, nor will I form an opinion on individual subject matters based on my opinion of the ownership of the club or FoH. Some do though.

29 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That's your outlook though with complete failure to recognise any good by the club no matter how small. Not just you but a lot of people seem unable to look forward rather than drag the past up. Shitty way to live your life imo but get it makes a lot of people happy to moan constantly. 

Sorry, and this is veering off topic, but we are in the Championship about to play the likes of Alloa and Ayr. 

We can point to individual successes on and off the pitch but this is a failure in anyone’s language. 

As for the season ticket thing, not ideal but unavoidable although I wonder if something should be offered to multiple ST holders in the same property, or even with the junior STs?

12 hours ago, steve123 said:

like as mentioned above discounted access to streams - then come to a sensible agreement with them over games in stadium that they have bought to help our club in a time of need. 

I appreciate Covid etc but the fans of this club have been to the well so many times and been done over by all in Scottish football and stood by the club- in my humble opinion hearts would do well to recognise that and for the record I am like Jim paying 12.99 so does not impact me.

Fair enough.

Not sure how you could have discounted access to something that is "free"

I'm sure the club will be looking at this and maybe platinum ST holders (which I am) may get discounted tickets for cup games etc in the future, same for households with multiple ST's.

Another possibility is, if we get live streaming of away games, that could be at different price structures.

12 minutes ago, leginten said:

I don’t think anyone actually believes this. It has, though, been both amusing and not a little embarrassing to watch people contort themselves into agonies to pretend that the simple phrase “18 matches at Tynecastle”  could mean something entirely different from just that.

What will the next attempt to pervert language be? After all, “matches” doesn’t specify football matches...

This is a situation entirely of the club’s making. Was it May 1st when the pledge was issued? Everyone knew which way the wind was blowing by then, and if they didn’t, they presumably hadn’t noticed what was going on around them. That includes the club.  Why make such a pledge? And yesterday: why attempt to treat the fans like absolute mugs by completely glossing over the sudden shift from “matches at Tynecastle” to “streaming”? Did they think people wouldn’t notice? And then to compound this by completely ignoring the many relevant issues this sudden shift brings up?

It’s not a good picture at all. It gives the clear impression that they think the fans zip up the back. 

You say “matches”, I say “classical concerts” 😬

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry, and this is veering off topic, but we are in the Championship about to play the likes of Alloa and Ayr. 

We can point to individual successes on and off the pitch but this is a failure in anyone’s language. 

As for the season ticket thing, not ideal but unavoidable although I wonder if something should be offered to multiple ST holders in the same property, or even with the junior STs?

The failures have been recognised I’m not sure what benefit anyone is going to get from not moving forward especially since we were unfairly expelled from the top league. Before the usuals start I’m aware how poor we were anyway. 

Aye maybe multi season ticket holders from the same household should be offered something although I’m not sure what would work or indeed please a lot on here. I’m in that category and I’m ok with it. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You say “matches”, I say “classical concerts” 😬

:laugh:

And there are worse scenarios, believe me. I mean, does anyone in our busy world actually have time to concern themselves with what is meant by “matches”? What is a match, essentially?

15 minutes ago, leginten said:

I got it wrong with misunderstanding what people were moaning about. Fully agree that some basic honesty from the club would be nice. The inability for some to understand that criticising the club because you want it to do things better is depressing. 

24 minutes ago, leginten said:

This is where I am with the whole thing and I do feel like I am being treated with disdain. The irony is the FoH have contact details for a large element of the support and there could have been some communication on the issue long before now. A discussion with feedback on where the club is and identifying issues raised by many fans could have taken place to come up with a much more nuanced solution. Sadly, I am now coming to the conclusion that the board and more worryingly FoH representatives on the board have little empathy with ordinary supporters. 

47 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

No. Simply put, I don’t have a set rule for my points of view, they change depending on the subject matter. There are those however who have a set opinion on the owner of the club and the FoH, and they will hold a negative opinion on every subject connected to them, regardless of whether it’s good or bad. If I think something is good I’ll say it, and if I think something is bad I’ll say it. It suits the agenda of those who are negative about everything to paint anyone who disagrees with them as apologists however. You see it all the time, where an assumption is made that if someone disagrees with them, it must be because they are a club employee or want a role at the club or whatever other nonsense. It completely ignores the fact that those posters often disagree with the club on other matters. 

You're completely contradicting yourself here! On the one hand you're saying your views can change, depending on the subject but if someone has a different view to you, they have an agenda against the club! 

The majority of people on this thread seem to disagree with this decision, me included.  You're entitled to your opinion also but should respect the opinion of others, without resorting to insults. 

Edited by Paulp74

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I guess I could be described as one of the non-moaners in that if something good happens I might comment upon it and if something  the club does is not to my satisfaction I'll more often than not keep quiet about it.

I think I'm physically remote enough from the club not to have much of a valid opinion on most things :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I got it wrong with misunderstanding what people were moaning about. Fully agree that some basic honesty from the club would be nice. The inability for some to understand that criticising the club because you want it to do things better is depressing. 

Agreed. Like many others, I have essentially written off my ST money as a donation. If the streams actually work, I’ll watch the matches. But there has to be an awareness that large numbers of people have poured in money they probably thought twice about spending in the current circumstances, and they took the club at its (unnecessarily given) word. Unless the club is now mistaken in its communications, it is suggesting people will get something entirely different from what they bought.

Just now, leginten said:

Agreed. Like many others, I have essentially written off my ST money as a donation. If the streams actually work, I’ll watch the matches. But there has to be an awareness that large numbers of people have poured in money they probably thought twice about spending in the current circumstances, and they took the club at its (unnecessarily given) word. Unless the club is now mistaken in its communications, it is suggesting people will get something entirely different from what they bought.

Yep. I think the biggest thing for me after all this is the lack of trust I now have with the club. The Guarantee was clearly to make sure those who have been thinking twice about spending several hundred pounds (at this time in particular) for a product that could not be defined, would go ahead and buy a ST. Cannot see it being anything other than a deliberate deception. 

Feels like more and more over the past few years our loyalty to the club is just taken for granted. 

9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Yep. I think the biggest thing for me after all this is the lack of trust I now have with the club. The Guarantee was clearly to make sure those who have been thinking twice about spending several hundred pounds (at this time in particular) for a product that could not be defined, would go ahead and buy a ST. Cannot see it being anything other than a deliberate deception. 

Feels like more and more over the past few years our loyalty to the club is just taken for granted. 

That is the worst part of it. It feels undeniable that we've been deliberately lied to by those in authority at the club, just so they could milk us for as much money as possible.

21 minutes ago, Boof said:

I guess I could be described as one of the non-moaners in that if something good happens I might comment upon it and if something  the club does is not to my satisfaction I'll more often than not keep quiet about it.

I think I'm physically remote enough from the club not to have much of a valid opinion on most things :lol:

Perfectly entitled to your opinion regardless of where you're based but nowt wrong with keeping quiet either. There are enough moaners, including me, on here as it is 😀.

My old man and his family are from up your way. Lovely part of the world.

A reminder. When Hearts issued the ST marketing there was no official word on any form of streaming taking place for games in Scotland. So customers who bought then would have had no reason to assume access could mean anything other than attending.

And he’s not praying!
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A reminder. When Hearts issued the ST marketing there was no official word on any form of streaming taking place for games in Scotland. So customers who bought then would have had no reason to assume access could mean anything other than attending.

When did Hibs start marketing theirs? Given they specifically mention access to Hibs tv?

I ask as I was under the impression (perhaps wrongfully) that their season ticket push started long before ours. I seem to recall us holding off as we obviously didn’t know what league we’d be in (from a playing perspective, not specifically when the league was halted and all that followed)

6 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

When did Hibs start marketing theirs? Given they specifically mention access to Hibs tv?

I ask as I was under the impression (perhaps wrongfully) that their season ticket push started long before ours. I seem to recall us holding off as we obviously didn’t know what league we’d be in (from a playing perspective, not specifically when the league was halted and all that followed)

I have no idea.

Pretty crap situation all round.

Some suggestions how this could have been dealt with better;

Acknowledge change in circumstances, apologise and offer a few options;

ST holder agrees a couple of weeks in advance of each game whether they a) want to use 1 from their ST 'book' to watch the match online, b) Buy a stream for that game for a flat £20 say whilst deferring their ST game til next season c) defer it to next season.

a - gets round folk with no money just now and/or want to see the game regardless or where multiple family members have purchased (one chooses opt A, others choose C)

b - gets round folk who are upset at paying over the odds for a stream compared to others

c - for everyone else (watching with others, unable to stream etc etc)

once the numbers of streamers are then known, Hearts could then sell single game packages to non-ST holders for £20 (or £22 if trying to give ST holders a discount). You would hopefully get a decent number up to the max we are allowed to sell (capped as last season's ST numbers?)

This can obviously start to build a wee pot of money to make up for the dent in next Season's ST income but hopefully marketed correctly (no sniggering at the back) we could get a lot of single game purchasers. The only thing I can think of that might cause a problem is if this causes more tax to be paid in one financial year etc but I'm sure some creative accounting would have been able to get round this.

Also means that if by some miracle we get back into the grounds after say 6 of the 14 league games then it can reverts to standard ST T&Cs.

If club were worried too many were choosing option C then numbers could be capped, or could limit it to those who can prove multiple STs at same address for example.

Sure, quite tricky to administer but not impossible.

I'm quite lucky in that we tend to buy 2 tickets between 3 of us as we can't all attend and this will probably work out pretty well in that for the occasions we all want to watch a match one of us goes and watches it with another. 

Edited by Poseidon

If anyone feels they’ve been mis-sold their STs, I recommend they ask the club for a refund.  Would be the simplest solution and it’s well within your rights.  I won’t criticise anyone on this thread as all the views are perfectly valid and I totally appreciate that this was a huge financial commitment for a lot of folk. 

Don’t think the club can win either way on this, because it will be a PR disaster one way or the other.  When they made the announcement, we were deep in battle with the leagues over our status and facing a £3m black hole if demoted.  ST sales were low and the club needed money. I can imagine there would have been equal outrage from many if we had asked folk to donate ST money at the time without assurances.

We can’t make up financially for lost fixtures.  We’re in danger of having no revenue for 20/21 if we try to please everyone. 

The club have left themselves open to criticism and it could have easily been avoided. 

I think most of us would have understood the situation if they had communicated that the promise made in the initial marketing was simply not viable. The creative minds of those in charge could have come up with other ways in which to compensate us, especially those with multiple season ticket purchases in one household for their families. 

I'm one of those who had already written the money off, but as many have said already, it's another blunder from the powers that be.

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

If anyone feels they’ve been mis-sold their STs, I recommend they ask the club for a refund.  Would be the simplest solution and it’s well within your rights.  I won’t criticise anyone on this thread as all the views are perfectly valid and I totally appreciate that this was a huge financial commitment for a lot of folk. 

Don’t think the club can win either way on this, because it will be a PR disaster one way or the other.  When they made the announcement, we were deep in battle with the leagues over our status and facing a £3m black hole if demoted.  ST sales were low and the club needed money. I can imagine there would have been equal outrage from many if we had asked folk to donate ST money at the time without assurances.

We can’t make up financially for lost fixtures.  We’re in danger of having no revenue for 20/21 if we try to please everyone. 

👍 Common-sense approach 

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Your last sentence is a real danger. I’m not sure how people missed the reality of that when buying a season ticket. Everyone should have been aware we would be playing behind closed doors at least part of the season if not all. How are we expected to pay the players ? 

48 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

You're completely contradicting yourself here! On the one hand you're saying your views can change, depending on the subject but if someone has a different view to you, they have an agenda against the club! 

The majority of people on this thread seem to disagree with this decision, me included.  You're entitled to your opinion also but should respect the opinion of others, without resorting to insults. 

No, that is simply not true. I am pointing out that some people use this forum to push an agenda. They do this by concentrating on the negative aspects of absolutely every single thing that that the club do. I am not saying you do this, but there are those that do. It's very easy to see this for yourself simply by going througn the threads relating to any topic that divides opinion. You will see that they always take the negative point of view. What they do further to this, is to then class everyone who disagrees with them as a "happy clapper" or an "apologist" and pretend that it's always the same people disagreeing with them. That is simply not true. Often the people who they are disagreeing with, actually agree with them on other topics, but it suits their agenda to label them with a lazy stereotype instead. I've criticised the club on some things that I disagree with, and I've said that I back the club on other matters. The criticism gets ignored however, because that doesn't fit the lazy stereotype.

stevie.nolan.5
28 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

This is where I’m at with this. I assumed she meant getting back in to the stadium. I mean logically paying £400 for season tickets, I’d have just paid for hearts tv knowing that it was streaming. 

I've not got a season ticket so it doesn't affect me but can see why people are annoyed and feeling misled.

The pandemic of course isn't of Hearts making and they were between a rock and a hard place but as is so often the case with the current regime their shocking PR/comms/marketing has made things needlessly worse. Whoever oversees this stuff needs to seriously buck up their ideas.

Holyrood_Hearts
27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Spot on. 

I’ve read some fans say they consider this season ticket payment as a donation to the club, which is fair enough. Personally, I don’t think it’s too much to ask the club to honour what’s its committed too. 

This season’s prices were too high considering we missed out on 4 games from last season plus demotion into the Championship, so the discount of £40 was a half decent gesture of goodwill. If I’d known at the time for my £360 I’d be watching it at home I wouldn’t have renewed at that price. I’d happy would’ve paid a subscription fee to watch our games but not that price. It’s just too expensive for what you get. 

We all invest in the club via tickets, merchandise, the fans bar, the FoH etc etc & it’s fast feeling like being treated like customers, not supporters. 

12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Your last sentence is a real danger. I’m not sure how people missed the reality of that when buying a season ticket. Everyone should have been aware we would be playing behind closed doors at least part of the season if not all. How are we expected to pay the players ? 

Everyone was aware we would be playing some games next season BCD. That’s not what people are angry about. 

Its for the club to work out how to pay the players. 

Jambo in Bathgate

I doubt you would have got to watch live matches for the £50 per year you pay for Hearts TV. The club are still deciding on the pay to view price. I would think this charge will be at the level of a walk up ticket. To me the survival of Heart of Midlothian is more important than worrying about whether I bought two season tickets to watch at Tynecastle or on a Computer. 

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Spot on. 

I’ve read some fans say they consider this season ticket payment as a donation to the club, which is fair enough. Personally, I don’t think it’s too much to ask the club to honour what’s its committed too. 

This season’s prices were too high considering we missed out on 4 games from last season plus demotion into the Championship, so the discount of £40 was a half decent gesture of goodwill. If I’d known at the time for my £360 I’d be watching it at home I wouldn’t have renewed at that price. I’d happy would’ve paid a subscription fee to watch our games but not that price. It’s just too expensive for what you get. 

We all invest in the club via tickets, merchandise, the fans bar, the FoH etc etc & it’s fast feeling like being treated like customers, not supporters. 

This is exactly it. The £40 discount to account for missing 4 games last season, plus demotion was pretty poor to start with. But to take £360 essentially just for a stream is over the top. 

Similar to yourself I would have been happy to paid at a lower price point for the stream. 

FFS I'm a Hearts fan. I love my team. I'm getting to see them albeit on the telly instead of from my seat. I wanted to see the team I love but Covid 19 delivered an unwelcome boot in the baws. OK financially my Platinum ST is a dud but it's like buying a car that needs work done on it you didn't know about. These things happen in life.

My sympathy is with folk in the same household but for others grow a pair.

You opened your wallet or flexed your card because I suspect that you too love the club, or have you forgotten that?

Sensible thing to do would surely be if you have a ST then you have 18 credits to be used against live matches at Tynie when they are back on that can be used for league games only. 

Then for streamed games just charge everyone per game who wants to watch with option to use a credit from your 18 if you prefer. Means houses with multiple tickets won’t be getting shafted and club still makes some income without upsetting a lot of ST holders. 

14 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

they did, and bought them for this knowing football was unlikely. 

’m not sure what shocks me most! The actual genuine surprise (do people not watch the news or study what’s happening in the world)  or the crying! 

Nobody is surprised about not being able to attend Tynecastle in the near future. You have fabricated that in your mind in order to suit your little agenda. As I said last night, wilful ignorance of people's actual views.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Only in the same way that the likes of yourself seem to be unable to apply a critical eye to anything the club do.