• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many games did you expect to watch at Tynecastle? I've lost a lot of money the last 6 months or so, from loss of work income to cancelling things and not getting refunds. If I do book something now it's more in hope than expectation.

Hearts are doing what all the clubs are doing. From what I can see we might actually be making our games more accessible to non ST holders too than some clubs are.

It's not what all other clubs are doing which has been explained numerous times. You're just choosing to ignore it.

highlandjambo3

Is there a way to rig up the live stream so we can get a two way sound system going?  That way we can get to Boo the players or, is that just gold ST owners who’ll get that privilege?

13 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'm going to put the incredible stupidity bashed out on this thread down to massive frustration with life over the past 6 months. 

Heart's supporters are usually very well balanced and intelligent 😉😉

I think that's being generous, what did people think was going to happen with the ongoing effects of a global pandemic?

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I paid my £450 for a 2020/2021 season ticket. I did so in full knowledge that I might not get to go to any games in that season. Not looking for refunds, not looking for discounts for future seasons. If I get to watch some games online that I wouldn't otherwise be able to see at all, I'm fine with that! 

Nailed it. 

Just now, johnking123 said:

You are all off your nut if you seriously thought you would be going to Tynecastle this season. Maybe next year If we are lucky!

The Season Ticket Guarantee actually covered this very point. The games would roll over if fans weren't allowed in. 

No mention of streaming at all. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, iainmac said:

You've completely ignored my question - why is that? 

I did answer. The level of ticket is irrelevant. It's everyone's personal deacon to buy that level in the knowledge hey might not be able to actually watch the game in the ground. Surely everyone was expecting only half of ST holders in Tynie at any one time this season - at best?

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

So what about the price differential between Bronze / Gold / Silver / Platinum & PPV?

It's the same stream we'll be watching but some paying a lot more than others. 

Just suck it up? 

Bronze only get to watch the game from the pitchside camera angle and in black and white
Silver gets colour and normal angle from

Wheatfield

Gold gets silver plus replays and commentary

Platinum get pre and post match interviews as well as their name appearing on a ticker tape at the bottom during half time 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Pagey said:

I think that's being generous, what did people think was going to happen with the ongoing effects of a global pandemic?

Again, this isn't the point people are annoyed at. It's absolutely tedious.

Just now, johnking123 said:

You are all off your nut if you seriously thought you would be going to Tynecastle this season. Maybe next year If we are lucky!

That's not the point. 99.9% of people wouldn't have expected to be at Tynecastle this season but expected to get 18 home games guaranteed whenever possible as that's exactly what the club told us we were getting. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, LMc said:

It's not what all other clubs are doing which has been explained numerous times. You're just choosing to ignore it.

What are other clubs doing then? They all seem to be letting St holders watch games "for free".

Holyrood_Hearts
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many games were you expecting to go to this season in the circumstances?

That doesn’t matter. The club have charged fans ST prices to go to Tynecastle. I expected to get 18 games in person at some point from my payment, not sit in the house and be expected to pay the same again for my next ST. The club are trying to shaft the fans here & it’s a disgrace.  

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Is there a way to rig up the live stream so we can get a two way sound system going?  That way we can get to Boo the players or, is that just gold ST owners who’ll get that privilege?

Outstanding idea. you may of cracked something there . Fans download the app and can interact from home with options to cheer boo or just make noises. Excellent go create it now .

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Bronze only get to watch the game from the pitchside camera angle and in black and white
Silver gets colour and normal angle from

Wheatfield

Gold gets silver plus replays and commentary

Platinum get pre and post match interviews as well as their name appearing on a ticker tape at the bottom during half time 

and anyone who's booked hospitality will get a three course dinner and some patter delivered by scott wilson and the MOTM

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, AndyNic said:

That's not the point. 99.9% of people wouldn't have expected to be at Tynecastle this season but expected to get 18 home games guaranteed whenever possible as that's exactly what the club told us we were getting. 

99.9% of people expected to be back at Tynecastle? Not reading the same news I've been then. We'll be lucky if this season starts at all.

Surely the ST is for 2020/21 though and that is stated? The club would no doubt do something if it turns out this season doesn't happen or is cut short?

Just now, iainmac said:

Just being pragmatic again Dave? 

I’m always try to be pragmatic Iain. 😎

I don’t have the wording in front of me but I remember thinking at the time that the statement wording didn't definitively guarantee physical attendance at matches. 

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I did answer. The level of ticket is irrelevant.  everyone's personal deacon to buy that level in the knowledge hey might not be able to actually watch the game in the ground. Surely everyone was expecting only half of ST holders in Tynie at any one time this season - at best?

Are you for real? 

The ST's are  priced according to where your seat is in the stadium not how close your couch is to the TV.

Let me  put it another way, do you think people would've paid £32 to watch a stream "in the knowledge" that the club would be selling the same stream for almost half that price to others? 

Edited by iainmac

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

99.9% of people expected to be back at Tynecastle? Not reading the same news I've been then. We'll be lucky if this season starts at all.

Surely the ST is for 2020/21 though and that is stated? The club would no doubt do something if it turns out this season doesn't happen or is cut short?

I blame Hearts for not creating a covid free dome around Tynecastle so everyone can get into the games. Fans will be back in the stadium just not in October so the club will have to stream the games. 

Edited by Rods

Just now, davemclaren said:

I’m always try to be pragmatic Iain. 😎

I don’t have the wording in front of me but I remember thinking at the time that the statement wording didn't definitively guarantee physical attendance at matches. 

And the price differential for watching the same stream?

Disingenuous at best. 

4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

So if a tour company sold you a trip to the Grand Canyon, and guaranteed you the tour and the views, because of the uncertainty, or your money back, and sent you a DVD, or online steam instead, would you say they met their guarantee, if they said, you still got the tour, and saw the views? 

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are other clubs doing then? They all seem to be letting St holders watch games "for free".

52 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Every club is not doing the same.  

For example, Hamilton chose not to sell season tickets.  Others who did, did not include a vague guarantee in the terms and conditions of purchase.  

If Hearts were more transparent, I almost certainly would have still bought one.  Most fans would have.   I am not sure a family of five would have bought five, though, which depending on age and seat location, would be potentially close to £1,500-£2,000, for something a Hearts Tv subscriber could get for £13.99 a month. 

husref musemic
6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

correct. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Out of interest, do you think this situation is acceptable?

I have something to say in interest to your post. In the circumstances all tied up in the same bunch Yes. If this was pre Covid 19, no way.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I think it is genuine, and if it is, it is a contract.   Whether the poster wants to act  on it, that is their decision.   

So do I. 

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why would he fake it 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆🙈?!?!

In my experience, so as not to hurt my feelings, I think. 😕

Are you for real? 

The ST's are  priced according to where your seat is in the stadium not hie close your couch is to the TV.

Let me  put it another way, do you think people would've paid £32 to watch a stream "in the knowledge" that the club would be selling the same stream for almost half that price to others? 

If you are a non season ticket holder, out with the Uk, you can get the same stream for less than half the price.  About 13%-25% of the price of a household of five season ticket holders. 

Edited by Paolo

10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Next year includes part of this season, if played!

Just saying like!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Beast Boy said:

In my experience, so as not to hurt my feelings, I think. 😕

Hahahahaha first decent joke on this thread 👍🏽👏🏾

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

So you don’t mind paying £17 a game to watch it online?

Cheap at the price. I hear that Gary Linekar will be doing the match commentaries and Zoe Ball the half/full time interviews.

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

Cheap at the price. I hear that Gary Linekar will be doing the match commentaries and Zoe Ball the half/full time interviews naked.

Can I ask two tedious ****s (from the same family, obviously), to come to my gaff and sit behind me shouting, “FFS Hearts get it forward”, followed, immediately by, “FFS who’s that tae”?

Just to enhance my match day experience. 
Ive asked my Mrs but she says If Im gonna be screaming at the telly, like I do when watching West Ham she’s going out

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If you are a non season ticket holder, out with the Uk, you can get the same stream for less than half the price.  About 13%-25% of the price of a household of five season ticket holders. 

Exactly & the PPV price has yet to be set as well. No doubt that will be pitched low to attract as many as possible. 

Berra than you

Had time to mull this over without a knee jerk reaction. Disappointed in the club for the way they have handled it. Never thought I'd get to a game this season but the "guarantee" being replaced with streamed games is a nonsense. Further, the fact that international subscribers get the same service for a fraction of the price is a joke. And that people have all paid varying amounts for season tickets. But all get the same service. 

3 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Cheap at the price. I hear that Gary Linekar will be doing the match commentaries and Zoe Ball the half/full time interviews.

Throw in Vanessa Feltz, and you have sold me. 

Gorgie Boot boy

If you claim a breach of agreement during Covid 19 then question yourself for accepting the agreement. That is of course if you bothered to look at the terms conditions agreements when you purchased and went ahead with the transaction. At this point you are in effect allowing for all circumstances at time of purchase accepting all. Unless of course under unpredictable circumstances these conditions can become flexible. Nuclear war or Natural disaster type of scenarios. Covid 19 covers all of them.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Exactly & the PPV price has yet to be set as well. No doubt that will be pitched low to attract as many as possible. 

That’s going to be another slap in the face for those that already feel aggrieved. 

11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Out of interest, do you think this situation is acceptable?

I posted earlier that Ithought it was pretty vague at the time the guarantee was issued and some people were clearly misled by it and feel aggrieved.  Supporters that have bought multiple tickets for their family group especially so.

i think the club will have to do something about it where people do feel aggrieved 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I posted earlier that Ithought it was pretty vague at the time the guarantee was issued and some people were clearly misled by it and feel aggrieved.  Supporters that have bought multiple tickets for their family group especially so.

i think the club will have to do something about it where people do feel aggrieved 

Not to mention the fact that we're all paying different prices for the sane thing. You OK with that as a principle? 

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

You're at the wind up. Now on ignore. 

He is reeking.

Spamming every thread 

Edited by Satsumo

Maybe when they set the PPV price, they will give season ticket holders the chance to carry forward their season ticket price as credit to next season, and pay the PPV to watch the games.  Or swap for a TV season ticket and carry forward any difference. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Satsumo said:

He is reeking.

Spamming every thread 

Spo Leto has been quiet for a while come to think of it 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂?

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Not to mention the fact that we're all paying different prices for the sane thing. You OK with that as a principle? 

And if you have a shit internet connection, as much of Scotland does, then that is also not good.   Not something you normally consider when buying a season ticket. 

56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah an email from the club isn’t an official communication, I knew would you say it was a fake. Why would he fake it 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆🙈?!?!

Never said it was fake, just said the whole thing around that email is hazy. It’s certainly not an official statement from the club if it’s just some random employee replying to a fans email. Accept that there should be repercussions for the employee if indeed it happened. Don’t think the comment of an employee locks a company into any specific action or perceived commitment. 
Had you received the email would you really have believed that if no games were played this season then you had a free ticket for next season? 

10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

And the price differential for watching the same stream?

Disingenuous at best. 

It’s the same match whether you watch it at home or in the stadium but it would have been fairer  to charge all seats at the same price.  Presumably, they hoped we would all be back into the stadium by October which was just a tad over optimistic and got us where we are. 

Interesting reading the reaction to this. We renewed our season tickets for Crystal Palace for 20/21 season a few weeks ago and this has proved to be very controversial with supporters. We have been effectively charged 17/19ths of last seasons season ticket cost (because the first 2 games will definitely not have fans attending).

We're told that, if fans are allowed back in, we will go into a ballot for attending games. Any games we don't attend will be refunded at the end of the season or we can put the money towards next season. People who don't want to renew have been informed they can pay £200 to 'hold' their season ticket but only if they can confirm they are in a 'vulnerable category' and the money will go towards the cost of next seasons ST. Anyone who doesn't do this or doesn't renew risks losing their seat. This has proved to be the most controversial point.

The first 3 games are being shown on TV - not sure about after that but I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that we would be able to stream them free as ST holders. All in  all, majority of Palace supporters seem unhappy with approach taken by 'already cash-rich owners.'

Just now, davemclaren said:

It’s the same match whether you watch it at home or in the stadium but it would have been fairer  to charge all seats at the same price.  Presumably, they hoped we would all be back into the stadium by October which was just a tad over optimistic and got us where we are. 

So this needs to be addressed & quickly. 

It might be the "same match" but the experience is night & day. 

It’s not been a great few days for supporter relations. First the Zlamal nonsense and now this.

Personally, I didn’t need any sort of ST guarantee but the club chose to give one. Poor.

56 minutes ago, graygo said:

Do we now need an official club statement or club media release to get an answer to any questions we might have?

So what’s the problem?