All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

No surprise really but it's pretty crap having to watch it a n s phone or laptop rather than Tv . Can't see many pensioners being able to cast it to the Tv from their laptops , that's if they've ever got a laptop , lol 

Shit for families that have bought multi season tickets costing a free bob too . 

The stream better stand up or they'll be carnage on here 😂

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Appreciate that.  Was just pointing out the media articles that were mentioned didn’t include any such guarantee. I’d be amazed if the supposed response from the ticket office was the Club policy. 
Then again I’m amazed that anyone bought a ticket thinking that if Covid kept us out of the stadium for the entire season that we would all get free season tickets for the following season. Folk, Hearts fans, never fail to amaze. And that’s both positive and negative. 

I don’t think folk were expecting that, but for those that bought multiple tickets in a household will have a legal right to a refund. I’m going to pay £23 a game, to watch it online, I would’ve waived the four game refund as most would. It feels like we’re being taken for granted, again.  

Must be 6 months with  no football worth watching. Couldn't care less about England, Germany or whatever other leagues you can watch. This is great news . Will be able to watch competitive football that actually means something to me. Bought my season ticket and was not expecting to be allowed to a single game this season and would never have asked for a discount for next year if it had been carried over. Anyone not happy that's your choice but a global pandemic is still ongoing so from my point of view I was just  doing my bit to try and make sure we still had a Hearts to come back to eventually. 

Absolutely no win for the club here, no season ticket money and there would have been mass redundancies, signing players from the Scottish lower leagues and moaning fans.

The season ticket is donation with any games seen live as a bonus. 

What I would say though is that season tickets holders should get some extra perks this season, discount in club shop, restaurant, bar, entry into prize draws for signed tops etc. as a softener.

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Is it £12.99 a month if you don't have a season ticket? 

If you sign up to International Hearts TV and can get around the VPN. It would also be illegal. 

Pasquale for King

I think it will be a bonus if we play any games in the league. Even bigger bonus if I can watch a stream. Really huge bonus if I can actually attend some of them. If the worst case scenario happens and no games are played I’ll just have to buy another season ticket in May to try to help keep the club alive. I don’t think I pay through the nose. 

If you paid over £1k for three or four you would. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Could take hearts to court for this 

Which court? 

How do I get there?

Where should I park?

How do I get in?

Where will I sit?

Should I fake my orgasms?

Are those my feet?

If I get into zero games this year, I'll still renew next season, and would happily waive the 4 games credit. I appreciate not everyone is in the same boat though. 

More importantly, and this may have been answered, can I log into this on my TV to stream? 

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Presumably those not getting the anger by some fans because they knew how it would work would be okay with Hearts counting radioncommentary from Hearts as also meeting the definition of "access"?

No? Of course not.

Or a full in depth "written" match report 

6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

"it guarantees you 18 games at Tynecastle Park"

How can you read that any other way than it guarantees you being able to watch 18 games physically at Tynecastle Park? 

If it meant anything else it wouldn't have said "at Tynecastle Park".

LWatching the games on a laptop isn't being at Tynecastle Park. It's being in your house or on the bus watching the game taking place at Tynecastle Park. Not being at Tynecastle Park. 

Surely that's clear cut?

Are the games going to be at Tynecastle Park?
If yes yer guarantee is sound.

Even if it said “We guarantee you can WATCH 18 games at Tynecastle” it’s still sound 

I don’t mind donating to the club & had they given me the option to swap my ST for a Hearts TV Subscription I may have said yes.

What I do mind, is being completely taken for granted & the wording in that email, rather than being unclear, actual makes it perfectly clear that they intend to reinterpret their guarantee to take the fans for granted.

i.e. “Guaranteed 18 Games at Tynecastle” Previously meant 18 games watching the match from your seat, but it now means “We’ll show you 18 games at Tynecastle, maybe in person eventually, but for the foreseeable, through a stream on your laptop”.

It means that a guy paying £295 for a Bronze ST gets exactly the same as a guy who has paid £1800 for 4 adult season ticket for his wife & 2 grown up kids (with the exception that the family will be able to watch it on more than one device).

Folk are saying that other clubs have done the same, but I’m pretty sure that only Hearts did the “18 Games at Tynecastle” guaranteed pledge. 

I’m in the process of buying a house & may not have bought that ST had that guarantee not been offered. 

To then make out that a subscription to Hearts TV with a few extra camera angles fulfills that guarantee is completely duplicitous & I don’t see how it’s not a breach of consumer protection laws.

The club need to give fans the option to transfer these games to matches that they can actually attend at Tynecastle.

If they do that, I’ll happily pay £15-20 to stream a game live & keep the club going, but this is a massive 2 fingers to the fans.

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Think so , the E-mail was not very clear tbh.

PPV for non season ticket , wonder how much that will be.

Edited by Harry Potter

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Which court? 

How do I get there?

Where should I park?

How do I get in?

Where will I sit?

Are those my feet?

:sweeet:

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, BigC said:

I don’t mind donating to the club & had they given me the option to swap my ST for a Hearts TV Subscription I may have said yes.

What I do mind, is being completely taken for granted & the wording in that email, rather than being unclear, actual makes it perfectly clear that they intend to reinterpret their guarantee to take the fans for granted.

i.e. “Guaranteed 18 Games at Tynecastle” Previously meant 18 games watching the match from your seat, but it now means “We’ll show you 18 games at Tynecastle, maybe in person eventually, but for the foreseeable, through a stream on your laptop”.

It means that a guy paying £295 for a Bronze ST gets exactly the same as a guy who has paid £1800 for 4 adult season ticket for his wife & 2 grown up kids (with the exception that the family will be able to watch it on more than one device).

Folk are saying that other clubs have done the same, but I’m pretty sure that only Hearts did the “18 Games at Tynecastle” guaranteed pledge. 

I’m in the process of buying a house & may not have bought that ST had that guarantee not been offered. 

To then make out that a subscription to Hearts TV with a few extra camera angles fulfills that guarantee is completely duplicitous & I don’t see how it’s not a breach of consumer protection laws.

The club need to give fans the option to transfer these games to matches that they can actually attend at Tynecastle.

If they do that, I’ll happily pay £15-20 to stream a game live & keep the club going, but this is a massive 2 fingers to the fans.

Well said. 

1 minute ago, BigC said:

I think they will have to do something for the cases you highlight. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think they will need to do it on a game by game basis, or put the price up.A one off match cost for away fans to buy and tune in. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think folk were expecting that, but for those that bought multiple tickets in a household will have a legal right to a refund. I’m going to pay £23 a game, to watch it online, I would’ve waived the four game refund as most would. It feels like we’re being taken for granted, again.  

I know one or two that were expecting that. Livingston have been selling their home games for £20 a game. Even in the championship our games are worth more. 
Tbh club were in a tough spot on this issue and it’s unfortunate that interpretation of a few words is causing all the hassle.  I think the vast majority of season ticket holders saw 20/21 payments as pretty much a donation with the hope that maybe we would get to attend a few games. 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Arbitration surely? It’s a football matter😃

The pandemic landscape is changing all the time and at the time Hearts announced the guarantee they wouldn’t have thought there was much chance of an empty stadium for the entire campaign.

Not sure what else they could have done to be honest. It’s either charge ST holders to watch games now and have zero ST income next season or do what they’ve done. 

I quite like the idea of watching games with a few beers

The alternative is usually too painful to contemplate.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, BigC said:

Spot on. 

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

No surprise really but it's pretty crap having to watch it a n s phone or laptop rather than Tv . Can't see many pensioners being able to cast it to the Tv from their laptops , that's if they've ever got a laptop , lol 

Shit for families that have bought multi season tickets costing a free bob too . 

The stream better stand up or they'll be carnage on here 😂

The 11v11 match at Tynie filmed by Hearts TV shows the quality of the broadcast, everything was set up for non fan attendance. It gave the players the chance to play with no fans in the stadium, get used to that experience.

Francis Albert

Not often I agree with Natural Orders and Iainmac on the same thread but they are spot on her. This pretty underhand from the club.

I have no personal interest - in over15 years as an ST holder I doubt I have ever seen even one third of the games in any season. The streaming  means I will see far more games than I would otherwise have done.

If the club had asked me to count streamed games as part of the 18 I would happily have agreed as I am sure would many others. In fact I would be happy to waive the 18 game guaranteee altogether and pay for a full price ST next season whatever happens.

But the presentation of this as a generous and innovative measure for which we should all be grateful ... stinks a bit TBH.

I am totally at loss still are people aware of what is going on outside have people been living in a bubble with regards to the current state of the planet? Add to this I also am aware that everyclub in Scotland is doing the same so I am not sure why people expected anything different. 

I agree we should be looking at a blanket one price for a season ticket though and when we get back into the stadium( probably January) people can then upgrade to silver gold etc. 

I must admit I saw this particular PR disaster coming. 

Whilst it's reasonable to say that every other club is doing the same, I'm not aware of any other club giving an 18 game guarantee and one where it was implied heavily that it meant 18 games in your seat at tynecastle regardless of what happened with covid. Once the test events were halted it was clear there would be no fans at tynecastle for the foreseeable future and clearly it seemed inevitable that this perceived guarantee would be broken.

The only possible way round it would be to keep the 18 games at tynecastle for whenever fans return and make fans pay £20 for the stream regardless of whether or not they had a ST. This would still lead to a hit to finances i'd imagine.

Not an ideal situation and one (yet again) entirely of the clubs own making for promising something that they had no certainty they'd be able to deliver.

14 minutes ago, Gards said:

Look I get the anger.  But do you expect next season, if no fans were allowed into Tynecastle this season, that all season tickets would be free?

That’s his point. A guarantee is a guarantee. There’s nothing ambiguous about that. He bought his ticket and he’s now not getting what he bought. I’ve not read one decent argument to defend the club offering something as a guarantee that they could not actually guarantee. It’s poor stuff and there is no defending it imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Which court? 

How do I get there?

Where should I park?

How do I get in?

Where will I sit?

Are those my feet?

Need a season ticket for the car park but no guarantee of a parking space. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I am totally at loss still are people aware of what is going on outside have people been living in a bubble with regards to the current state of the planet? Add to this I also am aware that everyclub in Scotland is doing the same so I am not sure why people expected anything different. 

I agree we should be looking at a blanket one price for a season ticket though and when we get back into the stadium( probably January) people can then upgrade to silver gold etc. 

They expected it to be different because hearts GUARANTEED 18 games inside tynecastle. 

Pasquale for King

I know one or two that were expecting that. Livingston have been selling their home games for £20 a game. Even in the championship our games are worth more. 
Tbh club were in a tough spot on this issue and it’s unfortunate that interpretation of a few words is causing all the hassle.  I think the vast majority of season ticket holders saw 20/21 payments as pretty much a donation with the hope that maybe we would get to attend a few games. 

Yes but for the third time folk buying three or four STs are well within their rights to ask for a refund and are legally allowed to. It’s bad enough when someone from the club uses words that harm the club, when it’s in a statement that shouldve been thought through it’s worse. Most fans knew we weren’t going to see games, why didn’t the club? Incompetence or worse duplicitous. 

Just now, AndyNic said:

"it guarantees you 18 games at Tynecastle Park"

How can you read that any other way than it guarantees you being able to watch 18 games physically at Tynecastle Park? 

If it meant anything else it wouldn't have said "at Tynecastle Park".

LWatching the games on a laptop isn't being at Tynecastle Park. It's being in your house or on the bus watching the game taking place at Tynecastle Park. Not being at Tynecastle Park. 

Surely that's clear cut?

Unfortunately not. When buying a season ticket you should not have to consult your lawyer on the fine points of how the terms and conditions are worded and it appears that Hearts have pulled a flanker. The SPFL played it by the book on Hearts; Hearts were unhappy and told to take the medicine.  Hearts have now played its season ticket holders by the book. There are a lot of season tickets holders on here, and no doubt not on here because they do not live their life on the internet or indeed may not have access to it, who will be very unhappy; it's now our turn to take the medicine. Once trust and loyalty taken advantage of it is very hard to get it back.

The fairest way to do this is to carry over the 18 match guarantee until fans are allowed back in to the stadium and to charge us separately for the live stream of home games until then.

Give a small reduction to season ticket holders to reward loyalty if you want or keep the price as low as possible across the board to encourage other fans to subscribe.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No I wouldn’t, I don’t in fact. 

Well it seems you’re in the minority. You would happily pay £100 a match? Yet you can’t see why they’re angry?

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They expected it to be different because hearts GUARANTEED 18 games inside tynecastle. 

I was guaranteed 18 months and done 4, no complains either. 

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s his point. A guarantee is a guarantee. There’s nothing ambiguous about that. He bought his ticket and he’s now not getting what he bought. I’ve not read one decent argument to defend the club offering something a a guarantee that they could not actually guarantee. It’s poor stuff and there is no defending it imo. 

Can you produce the document where the Club guaranteed physical attendance at 18 matches at Tynecastle in return for season ticket money?  I have not yet seen it. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

The fairest way to do this is to carry over the 18 match guarantee until fans are allowed back in to the stadium and to charge us separately for the live stream of home games until then.

Give a small reduction to season ticket holders to reward loyalty if you want or keep the price as low as possible across the board to encourage other fans to subscribe.

Not a bad idea, would affect next seasons budget maybe. 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I was quarantined 18 months and done 4, no complains either. 

Well done mate. Not been easy for anyone the old quarantine thing. Hope you’re doing ok. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Can you produce the document where the Club guaranteed physical attendance at 18 matches at Tynecastle in return for season ticket money?  I have not yet seen it. 

It’s in the ST thread, it’s on this thread. Go look.

FB51066D-0C1E-4431-A7C9-BE092471A26D.jpeg

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Next again seasons budget is going to be ****ed.

No chance, Jambos will always throw their money away on Heart Of Midlothian FC . Guaranteed. 

I am just looking forward to football starting again. And get to watch my team on Saturday even if it's a friendly. Just glad my club will stay afloat throughout this shitfest and proud my purchasing of 2 ST's helped out a little. Not maligning anyone who is angry, it's alot of money to shell out for a streaming service and I get it. Cannot see what else the club could do with regards to the games but they need to communicate with us alot better than they have been. Hoping we will get back into the ground this season 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by WDJ87

40 minutes ago, DaveT1984 said:

Did any other club make the 18 game guarantee? Why not roll the 18 games until we can attend in person and make the TV subscription pay per view.  You could also ask season tickets holders if they want to cash in so many games to subscribe which would make it fair due to the different tiers/prices.  

Would have been a sensible way to approach it.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but for the third time folk buying three or four STs are well within their rights to ask for a refund and are legally allowed to. It’s bad enough when someone from the club uses words that harm the club, when it’s in a statement that shouldve been thought through it’s worse. Most fans knew we weren’t going to see games, why didn’t the club? Incompetence or worse duplicitous. 

Could well be due a refund. Not sure where the ‘statement’ from the Club came from though. Haven’t seen it yet. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t need to. I’ll not be asking for a refund on either of my tickets. I know what I read though, as do you. The clubs used the phrase ‘guarantee 18 games at tynecastle.’ If you read that differently to me I’ve no argument with you but given that is what they said, I’m sure you’ll agree it’s entirely understandable there is now some dispppointment, anger and confusion. 

Edited by GinRummy

Not happy I’ve paid ST prices for a stream.

I’d rather pay for a stream separately and have my 18 games or whatever guaranteed.

All I feel I’m doing is propping up overpaid footballers. Are they still on wage cuts or back to 100%?

2 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

That’s fair enough but what about households that have purchased more than one season ticket ? Seems a bit unfair on people who have bought 2/3/4 season tickets within the same household.

l’ve bought two and I’m not bothered as I want Hearts to have the money but can understand if there are people unhappy about it.

I'm sorry but I cannot understand why people are unhappy about this. The feeling of entitlement among our fans is staggering. 

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No chance, Jambos will always throw their money away on Heart Of Midlothian FC . Guaranteed. 

Always throw  their money way ? 

Mask slipping  a bit there