• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's entirely up to the club to figure out. 

They’ve already done that I suppose though some people don’t like it. 

11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Dave, genuinely, do you ever step away from defending the club at all costs? People are rightly annoyed at being sold one thing and getting another. I am personally happy to donate the cost of my season ticket basically, I am financially in a position where I can do so, many others won’t be and are rightly upset at how this has panned out. A dad buys him, his children and who ever else lives in his house season tickets, shells out more than £1000 in doing so, how does the streams work for them? The club haven’t handled this very well at all. They haven’t been open enough with this and at points have been deliberately vague “guaranteed 18 home games” for example. 

Yep. 

Alternatives should be offered. 

Refund or, partial refunds reflecting the price of PPV should be offered.

I get that some are happy with the arrangement and that's great but given the nature of the clubs ownership and the way the club has been run, a one size fits all approach doesn't seem fair imo. 

Just now, Nunya Business said:

Your first paragraph misses the point. People aren't upset that they can't get in, they're upset that Hearts made the promise that if they couldn't, they'd see the value returned to them the next season which now doesn't seem to be the case. Also, where's the benefit to Steve Jones who bought a season ticket for him and his two sons? They gonna watch three separate streams? This is another PR own goal, less than a week after the last one.

Sorry again what have fans of other clubs been doing? So you were expecting Hearts to do different? 

18 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

More than happy with this arrangement.  I am able to see the games I can’t physically attend and when (if) I’m able to go to Tynecastle I will. The club can keep the additional 4 games as well. I’ll be buying my season ticket as usual for next season without any discount. Each to their own tho.

THIS

Gorgie Boot boy

I paid my dues on the fact Hearts were getting the money anyway, already written off as a bad investment. No idea how else to follow the side, always thrown my money away on following Hearts. Had a few returns and lots of laughs along the way. My choice my fault. Covid 19 ****ed over everyone on the planet, stopped us all in our tracks and even locked us down. Nothing has ever happend in my lifetime that comes close to it. Hearts and other clubs suffered, we were voted out. People know the facts and still continue to bleet on the unfairness , robbed cheated. What a state to get into over Hearts. They can have my money , it belongs to them not me.

Confused by all of this.

I am not a ST holder, and I do live in the UK.

How much will Hearts TV cost me to watch these games?

(UK Subscription says £5.99 a month, but that can't be it, surely?)

Whilst I don’t want any money back personally, I do feel let down and misled by the club. I am in the fortunate position of still having my job during covid but fully understand these are tough times and that’s not the same for everyone. People have invested a lot of money into the club and least we can expect is some transparency. If they are changing the goalposts , the club should be honest and offer refunds to those that want it! I wouldn’t think the take up for a refund would be high..... but folk are clearly not getting what they were promised. 

For me It doesn’t feel like club has acted in the right manner here. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Sorry again what have fans of other clubs been doing? So you were expecting Hearts to do different? 

This thread is about what Hearts are doing/have done. The actions of Motherwell or Kilmarnock are utterly irrelevant to the discussion. Try to stay on topic.

40 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Please explain what the hell you were paying for then ?!?

Can folk also stop replying to the Troll that is Jambo In Hamilton aka Natural Orders

I paid to keep the club going . As I’ve answered on a reply to davemclaren it was to help the club out like everyone else is doing . I could have said I’ll not bother and buy one student ticket for my daughter and watched games streamed through her ST . 
What will the cost of each streamed match be to you ? 

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Dave, genuinely, do you ever step away from defending the club at all costs? People are rightly annoyed at being sold one thing and getting another. I am personally happy to donate the cost of my season ticket basically, I am financially in a position where I can do so, many others won’t be and are rightly upset at how this has panned out. A dad buys him, his children and who ever else lives in his house season tickets, shells out more than £1000 in doing so, how does the streams work for them? The club haven’t handled this very well at all. They haven’t been open enough with this and at points have been deliberately vague “guaranteed 18 home games” for example. 

I can see your point but on the other hand let’s just say that the entire season is played behind closed doors. Do you, or any other fan, think that those that have bought for season 20/21 would get a free season ticket for season 21/22?  If that’s what played out the fans would lose out on their 21/22 season ticket because we would not just be in administration again but almost certainly liquidated. I get the point re multiple season tickets in a household as well, I bought 6.  As I said in another post, today’s email said ‘all home games will be streamed free to season ticket holders” I’m assuming that includes friendlies, Betfred and Scottish cup games at tynie until all fans are allowed back in to the stadium. If true then maybe not such a bad deal after all. 

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't have problem with this to be honest ! I bought my season tickets for my kids and myself knowing more than likely this be the case 

I think this is part of the problem. I presumed the vast majority of people renewing / buying season tickets were:

1.doing so to support and fund hearts through a financially tough time

2. retain their favourite seat in the ground

3. on the remote chance the virus was suppressed enough to allow large gatherings again.

you only have to read Viz, the daily mash or whatever p-ss taking publication to realise it's going to be sometime next year before we're allowed back into grounds. basically until a vaccine is available to all. 

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

#OnlyHearts was vague. Now the Season Ticket Guarantee was vague. Seems like you have a serious problem with the marketing team within HMFC.

To be honest that’s exactly what I expect from marketing people from years of experience working with them. 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

So I’ve paid for 3 season tickets , all from the same household , if I choose to use my ticket for a game that’s streamed have my daughters just lost a game from their tickets ? 

It's a fair question.  If you're all in the same household and willing to watch it on the one device, then one of you logs in to the HMFC website and into the stream - and that person has then used up one game.     But  Hearts do need to clarify if EVERYONE uses up one game, regardless of whether they've logged in.

In normal times if a ST holder  can't go to a game, you don't get a credit or refund....... so I suspect all ST holders will be deemed by the club to have had the opportunity to see the streamed game, regardless.

1 minute ago, BRY said:

Confused by all of this.

No, that’s just for interviews and highlights of games for UK viewers.

There’ll likely be a cost per match which we’ve seen in the Premiership however that hasn’t been announced and isn’t a guarantee as teams like Celtic and Hibs haven't always provided one for non season ticket holders.

Just now, davemclaren said:

To be honest that’s exactly what I expect from marketing people from years of experience working with them. 

So you think the HMFC marketing team are being deliberately vague in order to mislead the fans? Interesting.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Whilst I don’t want any money back personally, I do feel let down and misled by the club. I am in the fortunate position of still having my job during covid but fully understand these are tough times and that’s not the same for everyone. People have invested a lot of money into the club and least we can expect is some transparency. If they are changing the goalposts , the club should be honest and offer refunds to those that want it! I wouldn’t think the take up for a refund would be high..... but folk are clearly not getting what they were promised. 

For me It doesn’t feel like club has acted in the right manner here. 

Spot on, exactly how I feel. 

I get people being upset but it was pretty clear from July that there was no way that any fans were going to get into stadiums until October at the earliest. Even then it was going to be in limited numbers. A stadium full of 15k plus people is at the moment a distant pipe dream until rates are under control.

The club are doing the only thing possible for fans to see the game. Every other club in the top divisions in Scotland and England are having to consider the same thing.

Would people rather there was no football at all????

17 minutes ago, LMc said:

The club have literally said it would guarantee you 18 home games at Tynecastle.

How is that hard to comprehend?

😂 they didn’t say you’d “physically” be able to attend.. like every other club on earth, and every other season ticket holder of every other club, they club will do whatever they can to allow season ticket holders to “watch” games..

id actually be embarrassed to be one here moaning about not getting to go. Utterly ludicrous 😂

46 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I paid my £450 for a 2020/2021 season ticket. I did so in full knowledge that I might not get to go to any games in that season. Not looking for refunds, not looking for discounts for future seasons. If I get to watch some games online that I wouldn't otherwise be able to see at all, I'm fine with that! 

You might be fine with paying £32 for a stream that others will get for a lot less but that will most certainly not apply to everyone. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

👍 Indeed.  Marketing folk don't do detail - it's all about PR  and fancy ads & soundbites for them

Pasquale for King
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

😂 they didn’t say you’d “physically” be able to attend.. like every other club on earth, and every other season ticket holder of every other club, they club will do whatever they can to allow season ticket holders to “watch” games..

id actually be embarrassed to be one here moaning about not getting to go. Utterly ludicrous 😂

Yes they did.

2D8D7BB1-98AB-4BDF-A62B-C3EBEE107F96.jpeg

17BA5486-5EF6-4238-9633-57C8ED67CDB4.jpeg

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

I get people being upset but it was pretty clear from July that there was no way that any fans were going to get into stadiums until October at the earliest. Even then it was going to be in limited numbers. A stadium full of 15k plus people is at the moment a distant pipe dream until rates are under control.

The club are doing the only thing possible for fans to see the game. Every other club in the top divisions in Scotland and England are having to consider the same thing.

Would people rather there was no football at all????

Why is it people keep missing the point so spectacularly? 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

For a moment when I read the email I thought this would be a positive thread. 🙄

Me too, didn't think for a minute that it would all start to go wrong after only 2 or 3 posts.

20 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Good points well put Busby. 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

It's a fair question.  If you're all in the same household and willing to watch it on the one device, then one of you logs in to the HMFC website and into the stream - and that person has then used up one game.     But  Hearts do need to clarify if EVERYONE uses up one game, regardless of whether they've logged in.

In normal times if a ST holder  can't go to a game, you don't get a credit or refund....... so I suspect all ST holders will be deemed by the club to have had the opportunity to see the streamed game, regardless.

That’s a fair explanation you put across with the missing of games and no credit 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Nobody is going to court over this. But I reckon Hearts would lose if they did. The sale of a season ticket had never included streamable games before, and Hearts never mention streamable games in their Marketing or T and Cs  for the ST.

Ignoring the email as I think that was wrong and a staff member made an error. They said access to games at Tynecastle. They didn’t specify how you would access those games. 

Did any other club make the 18 game guarantee? Why not roll the 18 games until we can attend in person and make the TV subscription pay per view.  You could also ask season tickets holders if they want to cash in so many games to subscribe which would make it fair due to the different tiers/prices.  No chance is my household paying £47 a game (Premium - 1 Adult and 2 kids) for a TV stream. If they would like fans to make a donation they need to ask and not take the decision out of our hands. 

queensferryjambo

More than happy Hearts are making an effort for multi camera screenings of home games. I had the feeling we might be getting some low res one or two camera rubbish.

Realistically as things have moved on I think we all knew outside of a vaccine we weren't getting back into Tynecastle Park.

If we don't go down this route which I think is pretty much the same as every other club so far then we will be in big financial trouble.

The aim of the game is to try and win the Championship and get through this pandemic without going bust. 

My biggest worry at this point in time is the season not being able to be completed by either the other Championship clubs or by the Government having to stop football not whether I get into the stadium.

If at some point we do get back into Tynecastle then fantastic but I don't see it happening and getting to watch it on TV is the next best thing.  

Gorgie Boot boy

Are fans of the SPFL clubs moaning and threatening legal action , demanding back tickets, or is it just Kickbackers 

10 minutes ago, BRY said:

Confused by all of this.

Hearts tv in UK is audio only. Suspect price will be much higher for video. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Still not good enough mate

snd I’m not the only one who thinks this - as well as several on here.

very poor from hearts 

So come on then, give us your solution?

As for this proposal I'm 100% fine with it.  The purchase of a season ticket this year was always going to include games where there was little to no chance of see Hearts play while parking my ample fat arse on my padded seat in the Main Stand.  I accepted that.  I have no problem with Hearts using the streamed games as a 'dot' against one of the 18 promised games on my season ticket.  I will still see them.  I'm very pleased that the club have made the decision to make this at no extra cost to season ticket holders (please not, I did not say free).  this was an area I was concerned about considering what other clubs are ripping their fans off for over and above their season ticket costs.

Hopefully Hearts have made a substantial long-term investment in video and streaming equipment that will improve the overall online viewing experience for people in the future.

IF they have then something else comes to mind.  If this is a hard wired recording and streaming/transmission infrastructure then it's possible teams may want to hire Tynecastle for training sessions/ games they want to record and analyse.  Just an out the box revenue thought from me.

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So you think the HMFC marketing team are being deliberately vague in order to mislead the fans? Interesting.

I think they weren't really clear how the offering would work in practice so they phrased it in such a way so as to make it as flexible as possible while still encouraging a good take up. 😎

Just now, Nunya Business said:

Why is it people keep missing the point so spectacularly? 

I’m not missing any point. 

Fans feel aggrieved that the club are saying that rather than be there for the game, you can have a live stream of the game as part of your season ticket package.

The club can’t control this virus. They are only allowed to do what the authorities in charge of the country tell them. I’m sure they would rather have had fans in the ground Intimidating the opposition as opposed to a soulless empty bowl.

I’d rather be at a live game than watching it on TV but if that’s all I can do at moment, well so be it.

What do you want the club to do, develops vaccine that means people get back into the ground, use time travel to take us back 12 months to stop people coming into UK to prevent it being brought in.

I don’t see what you expect the club to do. Would you rather they charged you £10 per game and carried your season ticket over to next year???

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hearts tv in UK is audio only. Suspect price will be much higher for video. 

I think it will be. A poster earlier said other clubs were charging up to £20 per game. 

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

More than happy Hearts are making an effort for multi camera screenings of home games. I had the feeling we might be getting some low res one or two camera rubbish.

Realistically as things have moved on I think we all knew outside of a vaccine we weren't getting back into Tynecastle Park.

If we don't go down this route which I think is pretty much the same as every other club so far then we will be in big financial trouble.

The aim of the game is to try and win the Championship and get through this pandemic without going bust. 

My biggest worry at this point in time is the season not being able to be completed by either the other Championship clubs or by the Government having to stop football not whether I get into the stadium.

If at some point we do get back into Tynecastle then fantastic but I don't see it happening and getting to watch it on TV is the next best thing.  

On this point alone and you can call me hostile but ANY team that cannot complete their scheduled games due to an outbreak (or any other reason) in their squad should have a 3-0 result levied against them.  Simple and draconian solution.

54 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hearing rumours that stream quality will be based on ST level. Silver 480p Gold 720p Platinum 4k.

Do two silvers in the same household make a gold, what about a silver and a gold.....😅

17 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I guess there will be tests before 'live' games?

And if people have crapninternet that can't handle it?

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Stop with the moaning already just get behind the club 

FTH

They have been making that increasingly hard over the last few weeks.

11 minutes ago, BRY said:

Confused by all of this.

Probably cost you less money than us ST holders.

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Ignoring the email as I think that was wrong and a staff member made an error. They said access to games at Tynecastle. They didn’t specify how you would access those games. 

I appreciate the basis of the open ended use of "access" everyone understand the ambiguity. Some likenyou don't care or always expected live streams to count. Many others followed the opposite mindset. Both are fair viewpoints, hence the ambiguity. But only 1 half of the argument now sees themselves as being shafted. Hearts are at fault here.

If we bring the email back into the equation then that cements the error. Many people will have seen that post and email and taken it as done and dusted and subsequently bought and ST. Or assured others, as I did myself, that Hearts were saying only physical attendance counts.

14 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

How do I go about watching games on my tv.  ?

There will no doubt be more technical ways to do it but I'll have the game on my laptop then plug the laptop into the tv using a HDMI cable. You would then need to use your tv remote to select which HDMI port you plugged it into as the source. You will then see whatever is on the laptop on the tv screen.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They did.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But they did. Someone posted at email on here. I was told by the ticket office at the time of buying that this was the case. It was in the press that this was the case. Funnily enough hearts didn't see a point in correcting them?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5606817/hearts-home-games-season-tickets/

Every other club didn't come out with an 18 game guarantee. 

Once again, you completely miss the ******* point though.

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Best post i have read regarding Hearts Tv broadcasts, the 11v11 highlights were a set up run as much as to introduce the new players to the Hearts match day experience. Everything was done  as pre match , the players got on the grass and got bonding. The experience was a success. Hearts are not amateurs, they are professional to the finest detail. I long to return , until then i will watch Hearts TV. At the moment we have Partick Thistle live to look forward to and a chance to see our new 1st eleven. That in itself is the real talking point and why Hearts TV is going to be a god send.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think they weren't really clear how the offering would work in practice so they phrased it in such a way so as to make it as flexible as possible while still encouraging a good take up. 😎

So they were deliberately misleading the fans with an obtuse and vague statement, much the same as they were when they created #OnlyHearts? Thanks for confirming that.

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’m not missing any point. 

Fans feel aggrieved that the club are saying that rather than be there for the game, you can have a live stream of the game as part of your season ticket package.

The club can’t control this virus. They are only allowed to do what the authorities in charge of the country tell them. I’m sure they would rather have had fans in the ground Intimidating the opposition as opposed to a soulless empty bowl.

I’d rather be at a live game than watching it on TV but if that’s all I can do at moment, well so be it.

What do you want the club to do, develops vaccine that means people get back into the ground, use time travel to take us back 12 months to stop people coming into UK to prevent it being brought in.

I don’t see what you expect the club to do. Would you rather they charged you £10 per game and carried your season ticket over to next year???

You're clearly missing the point when you say that the club can't control the virus. No-one is saying they can.

The issue a number of people are having revolves around the season ticket guarantee which was misleading.

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, brux said:

Does anyone know how other clubs have handled the season ticket sitution? Have they all done the same as hearts are doing?

I believe, but may be wrong, that all other clubs sold season tickets as normal with a caveat that they might not actually get into the stadium to see any games this season but we're hopeful of at least seeing some. I think they get streams available for free (but may be wrong!).