All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

And if people have crapninternet that can't handle it?

They have been making that increasingly hard over the last few weeks.

Probably cost you less money than us ST holders.

I appreciate the basis of the open ended use of "access" everyone understand the ambiguity. Some likenyou don't care or always expected live streams to count. Many others followed the opposite mindset. Both are fair viewpoints, hence the ambiguity. But only 1 half of the argument now sees themselves as being shafted. Hearts are at fault here.

If we bring the email back into the equation then that cements the error. Many people will have seen that post and email and taken it as done and dusted and subsequently bought and ST. Or assured others, as I did myself, that Hearts were saying only physical attendance counts.

That email certainly misled but imo that was a shocking error by a member of staff who offered their opinion as no such guarantee was every put in that way by the club. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

9 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

More than happy Hearts are making an effort for multi camera screenings of home games. I had the feeling we might be getting some low res one or two camera rubbish.

Realistically as things have moved on I think we all knew outside of a vaccine we weren't getting back into Tynecastle Park.

If we don't go down this route which I think is pretty much the same as every other club so far then we will be in big financial trouble.

The aim of the game is to try and win the Championship and get through this pandemic without going bust. 

My biggest worry at this point in time is the season not being able to be completed by either the other Championship clubs or by the Government having to stop football not whether I get into the stadium.

If at some point we do get back into Tynecastle then fantastic but I don't see it happening and getting to watch it on TV is the next best thing.  

Even if everyone was to accept your viewpoint, they need to do something about fair & equitable pricing. 

My seat in the stadium is "Platinum" and priced accordingly, my couch will be much the same as everyone else's! 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The guy shouldn’t have sworn but the response is a bit much. 

75F7F59E-9918-4A80-8003-1B8319C44C77.png

Being told to **** off deserves anything other than being put a bit off ? 😂

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ouch

But where is that twitter vibe when the likes of St Mirren are taking the piss?

18Jambo_dave74
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That reply isn't from the club's twitter account.

Seems to be proxy anger. Suggestion of a poor deal, but quite happy to take on on the chin for the benefit of the club.

Edited by Biffa Bacon

17 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I paid to keep the club going . As I’ve answered on a reply to davemclaren it was to help the club out like everyone else is doing . I could have said I’ll not bother and buy one student ticket for my daughter and watched games streamed through her ST . 
What will the cost of each streamed match be to you ? 

See this is what I don't get if you bought in the full knowledge we might not get to any games this season and you see it as helping out the club as I do then I can't see the problem, you are getting to watch the games that we can't get to for free as we can't get to our season ticket seats. 

Myself and the Mrs both bought our season tickets with the same knowledge, so for the folk that think like me it is now a nice bonus that we will be able to watch our team playing some football this season (well hopefully anyway). We might not have been able to access stream or stadium so folk would complain regardless.

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

But they did. Someone posted at email on here. I was told by the ticket office at the time of buying that this was the case. It was in the press that this was the case. Funnily enough hearts didn't see a point in correcting them?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5606817/hearts-home-games-season-tickets/

Every other club didn't come out with an 18 game guarantee. 

Once again, you completely miss the ******* point though.

Nowhere in that article does it say a season ticket holder is guaranteed to attend 18 games at tynie. It says it guarantees you 18 games at Tynie. Reads to me that we will see 18 games at tynie for our season ticket. That’s likely to be a mix of streaming and actual attendance for most if not all fans. Anyone who thought differently when buying wasn’t really thinking straight. How could the club possibly give refunds or credits for games behind closed doors due to Covid and stay in business? 

45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hysterical nonsense. So refund all season tickets and take the multi million pound hit meaning we would probably go bust? 

Or moan when we lose out in a bidding war with Forfar for the creme de la creme of part time talent.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

That email certainly misled but imo that was a shocking error by a member of staff who offered their opinion as no such guarantee was every put in that way by the club. 

But then again, streaming, was never (and has never previously) been mentioned as part of your ST. 

Lots of people dancing on the head of a pin here but this is definitely a change in Ts & Cs as far as the purchase of ST's are concerned. 

22 minutes ago, BRY said:

Confused by all of this.

I am not a ST holder, and I do live in the UK.

How much will Hearts TV cost me to watch these games?

(UK Subscription says £5.99 a month, but that can't be it, surely?)

It’ll be the cost of an average ST divided by 14. £32 per game? 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Even if everyone was to accept your viewpoint, they need to do something about fair & equitable pricing. 

My seat in the stadium is "Platinum" and priced accordingly, my couch will be much the same as everyone else's! 

When Hearts are playing i will be lurching outside watching Hearts TV live, eating wine gums and drinking buckfast wine.

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be honest that’s exactly what I expect from marketing people from years of experience working with them. 

I bought two Platinum season tickets. Seen it more of a DONATION, as well as reserving my seats slap bang in the middle of section D. 

I'm happy enough with the streaming, especially in the current climate. 

I can understand some may want better value for their money. 

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

But then again, streaming, was never (and has never previously) been mentioned as part of your ST. 

Lots of people dancing on the head of a pin here but this is definitely a change in Ts & Cs as far as the purchase of ST's are concerned. 

Yep pretty sure it hasn’t, however this was a promise to fans over and above the usual t&c’s. I’m genuinely not sure how people didn’t expect it not to include streamed games. Season ticket money paid this year was surely looked at as money support to the club and any games we could go to would be a bonus. Certainly how I viewed it also wanted to keep our seats and have renewed 5. 

Edited by Dazo

4 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Seems to be proxy anger. Suggestion of a poor deal, but quite happy to take on on the chin for the benefit of the club.

Quite a lot of proxy anger on here in recent times. Seems to be the way jkb is going. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That is some sad sack pretending to be the club account on Twitter. 

highlandjambo3

Not scrolled through this but, I subscribe to hearts tv but not an international subscription so I could only get audio....I’m not a season ticket holder so, do I now need upgrade my £5 quid subscription to “watch” now ?

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

So, Saturdays friendly. Is it this coming weekend? 

Think it’s week on Saturday. Playing Spartans this Saturday big could be two games on same day given size of our squad. 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep pretty sure it hasn’t, however this was a promise to fans over and above the usual t&c’s. I’m genuinely not sure how people didn’t expect it not to include streamed games. Season ticket money paid this year was surely looked at as money support to the club and any games we could go to would be a bonus. Certainly how I viewed it and have renewed 5. 

👍 +6

10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So they were deliberately misleading the fans with an obtuse and vague statement, much the same as they were when they created #OnlyHearts? Thanks for confirming that.

That’s not how a marketeer would see it. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nowhere in that article does it say a season ticket holder is guaranteed to attend 18 games at tynie. It says it guarantees you 18 games at Tynie. Reads to me that we will see 18 games at tynie for our season ticket. That’s likely to be a mix of streaming and actual attendance for most if not all fans. Anyone who thought differently when buying wasn’t really thinking straight. How could the club possibly give refunds or credits for games behind closed doors due to Covid and stay in business? 

The person that received this email from the club and posted it on the ST thread did. 

37FFD57B-34E2-45B2-9089-1EBD2392315A.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's not the real Hearts account Blue tick missing.

Presumably those not getting the anger by some fans because they knew how it would work would be okay with Hearts counting radioncommentary from Hearts as also meeting the definition of "access"?

No? Of course not.

Ah great. Another opportunity for Hearts “fans” to kick the shit out of the club. Swear they could give every ST holder a grand and folk would be whining it ain’t 2.

Chance to watch Hearts play football. I’ll have some of that thank you

Gorgie Boot boy

Wait a minute. I hear that we get to watch the games Free if you paid your dues.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Pasquale for King

Not sure why people who somehow think it’s a bonus or are surprised we would stream homes games, are annoyed at folk who believed what the club inferred and are paying through the nose for the privilege. 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Presumably those not getting the anger by some fans because they knew how it would work would be okay with Hearts counting radioncommentary from Hearts as also meeting the definition of "access"?

No? Of course not.

I think it would meet it but would also expect even more to be angry. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, farin said:

He’s caught out a few despite not having the blue tick. Probably a sad hibs fan at the wind up. 

Indeed.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

The person that received this email from the club and posted it on the ST thread did. 

37FFD57B-34E2-45B2-9089-1EBD2392315A.jpeg

Appreciate that.  Was just pointing out the media articles that were mentioned didn’t include any such guarantee. I’d be amazed if the supposed response from the ticket office was the Club policy. 
Then again I’m amazed that anyone bought a ticket thinking that if Covid kept us out of the stadium for the entire season that we would all get free season tickets for the following season. Folk, Hearts fans, never fail to amaze. And that’s both positive and negative. 

"it guarantees you 18 games at Tynecastle Park"

How can you read that any other way than it guarantees you being able to watch 18 games physically at Tynecastle Park? 

If it meant anything else it wouldn't have said "at Tynecastle Park".

LWatching the games on a laptop isn't being at Tynecastle Park. It's being in your house or on the bus watching the game taking place at Tynecastle Park. Not being at Tynecastle Park. 

Surely that's clear cut?

3 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

That's not the real Hearts account Blue tick missing.

I don’t really get his point. 3 ST holders in the house can all watch it no?

Like saying if only he goes to a game the other 2 should get their money back.

As far as I’m concerned if I have to watch games on me laptop because we can’t attend in person I’m not that arsed. I bought the ST to watch games and help the club out

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

How can you read that any other way than it guarantees you being able to watch 18 games physically at Tynecastle Park? 

LWatching the games on a laptop isn't being at Tynecastle Park. It's being in your house or on the bus watching the game taking place at Tynecastle Park. Not being at Tynecastle Park. 

Surely that's clear cut?

Look I get the anger.  But do you expect next season, if no fans were allowed into Tynecastle this season, that all season tickets would be free?

Niemi’s gloves

Surely that's clear cut?

“Our understanding.....” suggests that the person who wrote that e-mail didn’t have the authority to give a definitive response on behalf of the club.

Gorgie Boot boy

Surely that's clear cut?

Surely you knew that you were unlikely to watch the side till next year before you renewed your season ticket ?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure why people who somehow think it’s a bonus or are surprised we would stream homes games, are annoyed at folk who believed what the club inferred and are paying through the nose for the privilege. 

I think it will be a bonus if we play any games in the league. Even bigger bonus if I can watch a stream. Really huge bonus if I can actually attend some of them. If the worst case scenario happens and no games are played I’ll just have to buy another season ticket in May to try to help keep the club alive. I don’t think I pay through the nose. 

I’m sure this has been answer previously but do you have to have a season ticket to access these matches on hearts tv?

i never renewed my ST because I was supposed to be in Tenerife for months. 
Sorry for the ignorance here and thanks in advance for an answer. 
if needs be I will but a ST for access. 

Just now, Gards said:

Look I get the anger.  But do you expect next season, if no fans were allowed into Tynecastle this season, that all season tickets would be free?

No, of course not but it's reasonable to expect to be told straight that you could get a household season ticket as opposed to paying for 4 and only using 1 for the season. The 4 would then be renewed again for next season. Just means you're giving the club 3 season tickets money for free...

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Surely you knew that you were unlikely to watch the side till next year before you renewed your season ticket ?

You're at the wind up. Now on ignore.