All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Dougie Masterton said:

Sorry Dave but the online games will be FROM Tynecastle Park. There is a subtle difference. 

No the matches are literally taking place at Tynecastle Park. Did you think the ST T&Cs should have said you will receive a ticket to watch a game FROM Tynecastle? The Sts were sold on the basis of fans hopefully actually attending, despite the obvious risk they may not.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Just now, Dougie Masterton said:

That’s not the official Hearts account. 

Yes, thanks mate. Someone else pointed that out as well. Silly of me to think it was👍

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yes, thanks mate. Someone else pointed that out as well. Silly of me to think it was👍

Some amount of shit stirring going on

I expect the camera angle to be from my seat in lower E.

'Ahve paid fur it I want whit ahve paid fur an all that " 😀

Did anybody realistically expect to be guaranteed anything this season. I will continue buying my STs and paying FoH in the future as long as there is a HMFC  to support whether I'm actually in the stadium or not.

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Was that an official Club statement, or part of a Club media release? 

Do we now need an official club statement or club media release to get an answer to any questions we might have?

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The issue is survival. Fans are getting to watch the games they paid to watch. Granted it’s not in the stadium and granted there’s an issue around multiple season tickets in a single household. I’m in that camp and it’s a case of take a view of it and move on. If a refund is available you can take that option. Every actual at the stadium home game we have people paying from £6 to £150 to watch the same game. Even those without hospitality the range is £6-£30. 

Bollocks. We’ve been mis-sold. 

What happens when Hearts inevitably have issues with their stream due to such large demand? Do we get another game?

This is amateur hour from the club. 

Dougie Masterton
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No the matches are literally taking place at Tynecastle Park. Did you think the ST T&Cs should have said you will receive a ticket to watch a game FROM Tynecastle? The Sts were sold on the basis of fans hopefully actually attending, despite the obvious risk they may not.

I should have included all the post. I agree with you 100%, Dave said the matches would be at Tynecastle Park, I was pointing out it would be from. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, crunchy frog said:

I expect the camera angle to be from my seat in lower E.

'Ahve paid fur it I want whit ahve paid fur an all that " 😀

Did anybody realistically expect to be guaranteed anything this season. I will continue buying my STs and paying FoH in the future as long as there is a HMFC  to support whether I'm actually in the stadium or not.

I thought someone would stand outside every ST holder's house wafting in brewery and pie smells through the window. This is ridiculous from the club.

I find it quite rare for me to criticise Hearts, mostly through blind loyalty. Our treatment during the summer, from various sources, was despicable and drew great support from Hearts fans. We expressed our displeasure at the lies and duplicity of the SPFL.

We are now faced with the dilemma of whether to complain about a sales pitch, which Hearts may or may not have had to do, to sell season tickets. I can understand fans, or customers, being unhappy about buying multiple season tickets for their family, still living at home, only to find they are paying for a stream without an alternative choice. Equally, it is commendable that some are happy to go along with the arrangement Hearts have announced, but those people should realise that others may have laid out much more household income, which may have represented a major outlay, especially at this time.
Then there is the difference in price of individual season tickets, depending on where you sit, but you have actually paid to watch on a screen in your home.

It looks like another PR disaster for Hearts, and won’t help any future sales pitch the club might need to succeed.

I had an English teacher, at school many years ago, who used to lecture us with the belief that “the worst kind of lie, is a lie by implication”. The guarantee that Hearts gave over Season Tickets, feels like the kind of thing she was telling us off about.

It would maybe be better if the choice of paying for individual matches was given as an alternative to using up the guaranteed matches. At least then the fans would have the choice of how they can support the club financially.

If folk end up being shafted for hard earned cash here then Hearts will 100% lose out in the long run. Cancelled FoH payments, no more money spent on merch and food/drink inside the stadium etc. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

Sorry Dave but the online games will be FROM Tynecastle Park. There is a subtle difference. 

Yeah and it’s only 14 too. 

Gorgie Boot boy

Covid 19 covers all breaches of agreements guarantees, that is Fact. It has nothing to do with Heart Of Midlothian Fc. Why do you not see that Covid 19 is the main fact no fans are as yet to attend games. This may in fact change or stay the same for a good while, at least till next march. What are you going to do during the actual match day live broadcasts ?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Presumably they will have to offer refunds as well? I mean, they surely can’t force you to have a stream if you don’t want one.

"they"

This is not what I agreed to and specifically questioned when purchasing them. Football is not a television show.

Hearts like all clubs should be pressuring the SPFL to lobby the government to allow fans back in. Doncaster as usual is sitting on his arse doing nothing. 

The situation for this season is unique.I cant see any games being played at Tynecastle at least for this year anyway.Im ok with what the clubs done if thats what it takes to keep us going.There are constant messages on how great Hears fans are so its hard to believe how many complaints about this there are. It costs a fortune to run the stadium alone so the season ticket money wont last long.Until we get a clearer picture of how things will pan out I dont think the club could have done anything else.One things for sure though if no

one had bought a season ticket because we didnt know how many games we will be able to attend or how many league games there would be, our much loved club would probably be in a dire financial decision so I always thought of this as a donation and yes weve gave plenty over the last few years but if it means Hearts survival then I will donate again and again for the pleasure of going to see the Jam Tarts.

22 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Hamilton must broadcast live games then ?

I have no idea. I don’t particularly care, either. If they are though, they still have not done the same as us, which was claimed. 

Edited by Paolo

robbies-tackle

I’m curious to know what folk actually thought would happen this season?  It’s been obvious for months now that there is no way supporters were going to be allowed into grounds in any significant numbers to watch matches. Season ticket money is income for the club when the majority of other income streams we rely on have been stopped or reduced significantly. If the club need to give huge amounts of refunds to supporters complaining that they expect their season ticket to mean entry into the stadium then next years budget is blown and we will be reduced to playing the youngsters in (hopefully) the top league. For the hard of understanding the club can’t control Covid and the club can’t decide when to start playing home games in front of fans.
I knew when I bought our 2 season tickets it was unlikely to be “used” for home games but getting the opportunity to watch live Hearts games on tv is the best we’re going to get and I suspect more than other clubs are offering their fans. 

19 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

They’ll definitely be AT Tynecastle as well.

I thought it was pretty vague at the time the guarantee was issued and some people were clearly misled by it and feel aggrieved.  Supporters that have bought multiple tickets for their family group especially so. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

I have no idea. I don’t particularly care, either. If they are though, they still have not done the same as us, which was claimed. 

No idea either , i was curious. I could go look but **** them *****.

56 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If you sign up to International Hearts TV and can get around the VPN. It would also be illegal. 

I am not sure.  Kind of a grey area.  Most anti-virus now comes with a VPN.  

7 minutes ago, robbies-tackle said:

I’m curious to know what folk actually thought would happen this season?  It’s been obvious for months now that there is no way supporters were going to be allowed into grounds in any significant numbers to watch matches. Season ticket money is income for the club when the majority of other income streams we rely on have been stopped or reduced significantly. If the club need to give huge amounts of refunds to supporters complaining that they expect their season ticket to mean entry into the stadium then next years budget is blown and we will be reduced to playing the youngsters in (hopefully) the top league. For the hard of understanding the club can’t control Covid and the club can’t decide when to start playing home games in front of fans.
I knew when I bought our 2 season tickets it was unlikely to be “used” for home games but getting the opportunity to watch live Hearts games on tv is the best we’re going to get and I suspect more than other clubs are offering their fans. 

Fans are back across Europe. Not full houses but decent numbers in Holland, Germany and Poland that I know of. 

I'm going to put the incredible stupidity bashed out on this thread down to massive frustration with life over the past 6 months. 

Heart's supporters are usually very well balanced and intelligent 😉😉

3 minutes ago, robbies-tackle said:

In my opinion, it shouldn’t have been left to interpretation. The clubs communication has been pish. 

Edited by GinRummy

SpruceBringsteen

I'm not wading through 10 pages of spittle, snotter and absolute drivel - anyone able to quickly tell me if it's business as usual for us dirty foreigner fans with Hearts TV? Cheers :thumbsup:

I think you need to bear in mind that when season tickets went on sale the club were doing their utmost to get people to put their hands in their pockets to support the club on the back of a disastrous campaign and in the middle of a crisis. They were desperate and appealed to our better nature, not for the first time it has to be said. It did seem to many (incl those employed at the club it would seem) that a season ticket would be for games in the flesh and while I accept that the crisis has worsened since then the wording at the time was ambiguous. Punishing fans who pay for more than one person in their household (mainly children) is poor no matter which way you like it. Having a go at what are clearly fellow fans for being unhappy about this is also pretty poor.

It's also an appalling strategy for trying to keep fans as many people are clearly unhappy. The way football leverages emotions over logic is being used here, this wouldn't stand up in any other business. 

Bottom line is I will be paying the best part of £750 to watch us on TV for the season. I am unhappy but hey it's Hearts so I will accept it.  I will have to! I am fortunate, I am still in employment but many are not or soon will not be. Hearts are reaching the thin end of the wedge here, in fact for many it may have been reached. For a club that is about to be fan owned at times there appears to be a fairly low regard for us by those in charge.

Edited by Jodami

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Fans are back across Europe. Not full houses but decent numbers in Holland, Germany and Poland that I know of. 

I’m really looking forward to that happening at Tynecastle just for the sick fun of seeing the threads on here when people realise they don’t fit the criteria for being part of reduced capacity crowds. 

My situ for what’s its worth - I bought my first ever season tickets this year due to previous commitments (I lived in England) meaning I was unlikely to get to enough games.  

2 season tickets bought for the same household, my dad and I are self employed and will work saturdays (if not going to a match) and listen to the game on the radio. 

So as much as I love hearts, I will not be sitting at home to watch a live stream of the game if I can be working or even outside playing sport on a Saturday.  It is a vastly different experience.

I understand that is our decision but this was not made clear in the “guarantee”. So to replace the games with a stream seems like a bit of a slap in the face. I would’ve paid to stream the occasional game but I certainly won’t be watching every stream yet it will still cost me close to £700. 

19 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

That image still not showing mate. Hearts will sort it out over time. Things are mental all over the world right now, people acting up all over the place over every single thing. Surely everyone expected or knew deep down inside that it would be unlikely we would be watching the side play for a good while. Mind blowing pettiness. Why is it all of a sudden a big deal. If the dues are paid then the viewing is free. What is going on here ?

I've just realised what image you are talking about, it's just another of life's slaps in the puss that it no longer shows on here. ☹️

Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'm not wading through 10 pages of spittle, snotter and absolute drivel - anyone able to quickly tell me if it's business as usual for us dirty foreigner fans with Hearts TV? Cheers :thumbsup:

You get the cup group games and that’s it. The league streams are being kept for gold and platinum season ticket holders only. By way of compensation the club will sell you a copy of the match day magazine at a 10% discount and put your name on a brick the next time they build a stand. 

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I thought it was pretty vague at the time the guarantee was issued and some people were clearly misled by it and feel aggrieved.  Supporters that have bought multiple tickets for their family group especially. 

No away fans allowed as well. Not too shabby.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I've just realised what image you are talking about, it's just another of life's slaps in the puss that it no longer shows on here. ☹️

Thankful you noticed as i was wondering if the culprit existed outside my head .

Wasn't expecting to be at too many games this season anyway, would be good if the club could chuck in the cup matches as a wee sweetener. 

Put it this way if the team don't get promoted this season this will definitely be a big complaint of mine, however in the unlikely event that that does happen I'll have a hell of a lot of complaints i'm sure. 

If we win the league by a canter which i expect we will then i'll be perfectly happy that my money has gone to good use and will understand the fact that the club will need more money to climb the top league table.

Imagine if we didn't renew our season tickets for the coming season? Even our recent signings could have been out of our price range 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I thought it was pretty vague at the time the guarantee was issued and some people were clearly misled by it and feel aggrieved.  Supporters that have bought multiple tickets for their family group especially so. 

Yes, 'they' will be at Tynecastle but 'you' won't be at Tynecastle which is exactly what it says and what they sold. No ambiguity whatsoever.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What a ****ing shambles. Where do I apply for a refund? 

How can anyone actually defend this?

How many games were you expecting to go to this season in the circumstances?

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Protesting the Governing bodies was the way ahead, taking our club out of the League membership as protest play friendlies exhibitions around the world. Wish i was head of Footballing Arts. The government are the soul power shifters on this one.

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So what about the price differential between Bronze / Gold / Silver / Platinum & PPV?

It's the same stream we'll be watching but some paying a lot more than others. 

Just suck it up? 

Edited by iainmac

11 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am not sure.  Kind of a grey area.  Most anti-virus now comes with a VPN.  

VPNs aren't illegal. Using them for illegal reasons is.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

So what about the price differential between Bronze / Gold / Silver / Platinum & PPV?

It's the same stream we'll be watching it some paying a lot more than others. 

Just suck it up? 

How many games did you expect to watch at Tynecastle? I've lost a lot of money the last 6 months or so, from loss of work income to cancelling things and not getting refunds. If I do book something now it's more in hope than expectation.

Hearts are doing what all the clubs are doing. From what I can see we might actually be making our games more accessible to non ST holders too than some clubs are.

Edited by ToqueJambo

47 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sounds like some students I know 🤣🤣🤣

Thankfully they will mainly be getting taught from distance over Omero and Collaborate this year. 😄

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Could take hearts to court for this 

Right, you could, would like to see how this works out for you. Forge a path..

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

How many games did you expect to watch? I've lost a lot of money the last 6 months or so, from loss of work income to cancelling things and not getting refunds. If I do book something now it's more in hope than expectation.

You've completely ignored my question - why is that? 

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Yes, 'they' will be at Tynecastle but 'you' won't be at Tynecastle which is exactly what it says and what they sold. No ambiguity whatsoever.

We’ll just have to disagree. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

It's the same stream we'll be watching it some paying a lot more than others. 

Just suck it up? 

wait a minute a new pre match experience, folk in the top brass will need to heat up their seat at home.

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah an email from the club isn’t an official communication, I knew would you say it was a fake. Why would he fake it 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆🙈?!?!

I think it is genuine, and if it is, it is a contract.   Whether the poster wants to act  on it, that is their decision.