All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

if anyone is unhappy and paid for a season ticket with a debit / credit card in the last 4 months - you could quite possibly raise a charge back via your bank - obviously you'd better ask tynecastle for a refund first....

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Never said it was fake, just said the whole thing around that email is hazy. It’s certainly not an official statement from the club if it’s just some random employee replying to a fans email. Accept that there should be repercussions for the employee if indeed it happened. Don’t think the comment of an employee locks a company into any specific action or perceived commitment. 
Had you received the email would you really have believed that if no games were played this season then you had a free ticket for next season? 

I've left the employee's name out as I don't want anyone's name on the Internet or to get anyone in trouble. 

I like others predicted something along these lines happening and given the vague "18 game guarantee" wanted it clarified what that actually meant. As far as I'm concerned if I emailed the club and received a response from the club email account that's an official communication and it says I will get 18 games inside Tynecastle. 

If it was made clear it would be streaming then I probably wouldn't of purchased my St and just paid for the stream and game by game thereafter. I'm of the opinion I've been mislead. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Never said it was fake, just said the whole thing around that email is hazy. It’s certainly not an official statement from the club if it’s just some random employee replying to a fans email. Accept that there should be repercussions for the employee if indeed it happened. Don’t think the comment of an employee locks a company into any specific action or perceived commitment. 
Had you received the email would you really have believed that if no games were played this season then you had a free ticket for next season? 

It’s from someone at the club in response to a query, that makes it official I’m afraid as that’s clearly what they’re paid to do.  
I don’t think the person receiving the email thought they would get in for nothing next season, just what they were told by a club official. Why would you doubt what they told you. So you reckon if no games are played this season for whatever reason our ST money is lost? The club guaranteed us 18 home games for that money I’m afraid.   

Edited by Pasquale for King

Will Natural Odours be policing the refund queue to ensure everyone’s wearing an appropriate face mask? He’ll need directions to Tynecastle and parking guidance of course.

24 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If you are a non season ticket holder, out with the Uk, you can get the same stream for less than half the price.  About 13%-25% of the price of a household of five season ticket holders. 

That’s always been the case for the last x years. Every one of our games that’s televised has been available virtually free all around the  world using vpn and other technologies. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s always been the case for the last x years. Every one of our games that’s televised has been available virtually free all around the  world using vpn and other technologies. 

Yes.  But season ticket holders have had access to Tynecastle.  Hearts World subscribers haven’t.  They weren’t paying for the same thing. 

6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

So this needs to be addressed & quickly. 

It might be the "same match" but the experience is night & day. 

I’m personally ok with it as my Mrs was in the ‘shielding’ group so anticipated that I might not get to any/many matches anyway depending on the covid level at any given time and arrangements at stadia, so confirmation of live streaming is a bonus for me. I think any solution might depend on how long matches are played bcd. 

27 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Cheap at the price. I hear that Gary Linekar will be doing the match commentaries and Zoe Ball the half/full time interviews.

I hear we’ve poached Reshmin Chowdhury :wub:

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

Even if everyone was to accept your viewpoint, they need to do something about fair & equitable pricing. 

My seat in the stadium is "Platinum" and priced accordingly, my couch will be much the same as everyone else's! 

I sit in Premium mate and my couch has had it's day :) 

There are definitely some points that could do with being addressed of course.  

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I've left the employee's name out as I don't want anyone's name on the Internet or to get anyone in trouble. 

I like others predicted something along these lines happening and given the vague "18 game guarantee" wanted it clarified what that actually meant. As far as I'm concerned if I emailed the club and received a response from the club email account that's an official communication and it says I will get 18 games inside Tynecastle. 

If it was made clear it would be streaming then I probably wouldn't of purchased my St and just paid for the stream and game by game thereafter. I'm of the opinion I've been mislead. 

Fair enough, cheers.  

41 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

That's not the point. 99.9% of people wouldn't have expected to be at Tynecastle this season but expected to get 18 home games guaranteed whenever possible as that's exactly what the club told us we were getting. 

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

99.9% of people expected to be back at Tynecastle? Not reading the same news I've been then. We'll be lucky if this season starts at all.

Surely the ST is for 2020/21 though and that is stated? The club would no doubt do something if it turns out this season doesn't happen or is cut short?

What am I missing here?

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s from someone at the club in response to a query, that makes it official I’m afraid as that’s clearly what they’re paid to do.  
I don’t think the person receiving the email thought they would get in for nothing next season, just what they were told by a club official. Why would you doubt what they told you. So you reckon if no games are played this season for whatever reason our ST money is lost? The club guaranteed us 18 home games for that money I’m afraid.   

If the season doesn’t start I’m not sure what will happen. Safe to say that in your scenario there’s probably a £4-5m black hole our finances. That’s probably even too much for FoH to bridge. 

People forget that, unlike premier clubs, Hearts are paying for all the cameras and crew in order for us to be able to see our games. They couldn't do this for free and give refunds on St's as well 

6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Yes.  But season ticket holders have had access to Tynecastle.  Hearts World subscribers haven’t.  They weren’t paying for the same thing. 

Lots of folk watch streams of our games who live in this country, city even. Mostly it’s virtually free. My point was you don’t have to be abroad to stream most of our games at virtually zero cost 

On a personal level I'm not too angry about it. I only pay for my own ticket and I'd assumed this would pretty much be the case. Purchasing the ST was a donation more than anything else. 

That being said, the clubs initial email about guaranteeing 18 games was at best ambiguous and at worst flat out deception. 

I'm certain that families of; 3, 4, 5, etc. would not have renewed a season ticket for each of them had they known that the 18 games includes streaming which they could access with one login (or a vastly cheaper HeartsTV pass...). 

4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Where is the email? 
i think this needs to be looked into 

How do you get away with it time and time again, you ain't a Hearts fan never have been, but Dave and Co don't punt you for whatever reason, are you the jkb pet?

Francis Albert

Firstly I have no personal interest in this. In over the last 15 years as an ST holder I have never seen as many as 6 games in any season. It is over 45 years since I saw all or most games at Tynecastle. The opportunity to see all games this season is very welcome and I am looking forward to it. I am and always have been perfectly willing to waive any rights to carry forward games to next season and pay for a full ST next year however many games we play at Tynecastle this season irrespective of what is streamed. But I am lucky I can afford to be so magnanimous.

But the club has here been underhand or at the very least misleading and incompetent. At some point we surely have to question whether the club is being well run. Leaving aside the small matter of the team's performances (normally the main way if not only way a football club's management is judged) we have had the massive stand cost over-run, seat ordering fiasco, redesigns of the stand facilities in mid project, sacking of the architect, failed legal challenge to "relegation".

Was FoH consulted on this latest PR fiasco and if so what was their input? Why not at least offer fans some options? As I said I, and I suspect many others, would have been willing and able to vuluntarily forego the carry over of games to next season's ST and accept that we would just swallow any shortfall in games this season.

Edited by Francis Albert

27 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

Interesting reading the reaction to this. We renewed our season tickets for Crystal Palace for 20/21 season a few weeks ago and this has proved to be very controversial with supporters. We have been effectively charged 17/19ths of last seasons season ticket cost (because the first 2 games will definitely not have fans attending).

We're told that, if fans are allowed back in, we will go into a ballot for attending games. Any games we don't attend will be refunded at the end of the season or we can put the money towards next season. People who don't want to renew have been informed they can pay £200 to 'hold' their season ticket but only if they can confirm they are in a 'vulnerable category' and the money will go towards the cost of next seasons ST. Anyone who doesn't do this or doesn't renew risks losing their seat. This has proved to be the most controversial point.

The first 3 games are being shown on TV - not sure about after that but I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that we would be able to stream them free as ST holders. All in  all, majority of Palace supporters seem unhappy with approach taken by 'already cash-rich owners.'

The difference is that english clubs, in the top two leagues at least, have the benefit of a huge tv deal and are less reliant on punters attending for survival. 

The worst thing about this is the way hearts are packaging the announcement.  They should’ve just came out and told the truth and there wouldn’t be as much back lash.  Could’ve just said look we know this isn’t great but it’s the best solution we can come up with, fans would’ve been more supportive than them treating people like mugs. 

Jambof3tornado
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s the same match whether you watch it at home or in the stadium but it would have been fairer  to charge all seats at the same price.  Presumably, they hoped we would all be back into the stadium by October which was just a tad over optimistic and got us where we are. 

The club must have realised the price difference would rankle many fans.

I'm in the lower wheatfield but would be raging if I had a platinum ST. Its not even about who can afford what its about fairness to all fans.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, farin said:

Fans with multi St’s will feel the hardest done by tbh. I wonder just how many oap fans have no internet access at home for streaming too. This has left a few seriously pissed off though, like you my biggest fear is actually getting this season completed & getting out this division. 

Can't disagree with any of your points.

Hopefully the club can do something for OAP season ticket holders with no internet.

Maybe open up a few of the suites in the ground? Which in its own right would be a bit mad being in the ground but not in the seats.

Gorgie Boot boy
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

What am I missing here?

i am wondering the same, not saying it is the reason your asking though. In general regarding anything relating to Hearts. Insanity is rife .

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

On a personal level I'm not too angry about it. I only pay for my own ticket and I'd assumed this would pretty much be the case. Purchasing the ST was a donation more than anything else. 

That being said, the clubs initial email about guaranteeing 18 games was at best ambiguous and at worst flat out deception. 

I'm certain that families of; 3, 4, 5, etc. would not have renewed a season ticket for each of them had they known that the 18 games includes streaming which they could access with one login (or a vastly cheaper HeartsTV pass...). 

They should offer a reduced price seat retainer fee to those who have family grouping that do not need 3 4 or 5 log ins!!

This has been extremely underhand when the fans have done nothing but back the club to the hilt for years!!!

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The difference is that english clubs, in the top two leagues at least, have the benefit of a huge tv deal and are less reliant on punters attending for survival. 

I agree Dave and I think that's why Palace supporters are so unhappy. Why charge fans for season tickets without any guarantees to attending games (effectively a loan which the club will gain interest on) and, if supporters are unhappy about that, they risk losing seats they have had for years, when the club already receives millions from the TV deal? Different from Hearts and Hearts supporters - I appreciate that.

24 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I sit in Premium mate and my couch has had it's day :) 

There are definitely some points that could do with being addressed of course.  

If I've worked this out correctly, Hearts World International subscribers will get the stream for £6.25 while others pay £32 (or worse in the case of multiple ST's) for the same stream. 

Yet, the usual suspects say "we all expected this, nothing to see here, just move on". 

Truly astonishing! 

As usual there are people being wilfully ignorant in their attempts to defend the club here. Those same people also choose to deflect by accusing others of misunderstanding the situation or having unrealistic expectations.

In reality it is all very simple. The club, in order to entice fans to buy season tickets, offered the ST guarantee. The clear implication of the guarantee was that fans would be allowed tickets to attend 18 home games over the next 2 seasons. This convinced a lot of fans to buy tickets.

The club have now wriggled out of this guarantee on a technicality and by taking advantage of their loose wording in the guarantee.

I myself have said previously that I expected for ST sales next year the club would give the option to fans not to use whatever game credits they had left and to pay full price again next season. I would have done exactly that, whether they be due me 18 games or 1. They'll probably still make that option available, but I'll now take the games I'm due thank you very much.

'But we are only doing what every other club in the land are doing.' No we aren't. Every other club in the land did not offer a ST guarantee.

What could the club have done? Offered ST holders the option: do you want to use 14 of your game credits to subscribe to the streaming service for this season or do you want to keep them for when you can attend matches. Again, I would have taken the streaming service and been happy to do so. Because I would have been given the choice.

People need to understand that this isn't just about who is a better fan and who is more willing to 'support the club.' Many of us complaining are happy to give the level of support the club are asking for. But the way the club goes about these things lately is disgraceful.

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Firstly I have no personal interest in this. In over the last 15 years as an ST holder I have never seen as many as 6 games in any season. It is over 45 years since I saw all or most games at Tynecastle. The opportunity to see all games this season is very welcome and I am looking forward to it. I am and always have been perfectly willing to waive any rights to carry forward games to next season and pay for a full ST next year however many games we play at Tynecastle this season irrespective of what is streamed. But I am lucky I can afford to be so magnanimous.

But the club has here been underhand or at the very least misleading and incompetent. At some point we surely have to question whether the club is being well run. Leaving aside the small matter of the team's performances (normally the main way if not only way a football club's management is judged) we have had the massive stand cost over-run, seat ordering fiasco, redesigns of the stand facilities in mid project, sacking of the architect, failed legal challenge to "relegation".

Was FoH consulted on this latest PR fiasco and if so what was their input? Why not at least offer fans some options? As I said I, and I suspect many others, would have been willing and able to vuluntarily forego the carry over of games to next season's ST and accept that we would just swallow any shortfall in games this season.

There’s not even any doubt in my mind. The cluster**** continues. Two PR disasters within a week before a ball has been kicked in earnest. Disillusionment among fans who have been going above and beyond for years now. It seems that the fans are always the very last consideration, if they’re a consideration at all.

I’m in a position where I didn’t expect much for my ST money this year, as I said above. But this thread makes it perfectly clear that many others are not in that position. The fact that the club apparently did not anticipate any of the issues - or if it did, is deliberately ignoring them in this afternoon’s statement - is incredibly poor.

9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The worst thing about this is the way hearts are packaging the announcement.  They should’ve just came out and told the truth and there wouldn’t be as much back lash.  Could’ve just said look we know this isn’t great but it’s the best solution we can come up with, fans would’ve been more supportive than them treating people like mugs. 

I've asked the club's SM team on Twitter for clarification twice now. No response over 4 hours. 

They don't do themselves any favours. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yes

Thanks, I thought that but some how it wasn’t clear, to me anyway😂 
The whole thing has certainly rankled a few the way it working out. Certainly unfair on those especially with multiple ST in family groups. 

Francis Albert

One other point. They better be bloody sure the stream works unlike the Hearts TV audio which often doesn't.

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, leginten said:

There’s not even any doubt in my mind. The cluster**** continues. Two PR disasters within a week before a ball has been kicked in earnest. Disillusionment among fans who have been going above and beyond for years now. It seems that the fans are always the very last consideration, if they’re a consideration at all.

I’m in a position where I didn’t expect much for my ST money this year, as I said above. But this thread makes it perfectly clear that many others are not in that position. The fact that the club apparently did not anticipate any of the issues - or if it did, is deliberately ignoring them in this afternoon’s statement - is incredibly poor.

Just another example of how out of touch with the fans the current Board are. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

One other point. They better be bloody sure the stream works unlike the Hearts TV audio which often doesn't.

I don't think anyone expects it to be anything other than a complete shambles. zero chance of it working properly with this many folk on it.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

One other point. They better be bloody sure the stream works unlike the Hearts TV audio often doesn't.

I'm afraid there are no guarantees with live streaming. 

You can bookmark this post. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Just another example of how out of touch with the fans the current Board are. 

Iain the board includes two FOH directors. WTF are they doing?

been here before
20 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

'free for season ticket holders' is certainly one way to spin this :lol: Imagine it ****ing wasn't.

Only free if you've paid for it mind.

Season Ticket Guarantee Pledge

The Season Ticket Guarantee pledge will ensure supporters get the full value of their 2020/21 season ticket.

To be absolutely clear, the club is making a very simple pledge to supporters who renew their season ticket for 20/21: no-one will lose out.

A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign. 

If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.

In short, the club is committed to ensuring that no supporter will be left disadvantaged as a result of securing their seat at Tynecastle for the 20/21 season.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Iain the board includes two FOH directors. WTF are they doing?

I've no idea. 

They don't discuss what goes on at Board meetings. 

Having read through the thread and reflected on all the different views being expressed, I retract the comment I made a few hours ago about those who are unhappy with the arrangement as being `moaning minnies`.  Yes, there is a valid point being made here.  Like some others on here I purchased my ST in the hope that doing that would give access to live streaming if we were still not allowed into the stadium.  But there are indeed anomalies here and some are being disadvantaged.  So I apologise.

Still think JiH's reaction about going to court is way OTT.

Not read the whole thread but can't help feeling there has been something lost in translation, surely can't be telling season ticket holders they are getting it free then deduct from season ticket !!

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Having read through the thread and reflected on all the different views being expressed, I retract the comment I made a few hours ago about those who are unhappy with the arrangement as being `moaning minnies`.  Yes, there is a valid point being made here.  Like some others on here I purchased my ST in the hope that doing that would give access to live streaming if we were still not allowed into the stadium.  But there are indeed anomalies here and some are being disadvantaged.  So I apologise.

Still think JiH's reaction about going to court is trolling.

FTFY 

👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If the season doesn’t start I’m not sure what will happen. Safe to say that in your scenario there’s probably a £4-5m black hole our finances. That’s probably even too much for FoH to bridge. 

The club has said it would honour those 18 games this season or next, it would have to. 
Even if we have a 27 game season the four games off next seasons ST will cause problems too, unless there’s a big rise in cost. 

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Not read the whole thread but can't help feeling there has been something lost in translation, surely can't be telling season ticket holders they are getting it free then deduct from season ticket !!

The club haven't clarified anything, so we're all fearing that what you've stated is fact. 

I have heard from fans of other clubs the streams are usually poor. I am still not sure what hearts can do outwith streaming the games. Perhaps been up front when selling the tickets? I am sure they would have been expecting fans back in the stadiums by now but it’s not panned out that way and of course this is no fault of the clubs. Perhaps offered refunds saying 4 of the 18 are going to be streamed.