All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you paid over £1k for three or four you would. 

In your opinion and being in that position I can tell you’re wrong. This year is about supporting the club not about how many games we will physically be at Tynecastle for, in my opinion of course. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Just now, kila said:

Not happy I’ve paid ST prices for a stream.

I’d rather pay for a stream separately and have my 18 games or whatever guaranteed.

Exactly.

18Jambo_dave74
3 minutes ago, BigC said:

I don’t mind donating to the club & had they given me the option to swap my ST for a Hearts TV Subscription I may have said yes.

What I do mind, is being completely taken for granted & the wording in that email, rather than being unclear, actual makes it perfectly clear that they intend to reinterpret their guarantee to take the fans for granted.

i.e. “Guaranteed 18 Games at Tynecastle” Previously meant 18 games watching the match from your seat, but it now means “We’ll show you 18 games at Tynecastle, maybe in person eventually, but for the foreseeable, through a stream on your laptop”.

It means that a guy paying £295 for a Bronze ST gets exactly the same as a guy who has paid £1800 for 4 adult season ticket for his wife & 2 grown up kids (with the exception that the family will be able to watch it on more than one device).

Folk are saying that other clubs have done the same, but I’m pretty sure that only Hearts did the “18 Games at Tynecastle” guaranteed pledge. 

I’m in the process of buying a house & may not have bought that ST had that guarantee not been offered. 

To then make out that a subscription to Hearts TV with a few extra camera angles fulfills that guarantee is completely duplicitous & I don’t see how it’s not a breach of consumer protection laws.

The club need to give fans the option to transfer these games to matches that they can actually attend at Tynecastle.

If they do that, I’ll happily pay £15-20 to stream a game live & keep the club going, but this is a massive 2 fingers to the fans.

Excellent post. 

I'm in a household that has 2 season ticket holders. I have an elderly relative who has purchased a season ticket and does not use (or would even know how to use) the internet. I know others in a similar position. 

As a group of fans we contribute so much to the club financially - season ticket holders, FOH, club shop, Gorgie suite, skyline restaurant, telling the club to keep the money for away matches purchased (Livi & Aberdeen). Due to how we've been treated as a club, fans have stepped up again and backed us financially. 

However, this last week has added to a growing feeling I have of being taken completely for granted and to be honest, as a bit of a mug. Like I say people are desperate to help the club financially (again) but the club has to get real here. This is not just the club that are taking a financial hit  - people are suffering financially through redundancies, pay cuts, furlough, fears over their jobs and their health. This is not a good look for the club to be exploiting people. I totally understand that there are people in a position to deal with this and are more than happy with the club's actions but that does not apply to everyone. 

Let's not forget that whilst we have been shafted by other clubs/SPFL, we were bottom of the league with 8 games to go because of dreadful mismanagement of the club. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well done mate. Not been easy for anyone the old quarantine thing. Hope you’re doing ok. 

Guaranteed. Sorry mate. I have never been quarantined apart from the lockdown situation.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, ramrod said:

Always throw  their money way ? 

Mask slipping  a bit there 

what mask. That is how i see it. I have thought like that since a milk and paper boy. Was my dad that put it in my head. Always throwing your money away on Hearts. Anyways why is it a big deal in your head ?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well it seems you’re in the minority. You would happily pay £100 a match? Yet you can’t see why they’re angry?

Didn’t say I couldn’t see why they would be angry. Just said that I’m in that camp and it’s exactly what I expected to happen when I renewed all 6 tickets. Fully expected credit for 4 games and to watch many, if not all, of the 13/14 on live stream. Have no intention of accepting the credit either. Just like I didn’t  accept the £50 discount on this years season tickets. 

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

I strongly suspect he kicks about the house in a pair of safety specs and a bicycle helmet anyway.

Sounds like some students I know 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s in the ST thread, it’s on this thread. Go look.

FB51066D-0C1E-4431-A7C9-BE092471A26D.jpeg

Was that an official Club statement, or part of a Club media release? 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

what mask. That is how i see it. I have thought like that since a milk and paper boy. Was my dad that put it in my head. Always throwing your money away on Hearts. Anyways why is it a big deal in your head ?

Each to their own , I've never thought of it that way . 

The joy Hearts have given me and my family during my lifetime far out ways any cash I've spent . 

Not regretted a single penny , it's a life style I've loved , warts and all 👍🏻

Toxteth O'Grady

I’m sure the club will have to offer refunds to those who want them because the guarantee cannot be fulfilled. 

I bought mine in the full knowledge that attendance was unlikely so I will happily take the TV offer.

I understand that those who don’t use internet or those that have bought multiple tickets may feel hard done by.

The Zlamal debacle will probably influence the numbers requesting refunds. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Was that an official Club statement, or part of a Club media release? 

It’s an email, it’s on at least two threads and if your dying to see it go and find it.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Each to their own , I've never thought of it that way . 

The joy Hearts have given me and my family during my lifetime far out ways any cash I've spent . 

Not regretted a single penny , it's a life style I've loved , warts and all 👍🏻

Your the same as me then, throwing away money is a fine art as much as my love affair with Hearts, never would i say it was wasted. It is a very thin line we travel. Wish you all the best.

8 minutes ago, Tott said:

Would have been a sensible way to approach it.

14 home games

season ticket money 11,500@ circa £300 per season ticket is about £3.5m  
streaming to say 5,000 viewers @ £20 per game is £1.4m.  
Where does the £2m income shortfall come from? 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Just happy I invested in a Gold season ticket. I pity the poor souls who are having to deal with a Bronze stream. 

Just the one camera angle from row 1 for bronze. Platinum will be from the gantry. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Just happy I invested in a Gold season ticket. I pity the poor souls who are having to deal with a Bronze stream. 

Mine’s a platinum. ☺️

23 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am totally at loss still are people aware of what is going on outside have people been living in a bubble with regards to the current state of the planet? Add to this I also am aware that everyclub in Scotland is doing the same so I am not sure why people expected anything different. 

I agree we should be looking at a blanket one price for a season ticket though and when we get back into the stadium( probably January) people can then upgrade to silver gold etc. 

Every club is not doing the same.  

For example, Hamilton chose not to sell season tickets.  Others who did, did not include a vague guarantee in the terms and conditions of purchase.  

If Hearts were more transparent, I almost certainly would have still bought one.  Most fans would have.   I am not sure a family of five would have bought five, though, which depending on age and seat location, would be potentially close to £1,500-£2,000, for something a Hearts Tv subscriber could get for £13.99 a month. 

Edited by Paolo

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t need to. I’ll not be asking for a refund on either of my tickets. I know what I read though, as do you. The clubs used the phrase ‘guarantee 18 games at tynecastle.’ If you read that differently to me I’ve no argument with you but given that is what they said, I’m sure you’ll agree it’s entirely understandable there is now some dispppointment, anger and confusion. 

Agree re the reason for confusion. Misleading media reporting didn’t help either. 
I did read it differently to you, as per my other post. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

14 home games

Behind all the up front monies we also have benefactors 

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

That my friend would be far too easy , got to say my initial view is this isn’t a great idea 

What did you think would happen with season tickets if supporters aren't allowed to attend the first few games?

What are the premier league clubs in Scotland doing for their supporters who've missed some home games so far?

I thought everything knew that you were buying season tickets with no guarantee that all games would be full filled?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Excellent post. 

I'm in a household that has 2 season ticket holders. I have an elderly relative who has purchased a season ticket and does not use (or would even know how to use) the internet. I know others in a similar position. 

As a group of fans we contribute so much to the club financially - season ticket holders, FOH, club shop, Gorgie suite, skyline restaurant, telling the club to keep the money for away matches purchased (Livi & Aberdeen). Due to how we've been treated as a club, fans have stepped up again and backed us financially. 

However, this last week has added to a growing feeling I have of being taken completely for granted and to be honest, as a bit of a mug. Like I say people are desperate to help the club financially (again) but the club has to get real here. This is not just the club that are taking a financial hit  - people are suffering financially through redundancies, pay cuts, furlough, fears over their jobs and their health. This is not a good look for the club to be exploiting people. I totally understand that there are people in a position to deal with this and are more than happy with the club's actions but that does not apply to everyone. 

Let's not forget that whilst we have been shafted by other clubs/SPFL, we were bottom of the league with 8 games to go because of dreadful mismanagement of the club. 

Absolutely.

"Only Hearts" turns out does not mean "Only Hearts"

"18 games guaranteed at Tynecastle" turns out does not mean that.

I think Hearts communication with the fans needs to improve.

I know most of us are quite happy to just be helping the club just now, but you have to feel for those who have 2/3/4/5 season tickets per household.

I take it those who cant see anything wrong with that are quite happy to go out and buy another 2 or 3 season tickets??

My opinion this is another poor decision by the club.

Must admit, I viewed my ST renewal this season as a donation and expected that the best I would get would be live streaming, which seems to be what will happen. 

But I didn’t read any of the stuff the club put out about the guarantee, so I fully understand the concerns of those who have expressed frustration about physical attendance at matches, numbers of STs bought per household, internet access etc. It seems that today’s communication has not dealt with any of these issues, which is probably as predictable as it is disappointing.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Agree re the reason for confusion. Misleading media reporting didn’t help either. 
I did read it differently to you, as per my other post. 

Never really read about it in the media tbh. I’m not personally bothered by any of it but just think more clarity from the club should’ve been achieved from the outset. 

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A reply to an email.

Yes, so not an official communication from the Club. Not doubting the original poster but there’s no guarantee that it’s genuine, just as there’s no mention of who it’s from. All a bit hazy if you ask me. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Tbf, this is what I expected - games streamed in lieu of actually being able to be there. I’m fine with that.

If you’re a household with four tickets though, you’re paying a lot for not much.

been here before
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Just the one camera angle from row 1 for bronze. Platinum will be from the gantry. 

Which is where my seat is 😄

As an aside Im curious as to how, having shelled out 450 sheets Im getting anything "for free".

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

14 home games

Thats no the issue here.

At the moment..we could have 5000 viewers paying vastly different amounts to watch the same game.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Every club is not doing the same.  

For example, Hamilton chose not to sell season tickets.  Others who did, did not include a vague guarantee in the terms and conditions of purchase.  

If Hearts were more transparent, I almost certainly would have still bought one.  Most fans would have.   I am not sure a family of five would have bigot five, which depending on age and seat location, would be potentially close to £1,500-£2,000, for something a Hearts Tv subscriber could get for £13.99 a month. 

Hamilton must broadcast live games then ?

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Same. We are currently in a global pandemic. I purchased a season ticket more as a donation to keep the club I love going.

Plus will be getting about £75 off my season ticket next season as they will credit back those 4 games.

Wishful thinking, how much was this years credit?

Anyhow, not too many bought a season expecting it to be fulfilled or credited!

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, so not an official communication from the Club. Not doubting the original poster but there’s no guarantee that it’s genuine, just as there’s no mention of who it’s from. All a bit hazy if you ask me. 

Definitely an official communication. Of ot is genuine. Which, given the poster and context of who and when it was posted, suggests it is genuine.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

As an aside Im curious as to how, having shelled out 450 sheets Im getting anything "for free".

You weren’t in marketing either, were you? :sadrobbo:

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Free Kudos sitting in with that mob 

17 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I'm sorry but I cannot understand why people are unhappy about this. The feeling of entitlement among our fans is staggering. 

It's not a"feeling" of entitlement, it's an "actual" entitlement.

Just now, Tott said:

Thats no the issue here.

At the moment..we could have 5000 viewers paying vastly different amounts to watch the same game.

The issue is survival. Fans are getting to watch the games they paid to watch. Granted it’s not in the stadium and granted there’s an issue around multiple season tickets in a single household. I’m in that camp and it’s a case of take a view of it and move on. If a refund is available you can take that option. Every actual at the stadium home game we have people paying from £6 to £150 to watch the same game. Even those without hospitality the range is £6-£30. 

Guest ToqueJambo

What's the seethe for now? Aren't all of the Ts&Cs for Sts completely vague right now as no one knows what will happen?

The Hibs 2020/21 ones say this "This season ticket permits you to occupy your allocated seat for all Hibernian FC first team SPFL League matches at Easter Road Stadium in the season to which it relates."

Note the "ALL". Clearly Hibs fans are not able to go to ALL the games. The Hibs ones also say "NO REFUNDS can be given under any circumstances whether in relation to matches which are rearranged, cancelled, voided or abandoned."

Aren't we doing what all clubs are doing?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yeah an email from the club isn’t an official communication, I knew would you say it was a fake. Why would he fake it 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆🙈?!?!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did people buying STs seriously expect to go to all the games at the stadium? It was a leap of faith, same as paying into FoH with no guarantee of saving the club.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Very disappointing from Hearts it has to be said. 

Twice this week they top brass have made questionable decisions against what the majority of fans would wish. 

It's not great. 

Dougie Masterton
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The 18 matches online will be at Tynecastle Park. 

Sorry Dave but the online games will be FROM Tynecastle Park. There is a subtle difference. 

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s his point. A guarantee is a guarantee. There’s nothing ambiguous about that. He bought his ticket and he’s now not getting what he bought. I’ve not read one decent argument to defend the club offering something as a guarantee that they could not actually guarantee. It’s poor stuff and there is no defending it imo. 

Thank you. Exactly this. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, graygo said:

That image still not showing mate. Hearts will sort it out over time. Things are mental all over the world right now, people acting up all over the place over every single thing. Surely everyone expected or knew deep down inside that it would be unlikely we would be watching the side play for a good while. Mind blowing pettiness. Why is it all of a sudden a big deal. If the dues are paid then the viewing is free. What is going on here ?