All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

I dont.

I pay extra for Platinum for a cushioned seat and being kept at arms length from the riff raff.

Watching games at home means Im only getting half of that.

I upgraded my seat for this season 😅

Could have saved myself a few hundred quid and got the stream for £12.99 a month/game or whatever it is. 

I laugh but realistically you've got families who have probably shelled out thousands at a time when finances are tight and job security will be a concern and all they're getting is a £13 stream. Anyone who feels misled should be entitled to a refund if they want it although I wouldn't be surprised if the club wriggle their way out of it. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its a difficult situation though.

in a nutshell. No one can predict which way this will pan out it changes almost everyday. 

coatbridgejambo

What if folk decide not to purchase any of the streams?

Apologies if already mentioned 

Haven't caught up 

Just now, coatbridgejambo said:

What if folk decide not to purchase any of the streams?

Apologies if already mentioned 

Haven't caught up 

It’s a very good point, and one of many not even vaguely addressed in this afternoon’s content-lite statement.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

If I've worked this out correctly, Hearts World International subscribers will get the stream for £6.25 while others pay £32 (or worse in the case of multiple ST's) for the same stream. 

Yet, the usual suspects say "we all expected this, nothing to see here, just move on". 

Truly astonishing! 

I suspect you are right.  I also suspect those defending it will never criticise Hearts, or Budge, even when she backed loser Levein.  

Guest ToqueJambo

The club should offer refunds to family groups (or maybe everyone) that say they read the guarantee to mean attending 18 games minimum in person and there's no way to carry them over or something. Sounds tricky logistically. If you're a Hearts supporting family abroad you only need to pay for one Hearts TV membership so a family of four sitting at home having paid for four seats isn't great. You do run the risk people will game the system and buy one PPV pass but invite a bunch of people round or stream it somehow.

However, if Hearts have used ST money to buy what sounds like a good TV system to provide a better experience than Hearts TV usually does... what then? A lot is riding on the Thistle stream going well it seems.

Edited by ToqueJambo

For those who genuinely thought they’d be watching football in any meaningful way this season 😂 crack on and ask for a refund 👍🏻when hearts wrote their promotional material no doubt they thought the worst of the crisis would be over by October.

have to say I’m surprised and disappointed at the reaction..  I haven’t seen hibs supporters crying, Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers 🤷‍♂️ - anyone in fact!!
Football fans worldwide  have been disadvantaged like we have! They have bought their season tickets knowing that football would not be that likely! Knew that this was simply about seeing their club through the most difficult period since the Second World War and that any football would be a bonus .. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, farin said:

It will for the ones who actually have internet access, hopefully the club spare a thought for the ones that don’t tbh. Whether that anomaly crossed their minds before announcing this remains to be seen tbh. 

I would be very surprised if many senior fans bought tickets expecting to be able to go to games any time soon. No idea. I certainly wouldn't let my old man go. Only the club has the spread of ages, etc.

Not read the thread at all to be honest but I’m wondering if there are many out there that share my viewpoint (the fact this has got to 14 pages suggests I might be in the minority here 😬)...

Bought season ticket for this year. 

No interested in any “guarantees” re games. 

Therefore, no bothered in the slightest about this TV steaming thing. 

Edit. Just read the last couple of pages and must admit I’d not taken into account a number of factors about this ‘deal’. Ultimately though, I’m no bothered...but I can see how it’s a bit bad craic from the club here. 

Edited by Mr Sifter

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

For those who genuinely thought they’d be watching football in any meaningful way this season 😂 crack on and ask for a refund 👍🏻 

football supporters world wide have been disadvantaged, when hearts wrote their promotional material no doubt they thought the worst of the crisis would be over by October.

have to say I’m surprised and disappointed at the reaction..  I haven’t seen hibs supporters crying, Aberdeen, Celtic, rangers 🤷‍♂️ - anyone in fact!! Football fans worldwide  have been disadvantaged like we have! They have bought their season tickets knowing that football would not be that likely! Knew that this was simply about seeing their club through the most difficult period since the Second World War and that any football would be a bonus .. 

Hibs fans demanded refunds for the games they missed last season. 

This is exactly why I avoided buying a season ticket this year.

you were basically taking a huge risk buying a ticket because none of us knew what was going to happen, hearts couldn't possibly know what the government would do but they assumed things would be normal by now which they aren't. 

The club should've worded things differently and made it clear that fans might not be allowed back into stadiums so you'd be buying at your own risk. 

1 minute ago, eduardo.j said:

you were basically taking a huge risk buying a ticket because none of us knew what was going to happen, hearts couldn't possibly know what the government would do but they assumed things would be normal by now which they aren't. 

The club should've worded things differently and made it clear that fans might not be allowed back into stadiums so you'd be buying at your own risk. 

IMO they did the opposite with the "Season Ticket Guarantee". 

been here before
2 minutes ago, eduardo.j said:

kingsuperduperuber did.

Edited by been here before

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

If I've worked this out correctly, Hearts World International subscribers will get the stream for £6.25 while others pay £32 (or worse in the case of multiple ST's) for the same stream. 

Yet, the usual suspects say "we all expected this, nothing to see here, just move on". 

Truly astonishing! 

Having been a Hearts World subscriber in a previous life living abroad you do know that every one of them are insanely jealous of everyone at the game don't you and would happily be forking out the price of an actual ticket? 

For what it's worth I lived abroad when Hearts went into admin and paid for Hearts TV and into FoH for 3 years without setting foot in Tynecastle during that time. Spent maybe over £800 not to see Hearts in real life. Every individual has their own expectation of what they get back for their money I suppose and decide themselves how much supporting Hearts is worth.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

For those who genuinely thought they’d be watching football in any meaningful way this season 😂 crack on and ask for a refund 👍🏻when hearts wrote their promotional material no doubt they thought the worst of the crisis would be over by October.

have to say I’m surprised and disappointed at the reaction..  I haven’t seen hibs supporters crying, Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers 🤷‍♂️ - anyone in fact!!
Football fans worldwide  have been disadvantaged like we have! They have bought their season tickets knowing that football would not be that likely! Knew that this was simply about seeing their club through the most difficult period since the Second World War and that any football would be a bonus .. 

in which case the club shouldn’t have offered 18 games at tynecastle or even added that some of the games may be streams only. 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Hibs fans demanded refunds for the games they missed last season. 

they did, and bought them for this knowing football was unlikely. 

’m not sure what shocks me most! The actual genuine surprise (do people not watch the news or study what’s happening in the world)  or the crying! 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

kingsuperduperuber did.

I did. 😂 I’ve been consistent from day one on this subject in both the terrace and the shed..

it’s because I do this thing called reading - and don’t believe in miracles

I’m sure people who are unhappy can will be able to get a refund.. I’ve no issue with that..

im just laughing at this notion we’d all be back to normal and the genuine surprise to what has been announced

Edited by kingantti1874

30 minutes ago, been here before said:

I dont.

I pay extra for Platinum for a cushioned seat and being kept at arms length from the riff raff.

Watching games at home means Im only getting half of that.

Shit couch or family of shitebags?

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

IMO they did the opposite with the "Season Ticket Guarantee". 

That was referring to the fact that the season was shorter and we had 4 less home games, fans are now clutching at straws saying it ment all 18 games which it clearly didn't. 

Again worded poorly by hearts but that depends on how you read it. 

’m not sure what shocks me most! The actual genuine surprise (do people not watch the news or study what’s happening in the world)  or the crying! 

So HWi subscribers get 2 games for £12.50 but some of us have to pay £64 (and more)  for the exact same games and you're surprised that people are "crying"? 

By any standards,  that's just ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Not read the thread at all to be honest but I’m wondering if there are many out there that share my viewpoint (the fact this has got to 14 pages suggests I might be in the minority here 😬)...

Bought season ticket for this year. 

No interested in any “guarantees” re games. 

Therefore, no bothered in the slightest about this TV steaming thing. 

I'm the same as you, but it will be a bigger issue for households or families buying multiple season tickets when a single HeartsTV subscription would suffice. 

I've accepted the value for money for my ST is going to be appalling, but I'd be pretty furious if I'd forked out for ST's for a wife and 3 kids in addition to my own. 

1 minute ago, eduardo.j said:

That was referring to the fact that the season was shorter and we had 4 less home games, fans are now clutching at straws saying it ment all 18 games which it clearly didn't. 

Your last sentence contradicts your view that "fans are now clutching at straws". 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Having been a Hearts World subscriber in a previous life living abroad you do know that every one of them are insanely jealous of everyone at the game don't you and would happily be forking out the price of an actual ticket? 

Ah I see, this is about making Hearts World subscribers feel better about themselves?

Just now, iainmac said:

So HWi subscribers get 2 games for £12.50 but some of us have to pay £64 (and more)  for the exact same games and you're surprised that people are "crying"? 

By any standards,  that's just ridiculous. 

not as ridiculous as believing that there would be a miracle, the virus would disappear and the government would allow fans to attend matches in any serious numbers.

Just now, The Fonz said:

I'm the same as you, but it will be a bigger issue for households or families buying multiple season tickets when a single HeartsTV subscription would suffice. 

I've accepted the value for money for my ST is going to be appalling, but I'd be pretty furious if I'd forked out for ST's for a wife and 3 kids in addition to my own. 

Defo mate. Was only looking through my eyes at this situation. As you say tho, for others, this must feel like a right kick in the baws. Who TF is making these decisions? 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

not as ridiculous as believing that there would be a miracle, the virus would disappear and the government would allow fans to attend matches in any serious numbers.

The Scottish Government were looking at September for fans possibly being back in when STs were on sale,  hence why the Championship is scheduled to start in October. 

We can't all be Mystic Meg. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

The worst thing about this is the way hearts are packaging the announcement.  They should’ve just came out and told the truth and there wouldn’t be as much back lash.  Could’ve just said look we know this isn’t great but it’s the best solution we can come up with, fans would’ve been more supportive than them treating people like mugs. 

Spot on 

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you are missing the point completely. If they said live streams were included and part of the season ticket then people wouldn’t be complaining. But they never. Stop having a go a people who may have thought they might have been in the stadium. That fact that supporters have been missold is the problem.

Guest ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, eduardo.j said:

Unless the guarantee suggested 18 games would be spread over different seasons, which it doesn't seem to have as you're clearly buying a ticket for 20/21, I'm not sure how anyone thought Hearts could guarantee 18 home games in Tynecastle when they might not even be able to guarantee 18 streamed games if the Championship doesn't start or is cut short.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

The new chief exec may not see out the season lol

Friendly against Hibs or Celtic would finish him off 😜

Just now, iainmac said:

The Scottish Government were looking at September for fans possibly being back in when STs were on sale,  hence why the Championship is scheduled to start in October. 

We can't all be Mystic Meg. 

Trying to manage the message, nothing more there was never ever any data to support that outcome.

at the end of the day it’s shite, and let’s be honest the absolute last thing that everyone at the club want to happen!  

but it is what it is.. if the club refunded all ST now we will be in administration before the end of September.

it’s that simple. 

Mia that no kind of missing the point tho mate? Hearts gave an 18 match guarantee. Now whether it took one, two, three or four seasons to amass those 18 games shouldnae matter. The fact is they ‘did’ give this ‘guarantee’. Looks like they’re reneging on it now tho, and that’s what’s pissing folk off. 

Seems that their ‘guarantee’, just like their ‘Only Hearts’, differs from the fans interpretations. Someone somewhere at Tynie is making these decisions and they’re massively misjudging the mood in the room here. That doesnae auger well for the future IMO 😕

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Unless the guarantee suggested 18 games would be spread over different seasons, which it doesn't seem to have as you're clearly buying a ticket for 20/21, I'm not sure how anyone thought Hearts could guarantee 18 home games in Tynecastle when they might not even be able to guarantee 18 streamed games if the Championship doesn't start or is cut short.

It did. 14 now and four in 20-21. 

8ED56B17-87A6-4F4A-A14E-DB2FFE581D4D.jpeg

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

you are missing the point completely. If they said live streams were included and part of the season ticket then people wouldn’t be complaining. But they never. Stop having a go a people who may have thought they might have been in the stadium. That fact that supporters have been missold is the problem.

you think they did it on purpose? I’m sure like people on here that they genuinely thought that would be the case

they haven’t done this deliberately.. 

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Mia that no kind of missing the point tho mate? Hearts gave an 18 match guarantee. Now whether it took one, two, three or four seasons to amass those 18 games shouldnae matter. The fact is they ‘did’ give this ‘guarantee’. Looks like they’re reneging on it now tho, and that’s what’s pissing folk off. 

Seems that their ‘guarantee’, just like their ‘Only Hearts’, differs from the fans interpretations. Someone somewhere at Tynie is making these decisions and they’re massively misjudging the mood in the room here. That doesnae auger well for the future IMO 😕

Bang on! 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You said above that the club probably thought the worst of this would be over by October at the time it produced “the pledge”. Was it being ridiculous? Why would the fans not think the same?

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

you think they did it on purpose? I’m sure like people on here that they genuinely thought that would be the case

they haven’t done this deliberately.. 

I’m not saying they’ve done this on purpose, I just think it’s us being badly ran again. So many PR disasters. But yet again, don’t come out and say one thing to get sales then go against it once all the money is in the bank.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Trying to manage the message, nothing more there was never ever any data to support that outcome.

at the end of the day it’s shite, and let’s be honest the absolute last thing that everyone at the club want to happen!  

but it is what it is.. if the club refunded all ST now we will be in administration before the end of September.

it’s that simple. 

Fair enough and true, but the club should have come out and said that rather than season ticket holders were getting to watch for free ( if it is going to count as a game of their ticket which I can't quite still believe ) 

Edited by steve123

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s that simple. 

Very true. The PR has been shite, and definitely needs addressed, but it should never detract from the facts you’ve posted above. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

People are rightly surprised that the club using the term guarantee and then going back on it, had the club said that we’ll get to see every home game either in person or online then it’s fine and I for one would still have bought my season ticket.

My understanding when I bought the season ticket was that I was buying a ticket to attend the next 18 games that I’d be allowed into and fully expected that to run into next season. I didn’t at any point expect streaming access in a like for like exchange, at the very least I’d expect a streamed game to only could as half of an attended game.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, kila said:

Ah I see, this is about making Hearts World subscribers feel better about themselves?

I thought maybe Hearts would just open Hearts TV to everyone. Can we survive on that income though? It sounds like we've sold Sts and have invested in a much better system so they can get better coverage than Hearts Tv would normally provide.. Last time I watched hearts Tv it was one crappy camera angle behind the dugout the whole game.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

People are rightly surprised that the club using the term guarantee and then going back on it, had the club said that we’ll get to see every home game either in person or online then it’s fine and I for one would still have bought my season ticket.

My understanding when I bought the season ticket was that I was buying a ticket to attend the next 18 games that I’d be allowed into and fully expected that to run into next season. I didn’t at any point expect streaming access in a like for like exchange, at the very least I’d expect a streamed game to only could as half of an attended game.

Hindsight is great. A month or so ago everyone seemed to be expecting full crowds to be at games. The SFA had been counting on a full Hampden just one month or so from now 🤣

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s that simple. 

Sorry but who has suggested the club should refund all STs now?

Or even suggested it as a scenario. Apart from you.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I suppose they could resolve the Hearts World anomaly by making it ppv or charging them £50 a month during the season. Watch this space  😜

They'd still be £14 up on me. 😁