All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I know so many people on here love talking up Hibs at the same time as talking down hearts but how is "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games" different from "guaranteeing 18 games at Tynecastle".

The Hibs one can be read as this ticket only gives you access to online games as "live coverage" is a weird way of saying attending games. Clearly if you read down though that's not true.

Both to mind mind simply say you can watch all your team's home games live. It doesn't state a specific number at the stadium or in your house because clubs can't know that.

As I say the big difference is other people can't just do PPV to watch games for less. If that's the big issue it seems to be for some, then that's easy to solve. And also Hibs have copped a lot of flak for restricting access.

Do you really not see the difference in those two statements? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You tell me what's the big difference between these two statements:

"guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games"

"guaranteed 18 games at Tynecastle"

Both say the same thing - ST holders get to watch all their team's home games live. The difference is that's exclusive for Hibs ST holders.

What about the line under it? And the second line from the bottom?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Do you really not see the difference in those two statements? 

Nope. They both refer to watching home fixtures and neither specifies how you'll be watching. I can see how it can be read the other way. In the current circumstances that's weird though as obviously Hearts and no club can guarantee anything.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Here is how Hibs actually marketed their season tickets. Clear, straight forward language.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654

All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

- Until normal capacity is restored at Easter Road, season ticket holders will have free access to Hibs TV.

- Receive a free digital matchday programme via email.

- Have first viewing access of all non-matchday related Hibs TV content.

- Receive exclusive content quarterly.

- Benefit from season ticket holder-only partner promotions and discounts.

- Enjoy free entry into monthly competitions to win Hibernian prizes, ranging from signed memorabilia, access to training sessions and meet and greets with players and staff.

- Have the opportunity to help shape future matchday experiences, taking part in season ticket-holder only surveys.

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so.

- Have secured their seat for season 2020/21 and have first option for renewal for season 2021/22.http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654

Apart from losing out on selling the games to others they’ve done that quite well. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I know so many people on here love talking up Hibs at the same time as talking down hearts but how is "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games" different from "guaranteeing 18 games at Tynecastle".

The Hibs one can be read as this ticket only gives you access to online games as "live coverage" is a weird way of saying attending games. Clearly if you read down though that's not true.

Both to mind mind simply say you can watch all your team's home games live. It doesn't state a specific number at the stadium or in your house because clubs can't know that.

As I say the big difference is other people can't just do PPV to watch games for less with the Hibs model. If that's the big issue it seems to be for some, then that's easy to solve. And also Hibs have copped a lot of flak for restricting access.

I stopped reading halfway through the sentence, and wondered why you are replying to me. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs literally use the word guarantee - "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games"

Did you read the text around it? They aren't guaranteeing being at 18 games. They are clearly guaranteeing getting live coverage until  on Hibs TV until normal capacity is restored when it will revert to being at the game (at the game meaning in the ground). Again really not that difficult to understand unless you are being totally obtuse. But that seems to be your approach.  

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, LMc said:

What about the line under it? And the second line from the bottom?

These two? They both apply to Hearts ST holders too don't they? The big difference I can see is Hibs ST holders have EXCLUSIVE access to Hibs TV.

- Until normal capacity is restored at Easter Road, season ticket holders will have free access to Hibs TV.

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Did you read the text around it? They aren't guaranteeing being at 18 games. They are clearly guaranteeing getting live coverage until  on Hibs TV until normal capacity is restored when it will revert to being at the game (at the game meaning in the ground). Again really not that difficult to understand unless you are being totally obtuse. But that seems to be your approach.  

That's the same with Hearts isn't it? Or are you saying games watched on Hibs TV won't count and they'll carry over or something? That's not clear to me at all. Am I missing something (probably). Won't Hearts St holders watch games on Tv then go to the ground when allowed, same as all other fans?

Or is the beef that Hearts used a specific number of games? Isn't that just the number of home games, ie it's the same as saying "all" home games, like Hibs have done.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The club should have just been up front with the fans from the get go (see the Hibs statement for a template on how to do so). 

I'd bet that being transparent in that streamed games would count as one of your guaranteed "18 at Tynecastle" would have still seen folk renew in significant numbers. We got 11k despite being in a pub league and winning 4 games last season....

What we have now is yet another PR catastrophe and the club have angered supporters that have continued to back them to the hilt in spite of continued failure. 

Those on this thread who fail to acknowledge that folk have been misled are either club shills or just complete sycophants. 

Dennis Reynolds

These two? They both apply to Hearts ST holders too don't they? The big difference I can see is Hibs ST holders have EXCLUSIVE access to Hibs TV.

I honestly have no words. Such a lost cause.

Nope. They both refer to watching home fixtures and neither specifies how you'll be watching. I can see how it can be read the other way. In the current circumstances that's weird though as obviously Hearts and no club can guarantee anything.

Hearts guaranteed it by saying "If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22." They were clear that way to offer the guarantee was by rolling forward into a future season.

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I stopped reading halfway through the sentence, and wondered why you are replying to me. 

I got to word 10 , and knew what was coming next.

6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Spammers don't care who they reply to. 😁

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, LMc said:

I honestly have no words. Such a lost cause.

Clearly I'm missing something. Sorry will read the stuff again. Tend to get triggered by all the constant ****ing stick so called Hearts fans give their own club.

Form what I can see the wording is vague enough that not everyone agrees what Hearts were promising. From what I can see both the Hearts and Hibs STs state holders are guaranteed to see all home games live.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hearts guaranteed it by saying "If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22." They were clear that way to offer the guarantee was by rolling forward into a future season.

That is vague. Can mean online or at the ground, same as Hibs saying "guaranteed live coverage". Has it been confirmed there won't be a rollover? I imagine if the outcry in real life is as big as on here they will do what people say they promised to do.

And has it been confirmed Hearts will definitely not do some sort of rollover or refund if things get as bad as we think they might? So many things can change. No idea how anyone can expect anything.

Edited by ToqueJambo

17 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Those who believe "guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park" means the match will be at Tynecastle and you will watch at home must live pretty weird lives. Presumably if they bought a ticket for a flight to Paris which turned out to be overbooked they'd say "No worries. Don't put me on another flight. I'm aware that overbooking is a possibility. The main thing is the flight has arrived at Paris". Then instead of their romantic weekend in Paris they book a meal at a restaurant in Edinburgh and then sit at home wondering why their meal hasn't arrived.

The club should never have offered the 'guarantee', that implied that it would get you attendance at 18 games. No other club did this. Other clubs either made clear that some games would be online if behind closed doors, one or two (Hamilton Ross County?) decided against selling season tickets and are just selling individual games. I always thought the guarantee seemed a bad idea as (on my assumption it would actually be honoured) it was storing up financial pain for later.

Having decided they were going to welch on their guarantee they have compounded the issue by trying to paint this as some great service to season ticket holders. They would have been far better emailing fans to say they'd got it wrong but the offer they made was unsustainable, that the need for games to be behind closed doors looks expectantly long, said supporter could email them to get a refund (or maybe take up the terms of the original pledge), and then begged in grovelling tones for season ticket holders not to take the refund if they could possibly afford it to help support the club through this challenging time, acknowledging that once again they were abusing the loyalty and better nature of our support.

They should probably have accepted that they couldn't also offer a pay per view option as to offer it at any sensible price is going to leave many season ticket holders feeling even more ripped off.

Do that and I think the financial hit and loss of good will is lower.

Another total comms disaster from the club (and for the record it is for the big mistakes like this that are going to you should avoid burning huge amount of supporter good will on stupid small stuff like doing St Mirren a favour at the weekend, which just leave supporters less receptive to epic cock ups).

Well summarised and exactly where I am.

I'm happy to make a donation but really annoyed about the way the club have handed this. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's the same with Hearts isn't it? Or are you saying games watched on Hibs TV won't count and they'll carry over or something? That's not clear to me at all. Am I missing something (probably). Won't Hearts St holders watch games on Tv then go to the ground when allowed, same as all other fans?

Or is the beef that Hearts used a specific number of games? Isn't that just the number of home games, ie it's the same as saying "all" home games, like Hibs have done.

The product is the same the sales pitch is entirely different.

Hearts said that your season ticket "guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park". Saying 'you' and 'at Tynecastle Park' implies that you will be at the stadium for those 18 games. You might claim that it can be read another way, but given that Hearts in the same communication said that they were being "absolutely clear" and "making a very simple pledge" it is reasonable to expect supporters to have applied a very unusual interpretation to the statement.

The other Hibs, pitched there product as explicitly including games on TV while it wasn't possible to have all season ticket holders in the ground.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Genuinely lost. Will go for a lie down. It's hard at times to separate genuine seethe from trolls and Budge haters. It tends to be the same people.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That is vague. Can mean online or at the ground, same as Hibs saying "guaranteed live coverage". Has it been confirmed there won't be a rollover? I imagine if the outcry in real life is as big as on here they will do what people say they promised to do.

And has it been confirmed Hearts will definitely not do some sort of rollover or refund if things get as bad as we think they might? So many things can change. No idea how anyone can expect anything.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/amp/english/live-coverage

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The product is the same the sales pitch is entirely different.

Hearts said that your season ticket "guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park". Saying 'you' and 'at Tynecastle Park' implies that you will be at the stadium for those 18 games. You might claim that it can be read another way, but given that Hearts in the same communication said that they were being "absolutely clear" and "making a very simple pledge" it is reasonable to expect supporters to have applied a very unusual interpretation to the statement.

The other Hibs, pitched there product as explicitly including games on TV while it wasn't possible to have all season ticket holders in the ground.

So if Hearts had said "A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you access to live coverage of 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign. " that would be clearer? Fair enough. I still think in the context of the pandemic, any guarantees of in person games are tricky and I would always read it with that in mind.

I'm not sure this is the club deliberately ripping fans off or misleading them as is being made out.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Genuinely lost. Will go for a lie down. It's hard at times to separate genuine seethe from trolls and Budge haters. It tends to be the same people.

Or you could go and actually read the Hearts statements, which you don't seem to have bothered to do.

You ask "Has it been confirmed there won't be a rollover?" This was confirmed in the statement from Hearts today that was posted right at the start of the thread.

"The Jambos are set to play 14 home league games this season, therefore four fixtures will be credited to those who renew for 21/22 – in line with the 18 game guarantee."

Although maybe you have another way to read that too?

Edited by Saint Jambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Or you could go and actually read the Hearts statements, which you don't seem to have bothered to do.

You ask "Has it been confirmed there won't be a rollover?" This was confirmed in the statement from Hearts today that was posted right at the start of the thread.

"The Jambos are set to play 14 home league games this season, therefore four fixtures will be credited to those who renew for 21/22 – in line with the 18 game guarantee."

Although maybe you have another way to ready that too?

Genuinely don't know. I read the posts here that the statement itself was vague so there was more to come. 

There are so many ****wits constantly doing Hearts down on here I get triggered and instinctively want to defend the club. Maybe there is a clear case here. We'll see how Hearts respond.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, LMc said:

Exactly. Strange language for Hibs to use. 

All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Yes, 'they' will be at Tynecastle but 'you' won't be at Tynecastle which is exactly what it says and what they sold. No ambiguity whatsoever.

Nonsense 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Those who believe "guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park" means the match will be at Tynecastle and you will watch at home must live pretty weird lives. Presumably if they bought a ticket for a flight to Paris which turned out to be overbooked they'd say "No worries. Don't put me on another flight. I'm aware that overbooking is a possibility. The main thing is the flight has arrived at Paris". Then instead of their romantic weekend in Paris they book a meal at a restaurant in Edinburgh and then sit at home wondering why their meal hasn't arrived.

The club should never have offered the 'guarantee', that implied that it would get you attendance at 18 games. No other club did this. Other clubs either made clear that some games would be online if behind closed doors, one or two (Hamilton Ross County?) decided against selling season tickets and are just selling individual games. I always thought the guarantee seemed a bad idea as (on my assumption it would actually be honoured) it was storing up financial pain for later.

Having decided they were going to welch on their guarantee they have compounded the issue by trying to paint this as some great service to season ticket holders. They would have been far better emailing fans to say they'd got it wrong but the offer they made was unsustainable, that the need for games to be behind closed doors looks expectantly long, said supporter could email them to get a refund (or maybe take up the terms of the original pledge), and then begged in grovelling tones for season ticket holders not to take the refund if they could possibly afford it to help support the club through this challenging time, acknowledging that once again they were abusing the loyalty and better nature of our support.

They should probably have accepted that they couldn't also offer a pay per view option as to offer it at any sensible price is going to leave many season ticket holders feeling even more ripped off.

Another total comms disaster from the club (and for the record it is for the big mistakes like this that are going to you should avoid burning huge amount of supporter good will on stupid small stuff like doing St Mirren a favour at the weekend, which just leave supporters less receptive to epic cock ups).

Another great post. 

8 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Nonsense 

Absolute nonsense 

"If it wasn't for mentioning these pesky seats,  we'd have gotten away with it"

Screenshot_20200916-222540.jpg

Edited by iainmac

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, jambali said:

Are people really saying they expect not to renew their season ticket until they have been present at 18 games live in the stadium? That would be a good way to really damage our club as we continue to have costs all the time.

No-one is saying that.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Absolute nonsense 

"If it wasn't for mentioning these pesky seats,  we'd have gotten away with it"

Screenshot_20200916-222540.jpg

Aye, but that could mean the seat in your house obviously.

:getout:

44 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Going to buck the trend here.  I’d rather pay the price of a match ticket to watch us on a stream on a Sat afternoon than us not play at all and be in financial ruin.  I’ll be paying for my ST next summer as well.  I didn’t renew based on the credit system, I renewed to help the club and guarantee my seat if we got back into the stadium this season.  Appreciate that others feel differently, and that’s equally valid imo. Was never going to be an ideal scenario.  

My view as well

1 minute ago, LMc said:

It could - if it wasn't for the 2 words that followed the word "seat". 

At Tynecastle. 

1 minute ago, LMc said:

The seat is secured, just because you can't physically sit in it doesn't make it any less so. Silly troll. 

*I'm joking, but I'm sure other posters on this thread would post that without a hint of irony. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, The Fonz said:

The seat is secured, just because you can't physically sit in it doesn't make it any less so. Silly troll. 

*I'm joking, but I'm sure other posters on this thread would post that without a hint of irony. 

🤣 Exactly

Holyrood_Hearts
51 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Spot on here

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

It could - if it wasn't for the 2 words that followed the word "seat". 

At Tynecastle. 

I was being deliberately obtuse :wink:

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

"At Tynecastle" is also another way of saying "home fixture".

The point is, how could Hearts possibly guarantee attending 18 games at the ground? It is open to interpretation it seems which I get is an issue.

For me, and others on here, there's no way Hearts or any club can guarantee any number of home games with crowds at the game.

Hearts didn't guarantee any number of games at Tynecastle. They promised something else which frankly they have totally reneged on. However imaginatively some choose to reinterpret what the club said. Loyalty is good. Blind loyalty is dangerous.

Edited by Francis Albert

This thread is embarrassing. 

The clubs communication and public relations have been shocking, short sighted, ignorant. No arguments from me on that one. 

I'm sure when season tickets were being punted in Spring the club didn't envisage a scenario with no/very few fans in grounds for most of the coming season. It's looking more and more like that'll be the case. We are where we are. 

We're in the middle of a global pandemic, businesses everywhere are making it up as they go along, Hearts are no different. I'm more than happy to take Hearts TV coverage of home games as towards my 18 season ticket matches at Tynecastle. My wife, a season ticket holder at Pittodrie, is getting a comparable deal with Aberdeen TV coverage of home league matches. Ditto Hibs fans. I'd wager season ticket holders of most clubs are.

I'll say again, the marketing, comms and PR we've seen from Hearts since summer 2019 has been catastrophic. But given the way the pandemic has progressed, and the general direction of travel as far as the Covid19 world goes, what did people expect that won't financially cripple the team we all fought to save?

I renewed as a donation really, I was glad the club was standing up for itself and wanted to help. I’m fine with this from a personal perspective.

However at a general level it is pretty shoddy by the club imo. A communications disaster but should have been picked up by someone before it was released. Let’s be honest, the club is reneging on a promise. I’m sure most of us will understand and live with it, but to be fed some BS about the club giving us this great deal is potentially insulting to those who are now paying about £100 a game for the family to crowd around a laptop.

My understanding is Hearts have said you will get 18 games and be at the games for your season ticket regardless of what league we are in. 

I think they've not thought that through and as time went on, court case etc it became clear that logistically that's a nightmare. They've now offered what every other team are offering which is understandable but they have mis-sold the season tickets I'm my opinion. 

If they had said that it may be the case games are potentially streamed then fair enough, they didn't and saying "did folk actually expect to not miss some games" doesn't cut it. Its not the product that was sokd. The reason they guaranteed 18 games was they knew it was potentially 14 if we lost the court case but still wanted to charge top league prices with no big games. 

PR wise its a shocker and any business other than Hearts would get panned for it. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

You tell me what's the big difference between these two statements:

"guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games"

"guaranteed 18 games at Tynecastle"

Both say the same thing - ST holders get to watch all their team's home games live. The difference is that's exclusive for Hibs ST holders.

Do you work in the club’s comms department by any chance 😂 

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, blairdin said:

This thread is embarrassing. 

The clubs communication and public relations have been shocking, short sighted, ignorant. No arguments from me on that one. 

I'm sure when season tickets were being punted in Spring the club didn't envisage a scenario with no/very few fans in grounds for most of the coming season. It's looking more and more like that'll be the case. We are where we are. 

We're in the middle of a global pandemic, businesses everywhere are making it up as they go along, Hearts are no different. I'm more than happy to take Hearts TV coverage of home games as towards my 18 season ticket matches at Tynecastle. My wife, a season ticket holder at Pittodrie, is getting a comparable deal with Aberdeen TV coverage of home league matches. Ditto Hibs fans. I'd wager season ticket holders of most clubs are.

I'll say again, the marketing, comms and PR we've seen from Hearts since summer 2019 has been catastrophic. But given the way the pandemic has progressed, and the general direction of travel as far as the Covid19 world goes, what did people expect that won't financially cripple the team we all fought to save?

What I would expect is honesty and admitting when you have changed from the original message. Not spin that ignores what has gone before.

That would not have crippled the club we fought to save. It would have been a recognition that that is what we did.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

I renewed as a donation really, I was glad the club was standing up for itself and wanted to help. I’m fine with this from a personal perspective.

However at a general level it is pretty shoddy by the club imo. A communications disaster but should have been picked up by someone before it was released. Let’s be honest, the club is reneging on a promise. I’m sure most of us will understand and live with it, but to be fed some BS about the club giving us this great deal is potentially insulting to those who are now paying about £100 a game for the family to crowd around a laptop.

Agree with this. Have resigned myself to watching few, if any, games at Tynie this season. It’s good to get matches screened but completely disingenuous of the club to contend that this was the package on offer when season tickets were being promoted.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

What I would expect is honesty and admitting when you have changed from the original message. Not spin that ignores what has gone before.

All they could really do would be to offer a public apology for the PR disaster, which would be a further PR disaster, and would achieve nothing. We are where we are. 

FoH need to be watching and learning from charades like this to make sure things are slicker and better once they are in control of the club. 

6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

My understanding is Hearts have said you will get 18 games and be at the games for your season ticket regardless of what league we are in. 

I think they've not thought that through and as time went on, court case etc it became clear that logistically that's a nightmare. They've now offered what every other team are offering which is understandable but they have mis-sold the season tickets I'm my opinion. 

If they had said that it may be the case games are potentially streamed then fair enough, they didn't and saying "did folk actually expect to not miss some games" doesn't cut it. Its not the product that was sokd. The reason they guaranteed 18 games was they knew it was potentially 14 if we lost the court case but still wanted to charge top league prices with no big games. 

PR wise its a shocker and any business other than Hearts would get panned for it. 

Indeed. I think everyone except the bot gets this.

18Jambo_dave74
4 minutes ago, blairdin said:

All they could really do would be to offer a public apology for the PR disaster, which would be a further PR disaster, and would achieve nothing. We are where we are. 

FoH need to be watching and learning from charades like this to make sure things are slicker and better once they are in control of the club. 

FOH needs to do more than watch and learn - they need to be calling out the board on the way the club is being ran. Is Stuart Wallace not a member of the board? 

It is incredibly infuriating the way things have gone over the last few years as it was all so avoidable (obviously not the Covid part!). Either the FOH have been calling out decisions made by the club and have been ignored or they have been nodding dogs. 

If we hadn’t been so dreadfully mismanaged we wouldn’t be in this position. 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, blairdin said:

FoH have no intention.of being in.contol of the club. Unless changed the governance arrangements rule this out.

8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

So I’ve paid for 3 season tickets , all from the same household , if I choose to use my ticket for a game that’s streamed have my daughters just lost a game from their tickets ? 

I’ve got the same scenario with my 3 corporate ones at £1400 each. Almost £4,200 to watch it from the comfort of my couch on an iPad. They didn’t tell me this when I renewed despite me asking numerous times 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I really hope they are but a hae ma doots 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

FOH needs to do more than watch and learn - they need to be calling out the board on the way the club is being ran. Is Stuart Wallace not a member of the board? 

It is incredibly infuriating the way things have gone over the last few years as it was all so avoidable (obviously not the Covid part!). Either the FOH have been calling out decisions made by the club and have been ignored or they have been nodding dogs. 

If we hadn’t been so dreadfully mismanaged we wouldn’t be in this position. 

FOH  will be more engaged when the transfer is complete, right now they are merely watching and learning.After that period and into a new Era they will have little power anyway.