All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Money well spent IMO, not a chance of fans returning to Tynie anytime in the near future that saying not much chance of the season kicking off the way things are progressing..

I did guess at the time that my purchases were more of a donation rather than anything more, in the same vein as many others have commented.
Had an international sub last term with a VPN perfect combination for home games, I'd see a fair few going down that avenue rather than paying a one off fee per stream. 

Have yet to get any HW audio/video via IPTV through their channel, regardless of provider...

Bring on them all, cnts the lot of them..

HHGH FTh

FTOH slogan

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

The club haven't clarified anything, so we're all fearing that what you've stated is fact. 

If that is the case then outrage is more than justified, especially if more than one season ticket holder in house.

been here before
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s the best kind of free. Keeps out the riffraff.

I like the folk who pay 20 a month or whatever for their phone contracts but "that includes 5000 free texts".

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Still can’t believe people are surprised 😂 

I'm a bit surprised that some are getting the stream for £6.25 and others for £32.

Definitely didn't see that coming. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Still can’t believe people are surprised 😂 

I am surprised that Hearts fans in Spain etc can watch games for £12.99 and some households have spent over a grand for it ( I am not one of those ) 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

I like the folk who pay 20 a month or whatever for their phone contracts but "that includes 5000 free texts".

Guy I work with pays £19 a month for his bank account and gets ‘free’ travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover.  His bank offer an identical account without the insurance cover yet during a ten minute discussion I could not get him to accept these benefits were not actually free. Some people just don’t understand being fed shit from people who make a living out of feeding people shit. 

Edited by GinRummy

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Season Ticket Guarantee Pledge

The Season Ticket Guarantee pledge will ensure supporters get the full value of their 2020/21 season ticket.

To be absolutely clear, the club is making a very simple pledge to supporters who renew their season ticket for 20/21: no-one will lose out.

A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign. 

If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.

In short, the club is committed to ensuring that no supporter will be left disadvantaged as a result of securing their seat at Tynecastle for the 20/21 season.

I guess in twisting that to mean streamed games could replace actual attendance, the club would only be breaking that pledge “in a limited and specific way”...

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm a bit surprised that some are getting the stream for £6.25 and others for £32.

Definitely didn't see that coming. 

Told me I didn't look young enough to be a student. Cheek.

The senior staff at Hearts are so frightfully out of touch with the fans right now. But that isn’t a surprise when you consider none of them grew up football fans or appreciate what Hearts fans bring to the club. This is disgusting treatment by the club who think their cash cow fans are idiots who will blindly follow. 

5 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It is difficult to argue that the club is well run just now. Torque will no doubt be along to tell me otherwise. 

It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it.

Edited by leginten

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It is difficult to argue that the club is well run just now. Torque will no doubt be along to tell me otherwise. 

It's *almost* as if the Board had a brainstorming session on "How can we piss the fans off? ". 

been here before
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Guy I work with pays £19 a month for his bank account and gets ‘free’ travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover.  His bank offer an identical account without the insurance cover yet during a ten minute discussion I could not get him to accept these benefits were not actually free. Some people just don’t understand being fed shit from people who make a living out of feeding people shit. 

I dont need most of that stuff but if its free Im all over it for only 19 quid.

Might use some of my free texts to set it up.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

It's *almost* as if the Board had a brainstorming session on "How can we piss the fans off? ". 

Heard they’re just going to start coughing on us as we walk past the ground. 

Ah well I bit the bullet. I compromised though and bought a ticket in the Wheatfield Stand at £210 instead on the Main Stand where I’ve been for years and saved myself £100. 
Only Hearts despite the turmoil and Covid.

Just now, been here before said:

I dont need most of that stuff but if its free Im all over it for only 19 quid.

Might use some of my free texts to set it up.

😂 exactly. 

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Ah well I bit the bullet. I compromised though and bought a ticket in the Wheatfield Stand at £210 instead on the Main Stand where I’ve been for years and saved myself £100. 
Only Hearts despite the turmoil and Covid.

Well done mate. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I pay £20 for a similar account and I realise it’s not free. It’s a great account though for peace of mind.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Are you for real? 

The ST's are  priced according to where your seat is in the stadium not how close your couch is to the TV.

Let me  put it another way, do you think people would've paid £32 to watch a stream "in the knowledge" that the club would be selling the same stream for almost half that price to others? 

Other clubs that restrict streams only to ST holders have received stick. I get there are issues, especially with family groups and the wording being vague, but Hearts are between a rock and a hard place here. We have a large distributed fanbase that really pulled together to support the club through FoH. Not everyone is in Edinburgh or can afford a ST. Would you deny them the chance to pay to watch Hearts in these circumstances? It's a tough one. I think St holders should always be prioritised for all rewards and access to games, which they usually are, but what about, FoH contributors many who are abroad? 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Well done mate. 

Id be sitting watching updates on JKB and BBC Sport Scotland for real time updates otherwise which would do my head in! 🤬

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

I pay £20 for a similar account and I realise it’s not free. It’s a great account though for peace of mind.

Yeah I wasn’t saying there’s anything up with the account or that it may offer value to some people. Just couldn’t convince my work colleague it’s not actually free 👍

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

As long as all customers are paying the same tariff for the "free" stuff, it's not an issue. 

That's not what's happening here though. 

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

I can get the same insurances for £10 and a free bank account. 😁

Gorgie Boot boy

A way to pay for Hearts Live TV. 6 Jambos get together and chip in , pay for the live broadcast. Maybe sing some songs, have a few beers. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Other clubs that restrict streams only to ST holders have received stick. I get there are issues, especially with family groups and the wording being vague, but Hearts are between a rock and a hard place here. We have a large distributed fanbase that really pulled together to support the club through FoH. Not everyone is in Edinburgh or can afford a ST. Would you deny them the chance to pay to watch Hearts in these circumstances? It's a tough one. I think St holders should always be prioritised for all rewards and access to games, which they usually are, but what about, FoH contributors many who are abroad? 

I'm not denying anyone anything - other than you, who I'm putting on ignore. 

By far the worst poster on the board. 

Just now, iainmac said:

As long as all customers are paying the same tariff for the "free" stuff, it's not an issue. 

Indeed. Unfortunately there is no easy or fare answer as far as I can work out other than no one bought a ST in the first place and went with the TV deal until supporters were actually let into the ground on a pay per game basis.

Guest ToqueJambo

20 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The club haven't clarified anything, so we're all fearing that what you've stated is fact. 

So people are reacting (over reacting in some cases - taking Hearts to court FFS) without yet knowing the whole story? Sounds familiar.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair point but you can't have a family of 3-4 season ticket holders who are also FOH supporters etc getting the same stream as Jim watching from his house in France- that is nothing against Jim but they need to give these folks something else !!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Don't read up on dynamic pricing then. It'll cause you to explode.

19 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Season Ticket Guarantee Pledge

The Season Ticket Guarantee pledge will ensure supporters get the full value of their 2020/21 season ticket.

To be absolutely clear, the club is making a very simple pledge to supporters who renew their season ticket for 20/21: no-one will lose out.

A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign. 

If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.

In short, the club is committed to ensuring that no supporter will be left disadvantaged as a result of securing their seat at Tynecastle for the 20/21 season.

This is about as cut and dry as you get. Tynecastle Park isn't on your Computer in your house. 

Seems pretty immoral that the club aren't honouring that. They've spent a lot of good will over the last few seasons. 

Its a difficult situation though. Ultimately, because Neil Doncaster couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag we don't have the same level of commercial income as other countries do in their leagues, so if it was honoured properly then you're talking about a substantial amount gone from next seasons coffers. Ticket sales are our bread and butter, so without them we're at a severe disadvantage. Do we want to carry the woes created from covid any further than we need to?

Good will isn't a magic porridge pot you can just keep drawing from. Eventually people get pissed off. I'd describe this as highly unethical and taking advantage of fans good nature. I'm trying to be fair to the club, but charging season ticket holders £17 to stream a game is obscene. 

Hopefully we're back in stadiums before the end of the year so this doesn't rumble on any longer than necessary (but that is totally wishful thinking the way things are going). 

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

A way to pay for Hearts Live TV. 6 Jambos get together and chip in , pay for the live broadcast. Maybe sing some songs, have a few beers. 

Someone will be along soon to point out "as long as it's from 2 households"

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I'd much sooner pay extra (say £5 per game) to watch this seasons streams and have Hearts honour what they advertised and let me attend 18 home games fkr this seasons ST price.

I bought one of the cheaper teir STs. **** paying for a platinum seat and forking out about £30 for a stream.

This is what I don't understand, maybe give the season ticket holders a discount on the streams but surely the money paid for a season ticket should go towards games they can actually attend... 

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Fair point but you can't have a family of 3-4 season ticket holders who are also FOH supporters etc getting the same stream as Jim watching from his house in France- that is nothing against Jim but they need to give these folks something else !!

Like what 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, steve123 said:

Not disagreeing

Much better to pull the plug on streaming games for free and saving money on the system and equipment that's obviously expensive if they believe it can be streamed to high numbers of viewers, scrap everything, refund everybody's money and shut the doors.

Budge and co GTF.

Boooooooooooooooo

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm not denying anyone anything - other than you, who I'm putting on ignore. 

By far the worst poster on the board. 

It sounded like you didn't want people paying less than you for the same thing.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So people are reacting (over reacting in some cases - taking Hearts to court FFS) without yet knowing the whole story? Sounds familiar.

I rather think that if the streamed games were not being considered as part of the season ticket then the club would have clarified that on the website or twitter feed today given the immediate reaction across a number of media platforms. The fact that they haven't suggests they definitely are part of the season ticket. However, there is still time for them to change this and address some of the obvious issues. Fingers crossed. 

Hearts will no doubt tweet a clip of Neilson talking about how good it is for the fans to be able to get back watching Hearts after all this time and how excited we must be.

There are so many better ways to go about this. Even after getting a new CEO, Hearts are still doing PR own goals.

been here before
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It sounded like you didn't want people paying less than you for the same thing.

I dont.

I pay extra for Platinum for a cushioned seat and being kept at arms length from the riff raff.

Watching games at home means Im only getting half of that.

12 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

The senior staff at Hearts are so frightfully out of touch with the fans right now. But that isn’t a surprise when you consider none of them grew up football fans or appreciate what Hearts fans bring to the club. This is disgusting treatment by the club who think their cash cow fans are idiots who will blindly follow. 

Sadly, and I've thought this for some time now, they have so much money themselves that I'm not sure that they appreciate its true value and the financial challenges and sacrifices that many supporters make in following the team.  As you say, we are taken as idiots who will blindly follow. 

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Someone will be along soon to point out "as long as it's from 2 households"

Oh really. Well there are ways to deal with unprecedented events. The outer edge of the football side of things is going to throw all this out the window. In my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

As usual there are people being wilfully ignorant in their attempts to defend the club here. Those same people also choose to deflect by accusing others of misunderstanding the situation or having unrealistic expectations.

In reality it is all very simple. The club, in order to entice fans to buy season tickets, offered the ST guarantee. The clear implication of the guarantee was that fans would be allowed tickets to attend 18 home games over the next 2 seasons. This convinced a lot of fans to buy tickets.

The club have now wriggled out of this guarantee on a technicality and by taking advantage of their loose wording in the guarantee.

I myself have said previously that I expected for ST sales next year the club would give the option to fans not to use whatever game credits they had left and to pay full price again next season. I would have done exactly that, whether they be due me 18 games or 1. They'll probably still make that option available, but I'll now take the games I'm due thank you very much.

'But we are only doing what every other club in the land are doing.' No we aren't. Every other club in the land did not offer a ST guarantee.

What could the club have done? Offered ST holders the option: do you want to use 14 of your game credits to subscribe to the streaming service for this season or do you want to keep them for when you can attend matches. Again, I would have taken the streaming service and been happy to do so. Because I would have been given the choice.

People need to understand that this isn't just about who is a better fan and who is more willing to 'support the club.' Many of us complaining are happy to give the level of support the club are asking for. But the way the club goes about these things lately is disgraceful.

Spot on. I’d be happy to pay £295 for an 18 game streaming pass. But just keeping my £450 without giving the option is well out of order.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

I dont.

I pay extra for Platinum for a cushioned seat and being kept at arms length from the riff raff.

Watching games at home means Im only getting half of that.

You could always use the money you would of spent following the side on a home renovation, make it special.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, farin said:

God knows re pensioners but if the stream for the games crash for the folk that actually have access. 🙀 

Streaming will be fantastic for older folk who have had an especially bad time of things. My old man has had an OAP ticket for years but can't walk far these days. He's been to about 3 games in 5 years. Still keeps buying the ticket though. Will be great if he can see Hearts play again, even a crappy stream.

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

So...they are saying that. I never bought a season ticket to watch a stream online that will by all accounts be easily accessible to 1000s of people for free through IPTV. I paid to attend games at Tynie, which is what they advertised.

You'll have heard of the Corona virus aye?

When did you buy your S/T? If you bought it anytime after lockdown in March you must have known that the likelihood was that there would be no football at all , never mind anyone in stadiums.

I bought mine with that understanding, and will buy another next year just to keep the club alive.

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Like what 

like as mentioned above discounted access to streams - then come to a sensible agreement with them over games in stadium that they have bought to help our club in a time of need. 

I appreciate Covid etc but the fans of this club have been to the well so many times and been done over by all in Scottish football and stood by the club- in my humble opinion hearts would do well to recognise that and for the record I am like Jim paying 12.99 so does not impact me.

Edited by steve123