All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, farin said:

No one could have predicted accurately when the fans would be allowed back into grounds safely tbh. The club’s ST database tells them the demographic of fans ages etc but not whether they can actually watch the streams offered in leu of attending. 

In that case offering a refund in a case by case basis would be the decent thing to do.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hindsight is great. A month or so ago everyone seemed to be expecting full crowds to be at games. The SFA had been counting on a full Hampden just one month or so from now 🤣

This is such utter bollocks it’s difficult to know where to begin.

We're a victim of circumstances yet again.

If we hadn't been going through the bullshit thrown at us by Scottish football, we'd never have needed to make the statement on 18 games which was made at a time when we didn't know for certain which league we were going to be playing in. Or even if the Championship had played the full season, it wouldn't have been an issue.

As season ticket holders our individual situations aren't any different financially to Hibs, Rangers, Aberdeen season ticket holders. Unless I'm missing something?

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

People are rightly surprised that the club using the term guarantee and then going back on it, had the club said that we’ll get to see every home game either in person or online then it’s fine and I for one would still have bought my season ticket.

My understanding when I bought the season ticket was that I was buying a ticket to attend the next 18 games that I’d be allowed into and fully expected that to run into next season. I didn’t at any point expect streaming access in a like for like exchange, at the very least I’d expect a streamed game to only could as half of an attended game.

i didn’t read it that way, at the time clubs across the country were offering the ability to watch online as opposed to in person.

again, what do you want the club to do? apologise and clarify that this is the best they can do whilst covid persists - yeah can understand  view!! but actively offer refunds ? No -We will be down the shutter financially- that said - if someone wants a refund I’m sure they will be able to get one.. and that’s fine 

its a horrible situation for everyone .. hopefully when we are allowed back there will be some discounts

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but who has suggested the club should refund all STs now?

Or even suggested it as a scenario. Apart from you.

how did you make it off my ignore list.. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, leginten said:

This is such utter bollocks it’s difficult to know where to begin.

Not crowds at games a month ago, people were SAYING that crowds could be at games by Championship kickoff. That was the chat when STs went on sale. That's why it's kicking off (maybe) in Oct and it's why the OF game was put back to then. The SFA's whole rationale for not ending the SC was that the full crowd at Hampden would bring lots of money into the game.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In that case offering a refund in a case by case basis would be the decent thing to do.

I don’t think there would be a huge amount of fans looking for refunds tbh. Our support has proven itself on that score already. I just sometimes wonder why we, as a club, make a total arse of things so often. It begins to cheese me off after a while tbh. Which other clubs offered there support 18 home games in such an ambiguous way? Only us I’m guessing. 

Edited by GinRummy

So should the club charge ST holders say a tenner per game and then let them use their ST for games fans can actually physically attend?

Playing devils advocate here but if/when fans are allowed to return it’ll be in severely reduced numbers, initially. What then? If you can’t get in you can watch for a tenner on PC? Or whenever you can get in they start taking games off yer season ticket.

IMO, at some point the game will be halted, probably before Xmas and kick off again in spring. Twists and turns to come yet 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think there would be a huge amount of fans looking for refunds tbh. Our support has proved itself on that score already. I just sometimes wonder why we, as a club, make a total arse of things so often. It begins to cheese me off after a while tbh. Which other clubs offered there support 18 home games in such an ambiguous way? Only us I’m guessing. 

So people are just moaning for the sake of it. Fair enough. I assumed people wanted refunds. I posted part of Hibs St T&Cs. They say the ticket lets ST holders watch ALL games. They haven't been to one yet. Is it just the word "guarantee" that is annoying people? Hibs don't say that but they are basically saying the same thing by using the word "all".

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’ll save a fortune on train fares anyway.  😎

Not to mention refreshments but I fear for the takings at The Arms &  the MHSC. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

how did you make it off my ignore list.. 

No idea. I have never had anyone on ignore. It seems a bit pathetic to me. A bit like Hearts PR!

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, iainmac said:

Not to mention refreshments but I fear for the takings at The Arms &  the MHSC. 

These places and others around Gorgie will suffer badly. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

So people are just moaning for the sake of it. Fair enough. I assumed people wanted refunds. I posted part of Hibs St T&Cs. They say the ticket gives ST holders access to ALL games. They haven't been to one yet.

People want to be absolutely clear on what the clubs is selling from the outset. That wasn’t the case and you will not under any circumstances accept that. Why not?

20 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Your last sentence contradicts your view that "fans are now clutching at straws". 

By clutching at straws I mean that in a court of law it'd be 50/50 as to who they'd view in favour of. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

People want to be absolutely clear on what the clubs is selling from the outset. That wasn’t the case and you will not under any circumstances accept that. Why not?

We "guarantee" X games = You will see "all" games to me. Same thing, different language. It was always clear there was a doubt over this season. I can see the PR fail here around language, emphasis, marketing, etc, but surely no-one bought a ST actually expecting to see a full picture list at Tynecastle this season?

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not crowds at games a month ago, people were SAYING that crowds could be at games by Championship kickoff. That was the chat when STs went on sale. That's why it's kicking off (maybe) in Oct and it's why the OF game was put back to then. The SFA's who rationale for not ending the SC was that the full crowd at Hampden would bring lots of money into the game.

You’re such an apologist :lol:  Hahaha.  Have to actually credit you tbh.  

Toxteth O'Grady
21 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

The new chief exec may not see out the season lol

He hasn’t covered himself in glory so far but the buck stops at Budge. 

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We "guarantee" X games = You will see "all" games to me. Are we really arguing over language. It was always clear there was a doubt over this season.

Why wouldn’t the club just make season tickets all the same price for one season only?

The club gained amazing credit at a time when all teams where selling season tickets then said they would give live streams, we advised guaranteed to see games at the ground and if not it would roll over.   Why say that at all?  It’s marketing to rip the **** out the support or gain publicity that isn’t there.  It’s up there with Hibs furloughing their players after us while taking credit for not doing so like cretins. 

As usual from this regime, ill-considered (especially the initial “guarantee”) and badly messaged.

Some people will rightly be absolutely raging. It’s quite outrageous in some ways. I am really resentful right now and feel like asking for a refund. But I won’t.

I’ve given shitloads of money in the past to keep the club afloat, and will do so in the future.

I long for the day the club isn’t run in such an amateurish way. 

Hearts have had a shocker with the communications here, but the simple fact is all clubs are in the same boat.  There’s no way there will be full crowds any time soon, perhaps at no point in the entire season.  If the club credits the value of those games the fans aren’t attending back to the season ticket holders they would likely be giving up 50% or more of the season ticket money for the season, and the club would be insolvent.  Every club is in the same position.

The mistake was making the commitment in the first place when it was obvious there wouldn’t be full crowds this season.  The compound mistake was ignoring that with their statement today.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We "guarantee" X games = You will see "all" games to me. Are we really arguing over language. It was always clear there was a doubt over this season.

It wasn’t clear. Perhaps you’re one of the people who realised from the outset that ‘18 games at tynecastle’ potentially meant that some of those 18 would be streamed.  The people who took it that that meant 18 games inside the stadium did not interpret it the same way. The club should have made this clear. It didn’t. You now have loyal fans, once agiain, pissed off with the club.  That’s not the fans fault, that’s the clubs fault. 

Everyone knew there was doubts over the season, including the club, who nonetheless said ‘buying a season ticket means 18 games at tynecastle’. 

There are folk on this thread taking the piss out of fellow hearts fans who read an ambiguous statement in a different way to them solely in order to defend the club, which is shocking. If this had been hibs the whole board would be united in condemning them.

9 minutes ago, eduardo.j said:

By clutching at straws I mean that in a court of law it'd be 50/50 as to who they'd view in favour of. 

We'll that's a ringing endorsement of the club's practices,  isn't it? 

Not to mention that 50/50  is far from clutching at straws  -  it's Evens. 

4 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Hearts have had a shocker with the communications here, but the simple fact is all clubs are in the same boat.  There’s no way there will be full crowds any time soon, perhaps at no point in the entire season.  If the club credits the value of those games the fans aren’t attending back to the season ticket holders they would likely be giving up 50% or more of the season ticket money for the season, and the club would be insolvent.  Every club is in the same position.

The mistake was making the commitment in the first place when it was obvious there wouldn’t be full crowds this season.  The compound mistake was ignoring that with their statement today.

They've also compounded that mistake with the disparity in prices to watch exactly the same stream. 

It wasn’t clear. Perhaps you’re one of the people who realised from the outset that ‘18 games at tynecastle’ potentially meant that some of those 18 would be streamed.  The people who took it that that meant 18 games inside the stadium did not interpret it the same way. The club should have made this clear. It didn’t. You now have loyal fans, once agiain, pissed off with the club.  That’s not the fans fault, that’s the clubs fault. 

Everyone knew there was doubts over the season, including the club, who nonetheless said ‘buying a season ticket means 18 games at tynecastle’. 

There are folk on this thread taking the piss out of fellow hearts fans who read an ambiguous statement in a different way to them solely in order to defend the club, which is shocking. If this had been hibs the whole board would be united in condemning them.

:spoton:

Not difficult to understand why folk are annoyed really. 

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought maybe Hearts would just open Hearts TV to everyone. Can we survive on that income though? It sounds like we've sold Sts and have invested in a much better system so they can get better coverage than Hearts Tv would normally provide.. Last time I watched hearts Tv it was one crappy camera angle behind the dugout the whole game.

How many Hearts TV subscribers are there?

Surely there was a marketing opportunity  - the club make Hearts TV free for live games but with more sponsorship (logo by the clock at the top etc). I'd even tolerate them laying adverts over the seats instead of the cutout fans.

Even better would be a benefactor picking up the Hearts TV tab on behalf of all Hearts fans while crowds are banned.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We "guarantee" X games = You will see "all" games to me. Same thing, different language. It was always clear there was a doubt over this season. I can see the PR fail here around language, emphasis, marketing, etc, but surely no-one bought a ST actually expecting to see a full picture list at Tynecastle this season?

I bought a ST because I was expecting to be guaranteed 18 games at Tynecastle in person at some point, even if they rolled into next season. This is what Hearts said at the time was the deal.

So buying a ST for Hearts wasn't just about this season, it was next season too. They are essentially removing games off our ST for next season.

12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

They've also compounded that mistake with the disparity in prices to watch exactly the same stream. 

Indeed.  Nobody at Hearts is covering themselves in glory here.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

For those who genuinely thought they’d be watching football in any meaningful way this season 😂 crack on and ask for a refund 👍🏻when hearts wrote their promotional material no doubt they thought the worst of the crisis would be over by October.

have to say I’m surprised and disappointed at the reaction..  I haven’t seen hibs supporters crying, Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers 🤷‍♂️ - anyone in fact!!
Football fans worldwide  have been disadvantaged like we have! They have bought their season tickets knowing that football would not be that likely! Knew that this was simply about seeing their club through the most difficult period since the Second World War and that any football would be a bonus .. 

If you care to spend a bit of time on google you will find fans of all other clubs complaining. There were stories in places like the Scotsman and Glasgow Times about Old Firm fans being unhappy. That was despite the fact that these clubs were entirely upfront about the fact that their season tickets would include streaming of games played behind closed doors.

52 minutes ago, eduardo.j said:

That was referring to the fact that the season was shorter and we had 4 less home games, fans are now clutching at straws saying it ment all 18 games which it clearly didn't. 

Again worded poorly by hearts but that depends on how you read it. 

This is just nonsense. Hearts made the pledge on 6th May. The Championship agreed a shortened season at the end of June. At the point Hearts made the 'guarantee' they were still arguing we might play a full season in the Premiership. 

Edited by Saint Jambo

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So people are just moaning for the sake of it. Fair enough. I assumed people wanted refunds. I posted part of Hibs St T&Cs. They say the ticket lets ST holders watch ALL games. They haven't been to one yet. Is it just the word "guarantee" that is annoying people? Hibs don't say that but they are basically saying the same thing by using the word "all".

Here is how Hibs actually marketed their season tickets. Clear, straight forward language.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654

All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

- Until normal capacity is restored at Easter Road, season ticket holders will have free access to Hibs TV.

- Receive a free digital matchday programme via email.

- Have first viewing access of all non-matchday related Hibs TV content.

- Receive exclusive content quarterly.

- Benefit from season ticket holder-only partner promotions and discounts.

- Enjoy free entry into monthly competitions to win Hibernian prizes, ranging from signed memorabilia, access to training sessions and meet and greets with players and staff.

- Have the opportunity to help shape future matchday experiences, taking part in season ticket-holder only surveys.

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so.

- Have secured their seat for season 2020/21 and have first option for renewal for season 2021/22.http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Here is how Hibs actually marketed their season tickets. Clear, straight forward language.

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

- Until normal capacity is restored at Easter Road, season ticket holders will have free access to Hibs TV.

- Enjoy free entry into monthly competitions to win Hibernian prizes, ranging from signed memorabilia, access to training sessions and meet and greets with players and staff.

- Have the opportunity to help shape future matchday experiences, taking part in season ticket-holder only surveys.

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so.

- Have secured their seat for season 2020/21 and have first option for renewal for season 2021/22.http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654

So Hibs are guaranteeing access to all games, same as Hearts. Neither clubs has guaranteed in person games. How can they? The Hibs language - "live coverage" - is also deliberately (you'd assume) vague enough to cover both online and in person. Reading it any other way would mean the ST is for live coverage online only, which isn't true.

The main difference I can see is Hibs are restricting online viewing to ST holders, which they're getting a lot of stick for.

If there is an outcry from Hearts ST holders, that's an easy fix. Either raise the cost of PPV and Hearts TV (although that is for fans who can't get to games anyhow so should always be lower) or don't allow anyone else to watch (like Hibs are doing). Either way, an easy fix.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Embarrassing contrast. But some will continue to defend the indefensible.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Very clear.

I wonder how many Hearts fans got season tickets on the strength of our “guarantee”? Not many, I suspect.

How much goodwill has been destroyed through that and the subsequent (regardless of how inevitable people think it was) announcement here? A lot, I suspect. 

But as usual, Hearts fans will just eat the shit sandwich and carry on with our amazing support. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So Hibs are guaranteeing access to all games, same as Hearts. Neither clubs has guaranteed in person games. How can they?

The main difference I can see is Hibs are restricting online viewing to ST holders, which they're getting a lot of stick for.

Are you just point blank refusing to accept that hearts statement of guaranteeing 18 games at Tynecastle could have been interpreted differently by different people and should have been clearer?

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Very clear.

I wonder how many Hearts fans got season tickets on the strength of our “guarantee”? Not many, I suspect.

How much goodwill has been destroyed through that and the subsequent (regardless of how inevitable people think it was) announcement here? A lot, I suspect. 

But as usual, Hearts fans will just eat the shit sandwich and carry on with our amazing support. 

I wonder how many took up the offer of paying £250 at the beginning and the other £200 in December? 

What's the chances of the club getting the additional £200 now? 

This is shocking. Ripping the p*** and taking advantage of fan loyalty again. It doesnt impact me but I can understand why so many are annoyed at this. £450 for a season ticket for the championship was bad enough but now saying this is effectively for an online stream is taking the biscuit. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Are you just point blank refusing to accept that hearts statement of guaranteeing 18 games at Tynecastle could have been interpreted differently by different people and should have been clearer?

"At Tynecastle" is also another way of saying "home fixture".

The point is, how could Hearts possibly guarantee attending 18 games at the ground? It is open to interpretation it seems which I get is an issue.

For me, and others on here, there's no way Hearts or any club can guarantee any number of home games with crowds at the game.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

"At Tynecastle" is also another way of saying "home fixture".

The point is, how could Hearts possibly guarantee attending 18 games at the ground? It is open to interpretation it seems which I get is an issue.

For me, and others on here, there's no way Hearts or any club can guarantee any number of home games with crowds at the game.

That may be your point. It obviously wasn’t mine. Could the club have been clearer in describing what they were offering ?

Edited by GinRummy

28 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Yep. I doubt all will come out the other side of this. 

Tynie Arms will miss the money you and Gogs spend ?😊

Are people really saying they expect not to renew their season ticket until they have been present at 18 games live in the stadium? That would be a good way to really damage our club as we continue to have costs all the time.

Can I suggest - this is a  perfect example of a situation where FoH members feeling aggrieved/disappointed/critical of a non-football decision should bombard Stuart Wallace with polite but firm emails explaining why they feel that way ...... and ask why he (and others) on the HMFC board allowed this to be communicated without definitive detail of how streaming access for ST holders would work and whether each streamed match would count towards the 18 guaranteed games regardless of whether you accessed the stream.

At the very least, someone in a very senior position at Hearts  should be proof reading  communications like this and reviewing related communications to check for inconsistencies etc.       What's required now is fair and prompt clarification of what has been discussed in previous pages above.  Sadly, Hibs seem to be more on the ball than us.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Very clear.

I know so many people on here love talking up Hibs at the same time as talking down hearts but how is "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games" different from "guaranteeing 18 games at Tynecastle".

The Hibs one can be read as this ticket only gives you access to online games as "live coverage" is a weird way of saying attending games. Clearly if you read down though that's not true.

Both to mind mind simply say you can watch all your team's home games live. It doesn't state a specific number at the stadium or in your house because clubs can't know that.

As I say the big difference is other people can't just do PPV to watch games for less with the Hibs model. If that's the big issue it seems to be for some, then that's easy to solve. And also Hibs have copped a lot of flak for restricting access.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, the general said:

Tynie Arms will miss the money you and Gogs spend ?😊

Aye,  give Sharon my regards. 

Can't see myself being back in for a while. 

Dennis Reynolds
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So Hibs are guaranteeing access to all games, same as Hearts. Neither clubs has guaranteed in person games. How can they? The Hibs language - "live coverage" - is also deliberately (you'd assume) vague enough to cover both online and in person. Reading it any other way would mean the ST is for live coverage online only, which isn't true.

If there is an outcry from Hearts ST holders, that's an easy fix. Either raise the cost of PPV and Hearts TV (although that is for fans who can't get to games anyhow so should always be lower) or don't allow anyone else to watch (like Hibs are doing). Either way, an easy fix.

How on earth have you managed to be so blinkered? Honestly astounding.

Those who believe "guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park" means the match will be at Tynecastle and you will watch at home must live pretty weird lives. Presumably if they bought a ticket for a flight to Paris which turned out to be overbooked they'd say "No worries. Don't put me on another flight. I'm aware that overbooking is a possibility. The main thing is the flight has arrived at Paris". Then instead of their romantic weekend in Paris they book a meal at a restaurant in Edinburgh and then sit at home wondering why their meal hasn't arrived.

The club should never have offered the 'guarantee', that implied that it would get you attendance at 18 games. No other club did this. Other clubs either made clear that some games would be online if behind closed doors, one or two (Hamilton Ross County?) decided against selling season tickets and are just selling individual games. I always thought the guarantee seemed a bad idea as (on my assumption it would actually be honoured) it was storing up financial pain for later.

Having decided they were going to welch on their guarantee they have compounded the issue by trying to paint this as some great service to season ticket holders. They would have been far better emailing fans to say they'd got it wrong but the offer they made was unsustainable, that the need for games to be behind closed doors looks expectantly long, said supporter could email them to get a refund (or maybe take up the terms of the original pledge), and then begged in grovelling tones for season ticket holders not to take the refund if they could possibly afford it to help support the club through this challenging time, acknowledging that once again they were abusing the loyalty and better nature of our support.

They should probably have accepted that they couldn't also offer a pay per view option as to offer it at any sensible price is going to leave many season ticket holders feeling even more ripped off.

Do that and I think the financial hit and loss of good will is lower.

Another total comms disaster from the club (and for the record it is for the big mistakes like this that are going to you should avoid burning huge amount of supporter good will on stupid small stuff like doing St Mirren a favour at the weekend, which just leave supporters less receptive to epic cock ups).

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, LMc said:

How on earth have you managed to be so blinkered? Honestly astounding.

You tell me what's the big difference between these two statements:

"guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games"

"guaranteed 18 games at Tynecastle"

Both say the same thing - ST holders get to watch all their team's home games live. The difference is that's exclusive for Hibs ST holders.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The club should never have offered the 'guarantee', that implied that it would get you attendance at 18 games. No other club did this.

Hibs literally use the word guarantee - "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games"

They make no differentiation between in person and online in terms of HOW they can watch games and how many will be in person or online. They instead say St holders get first access to games when crowds are allowed back. Exactly the same as Hearts.

Also if you read the terms and conditions - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qXziWqcrGXDDmJpcUFfeZHDwLxHlN8hv/view - Hibs say "This season ticket permits you to occupy your allocated seat for all Hibernian FC first team SPFL
League matches at Easter Road Stadium in the season to which it relates"

Are Hibs fans up in arms that they were promised a seat at ALL games but haven't been to one yet?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Going to buck the trend here.  I’d rather pay the price of a match ticket to watch us on a stream on a Sat afternoon than us not play at all and be in financial ruin.  I’ll be paying for my ST next summer as well.  I didn’t renew based on the credit system, I renewed to help the club and guarantee my seat if we got back into the stadium this season.  Appreciate that others feel differently, and that’s equally valid imo. Was never going to be an ideal scenario.