All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

So every club on earth are streaming games because crowds are not allowed. 

yet we have fans on here who thought we’d be able to go? 😂 

Why? Where was the virus going? Is tynecastle virus secure 😂😂 was there going to be a miracle.. 

sorry - it’s been clear as day from the beginning that this years ST was never going to guarantee that you get to games 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

9 minutes ago, Rods said:

Its Hearts fault they could not read the mind of the goverment or undestand a pandemic.

The only person on here that's suggested that is you. Hearts have no control over government policy but they have 100% control over their marketing and how they reward the fans for chucking money into the club despite the uncertainty hanging over everyones heads. Try opening your mind to how other people feel rather than trying to be a smart arse.

Nobody is going to court over this. But I reckon Hearts would lose if they did. The sale of a season ticket had never included streamable games before, and Hearts never mention streamable games in their Marketing or T and Cs  for the ST.

More than happy with this arrangement.  I am able to see the games I can’t physically attend and when (if) I’m able to go to Tynecastle I will. The club can keep the additional 4 games as well. I’ll be buying my season ticket as usual for next season without any discount. Each to their own tho.

Edited by MMHearts

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Still wear a mask as well.

I strongly suspect he kicks about the house in a pair of safety specs and a bicycle helmet anyway.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Club’s been a wee bit vague on this. Not the best to be honest but I kind of thought that 18 games in the stadium sounded a wee bit too good to be true. 

You're right right although I thought of it as it was too bad to be true from the club's perspective. The club would be bust without season ticket income next year and this is the reason every other club are including streams this season. 

If anyone feels they have been misled I think they'll need to be refunded but I'd hope people only do this if they really need the money as the club would struggle to cope if the majority wanted this.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Why? Where was the virus going? Is tynecastle virus secure 😂😂 was there going to be a miracle.. 

sorry - it’s been clear as day from the beginning that this years ST was never going to guarantee that you get to games 

Mate, just wait for the massive explosion of tears and spotters when we are allowed a limited capacity at some point and people realise they don’t have the loyalty points/level of season ticket value to attend. 
It will be Hiroshima like. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Amazing how some folk seem to have missed this! Should be some size of a queue for refunds tomorrow. Wonder if they’ll all wear face masks though! 😂

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This is the case. Also been charging ppv up to 20 quid for non season ticket holders

Thanks. That's what I thought  

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thank you for showing sense, this place is insiane.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How would that work economically? 

I may be totally wrong but I’ve been assuming that the SPL clubs have been using this model. Anyone confirm? 

Dave, genuinely, do you ever step away from defending the club at all costs? People are rightly annoyed at being sold one thing and getting another. I am personally happy to donate the cost of my season ticket basically, I am financially in a position where I can do so, many others won’t be and are rightly upset at how this has panned out. A dad buys him, his children and who ever else lives in his house season tickets, shells out more than £1000 in doing so, how does the streams work for them? The club haven’t handled this very well at all. They haven’t been open enough with this and at points have been deliberately vague “guaranteed 18 home games” for example. 

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

You're right right although I thought of it as it was too bad to be true from the club's perspective. The club would be bust without season ticket income next year and this is the reason every other club are including streams this season. 

If anyone feels they have been misled I think they'll need to be refunded but I'd hope people only do this if they really need the money as the club would struggle to cope if the majority wanted this.

Agreed. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hysterical nonsense. So refund all season tickets and take the multi million pound hit meaning we would probably go bust? 

So selling season tickets for football matches when there will be no matches is fair? Do you regularly pay for goods you don't receive? 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How would that work economically? 

I may be totally wrong but I’ve been assuming that the SPL clubs have been using this model. Anyone confirm? 

That's entirely up to the club to figure out. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In answer to why, it’s because the club led people to believe it was 18 games in the stadium and not streamed games. They were unclear and vague and I can’t see the point in defending that. I’m not bothered myself and was buying a couple anyway but when I bought them I had no real clue what I was getting for my money. I didn’t contact the club and query it because I didn’t care but those who did contact them were not given clear answers. 

Edited by GinRummy

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Beast Boy said:

I strongly suspect he kicks about the house in a pair of safety specs and a bicycle helmet anyway.

:laugh:

Real name Norman Bates.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because our season starts end of october and until last week, it looked like fans would be allowed to attend by then?

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Still not good enough mate

snd I’m not the only one who thinks this - as well as several on here.

very poor from hearts 

Good enough for me. I bought my ST so that I could see Hearts playing football and that's what I'll get. Once I can get to Tynecastle I'll watch the games from my seat in the Wheatfield but until then I'll watch them from my armchair in my living room.

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The club have literally said it would guarantee you 18 home games at Tynecastle.

How is that hard to comprehend?

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Dave, genuinely, do you ever step away from defending the club at all costs? People are rightly annoyed at being sold one thing and getting another. I am personally happy to donate the cost of my season ticket basically, I am financially in a position where I can do so, many others won’t be and are rightly upset at how this has panned out. A dad buys him, his children and who ever else lives in his house season tickets, shells out more than £1000 in doing so, how does the streams work for them? The club haven’t handled this very well at all. They haven’t been open enough with this and at points have been deliberately vague “guaranteed 18 home games” for example. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

So you don’t mind paying £17 a game to watch it online?

I've paid £17 a game, whether I choose to watch games or not.    Seems odd that so many on here are complaining about this latest announcement. If  11k   ST holders are not allowed into the stadium this season, then next year's revenue takes a big hit.   Is that what you want to see happen ?

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think you are the one barking up the wrong tree. Nobody is annoyed at Hearts for not letting us into the games. We are annoyed because they sold us 18 games regardless of when they are played. They have reneged on that promise.

I'm not sure where you are even seeing posts that relate to your interpretation of this discussion.

56 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Hearts fans really are ****in arseholes.

Sounds about in line with every other club on the planet. Sound. 

I agree this was probably always going to be the case.

What I don’t agree with is the wording when launching the season tickets that got universal praise for being different from every club with stating a guarantee now it’s “oh what did people expect”? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

More than happy with this arrangement.  I am able to see the games I can’t physically attend and when (if) I’m able to go to Tynecastle I will. The club can keep the additional 4 games as well. I’ll be buying my season ticket as usual for next season without any discount. Each to their own tho.

I'll be doing the same. 

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

The club have literally said it would guarantee you 18 home games at Tynecastle.

How is that hard to comprehend?

Obviously too hard for some on here to understand. 

been here before
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The ubers uber has spoken. No other opinions will now be tolerated or questions allowed to be raised.

We can all rest easy now.

Edited by been here before

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

All very fair comment mate. 

13 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You are actually saving money, the travel costs food drink a few minutes in the shop costs me £150 a time for home games, it can rise to £300 for away games depending on where. Add the season ticket to that and FOH contributions during these times, breaks my heart that Jambos feel robbed . It is unintentional, Hearts are getting it tight on this forum for every reason people can find. Sickening.

Who says I eat or drink before games? 

24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sky is unlikely, BBC probably. 

Possibly but I suspect most of our live games in bbc will be away games this season. 

Dennis Reynolds
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sky is unlikely, BBC probably. 

Which again, causes its own problems.

Edit. If they're at home of course.

Edited by LMc

10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

The only person on here that's suggested that is you. Hearts have no control over government policy but they have 100% control over their marketing and how they reward the fans for chucking money into the club despite the uncertainty hanging over everyones heads. Try opening your mind to how other people feel rather than trying to be a smart arse.

People surely realise what is going on in the world. Surely people realise that all other games are being streamed currently. There was always a potential for this to happen.

I do however see what you are saying the club could have said we expected you back unfortunately due to the ongoing global pandemic this has not been possible. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

I said a month or so ago, on the season ticket thread, that it wasn’t clear and that I believed streamed games would count as part of the guarantee. Regardless of whether the club really believed that crowds would return by the time we started the season or were just being vague I do think they will have to agree refunds, especially for cases like the one you mention, where people really want them  

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

What if you have shite/no Internet connection? 

Or the only device you could use is a 5" iPhone?

I guess there will be tests before 'live' games?

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

I've paid £17 a game, whether I choose to watch games or not.    Seems odd that so many on here are complaining about this latest announcement. If  11k   ST holders are not allowed into the stadium this season, then next year's revenue takes a big hit.   Is that what you want to see happen ?

No, but there could have been more transparency and saying that access to games would include online access, should the stadium remain closed.  I think Hearts were deliberately vague, knowing we would sign up in our thousands, as we always do.   

Even now, it is still wishy washy, and vague.  

If a tour company Or holiday company sold you tickets for a tour, or holiday, with certain guarantees on access, and the tour could not allow you access, they wouldn’t get away with giving you an online tour instead, and say they have met the guarantee of access to the tour, because it is not the same thing. 

No doubt, the goodwill of Hearts fans will mean Hearts will get away with it   Doesn’t not make it fair or right, though.   

Everyone’s circumstances are different but what I’ve realised in this forum if you don’t go along with the majority its a keyboard warrior gang up on individuals 👍🏻

Just now, Rods said:

People surely realise what is going on in the world. Surely people realise that all other games are being streamed currently. There was always a potential for this to happen.

I do however see what you are saying the club could have said we expected you back unfortunately due to the ongoing global pandemic this has not been possible. 

Your first paragraph misses the point. People aren't upset that they can't get in, they're upset that Hearts made the promise that if they couldn't, they'd see the value returned to them the next season which now doesn't seem to be the case. Also, where's the benefit to Steve Jones who bought a season ticket for him and his two sons? They gonna watch three separate streams? This is another PR own goal, less than a week after the last one.

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Everyone’s circumstances are different but what I’ve realised in this forum if you don’t go along with the majority its a keyboard warrior gang up on individuals 👍🏻

It’s the same on just about all football forums. 

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 a man-baby. 

3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Any idea what other club’s have promised?

No access to anyone wearing goggles and bike helmets. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I said a month or so ago, on the season ticket thread, that it wasn’t clear and that I believed streamed games would count as part of the guarantee. Regardless of whether the club really believed that crowds would return by the time we started the season or were just being vague I do think they will have to agree refunds, especially for cases like the one you mention, where people really want them  

#OnlyHearts was vague. Now the Season Ticket Guarantee was vague. Seems like you have a serious problem with the marketing team within HMFC.

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A bit confused, you didn’t expect to get to a match this season but giving you streaming is a negative?

It is at the cost of it Dave , as someone posted earlier an addition charge to watch on line I’d get but the sale of ST wasn’t worded that way , given my finances at the minute it was a push to get 3 bought but like plenty others I did it .
If I was aware of this happening I’d have either moved to cheaper seating or not bothered . 
My plan was to forgo 2 ST’s from this year but use the unused matches for the cheaper ticket and buy 2 next year . (I have 2 adult and 1 student) 
If it’s say £22 a game ?plus a student one at £18 ? That’s £52 to watch it as there’s no way it’ll be on 3 different devices ( despite your earlier joke😀) . 

I get we need the money but I’m not sure this is the best way . Opinions I guess and I’m not going to fall out with anyone about it