Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

behave, you know that if aberdeen ever finish bottom some form of reconstruction or argument about the promoted side not meeting certain conditions always saves them

Of course  :lol:

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

34 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The thing is that six of the players have been forced to sit out the game because of the current protocols, not that they have tested positive.

I suspect that the group of players might not have gone out on the town together had the SFA chosen to sanction Rangers for playing the "B" game against Dundee United when nine players hadn't received a negative test in the correct timescales.  

True.  But this underlines the stance totally now though.  Footballers being footballers they probably would have regardless mate.  Now everyone will be clear of the repercussions regardless.  

The Mighty Thor

One week into the new season and the wheels are off. 

I hope the whole thing vanishes right down the shitter. 

7 minutes ago, Rods said:

Just have a couple lol 

A97D4556-1D6B-4A65-8D5C-79EA4979F96E.jpeg

The only surprise there is McKenna hasn’t tripped fell and smashed his round all over the tables. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I get what you’re saying but I’m currently of the mind that I’d rather see clubs dying and the game completely ripped apart up here, rather than us being guaranteed promotion at the first attempt.

Chaos like this is a decent start to matters. I wish 38 clubs nothing but the absolute worst.

Preach, Brother 👍🏻

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

One week into the new season and the wheels are off. 

I hope the whole thing vanishes right down the shitter. 

Yep because football going completely down the pan in the country will open a window of us joining the Welsh leagues. 

Japan Jambo
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This isn't the time to congratulate Aberdeen. They should be hammered. They should be keeping their players on a very tight leash right now. I mean they've spent the last few months talking about how financially devastating this whole thing is for them and they can't even get their players - professional ****ing athletes - to follow the most basic of safety measures.

+1, I don't understand how going out on the lash and failing to adhere social distancing guidelines is not 'bringing the game into disrepute'. The reap what they sow...

Almost speechless that a top flight professional footballer would go out to a pub in the middle of a global pandemic. Stupidity on a massive scale.

What a mess.

heartsfc_fan

Maybe getting kicked out the league and not starting till October was a blessing in disguise 😯😁

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I get what you’re saying but I’m currently of the mind that I’d rather see clubs dying and the game completely ripped apart up here, rather than us being guaranteed promotion at the first attempt.

Chaos like this is a decent start to matters. I wish 38 clubs nothing but the absolute worst.

This x 19

Just now, amadjambo said:

Almost speechless that a top flight professional footballer would go out to a pub in the middle of a global pandemic. Stupidity on a massive scale.

What a mess.

8 players on a night out whilst meant to be in a bubble. Is the rules for people going to a pub from 3 households at most?

Weakened Offender

Goes without saying that I hope the players, their families and everyone else they came into close contact with whilst out drinking in crowded bars during a pandemic are well and stay well. ❤️

As for the football club and the governing body whom this will have a real impact upon....unlucky 😁

Edited by Weakened Offender

The Old Tolbooth

On the plus side, I managed to get on St Johnstone at 31/20 before betting was suspended 😁

The sheep should be absolutely hammered for this like, players going out on the piss during a pandemic, pleading poverty, can’t keep them disciplined enough to adhere to rules, absolute embarrassment! 

Just now, Newton51 said:

8 players on a night out whilst meant to be in a bubble. Is the rules for people going to a pub from 3 households at most?

It’s a shambles.

The league/SFA/Aberdeen/Scottish Govt should all be throwing the book at these clowns. 

I know football players are well known to not be the sharpest tools in the box, and no wonder with behaviour like this.

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

On the plus side, I managed to get on St Johnstone at 31/20 before betting was suspended 😁

The sheep should be absolutely hammered for this like, players going out on the piss during a pandemic, pleading poverty, can’t keep them disciplined enough to adhere to rules, absolute embarrassment! 

Best punishment is to make sure they fulfil the fixture. 

tokyowalnut
21 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What a mess.

It blows my mind that after 1 game of the season professional players would be out for beers, regardless of the pandemic!  Oozing professionalism right there! I know they need a life outside of the game, but there are reasons none of this lot will be playing in a bigger league anytime soon. 

I hate St J, but I hope they pump Aberdeen at the weekend!

Guest ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Exhibit A: See who you can spot.

20200806_220546.jpg

Cosgrove and McKenna for sure. And maybe Bryson. What a tool Bryson is if true. Injured for his Aberdeen career so far, gets fit and takes this sort of risk.

Edited by ToqueJambo

41 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Potential starting 11

Lewis
Hernandez Taylor Hobban Logan
Campbell Hayes
McLennan McGinn Hedges
Edmundson

Johnny Hayes central midfield? 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

20200806_220546.jpg

A thug looking thing in the white, with it’s back to us.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

20200806_220546.jpg

See when Dr Sheepenstein created McKenna, he could have at least used a scalp that fitted his extraordinarily big heid... I mean, did the ***** never play with Lego?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, normando said:

Wonder if Celtic would admit players having virus

Carpet,  brush,  ssshhhh

Just now, normando said:

Wonder if Celtic would admit players having virus

Celtic players have carried a virus for many, many years.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nope, no idea. Guess they’re Abersheep players, but honestly couldn’t pick them out of a lineup. 

Could stick a sheepy strip on them with there name on the back, would still be none the wiser tbh.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Really is letting down your team mates your employer your fans.

No danger were they getting a postponement under those circumstances. 

As for Doncaster and the bubble. 

Just stop talking 

The Old Tolbooth
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Best punishment is to make sure they fulfil the fixture. 

Thats a good point, the sheep have 4 games in 14 days apparently coming up, shame that. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Guest ToqueJambo

You just know all these Aberdeen players giggle like little kids when they have to wear a mask or wash their hands. Christ even most little kids understand what safety measures they need to follow these days.

Rick Sanchez

Now imagine it was Hearts players out on the town. The narrative would be quite different and that ain't Rangers paranoia talking.

Shanks said no

Sport
The Scottish Premier League (SPL) home fixture on Wednesday 12 August will go ahead. SPL football clubs, and ancillary staff, are currently operating within a sporting bubble, supported by regular COVID-19 testing and robust guidance to ensure the virus is not brought in, or transmitted, through that environment.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-local-measures/#Sport

You were saying Nicola?

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Imagine if 8 Celtic first teamers had Covid ............. 

Match postponed

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sport
The Scottish Premier League (SPL) home fixture on Wednesday 12 August will go ahead. SPL football clubs, and ancillary staff, are currently operating within a sporting bubble, supported by regular COVID-19 testing and robust guidance to ensure the virus is not brought in, or transmitted, through that environment.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-local-measures/#Sport

You were saying Nicola?

Confirmation football IS being treated differently, something we were told by Doncaster and co was not possible when giving their reasons why the 19/20 fixtures couldn't be finished.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Confirmation football IS being treated differently, something we were told by Doncaster and co was not possible when giving their reasons why the 19/20 fixtures couldn't be finished.

Correct the 2nd spike would have been during the pre season just like in England. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Title awarded.

If I can only ask for one thing this season, it's for Celtic to lose the title in the same manner that they "won" it last season.

Can you imagine the meltdown?

:lenny:

1 minute ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

If I can only ask for one thing this season, it's for Celtic to lose the title in the same manner that they "won" it last season.

Can you imagine the meltdown?

:lenny:

It would never be ‘allowed’.

FTC

57 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

What - they've named them! That's a massive breach of confidentiality.

Fully understand your comment, however it would be fairly evident come Saturday when their line up is announced.

I predicted this would be a likely outcome when the Aberdeen situation was announced & pictures appeared in the press on another thread yesterday. Almost certain (professional??) footballers would be in the middle of this!

Other Clubs will be stressing the need for their players to avoid the embarrassment now being felt by Aberdeen, maybe fortunate they are not in the same position as The Sheep.

So much for the man at the helm, Mr Dave Cormack who is not exactly showing leadership considering his flip flopping over the end of season vote.

Aberdeen FC............Take Your Medicine.

Hope Ann sends Cormack a wee message via the media, "Tell Dave I'm sorry to hear the news":lol:

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

It would never be ‘allowed’.

FTC

spfl run by tims......and only for tims ......f...k the lot of them !       Hmfc🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

spfl run by tims......and only for tims ......f...k the lot of them !       Hmfc🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

:spoton:

Dagger Is Back

Idiots!

Thing is it just takes one to say ‘I’m going for a post match beer’ and the rest follow like sheep

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Play the U18s then. 

Who has long term lung damage - the whole Aberdeen squad? You got a link? 

Dafty, read some news articles, the young and fit don't always survive and don't always get away with a simple recovery, many people with no underlying health issues have long-term health issues to look forward to. Some end up with e.g. lung transplants or other organ failures. Not many maybe, but it can and does happen!

They also spread it to their friends/ family and unfortunates, possibly even you?

70 US military personnel have died of covid to date, you might expect some of them to be as fit as a Scottish footballer! So stop being blase it just confirms a lack of thought, appreciation and probably education!

loveofthegame
34 minutes ago, Barack said:

20200806_220546.jpg

If this photo is legit then that looks like Cosgrove with his back to photographer, which means the list circulated a few pages back is fake/wrong and they’re only really 7 players down as he’s injured anyway. 

FWIW, looks like mcgeoch to his left, Bryson straight ahead and McKenna on far right. A 33yo pro who should know far better and a current “£8m” (chortle) rated international CH :facepalm:

Just now, Jambo61 said:

Dafty, read some news articles, the young and fit don't always survive and don't always get away with a simple recovery, many people with no underlying health issues have long-term health issues to look forward to. Some end up with e.g. lung transplants or other organ failures. Not many maybe, but it can and does happen!

They also spread it to their friends/ family and unfortunates, possibly even you?

70 US military personnel have died of covid to date, you might expect some of them to be as fit as a Scottish footballer! So stop being blase it just confirms a lack of thought, appreciation and probably education!

The infections will be tracked. 

It's certainly true that if footballers took badly ill it would be a shame. Though most fit and healthy U35s with Covid don't suffer anything current. 

But the key element in all this is close contacts. Avoiding spending 15 minutes close together. Backed by testing. 

A death from Covid wouldn't stop football. A whole squad being infected would. All the arrangements are designed to prevent that. 

I do think going to pub is likely banned. But if it isn't it will be.