Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Fine, but where’s the punishment. This is just convenient match re-scheduling. It’s doing nothing to send a message .in fact it’s sending a message that says, break the rules and you’ll get to play the games later

Spot on, nobody should be punished unfairly it’s a pandemic. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Apologies if already brought up (these pages are growing at a whopping rate) ...

... Surely Kilmarnock need to go into lock-down? Is there game going ahead? If so, why?

This is a clusterfeck of mass proportion.

I'm laughing like a drain!

Administration for some clubs gets closer now (champers in the fridge awaiting the first one to go).

Edited by MCW1976

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This season's Scottish cup will now be declared null and void, so as to free up space for the postponed league games.

Champions league means far more to Celtic than the Scottish Cup.

It does but they could be thrown out of it by next week, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If the UEFA laws are also clear then the Icelandic side should get EUFA to impose this, and thus gain a free bye

If after the draw, new restrictions imposed by either the home team's or away team's country prevent the match from taking place, the team of that country are considered to have forfeited the match.

Wonder if UEFA's ethics committee would have anything to say about this?

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

That's true of anyone though whether they've been to Spain or not. So it would really negate the point of testing, you could just say 'if you have any symptoms, then self isolate'. 

It doesn’t negate the point in testing. If the Celtic player had been tested negative For the last few weeks and stayed in Glasgow with his “bubble” and the squad, there would be next to no chance of contracting the virus. He didn’t and therefor the testing is unreliable for the next 14 days. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, MCW1976 said:

Apologies if already brought up (these pages are growing at a whopping rate) ...

... Surely Kilmarnock need to go into lock-down? Is there game going ahead. If so, why?

This is a clusterfeck of mass proportion.

I'm laughing like a drain!

Administration for some clubs gets closer now (champers in the fridge awaiting the first one to go).

Indeed, I’m absolutely loving this shit show  and sharing the photo of the Hibs fans in Livi just to stir the pot 😃.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Hahahahaha love it 😂

Just now, Barack said:

Anyone want to pitch an answer on my earlier question, about when this supposed free week was due to be? That even now makes it more congested.

Wait until the Israel game reveals another umpteen cases in Scotland. Israel has been hit hard with Covid.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, nobody should be punished unfairly it’s a pandemic. 

Heard that before this summer 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Anyone want to pitch an answer on my earlier question, about when this supposed free week was due to be? That even now makes it more congested.

I can see the diddy cup being cancelled now, or *Celtic and Aberdeen, not being allowed to compete for it

16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You would think but I'm not sure this is really about controlling the virus. It's sabre-rattling, otherwise you're correct, the killie game should be off. He's tested negative so I'm not sure why any games are off really. He should be fined though.

Contact during games is said to be very low risk. 

But fair question.

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

It doesn’t negate the point in testing. If the Celtic player had been tested negative For the last few weeks and stayed in Glasgow with his “bubble” and the squad, there would be next to no chance of contracting the virus. He didn’t and therefor the testing is unreliable for the next 14 days. 

He could pick it up going to the shops, or in the same way anyone else has picked it up who hasn't gone abroad or broken the rules. 

Ex member of the SaS

Celtic fans shouting about Aberdeen forfeiting the points are very quiet now. They have jumped on the fact Aberdeen have not been punished so they have set a precedent, well that should also work if the league is closed down. Teams should be judged on the same criteria that finished the league last time. How they would then decide who gets promotion when no games have been played in the Championship will be fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I remember the SFA sec on Sportsound saying that they had one free week around March and that was about it. That was supposedly left open for postponments around the winter period and for European games. Although I believe that special dispensation will be given by UEFA to play league matches when European games will be played. If there are no free slots, clubs will just have to play during the International break with depleted squads. 

With not issuing punishment to the clubs its showing the other players in other teams that its fair game

There is no way all players will stick to this - already been stories about Hibs players up town on separate occasions, and I bet that ain't the half of it

The SPFHell should have been telling clubs right away the rules, how testing should be done and to what standards and making it clear what happens if they don't comply.  Again they have shown they are absolute disgrace of a organisation.

the fact that football is back at all is a complete privilege for the clubs, players and supporters and the players can't follow simple rules that allow them to go back to work? Absolutel toleys   

Whatsthefuture

Celtic and Aberdeen should be penalised for games missed with 3 - 0 results against them. 
players should adhere to quarantine for the stipulated time

All clubs should be issued with clear guidelines to the personal and club penalties should they break the rules

Clubs effected should not be penalised for any indiscretion they incur from a guilty club

A plan highlighting a fallback plan / procedures should be issued showing the roadmap for resumption fixtures to clubs effected by others provan indiscretions. 
A policy detailing how clubs proceed if a player is effected in their bubble without penalty

These points would partly go to Giving the game a level of direction 

Toxteth O'Grady
10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Who’s on that? Oh wait 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He could pick it up going to the shops, or in the same way anyone else has picked it up who hasn't gone abroad or broken the rules. 

Yes and that was addressed by the FM. The corrupt league were given special dispensation to start sport ahead of everybody else, as long as they played by the rules. They haven't.

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Celtic fans shouting about Aberdeen forfeiting the points are very quiet now. They have jumped on the fact Aberdeen have not been punished so they have set a precedent, well that should also work if the league is closed down. Teams should be judged on the same criteria that finished the league last time. How they would then decide who gets promotion when no games have been played in the Championship will be fun to watch.

If its alphabetical we are screwed.

26 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Personally think the SPFL should impose severe suspensions for any players caught breaking the rules like Bongoli (sp?) or the Aberdeen lads.

Like a 10 game suspension. Surely that would show clubs and players that they are serious about this. 

I thought about that as well.  You have to punish the individual(s) for lack of responsibility, get the clubs punished as well ;) 

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

That should'nt matter. Game's at Hampden as a one off.

No fans will be in attendance, certainly not from Israel, and any players from there will before they travel get tested, and not allowed to fly if positive. 

Same with ours. Unless Glasgow gets a spike...

The games might not even go ahead.

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Then why bother testing? If we are saying the tests don't show if he has it or not.

In England if there was a positive test on players or staff then that person had to isolate for 7 days before being retested. They didn't postpone any games despite this. Yet there's games off in Scotland despite nobody testing positive. Seems a bit weird.

apart from the two aberdeen players who did test positive

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I get where you’re coming from, but the player broke U.K. guidelines, whether or not to Celtic’s knowledge, putting others at risk.

The SG have held back from saying games should be postponed, in order to force the SPFL or SFA to take action and show some leadership. It is the football authorities who have then decided they better postpone a few games, to show that they are taking these incidents seriously, rather than run the risk of the SG shutting the whole thing down.

The party that Griffiths threw for his wife has been completely forgotten through all this. Has he been mixing with Celtic players since, or were there any Celtic players at this party? I don’t know.

At best, Celtic seem to have a problem emphasising the importance of following specific guidelines for “elite” footballers, or they have not bothered too much. If this had happened to another club, other than Rangers, the press wouldn’t be saying how wonderful they are, and have just been let down. There would cries for all kinds of punishment. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

SPFL 

Sturgeon Political Football League 

Scottish Pub Football League.

They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

17 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

Celtic and Aberdeen should be penalised for games missed with 3 - 0 results against them. 
players should adhere to quarantine for the stipulated time

All clubs should be issued with clear guidelines to the personal and club penalties should they break the rules

Clubs effected should not be penalised for any indiscretion they incur from a guilty club

A plan highlighting a fallback plan / procedures should be issued showing the roadmap for resumption fixtures to clubs effected by others provan indiscretions. 
A policy detailing how clubs proceed if a player is effected in their bubble without penalty

These points would partly go to Giving the game a level of direction 

That makes too much sense!

MarkDevriesScores4

Imagine if this had happened just prior to the SC semifinals. Celtic and Aberdeen would both be expelled I assume? Oh no. Wait. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was trying to be ironic 😜

Don't worry. Most of us got it. ;)

27 minutes ago, Boof said:

"We are absolutely delighted that our actions have been vindicated"

1596835488116_trimmed.png

3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

"We are absolutely delighted that our actions have been vindicated"

1596835488116_trimmed.png

when I scrolled I down and seen a blown up Neil Doncaster coupon I actually physically shuddered. 

21 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yes and that was addressed by the FM. The corrupt league were given special dispensation to start sport ahead of everybody else, as long as they played by the rules. They haven't.

Yeh, I'm just saying whatever those rules are don't seem to be overly logical as England managed to finish their season, despite positive tests, yet Scotland are postponing games where there hasn't even been positive tests.

I guess it's in line with the wider approach that Scotland has taken in being stricter about it all...yet despite this approach there seems to be regular issues either within the football context or what's happened in Aberdeen.

I sort of get the Celtic one as Boli has exposed himself to a wider group by going to Spain and the associated risks, but surely that needs to apply to Kilmarnock then as he was in contact with their players and their facilities. The Aberdeen one makes no sense to me at all.

44 minutes ago, Rods said:

For the moment the consequences could be further reaching.

Aberdeen game being cancelled so they effectively could get back to full strength is just ridiculous. If they beat St Jonstone those three points could be vital come the end of the season at both ends. 

St Johnstone and St Mirren will just meekly bend over and take it like the biatches they are though...So they deserve anything that they get.

43 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

So what the SPFL are saying is, if you want a break as you have injuries to key players, send one of them out to breach protocols and then the match will be postponed to a time that suits the club.

Seems that way doesn't it. Remember though if there are more breaches the FM will probably shut it all down.

48 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So St Johnstone and St Mirren have the same punishment as Celtic and Aberdeen ?

Seems harsh. 

But they backed Doncaster’s actions against us...so **** ‘em 😁

Why add to the fixture congestion when you can just award the match to the opposition. Can't afford to mess around, but they will.

Hagar the Horrible

Only the little people pay taxes….Leona Helmsley (Queen of Mean)

Well here we are again, Scottish Football once again reaches new lows and has become the biggest embarrassment since Trump insisted that he should have his head carved into Mount Rushmore!  Another player thinks they are above the law, the rules are for the little people

The total lack of leadership is just astonishing, but what is even more astonishing is that only 13 clubs voted for an independent enquiry into Doncaster’s leadership and that Dossier. Peter Lawwell gave such a rousing speech to back up that Doncaster is a very capable guy!  Capable of what? Hiding in the sixth floor of Hampden with Lord Lucan eating Shergar steaks.

Still *Celtic’s statement for once did not attempt at a denial or under play it, but they did overplay their own self-importance “We have LED the way in working with the football authorities and Scottish Government”.  Does that come into Robust Conversation territory or what? Still Fat Lennon Knew!

1 week in and it’s all turning to excrement with the Covidiots meeting in a plague bar, week 2 things get worse *Celtic Player visits a virus riddled country, fails to inform club, and breached the Governments isolation rules, what will week three bring?  Doncaster stores ammonium nitrate in Hampden shed?  No doubt there will be players from all clubs who have done something stupid over the weekend, and pray they don’t get caught, I pray they do! 

The most feared words in the English language right now are “Fit Like?” Aberdeen now face 3 games postponed and with Donkey stating only 1 window of opportunity is available, we’ll see?  Celtic face 2, and the worst part for them is, if enough games get played and the league gets suspended they have no cause to claim Null and Void!  PPG it is!

Prof Jason states he has some confidence in the Leadership having an understanding in the rules, some less in the managers, and very little in the players!  What confidence will he have with fans? He must also be fully aware that the clubs themselves will not think about putting the game first, our treatment is testament to that! Money and self-interest will always come before public health fact.  If you are in any doubt, would these games have been called off?  It took the SG to grab their hand and extend the digit and hit the return key to state the games are OFF!

This will keep happening even by accident where a player catches it from a family member, but the league will have to keep having to find slots for these games.  Doncaster and Blair had no plan B if we won the court case, they don’t even have a plan A for more games being called off.  If its caused by an accidental transmission, then a replay, but if like *Celtic and Aberdeen, then these games should be forfeited, the game against each other: zero points awarded and a 3-0 loss to each club. 

If you want to know the meaning of life then the answer is widely known as 42, bazaar that the ASCII code of 42 is an Asterisk .  *Celtic should have plenty next to their name, I might need to order a new keyboard and send the invoice to the SPFL as the F5 and Asterisk keys are worn down due to their incompetence.

I would like to think Scottish Football could not embarrass itself more if it got caught in the tickly bit moment of chucking one out on a railway carriage toilet where the door opens and they are not wearing a face mask!  Oh I think it can and it will.  Please let it be one of the Calpol three next!

Neil is a very able guy….Pete Lawwell (King of Cover-ups)

Scottish Government statement:
https://www.gov.scot/news/professional-football-suspended/
"............The SPFL has also agreed to put in place punitive measures that can be implemented so they can directly take action against players in the event of further rule breaches"

"Clubs will be permitted to train as usual but bounce/friendly matches will not be allowed"

Edited by ritchies75

allystrachan

Am I right in thinking that 2 weeks into the season & preseason, so far there have been breaches or positive cases from Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers, St. Mirren, Celtic & Aberdeen.

Theres no danger this season will be completed on time. At this point I’m not sure our season will even start! 

brunoatemyhamster

Can't believe people are trying to pass the blame for this onto the government. 

The correct course of action was to award St Johnstone the 3 points in the first place, but for some absolutely mental reason they decided to set the postponement precedent, and make the situation worse. 

Fxxk the lots of them. 

Total embarrassment from top to bottom. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Seems harsh. 

But they backed Doncaster’s actions against us...so **** ‘em 😁

Never forget that.

20 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Incompetence starts at the very top of the SPFL, so no one should be surprised really by the ongoing farce.

Spot on. Even the smallest of businesses will have decided what to do in certain circumstances but this high profile and so smart organisation that pays a Chief Exec more than £400k salary appears not to have protocols in place to deal with positive tests and breaches of agreed procedures.This would have enables swift statements to have been released after each incident and the Government would not have needed to get involved in any way. I'm flabergasted!

Craig Herbertson
2 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

What we need is for Celtic to have a few games cancelled. Let the others build up a few points and end the season when the winter second wave hits. The precedent had been sent......Celtic relegated. Hearts, ICT, Falkirk etc to vote yes and change it to no after a wee chat to the sudden clamber for reconstruction. Take that medicine (no not the methadone...the other one!).

Sorted that for you.