Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

The Natural Order

What we need is for Celtic to have a few games cancelled. Let the others build up a few points and end the season when the winter second wave hits. The precedent had been sent......Celtic relegated. Hearts, ICT, Falkirk etc to vote no to the sudden clamber for reconstruction. Take that medicine (no not the methadone...the other one!).

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

6 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Cant believe the JRG/SPFL didn't have rules in place if clubs broke qurantine rules. By not punishing clubs they have set a prescendent so if another clubs breaks the rule (which is looking likely) and they punish them all hell will break loose. 

Also loving the red tops angle of punishing Bolingoli but not Celtic as a club. If it was a hearts player you can guarantee they would be going to for the point deduction etc angle for us and not the player.

It would be headline news.

7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I am of no doubt that Celtic would be getting somebody on their behalf to approach EUFA for clarifucashun

Maybe ND... in his new UEFA role?

8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Both lose three nil with an asterisk.They can pop the asterisks beside the stars above their badges.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I think it’s admirable that you expected more/better. I have known they are corrupt and in the OF’s thrall for a long time now. I am not even angry, and far less surprised.

You know what, I think I expected the poor response after the Aberdeen players but when its another breech announced only a few days later its shocking, as I've just said in a response to Redjambo. £400K a year for someone else to tell you how to do your job.

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sky sports news confusing itself, ticker tape saying aberdeen and Celtic games not expected to go ahead this week but headline says aberdeen v hamilton expects to go ahead.

This is a bloody mess.

Not really. Sky not keeping themselves upto speed. Sky's fault.

So all the teams down south can finish off their season without any rule breaking (AFAIK) and we can't even manage 2 weeks.

Scottish football is ****ing embarrassing.

I genuinely hope it all collapses.  No danger is something/someone else not gonna **** this up before the end of the lockdown.

Fans won't be back until well into the new year.

5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Well this was unexpected who would have thought that tha football organisation which is a joke around the rest of Europe would be making numerous dangerous **** ups .

To me the known cases are potentially just the tip of the ice berg ,my guess there is likely a lackadaisical approach at all levels in our game at most clubs .

Will be red carded by this time next week.

Maybe every club asking all their players what have they been up too, delete any social media pics from nights out etc

upgotheheads

I admit that I'm not all that clear about the isolation rules but as I understand it Bolingoli should have self isolated for 14 days on return as he's assumed to be infectious. Taking Tests doesn't change that because symptoms and therefore infectiousness can take up to 14 days to appear. Therefore shouldn't everyone who has been in contact with him, which is almost everyone at Celtic and anyone who was in the Kilmarnock squad now self- isolate for 14 days? It will be chaotic very soon if that's the case. 

Just now, upgotheheads said:

I admit that I'm not all that clear about the isolation rules but as I understand it Bolingoli should have self isolated for 14 days on return as he's assumed to be infectious. Taking Tests doesn't change that because symptoms and therefore infectiousness can take up to 14 days to appear. Therefore shouldn't everyone who has been in contact with him, which is almost everyone at Celtic and anyone who was in the Kilmarnock squad now self- isolate for 14 days? It will be chaotic very soon if that's the case. 

That is exactly it.

Someone at the Spanish airport could have passed on the virus to him, or the pilot, or any variable.

He, and they all must be in isolation for 14 days.

This is a very shoogly peg football in Scotland is hanging on right now. Sturgeon is a determined person and could well close it down.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Jumper said:

This is a very shoogly peg football in Scotland is hanging on right now. Sturgeon is a determined person and could well close it down.

And so she should if there is any more idiotic behaviour from any players 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s two teams that are PT in our league, I would imagine they will need to be tested more than the rest or pull out the league. Hopefully by then restrictions will be eased but who knows. 

Testing isn’t the issue with either Aberdeen or Celtic players, it’s their potential exposure to the virus by either eating and drinking out or flying off to Spain. The part-timers in our league will not be able to live in any sort of bubble. Going to get interesting unless the virus is under control or we have a vaccine 

20 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Why was the statement only from the Scottish Government? Why wasn't it a joint statement from SFA/SPFL, Rules in place, unacceptable by players to break said rules etc, etc.

Its time for Tom English and the rest of them to really start questioning the role and the responsibilities of Doncaster, Petrie.

Scottish Government regulation press conference 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Breaking rules is the issue. And the risks and knock on effects. And losing trust.

Not players actually having Covid.

Yes I get that, I was talking about their European game next week and if a fair percentage of their squad have it fit example it will be postponed. Also players risking the spread of it was the reason the SG postponed the St Johnstone v Aberdeen game and why their next two games will be off too. 

Other countries get football back no problems no hitches. Scottish football gets back the Sh** hits the fan what a laughing stock the footballing country is 

14 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Cant believe the JRG/SPFL didn't have rules in place if clubs broke qurantine rules. By not punishing clubs they have set a prescendent so if another clubs breaks the rule (which is looking likely) and they punish them all hell will break loose. 

Also loving the red tops angle of punishing Bolingoli but not Celtic as a club. If it was a hearts player you can guarantee they would be going to for the point deduction etc angle for us and not the player.

See below - there was a chance notably after Rangers played a game that shouldn't because they 'misunderstood the proyocols' to put in place some clear boundaries, bit didn't.

12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Joint Response Group which I think also includes Leitch - SG members accepted Hibs, Motherwell and Rangers reasons for pre season games cancelled, delayed and played but shouldn't have been so I'm unsure how far the SG can go in getting football to introduce additional disciplinary measures despite Sturgeon alluding that they may be insufficient. 

The Internet

There's going to be such a ****ing MASSIVE backlog of fixtures as we head into late autumn/winter :rofl:absolutely riveted to find out how they sort this. 

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Yes. Jason Leitch mentioned that there were public health consequences and the hint I took is that everyone in close contact with Bolingoli would have to be treated in the same way as others would in a non-footballing situation. I'll be *very* surprised if they don't wriggle out of that though.

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, let’s just say they’re politically aligned. 

I think you mean mis-aligned.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Testing isn’t the issue with either Aberdeen or Celtic players, it’s their potential exposure to the virus by either eating and drinking out or flying off to Spain. The part-timers in our league will not be able to live in any sort of bubble. Going to get interesting unless the virus is under control or we have a vaccine 

If they’re working then more testing to make sure they haven’t caught it or spread it will be important. If they can’t be in a bubble they won’t be able to play, if restrictions stay the same come October.

20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No new restrictions have been imposed by either country so that won’t apply. However surely UEFA will be looking at the breach of protocol and wondering if it’s wise to let Celtic travel given they’ve all been in contact with someone who should have isolated but didn’t. If I was Reykjavík I’d be on the phone to UEFA. Iceland have entry restrictions(mandatory test on arrival for example)but probably not enough to stop a football team getting in

The game is currently scheduled to take place in Glasgow.

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I agree - how can it be otherwise ?

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

It's all fine, Lawwell will deliver a rousing speech and all will be rosy in the garden again.

🤣🤣😄

21 minutes ago, Gone said:

How would that work for Aberdeen vs Celtic next week?

3-0 defeats for both teams - 3 points

19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes, they should. But they won't. The authorities don't have the cojones.

Of course they won't. Its the most corrupt league in Europe. 

manaliveits105
28 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

SPFL will order Celtic to play next 3 games with no fans as punishment 

yeah Donkey probably already offer Liewell that 

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

The game is currently scheduled to take place in Glasgow.

My mistake, you’re right of  course

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We assume Celtic trained this week and last week. We can also assume that Bolangoli was officially allowed not to train since he wasn’t there. It’s unthinkable that Celtic didn’t give him permission to be absent and equally unthinkable that they didn’t know where he was. Someone at the club knew. Celtic are lying about this.quite clearly.

Isn't the norm that players have to request permission from their club to travel abroad during the season?

Either Bolingoli had permission from Celtic or travelled without it and missed training & Covid testing at Celtics training ground.

How was it possible for him to be included in the matchday squad if he was in Spain (permitted by Celtic or not)

Incredible that the SPFL have no measures to account for anything Covid related.

Presumably Bolingoli will be fine by the relevant authorities for not self-isolating on his return from Spain

Pretty clear that Celtic fielded an ineligible player at the weekend. What’s the normal penalty for that? Will the SFA/SPFL take the appropriate action?  Won’t hold my breath. 

Lawwell in mid July:

He said: "We have discussed the idea of 'pilot' games with the Scottish Government and believe it provides a safe, sensible way forward. As a club, we have put enormous thought and effort into making Celtic Park fully compliant with all public health-related requirements while allowing our supporters to return to watching football.

"It is acknowledged that Scottish football has been exemplary in implementing all the safeguards required of it, first to get back into training and, from August 1, to playing competitive SPFL matches.

"We are convinced that this should now be accompanied by a phased return of spectators which would be good, not only for the game of football but also for public health and morale in Scotland more generally.

1 minute ago, smallfaces said:

Isn't the norm that players have to request permission from their club to travel abroad during the season?

Either Bolingoli had permission from Celtic or travelled without it and missed training & Covid testing at Celtics training ground.

How was it possible for him to be included in the matchday squad if he was in Spain (permitted by Celtic or not)

Incredible that the SPFL have no measures to account for anything Covid related.

Presumably Bolingoli will be fine by the relevant authorities for not self-isolating on his return from Spain

Celtic not knowing he was in Spain is certainly an issue. 

Its surprising they didn't know where he was during the playing season.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

My mistake, you’re right of  course

No worries - hopefully the Icelandic team are requesting a bye to the next round to avoid travelling to those disease-ridden animals :D

No chance Celtic will have any games called off. Anyone else it would have been done by now. 

What is the SPFL doing about any of this ?

With SFA Judiciary Panel protocol timelibes we should expect disrepute charges against Aberdeen and Celtic by Thursday.

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty clear that Celtic fielded an ineligible player at the weekend. What’s the normal penalty for that? Will the SFA/SPFL take the appropriate action?  Won’t hold my breath. 

I said this earlier today before the SG press conference.

Bolingoli was ineligible.

Simples. 

buzzbomb1958
36 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Thought this was a Hearts forum, think you are on the wrong forum

Yes I agree **** sevco anaw

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic not knowing he was in Spain is certainly an issue. 

Its surprising they didn't know where he was during the playing season.

His contract should be terminated.

2 minutes ago, bean counter said:

The First Minister bottled it

In what sense?

FM has given them a final chance to prove they have the necessary leadership in place, otherwise professional football will be cancelled for the foreseeable.

Thankfully throughout this fiasco and the previous one, we have strong leadership at the SPFL. People can say what they like but Scottish football is lucky to have that leader in Neil Doncaster, a man of integrity and wisdom way beyond his years. Well done Neil , without you Scottish football would be in one hell of a mess and indeed a laughing stock

Guaranteed the SPFL will rearrange the Celtic v Aberdeen game for when crowds are permitted back in so Celtic can make some money out the situation

3 minutes ago, bean counter said:

The First Minister bottled it

Let's see what happens by the end of the day.