Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

That is up to the SPFL and SFA. ScotGov have just told them that the two teams who broke the rules are not allowed to play for a while. Now it’s up to the football authorities to decide what format that takes.

Not quite correct 

What NS said was "do not expect Aberdeen and Celtic to be playing football this week". What she has done yet again is ask the SFA/SPFL to come up with a plan on how they are going to deal with these issues and I think she fully expects them to come up with a damn good solution.

I fully expect that the SFA/SPFL will come up with a complete and utter pile of excrement as per usual.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, Gone said:

Kilmarnock games will probably be off aswell at no fault of their own

thats exactly it

Why should kimarnok or any other team suffer for the selfish and idiotic decisions of individuals in opposing teams. They are effectively being punished too - imagine our outrage if we had a fully fit team ready to go, the game gets postponed because celtic player acts like a little entitled tw@, postponed to the next month, and our best players are away on international leave - we'd be furious

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

That is up to the SPFL and SFA. ScotGov have just told them that the two teams who broke the rules are not allowed to play for a while. Now it’s up to the football authorities to decide what format that takes.

There is a lot that is not clear. Sturgeon has said "fans should not be expecting to see Aberdeen or Celtic play in the coming week". This is somewhat different from "I've/the Scottish Government has told the SPFL that Celtic and Aberdeen cannot play." It is possible that following discussion the SPFL has advised the Scottish Government that this is what will be happening and Sturgeon is simply confirming it? 

joondalupjambo
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Can you expand on this - I only caught the tail end of it on TV. 

Basically SG have taken the action they can but also asking footballing aurhorites to come up with their own actions in relation to the breaches.  I got the impression that the SG may have said to the authorities that you are in last chance saloon and you had better act with some positive actions.  I will not hold my breath on what they come up with.  I just cannot see the SFA/SPFL doing anything radical more like we have told the clubs to tighten up on the guidance and that the players have all been fined.

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If that transpires I would wet myself.

Have to say, getting aroused at the thought of that happening!!

at 12:4812:48

Should not expect to see Aberdeen or Celtic play over course of week - Sturgeon

The first minister goes on to say "as minimum you should not be expecting to see Aberdeen or Celtic play over the course of the coming week."

Sturgeon also confirms further details will be released later today.

GIRFUY

FTSPFL FTSFA FTH

Just now, henryheart said:

There is a lot that is not clear. Sturgeon has said "fans should not be expecting to see Aberdeen or Celtic play in the coming week". This is somewhat different from "I've/the Scottish Government has told the SPFL that Celtic and Aberdeen cannot play." It is possible that following discussion the SPFL has advised the Scottish Government that this is what will be happening and Sturgeon is simply confirming it? 

Seems to me she's setting expectations for the SPFL - given the lack of detail , I doubt the SPFL  have any kind of action plan (inaction plan,  maybe) and so  she's forcing them to do it. 

Hopefully the Glasgow media is pounding the Hampden switchboard now for a response. 

As if. 

11 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Not quite correct 

What NS said was "do not expect Aberdeen and Celtic to be playing football this week". What she has done yet again is ask the SFA/SPFL to come up with a plan on how they are going to deal with these issues and I think she fully expects them to come up with a damn good solution.

I fully expect that the SFA/SPFL will come up with a complete and utter pile of excrement as per usual.

That’s exactly what I think she is doing. People need to forget this absolutely absurd notion that the First Minister and the Scottish Government are going to take any shite from Celtic, when there’s lives at stake. It’s depressing that some people are so narrow minded that they even see this as a possibility. People who no doubt have the right to vote. 😬

Edited by Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Basically SG have taken the action they can but also asking footballing aurhorites to come up with their own actions in relation to the breaches.  I got the impression that the SG may have said to the authorities that you are in last chance saloon and you had better act with some positive actions.  I will not hold my breath on what they come up with.  I just cannot see the SFA/SPFL doing anything radical more like we have told the clubs to tighten up on the guidance and that the players have all been fined.

Thanks.

I suspect SPFL are offering to postpone midweek games but SG want the weekend’s match between Aberdeen and Celtic to be off too. If postponement does extend to weekend Aberdeen will already have three games to make up!

2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Did anyone ask that feckwit on his thoughts if that scumbag came back & infected any of HIS players who might well go on to develop career ending , long term, life changing conditions ? 

Thought not. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Seems to me she's setting expectations for the SPFL - given the lack of detail , I doubt the SPFL  have any kind of action plan (inaction plan,  maybe) and so  she's forcing them to do it. 

Hopefully the Glasgow media is pounding the Hampden switchboard now for a response. 

As if. 

:spoton:

You have to ask just what the Celtic player was thinking...cancel that he clearly was not thinking

(Only thing I feel uncomfortable about is this 'role model' she has applied to footballers.)

Difficult to sack him until the circumstances have been fully checked such as how much guidance the players were given from the club when away from training as to information they need to give to the club. His agent will be looking for any 'get out of jail' clauses no doubt

People don't generally have to check in with their employer when on leave or where they are going but perhaps players do as part of their contract. in the current situation ignorance is no excuse and I doubt he was unaware of the rules re Spain and travel

With the government chat yesterday and todays news there are no more 'excuses' for players and club staff

Just now, S Form said:

I suspect SPFL are offering to postpone midweek games but SG want the weekend’s match between Aberdeen and Celtic to be off too. If postponement does extend to weekend Aberdeen will already have three games to make up!

Great news. Meanwhile Sevco play & hopefully keep on winning. 

Footballfirst

I don't think postponements on their own are much of a punishment, particularly if they are rescheduled to a date when fans are allowed back in stadiums.  I think that docking a couple of points from each club would have a greater impact.

However, we will still get the whataboutery about Rangers "B" game against Dundee Utd going ahead with nine players who didn't have the testing clearance. That was put down to a "misunderstanding", with no sanctions applied.

Hagar the Horrible

I think the FM has played a blinder, by stating I would NOT EXPECT Celtic or Aberdeen to be playing,  That is her saying she is making it a footballing decision.  A bit like you are resigned!

The yellow warning could not be clearer,  The red is in the top pocket she says,  I just hope it comes to light that somebody else breaches the rules.  I want it to be celtic again but after they tried a cover up and got caught!  Lets be clear some teams will cover this up now.

Fans at stadiums, very slim tyhis year, Weekly testing...nae chance, it will be costly twice weekly from here on in.

I feel VINDICATED

Brick Tamland

I think that you may well be correct, I would possibly add that the SPFL have begged them for one more chance knowing that one more breach and it's lockdown for the so called 'Elite', if that happened I would laugh my cock off.

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Basically SG have taken the action they can but also asking footballing aurhorites to come up with their own actions in relation to the breaches.  I got the impression that the SG may have said to the authorities that you are in last chance saloon and you had better act with some positive actions.

John Findlay

I wonder if Rod Petrie, let Jason Leitch know in no uncertain terms at the conference calls this morning, or was it as I expect, Rod was put  firmly back in his place.

So, if one of our players commits a breach of the covid protocols as part of the training "bubble", would that be enough to merit Nicola's red card and get the whole of Scottish football shut down?

Tempting... ;)

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

So, if one of our players commits a breach of the covid protocols as part of the training "bubble", would that be enough to merit Nicola's red card and get the whole of Scottish football shut down?

Tempting... ;)

Agent Damour standing by

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen have won a gold watch here.

They'll not now play Celtic either with less players, if Celtic can't play this week.

Exactly what I was thinking. Decent result for the sheep 

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think postponements on their own are much of a punishment, particularly if they are rescheduled to a date when fans are allowed back in stadiums.  I think that docking a couple of points from each club would have a greater impact.

However, we will still get the whataboutery about Rangers "B" game against Dundee Utd going ahead with nine players who didn't have the testing clearance. That was put down to a "misunderstanding", with no sanctions applied.

Was it not yellow cards for the clubs?

SPFL have a decision to make here.  Punish the entire league by having a fixture pile up due to postponed games or only punish the offenders by having them forfeit the games they miss.

We all know which decision they’ll make. 

Ewan Murray

@mrewanmurray

·

21m

Neil Doncaster said last Saturday the SPFL had one spare fixture window....

SPFL running out of "windows" fast. And it's still only mid August . 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Great news. Meanwhile Sevco play & hopefully keep on winning

😲😲😲

….there's a sentence I never thought we would be saying! (Agree with you tho!)

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Great news. Meanwhile Sevco play & hopefully keep on winning. 

Thought this was a Hearts forum, think you are on the wrong forum

Hagar the Horrible

Celtic against the Icelandic side (note I cowarded away from spelling their name) that was due to play gets called off, as that will cost Celtic £Millions......Please please please!

41 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the Wiki entry for the Champions League 2020/21

Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic[edit]

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe, the following special rules are applicable to the qualifying phase and play-offs:[38]

• Prior to each draw, UEFA will publish the list of known travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. All teams must inform UEFA if there are other existing restrictions other than those published. If a team fails to do so which as a consequence the match cannot take place, the team is considered responsible and to have forfeited the match.
  • If travel restrictions imposed by the home team's country prevent the away team from entering, the home team must propose an alternative venue that allows the match to take place without any restrictions. Otherwise they are considered to have forfeited the match.
  • If travel restrictions imposed by the away team's country prevent the away team from leaving or returning, the home team must propose an alternative venue that allows the match to take place without any restrictions. Otherwise UEFA will decide on a venue.
  • If after the draw, new restrictions imposed by either the home team's or away team's country prevent the match from taking place, the team of that country are considered to have forfeited the match.
  • If either team refuses to play the match, they are considered to have forfeited the match. If both teams refuse to play or are responsible for a match not taking place, both teams are disqualified.
  • If a team has players and/or officials tested positive for COVID-19 preventing them from playing the match before the deadline set by UEFA, they are considered to have forfeited the match.
  • In all cases, the two teams may agree to play the match at the away team's country or at a neutral country, subject to UEFA's approval. UEFA has the final authority to decide on a venue for any match, or to reschedule any match if necessary.
  • If, for any reason, the qualifying phase and play-offs cannot be completed before the deadline set by UEFA, UEFA will decide on the principles for determining the teams qualified for the group stage.

So clear rules by UEFA that will have been with the SFA (and SPFL) for weeks and our lot sat on their backsides for weeks to top and tail.

Notably when Ian Blair has no skin in the game for fixtures.

We assume Celtic trained this week and last week. We can also assume that Bolangoli was officially allowed not to train since he wasn’t there. It’s unthinkable that Celtic didn’t give him permission to be absent and equally unthinkable that they didn’t know where he was. Someone at the club knew. Celtic are lying about this.quite clearly.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

😲😲😲

….there's a sentence I never thought we would be saying! (Agree with you tho!)

I feel dirty for saying it but schad-hun-freude is a wonderful thing 😆

Whatsthefuture
13 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

SPFL will order Celtic to play next 3 games with no fans as punishment 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's not about how many players have or don't have the virus. This is about a flagrant breach of the agreed protocols between the football authorities and the Scottish Government.

The SFA and SPFL will want the SG to dictate actions, thereby insulating itself from having to act on their own. However, it seems that the SG wants the the football authorities to be seen to be acting appropriately.

I was talking about their Champions League qualifier, if 20 players have it you can be damn sure it will have everything to do with their game being cancelled. 
The SPFL&SFA are gutless and weak, they need the SG to make the decisions as they won’t, they will say they’ve done all they can and shrug their collective shoulders.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ewan Murray

@mrewanmurray

·

21m

Neil Doncaster said last Saturday the SPFL had one spare fixture window....

SPFL running out of "windows" fast. And it's still only mid August . 

Bad winters tend happen every 3 or 4 years, we are due one

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Celtic against the Icelandic side (note I cowarded away from spelling their name) that was due to play gets called off, as that will cost Celtic £Millions......Please please please!

This would be glorious! ...would almost make up for a season in the Championship!

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

We assume Celtic trained this week and last week. We can also assume that Bolangoli was officially allowed not to train since he wasn’t there. It’s unthinkable that Celtic didn’t give him permission to be absent and equally unthinkable that they didn’t know where he was. Someone at the club knew. Celtic are lying about this.quite clearly.

It would be dynamite if they let him go to discuss terms with a Spanish Club

Hagar the Horrible

If the UEFA laws are also clear then the Icelandic side should get EUFA to impose this, and thus gain a free bye

If after the draw, new restrictions imposed by either the home team's or away team's country prevent the match from taking place, the team of that country are considered to have forfeited the match.

16 minutes ago, henryheart said:

She’s told them to shoot the wee green and white hooped puppy that they love so so much.

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Totally agree.

A football decision. Jesus wept that fud Doncaster can't decide whether to go for a piss or a shite, and when he does go he probably sits doon for a piss and stands up for a shite.

:lol:

So now its Celtics turn.. Anti-Celtic minded anyone? 

This is delightful. There's no one in charge at the SPFL. just a bunch of old idiots who haven't got a clue.. this is going to cost clubs plenty.