Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I'm more than a little suspicious that they had no idea that their player, who's supposed to be in a sporting 'bubble', managed to fly to Spain and get back without ANY single media person learning about it.

I’m pretty sure that somebody would have known about this. If the rumours are right that he was over there talking to another club then it’s beyond unbelievable that Celtic would not have known where he was and what he was doing.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

I wonder if the “community service” as seemingly (and robustly and proactively with full force of leadership!) touted by SPFL / SFA is the Sc Govt request that the clubs and players join in a media campaign about covid?

I notice tic were very quick (and clever and sleekit) to acknowledge the postponement of their two games by saying “we accept this punishment.” So they have set the narrative that they have already been “punished” (as opposed to a mere public health intervention for the health and lives of all!!).

If the SPFL is abandoned because the players and clubs can’t keep to the rules, I wonder if the Championship clubs could volunteer to be the main league this season and for Sky Sports to broadcast those games ...?!

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

As others have said I find it very hard to believe they didn't know that he had gone/returned from Spain. 

They are the masters of the carpet sweep though. 

Always have been clever at scraping the shit off themselves and ensuring that it sticks elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Petrie has already said plans are being out in place to state the punishment if this happens again. 

Basically they cannot punish aberdeen or Celtic because they had no code of conduct in place.

The running of the game up here has gone from “laughable” to “disgusting”. 

As I understand it, the SPFL rules currently do not include a rule for deducting points from a team due to the postponement of a game as a result of a player's action (during lockdown).

With luck the rules will be updated BUT may not be back dated to be applied to Aberdeen and Celtic.

Personally, I would like to see:

Postponement

14 days quarantine

game awarded to opposition 3-0

3 pts deduction

14 minutes ago, Gilamas said:

I wonder if the “community service” as seemingly (and robustly and proactively with full force of leadership!) touted by SPFL / SFA is the Sc Govt request that the clubs and players join in a media campaign about covid?

I notice tic were very quick (and clever and sleekit) to acknowledge the postponement of their two games by saying “we accept this punishment.” So they have set the narrative that they have already been “punished” (as opposed to a mere public health intervention for the health and lives of all!!).

If the SPFL is abandoned because the players and clubs can’t keep to the rules, I wonder if the Championship clubs could volunteer to be the main league this season and for Sky Sports to broadcast those games ...?!

Learned a thing or two from their blue cousins about being “punished enough”.

Just now, Tasavallan said:

As I understand it, the SPFL rules currently do not include a rule for deducting points from a team due to the postponement of a game as a result of a player's action (during lockdown).

With luck the rules will be updated BUT may not be back dated to be applied to Aberdeen and Celtic.

Personally, I would like to see:

Postponement

14 days quarantine

game awarded to opposition 3-0

3 pts deduction

The problem now is that the next team that falls foul of this - and it could be us - will receive a punishment that those two clubs did not, and it is in the same season.

We could be talking court cases again if the end result is a relegation, missing out on Europe or even the title/promotion.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Looking for a way to get him out the door without a pay-off 

Hope not, he'll be at hibs and add 15-20 goals to them a season for the forseeable. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

14 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Celtic could be 11 points behind Rangers by the time they're allowed to play again. 10 in row down the swanny perhaps haha

I sincerely hope so.  That fallout would be absolutely epic.  Would be everything they deserve.  Would be especially brilliant if there was another shut down and they awarded the title to Rangers on a PPG average.  I’m sure the SPFL would all of a sudden be desperate to play the season out all of a sudden. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Sorry to be doom and gloom but this was why we needed to win the arbitration.

We could be down here for 2 years through no fault of our own.

Although if the season collapses I am sure a few SPL clubs will collapse too before we do and there will be reconstruction for next season.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The problem now is that the next team that falls foul of this - and it could be us - will receive a punishment that those two clubs did not, and it is in the same season.

We could be talking court cases again if the end result is a relegation, missing out on Europe or even the title/promotion.

Tbh, they need to be pro active rather than reactive. 

If measures are put in place now and any club falls foul, no on can complain- going forward, but the rules and punishments should have been clear. 

My biggest issue with everything is how it is all ad hoced, nothing is put in place, even now - if the season is curtailed we are back to what happened in April. 

There should have been a punishment in place already when the rules with the league were agreed. 

As usual we are left looking clueless, leaderless and pretty ****ing stupid. 

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The bloody clubs should also be punished for not controlling their employee, would make all clubs more strict and aware.

Of course this is the joke that is Scottish Football.

It does yet again call into question Doncaster's competency. Why did they not consider punishments for infringements of the rules? - it is bloody footballers we are talking about here after all...It seems to be a case of the blind leading the blind in Scottish football. Everything that happens seems to come at Doncaster from leftfield. He seems incapable of making solid plans at all. You could get someone of similar competence doing his job for £30-40k pa (and I'm not exagerating)...

Edited by Spellczech

I always had the idea that clubs were in the habit of holding player passports to reduce the risk of things going wrong when they travel for European ties.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I always had the idea that clubs were in the habit of holding player passports to reduce the risk of things going wrong when they travel for European ties.

I wonder if Boli was the one that booked the flight tickets to Spain or his employers, just saying.

What I can't understand is how on earth did bolingoli get through, I'm assuming Glasgow airport and nobody recognised him surely some security or customs personal should have outed him

2 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

What I can't understand is how on earth did bolingoli get through, I'm assuming Glasgow airport and nobody recognised him surely some security or customs personal should have outed him

I wouldn’t recognise him if he shat on my doorstep, tbh.

6 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I wonder if Boli was the one that booked the flight tickets to Spain or his employers, just saying.

We will never know because there is simply zero appetite for anyone to ask the question.

Celtic have hung him out to dry on the basis it is an individual error, not the clubs. Would have been interesting had it been a first choice player who did this.

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Something reeks about this whole day to Spain thing. 

I reckon the victims are at it. 

100%.

But who Is prepared to dig far enough?

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, Blackshades said:

Perhaps the track and trace worked, he would have been told at customs to self iscolate for 2 weeks,  He chose to break the law.  Somebody at *Celtic Knew, I bet my bottom dollar!  Got I hope that is true and exposed that Lennon knew

Just now, DETTY29 said:

100%.

Indeed it reeks of "Aye, you can go and speak to them but if you get caught it is all on you"

How can Celtic get threatened with ‘community service’ if they have to live in a football bubble?

Do the SPFL/SFA never think things through properly?

🤔

Gordon Ramsay
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Something reeks about this whole day to Spain thing. 

I reckon the victims are at it. 

Definitely. 

15 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Celtic could be 11 points behind Rangers by the time they're allowed to play again. 10 in row down the swanny perhaps haha

That would be covidkarmatastic

Season 19/20 shut down due to a global pandemic and the SPFL jump at the chance to award the tims the 9 in a row they were desperate for, whilst punishing Hearts, Partick and Stranrear, none of which did anything wrong.

Season 20/21 shut down due to a global pandemic and player idiocy. Covid makes sure the tims don't get 10.

Make it so.jpg

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

100%.

Maybe Keef will do some proper big boy journalism stuff?

😂

18 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I wouldn’t recognise him if he shat on my doorstep, tbh.

So if you were working as security or customs at Edinburgh airport and a hearts player  went through you wouldn't recognise him unlikely

1 minute ago, Blackshades said:

So if you were working as security or customs at Edinburgh airport and a hearts player  went through you wouldn't recognise him unlikely

Depends who it was, I suppose. Some more than others. Depends if the security staff are football fans.

11 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

To be honest, i would struggle with half of them !

And i wouldn't grass them up if i did.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be honest, i would struggle with half of them !

And i wouldn't grass them up if i did.

So you would be quite happy for them to go abroad maybe Infect their team mates and family and you wouldn't say anything, gobsmacking. there is a world pandemic he isn't hiding someones shoes 

Just now, Blackshades said:

So you would be quite happy for them to go abroad maybe Infect their team mates and family and you wouldn't say anything, gobsmacking. there is a world pandemic he isn't hiding someones shoes 

To be honest, i'm not getting into this debate because i am not sure how it would play out. As a security officer my job is to keep passengers safe but, if it came out later that the player had caused us issues and was lying about it...who knows?

By the way, if the player played for anyone else i would be on the blower to the local paper before they even boarded the plane 😀

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be honest, i'm not getting into this debate because i am not sure how it would play out. As a security officer my job is to keep passengers safe but, if it came out later that the player had caused us issues and was lying about it...who knows?

By the way, if the player played for anyone else i would be on the blower to the local paper before they even boarded the plane 😀

👍

35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Doncaster has probably asked someone to produce a paper.  

Has the smug fartpiece surfaced yet ? 

Just before the season started we had some scenario planning in evidence in pre-season game that you could have followed through some disciplinary outcomes.

1.  Hibs v. Ross County - Standard run of the mill game postponed because results not back in time for one team to allow game to go ahead (with other team already in transit)

2. Motherwell v. Rangers - Likely TV game delayed by 2 hours to await test results.

3. Rangers (XI) v. Dundee United - played but shouldn't have been.  Club mis-understood testing protocols.  Oh and included an OF team at fault too.

Indeed that pretty much covers it apart from a team deliberately letting a match go ahead they know shouldn't have.

So that's virtually the paper completed, just a few gaps to put in.

And as per usual, excuses accepted and try and work out any future indiscretions on the hoof. 

Edited by DETTY29

They need to backdate the punishments. Which they won't. 

All sorts of trouble in store making them inconsistent. 

Even player punishments. 

what is the deal with what happens when you hop off a plane from a country on the isolation list anyone know?  Surely you are told when going through passport etc.  They should be filtered into a different area to queue for passports etc too.  Naivety is no excuse

my neighbors came back on Monday night and they are away to work, kids away to schools etc - they obviously don't give a sh1t, but outbreaks are easily created from just a couple of folk not following the rules

Celtic knew where Boli was, he came back and trained with them, went to a game, leaving a huge potential COVID spider to develop and countless folk at risk 

1 minute ago, DarthVodka said:

what is the deal with what happens when you hop off a plane from a country on the isolation list anyone know?  Surely you are told when going through passport etc.  They should be filtered into a different area to queue for passports etc too.  Naivety is no excuse

my neighbors came back on Monday night and they are away to work, kids away to schools etc - they obviously don't give a sh1t, but outbreaks are easily created from just a couple of folk not following the rules

Celtic knew where Boli was, he came back and trained with them, went to a game, leaving a huge potential COVID spider to develop and countless folk at risk 

If you come from an area on the list your details should be taken and you give an address say where you are going to self isolate for the next 14 days.

Spot checks are (not being) done and if you aren't where you say you are, you risk a fine.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

If you come from an area on the list your details should be taken and you give an address say where you are going to self isolate for the next 14 days.

Spot checks are (not being) done and if you aren't where you say you are, you risk a fine.

I presumed as much!

9 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Drop an anonymous call to the police re your neighbours. Should sort the issue out. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Petrie has already said plans are being out in place to state the punishment if this happens again. 

Basically they cannot punish aberdeen or Celtic because they had no code of conduct in place.

The running of the game up here has gone from “laughable” to “disgusting”. 

They do have rules against playing an ineligible player. Not sure what they are, but I'm pretty sure it involves point deduction.... and he WAS ineligible - the police will confirm that. 

19 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Spot checks are being done. I flew from Faro to Manchester in July. My electronic form was checked (not in detail). I travelled by train to Scotland that day. 2 days later I had a food parcel delivered from local council who had been given my details from the online database. 

Hagar the Horrible

Lets be clear because it was Celtic and also Aberdeen were on the telly, those games would have been played by the JRG and the SPFL, they would have put money before lives.  The SG had to apply significant pressure to cancel the games,  Also the FM wanted to call a temp halt to the whole season, but had to be convinced otherwise.

If it was down to Doncaster, nobody caught covid, we were vindicated, lets move on, put it all behind us

Its like trying to decide between diarhea and constipation on the league, but if Celtic lose 10IAR because they screwed up the season and clubs started dying.....

4 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Spot checks are being done. I flew from Faro to Manchester in July. My electronic form was checked (not in detail). I travelled by train to Scotland that day. 2 days later I had a food parcel delivered from local council who had been given my details from the online database. 

Sending you a food parcel is not a spot check it is to give you food while you are in self isolation

Hagar the Horrible

This is Rugby league, you know the silly version when after you are tackled you have to lie down and wriggle like a fish, or you lose the ball.  and they dont have scrums or line outs but have banned them anyway.

Anyhoo I diverse, nobody yet knows how this started but can you imagine if one of those players went to Spain before the game

Super League has been thrown into chaos after six Hull FC players, five of whom played against Salford on Sunday, tested positive for Covid-19.

Two members of the coaching team have also returned positive results in tests that took place the day after the game.

A further player will be retested after an inconclusive result.

Both clubs have been told to cancel training over the next few days with those who have tested positive being forced to quarantine until 21 August.

The results of Salford's tests have not yet been returned.

The RFL is set to analyse Sunday's game to determine how many players will now be required to self-isolate as a result of prolonged contacts with the infected players, as part of procedures agreed with Public Health England.

Scrums have been eradicated from the game for the rest of this season to reduce the number of hot-spot contamination risks on the field. But tackles involving at least two defenders are considered a risk. Any player involved in lengthy contact in a tackle with a player who has tested positive will have to self-isolate.

The news is a bombshell in only the second week of the Super League's return from lockdown. It puts Hull's game against Castleford next Sunday in doubt, as well as Salford's match with Catalans Dragons on Saturday.

Both matches were due to be played as part of a full round of fixtures behind closed doors at St Helens.

The Challenge Cup tie between Hull and Castleford, set to be shown on BBC One the following weekend, is also now in doubt. The RFL says it will make an announcement on those fixtures as soon as possible.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sorry to be doom and gloom but this was why we needed to win the arbitration.

We could be down here for 2 years through no fault of our own.

Although if the season collapses I am sure a few SPL clubs will collapse too before we do and there will be reconstruction for next season.

If the plug gets pulled on the season they will be struggling to get enough teams for one division when (or if) it ever restarts

"In the wake of the Boli Bolingoli controversy, the SPFL board is set to ratify a range of punishments for players - including fines, suspensions and possibly community service"..............only the SPFL would put at risk people in close proximity to covid precaution avoiders!!!!!!!

Jambo 4 Ever
27 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

"In the wake of the Boli Bolingoli controversy, the SPFL board is set to ratify a range of punishments for players - including fines, suspensions and possibly community service"..............only the SPFL would put at risk people in close proximity to covid precaution avoiders!!!!!!!

Not true - plenty of things they can do without coming in to contact with other 

24 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Not true - plenty of things they can do without coming in to contact with other 

Spoiler!

Possibly true!

Mark_Mywords

Were the JRG not supposed to draft up a list of punishments/sanctions BEFORE the season started?  I'm sure I read this somewhere.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Doncaster has probably asked someone to produce a paper.  

Has the smug fartpiece surfaced yet ? 

He reminds me if this creepy ******* some reason. 

escape-from-la.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Lennon's taking the p155 with his "the postponements are the appropriate punishment".

A penalty which is no penalty at all. Just like the many they get from referees. 

Lennon totally failing to see that a postponement is a consequence of the player's action - it is not a punishment.

He is quoted in the papers today as talking about using the episode as a "motivation".

Seriously, the guy is off his rocker. 

And the idea that the SPFL is going to introduce some form of "community service" beggars belief.