Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Just wait til the Championship starts, if you think the postponements are embarrassing for the Premiership.

Part-timers interacting with work colleagues, going shopping, seeing family & friends all after being tested, then meeting up with teammates on a Saturday.

I fully expect us to have more games postponed than Aberdeen.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Lawwell in mid July:

He said: "We have discussed the idea of 'pilot' games with the Scottish Government and believe it provides a safe, sensible way forward. As a club, we have put enormous thought and effort into making Celtic Park fully compliant with all public health-related requirements while allowing our supporters to return to watching football.

"It is acknowledged that Scottish football has been exemplary in implementing all the safeguards required of it, first to get back into training and, from August 1, to playing competitive SPFL matches.

"We are convinced that this should now be accompanied by a phased return of spectators which would be good, not only for the game of football but also for public health and morale in Scotland more generally.

NS just put him in the bin, where he belongs. 

1 minute ago, Spok said:

Guaranteed the SPFL will rearrange the Celtic v Aberdeen game for when crowds are permitted back in so Celtic can make some money out the situation

They rearranging the game to 2022? :lol:

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, bean counter said:

The First Minister bottled it

The first minister will act on the advice of the experts. so we'll find out shortly.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I said this earlier today before the SG press conference.

Bolingoli was ineligible.

Simples. 

He was indeed, He was on the pitch when under SG guidelines he should have been in his house self isolating for the same 14 days as we all have to do. I wonder what Neil will do as we all know he is a stickler for the rules.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No chance Celtic will have any games called off. Anyone else it would have been done by now. 

What is the SPFL doing about any of this ?

I don't work in Public Health.

But I've been affected. In a public health situation eg food poisoning or Covid 19 you are dealing with people with absolute power who can decide anything. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Just wait til the Championship starts, if you think the postponements are embarrassing for the Premiership.

Part-timers interacting with work colleagues, going shopping, seeing family & friends all after being tested, then meeting up with teammates on a Saturday.

Which is why clear guidelines should have been in place to award ties if games not played.

4 months ago I was saying restructure based on ability to comply with strict testing protocols.....

Pasquale for King

Lennon saying they told all the players not to leave Glasgow, he went to Spain, came back and trained all week without telling anyone he was away. Agreed that he can’t argue with what Sturgeon said, also mentioned the strict protocols they’ve been under. Rest of the players are angry. Might’ve been in talks with another club but they don’t know. 

She gave football a yellow card today and promised a red if there were any further mistakes. Swinney must be sweating about what she is going to give him when he kicks off at 2.50 today. Seems we are getting very close to some draconian measures coming up eg pubs shut if any issues with schools etc. 

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

Thankfully throughout this fiasco and the previous one, we have strong leadership at the SPFL. People can say what they like but Scottish football is lucky to have that leader in Neil Doncaster, a man of integrity and wisdom way beyond his years. Well done Neil , without you Scottish football would be in one hell of a mess and indeed a laughing stock

Mrs Dungcaster, please tell your husband to stop hiding in the cupboard and get to work.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

His contract should be terminated.

They might, but he cost £3m and has a four year deal. I’m sure their lawyers are on the case. 

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Good points. For wealthy full-time  pros to self-isolate is a lot easier than part timers who have jobs to go to. I think we better get used to the idea that the Championship won't happen.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They might, but he cost £3m and has a four year deal. I’m sure their lawyers are on the case. 

Gross misconduct?

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Let's see what happens by the end of the day.

Indeed. This isn’t done yet. And postpone the of games won’t be enough. She’ll want to see proper punishment dealt out. I reckon she’s minded to suspend all football for 2 weeks as a shot across the bows. We’ll see by 6 o clock

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Good points. For wealthy full-time  pros to self-isolate is a lot easier than part timers who have jobs to go to. I think we better get used to the idea that the Championship won't happen.

I have no idea how the Championship can safely kick off.  And that seriously concerns me.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Gross misconduct?

Quite possibly, especially if the rumours that he was over in Spain meeting with another clubs officials are true.
A stiffer punishment might be to loan him to Hibs 😱😜

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

This is the whole reason we need to wait till October, because bubbles for part time clubs is unworkable. They are hoping for the start of phase 4 by October so the restrictions won’t be as severe

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I have no idea how the Championship can safely kick off.  And that seriously concerns me.

We won’t be allowed to watch games At tynecastle for quite some time I’m sure 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I have no idea how the Championship can safely kick off. 

We have to hope there’s progress by then, I won’t hold my breath.

26 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Can't even find the words to describe how tinpot Scottish football is. 

Tinpottiest of tinpot things  

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's lovely sitting back watching this shambles 

Yes, it's great not to be in the middle of it all for a change.

12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I can't see a season running in any meaningful fashion for the Championship. It won't work out well for us. 

The senior league  got the resource to make this work. How can it be better in the league below.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

This is the whole reason we need to wait till October, because bubbles for part time clubs is unworkable. They are hoping for the start of phase 4 by October so the restrictions won’t be as severe

It’s why reconstruction should have happened with only professional teams playing for the foreseeable future despite the hardships it would undoubtedly cause part time clubs. 1 year only 16 teams or what ever number of professional teams there are play home and away. Then revert back to the status quo that we have now. 

If these clubs knew the guidelines why not deduct them points? they've not really been punished at all as they'll still play the games at a later date (and probably when fans are starting to reappear at games)

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite possibly, especially if the rumours that he was over in Spain meeting with another clubs officials are true.
A stiffer punishment might be to loan him to Hibs 😱😜

Or Brechin.

17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I said this earlier today before the SG press conference.

Bolingoli was ineligible.

Simples. 

Surely either points deduction or forfeit game to give Killie the win.

31 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I admit that I'm not all that clear about the isolation rules but as I understand it Bolingoli should have self isolated for 14 days on return as he's assumed to be infectious. Taking Tests doesn't change that because symptoms and therefore infectiousness can take up to 14 days to appear. Therefore shouldn't everyone who has been in contact with him, which is almost everyone at Celtic and anyone who was in the Kilmarnock squad now self- isolate for 14 days? It will be chaotic very soon if that's the case. 

yes.  funny thing is he only played 7 minutes at the end as a sub :)  Although I am not sure how much social distancing he did whilst not on the field.

Has anyone heard or even seen Fraser Wishart since the Aberdeen fiasco?

Surely as it’s the PFA members causing this that someone in the media would be after him for a comment?.

During discussions this morning with the Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing a request was received – and subsequently agreed by the Joint Response Group – for the postponement of the following fixtures:

Wednesday 12 August
Aberdeen v Hamilton Academical
St Mirren v Celtic

Saturday 15 August
Aberdeen v Celtic

These matches have been postponed in light of ongoing restrictions in Aberdeen and today’s news of a breach of government public health guidance and football protocols involving the Celtic FC player, Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo.

During further discussions today with the Minister and government advisers, the JRG has offered to work on a range of measures – which will involve the whole of professional football in Scotland - to underpin a commitment to raising public health awareness and reaffirm the collective responsibility of the national game.

Rod Petrie, Chair of the JRG: “The Joint Response Group has acted swiftly and decisively in addressing the latest concerns raised by the minister on behalf of Scottish Government. While the decision to postpone these games is deeply regrettable nevertheless in the circumstances it is unavoidable and uncontestable.

“The JRG members were astounded to learn of the recklessness demonstrated by Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in his breach of government public health guidance and football protocols. We echo the sentiments of Celtic FC in their condemnatory statement and commend the club’s swiftness in opening a disciplinary investigation.

“That this comes on the back of eight Aberdeen players showing similar disregard for public health is disrespectful not just to every football team-mate, fellow player and colleague but also to every fan in this country. It is also hugely damaging to the image, reputation and sustainability of the game.

“We sympathise with the position this puts the Scottish Government in as the country is tentatively easing its way out of lockdown restrictions.

“We agree wholeheartedly with the unequivocal message relayed to managers and captains by the National Clinical Director for Scotland, Professor Jason Leitch, last night. Clubs and players are in no doubt that there is now no more margin for error and no more scope for further breaches.

“Since March, the Joint Response Group has worked hand-in-hand with government advisers and medical experts to ensure a safe return for the professional game, with clubs undertaking to fulfil their obligations.

“Players must heed the warning of the First Minister that this is a yellow-card moment for Scottish football.

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Executive: “We have only been able to restart matches thanks to the enormous efforts and sacrifices of literally thousands of people across the Scottish game. For anyone to put that in jeopardy in such a thoughtless and selfish manner is just beyond belief.

“The vast majority of players and officials who have strictly observed the necessary restrictions will rightly see this as a real kick in the teeth. 

“Everyone knows that this season’s fixture schedule is already horrendously tight without having to reschedule matches because of the irresponsible actions of a handful of players.”

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Gross misconduct?

No, that's Bob Loblaw.

tenor.gif?itemid=7770998

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I have no idea how the Championship can safely kick off. 

If they can't compete safely then they forfeit the games. They can't say they weren't warned.

Pasquale for King
Just now, HMFC01 said:

yes.  funny thing is he only played 7 minutes at the end as a sub :)  Although I am not sure how much social distancing he did whilst not on the field.

He trained all week with the team, spent Saturday night in a hotel with them. 

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

including Celtic’s game against Reykjavik? Hard to believe. Sturgeon is well aware that the SNP’s success over the last decade has been built on wresting the west of Scotland catholic vote away from Labour. There’s a limit to how much she’ll be willing to upset the Celtic-minded.

Look this isn’t the place for politics but she is not the least interested in the west of Scotland catholic vote or upsetting the Celtic Minded. She’s been having little spats with Lawell for the last 3-4 years for a start.  I don’t think she’s been canvassing votes or grandstanding to please her electorate at all in the last 5 months. She’s barely made a political statement of any kind in fact and hardly mentioned independence.

20 minutes ago, David Black said:

Thankfully throughout this fiasco and the previous one, we have strong leadership at the SPFL. People can say what they like but Scottish football is lucky to have that leader in Neil Doncaster, a man of integrity and wisdom way beyond his years. Well done Neil , without you Scottish football would be in one hell of a mess and indeed a laughing stock

🤣

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

including Celtic’s game against Reykjavik? Hard to believe. Sturgeon is well aware that the SNP’s success over the last decade has been built on wresting the west of Scotland catholic vote away from Labour. There’s a limit to how much she’ll be willing to upset the Celtic-minded.

correct it was like getting a telling off from your Gran knowing full well she wasnt going to clout you like your parents might - just dont do it again 

3 minutes ago, number-16 said:

If they can't compete safely then they forfeit the games. They can't say they weren't warned.

I agree but there's nothing in the rules for that, or it would have meant Premiership games would already have been forfeited.

3 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

During discussions this morning with the Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing a request was received – and subsequently agreed by the Joint Response Group – for the postponement of the following fixtures:

Wednesday 12 August
Aberdeen v Hamilton Academical
St Mirren v Celtic

Saturday 15 August
Aberdeen v Celtic

These matches have been postponed in light of ongoing restrictions in Aberdeen and today’s news of a breach of government public health guidance and football protocols involving the Celtic FC player, Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo.

During further discussions today with the Minister and government advisers, the JRG has offered to work on a range of measures – which will involve the whole of professional football in Scotland - to underpin a commitment to raising public health awareness and reaffirm the collective responsibility of the national game.

Rod Petrie, Chair of the JRG: “The Joint Response Group has acted swiftly and decisively in addressing the latest concerns raised by the minister on behalf of Scottish Government. While the decision to postpone these games is deeply regrettable nevertheless in the circumstances it is unavoidable and uncontestable.

“The JRG members were astounded to learn of the recklessness demonstrated by Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in his breach of government public health guidance and football protocols. We echo the sentiments of Celtic FC in their condemnatory statement and commend the club’s swiftness in opening a disciplinary investigation.

“That this comes on the back of eight Aberdeen players showing similar disregard for public health is disrespectful not just to every football team-mate, fellow player and colleague but also to every fan in this country. It is also hugely damaging to the image, reputation and sustainability of the game.

“We sympathise with the position this puts the Scottish Government in as the country is tentatively easing its way out of lockdown restrictions.

“We agree wholeheartedly with the unequivocal message relayed to managers and captains by the National Clinical Director for Scotland, Professor Jason Leitch, last night. Clubs and players are in no doubt that there is now no more margin for error and no more scope for further breaches.

“Since March, the Joint Response Group has worked hand-in-hand with government advisers and medical experts to ensure a safe return for the professional game, with clubs undertaking to fulfil their obligations.

“Players must heed the warning of the First Minister that this is a yellow-card moment for Scottish football.

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Executive: “We have only been able to restart matches thanks to the enormous efforts and sacrifices of literally thousands of people across the Scottish game. For anyone to put that in jeopardy in such a thoughtless and selfish manner is just beyond belief.

“The vast majority of players and officials who have strictly observed the necessary restrictions will rightly see this as a real kick in the teeth. 

“Everyone knows that this season’s fixture schedule is already horrendously tight without having to reschedule matches because of the irresponsible actions of a handful of players.”

He forgot to mention ****ing us over. What a ***** he is.

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

In what way is it lovely?

Well the spfl have shown they bottle it when celtic involved and now the first minister showing them how leadership should ne 

29 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

yeah Donkey probably already offer Liewell that 

Doncaster does not “offer” anything, to Celtic (nor Rangers actually), Lawwell is effectively just boss. He does as he is instructed. People need to open their eyes to this.

manaliveits105

The JRG -" echo the sentiments of Celtic FC " 

well there is a feckin surprise ya corrupt bunch of tossers - it was them that broke the rules and need punished - postponing the game isnt a punishment 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aberdeen v Hamilton OFF, St Midden v Celtic OFF, Celtic v Aberdeen OFF 

SPFL AND SFA TELT 😍

Fine, but where’s the punishment. This is just convenient match re-scheduling. It’s doing nothing to send a message .in fact it’s sending a message that says, break the rules and you’ll get to play the games later

Edited by JimmyCant