Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aberdeen v Hamilton OFF, St Midden v Celtic OFF, Celtic v Aberdeen OFF 

SPFL AND SFA TELT 😍

This season's Scottish cup will now be declared null and void, so as to free up space for the postponed league games.

Champions league means far more to Celtic than the Scottish Cup.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

11 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No, that's Bob Loblaw.

tenor.gif?itemid=7770998

Loved Arrest Development.  Never seen the latest series, though.

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Love how any statement has to say how amazing celtic have been throughout all this :lol: tragic 

It is noticeable.  😎 

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This season's Scottish cup will now be declared null and void, so as to free up space for the postponed league games.

Champions league means far more to Celtic than the Scottish Cup.

Celtic and Aberdeen to withdraw. 😎

33 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Lawwell in mid July:

He said: "We have discussed the idea of 'pilot' games with the Scottish Government and believe it provides a safe, sensible way forward. As a club, we have put enormous thought and effort into making Celtic Park fully compliant with all public health-related requirements while allowing our supporters to return to watching football.

"It is acknowledged that Scottish football has been exemplary in implementing all the safeguards required of it, first to get back into training and, from August 1, to playing competitive SPFL matches.

"We are convinced that this should now be accompanied by a phased return of spectators which would be good, not only for the game of football but also for public health and morale in Scotland more generally.

or "Wee needs the money honey, FM sturgeon" "Please don't break our balls".  

Next on the agenda for the SPFL this week:  How do we get Celtic through the UEFA qualifiers and into the big money.  

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

Everyone knows that this season’s fixture schedule is already horrendously tight without having to reschedule matches because of the irresponsible actions of a handful of players.”

And who's fault is that? They could have had a curtailed league. They could have reconstructed with fewer games. They could have cancelled the League Cup. They could have played the Scottish Cup to a finish earlier or cancelled it. They could have finished the previous season's fixtures and delayed the next season like in England, and used those games to test and refine protocols, etc to ensure the new season is disrupted as little as possible. All their problems are of their own making in the way they've handled this.

And the other leagues haven't even started yet. There's no way part-time players will be able to keep to the protocols, and they're expecting these PT clubs to play the Premiership clubs in cup games. Mental from start to finish.

Nice downplay at the end there. Funny how he picks and chooses when to shout "armageddon" and when to say "nothing to see here".

Edited by ToqueJambo

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Love how any statement has to say how amazing celtic have been throughout all this :lol: tragic 

Pathetic, isn’t it. There is no way that absolutely nobody at Celtic knew where  this Boli guy had been. If he isn’t sacked, it will be because he can spill the beans, unless they pay him to keep quiet.

There have to be questions asked as to how these two Celtic players, let’s not forget Griffiths,  flouted vital regulations that should have been read out, listened to and signed on a training record card, like any other business.

Nice to see Doncaster has been briefed, at long last, by Geppetto, and has emerged from behind the sofa.

Petrie probably wishing he was still on sick leave.

There is surely no chance of the SG allowing clubs to experiment with even limited spectators any time soon, if they can’t get their employees to follow the simple rules.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And who's fault is that? They could have had a curtailed league. They could have reconstructed with fewer games. They could have cancelled the League Cup. They could have played the Scottish Cup to a finish earlier or cancelled it. They could have finished the previous season's fixtures and delayed the next season like in England, and used those games to test and refine protocols, etc to ensure the new season is disrupted as little as possible. All their problems are of their own making in the way they've handled this.

And the other leagues haven't even started yet. There's no way part-time players will be able to keep to the protocols, and they're expecting these PT clubs to play the Premiership clubs in cup games. Mental from start to finish.

Nice downplay at the end there. Funny how he picks and chooses when to shout "armageddon" and when to say "nothing to see here".

The shambles we are witnessing now is simply a continuation of the nonsense we saw over the summer.

Appalling 'leadership' from a man paid £400k per year, hiding behind the Scottish Government this time, and not the will of diddy clubs like Albion Rovers. I am surprised he never asked Sturgeon to submit a paper before he agreed to postpone those games.

We tried to change things, we exposed the inadequacies of the governing body and hardly anyone backed us up (some even wanted us kicked out of the league). Those clubs effectively gave ND a vote of confidence. They have made their beds and they can lie in them as far as i care, because it is simply not our problem anymore,

33 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I have no idea how the Championship can safely kick off.  And that seriously concerns me.

It's been bothering me as well.  On my mind since the training mess up with Rangers versus the Dundee Utd b team.  To be honest it's been mentioned way back a few months ago as a possibility, it's only coming into to extreme focus now.

Shut it down, Nicola, put  them out of their misery before the cold weather comes

Edited by Riccarton3

gorgie rd eh11
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. Doncaster and his masters have left no wiggle room at all and two weeks in that is already being shown as idiotic. How he and the shambolic SPFL/SFA boards are still here is stunning.

34 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It’s why reconstruction should have happened with only professional teams playing for the foreseeable future despite the hardships it would undoubtedly cause part time clubs. 1 year only 16 teams or what ever number of professional teams there are play home and away. Then revert back to the status quo that we have now. 

Correct.  We shouldn't be mixing with part-timers.  Although the top league are behaving like amateurs themselves.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You’re right.

The SPFL, and all the clubs, have had the entire summer to get sorted and think positively about how to get Scottish football moving and earning again. Instead of which, they concentrated on harming 3 clubs, thinking that would do. 
Now the disregard the SPFL clubs had for those 3 clubs has spread to not giving a hoot about the consequences of their behaviour to smaller, part time, clubs who will be at severe risk if Scottish football has to shut down again.

The lunatics are indeed running the asylum.

36 minutes ago, rory78 said:

If these clubs knew the guidelines why not deduct them points? they've not really been punished at all as they'll still play the games at a later date (and probably when fans are starting to reappear at games)

I think point deductions and awarding teams the 3 points seems fair for every club.  I don't think most clubs could afford fines as a fair for all measure.  Celtic could afford fines easy compared to the struggling sides.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kilmarnock games okay. 

Let Celtic sweat about the Champions League.

Surely the Killie games should be off as well if Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo played against them ?

35 minutes ago, schillaci said:

I can't see a season running in any meaningful fashion for the Championship. It won't work out well for us. 

The senior league  got the resource to make this work. How can it be better in the league below.

Premiership clubs are meant to be testing players twice a week and that's all the facilities at training every day.

How can championship and lower, control testing players the same amount or even once a week if they are PT?

Really starting to worry the championship doesn't go ahead. The red flag will be Betfred games called off due to late or missing test results.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Correct.  We shouldn't be mixing with part-timers.  Although the top league are behaving like amateurs themselves.

Yeah, should have reconstructed with a 16, 18 or 20 team league playing each other twice, maybe with some sort of play-off thing scheduled for late next year when hopefully things will be more normal.

Only FT teams confident of being able to keep to protocols and pay for testing should have been allowed in. The rest could shut their doors for the duration.

Instead, the SPFL have been acting like there is no pandemic and they can carry on as normal with all competitions. They even ADDED fixtures to the new season by moving the SC games there. They could end up paying a massive price. What happens to the fabled "TV deal" that seems to drive all their decision-making if there's another shutdown?

Personally think the SPFL should impose severe suspensions for any players caught breaking the rules like Bongoli (sp?) or the Aberdeen lads.

Like a 10 game suspension. Surely that would show clubs and players that they are serious about this. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Postponing games alone is not a punishment. There must be fines or point deductions. Otherwise the can just gets kicked further along the road.

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Premiership clubs are meant to be testing players twice a week and that's all the facilities at training every day.

How can championship and lower, control testing players the same amount or even once a week if they are PT?

Really starting to worry the championship doesn't go ahead. The red flag will be Betfred games called off due to late or missing test results.

This is the real reason we took them to court and for the compensation claim. Demotion is one thing. Demotion to a league that might not play is another thing completely. I hope we still have scope to go to the court of arbitration for sport if the Championship doesn't happen and the Premiership continues.

Toxteth O'Grady

St Johnstone, Hamilton and StMirren have all been disadvantaged - where are the punishments for Aberdeen and Celtic?

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, bean counter said:

The First Minister bottled it

don’t think it’s the First Minister that has bottled it or is bottling it just now

Just now, TheOak88 said:

Personally think the SPFL should impose severe suspensions for any players caught breaking the rules like Bongoli (sp?) or the Aberdeen lads.

Like a 10 game suspension. Surely that would show clubs and players that they are serious about this. 

Meant to add Griffiths to that as well, after his antics. 

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, happyjam said:

Surely the Killie games should be off as well if Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo played against them ?

If as much as one player tests possitive, then Boli and *Celtic will get the blame and the league WILL be suspended

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Postponing games alone is not a punishment. There must be fines or point deductions. Otherwise it the can just gets kicked further along the road.

It actually could benefit a club like Aberdeen with some injuries just now. 

Celtic are going to be going in pretty cold to their Euro tie though (if they don't get thrown out of that competition). Could be another entertaining early Euro exit for them.

3 minutes ago, happyjam said:

You would think but I'm not sure this is really about controlling the virus. It's sabre-rattling, otherwise you're correct, the killie game should be off. He's tested negative so I'm not sure why any games are off really. He should be fined though.

Just now, TheOak88 said:

If it wasn't a joke league, this would have merit. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, happyjam said:

14 day isolation if in contact I thought 

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Should be calls for this Celtic player to be punted in the tabloids. Put the whole thing in jeopardy, so he has likes

To be fair Green Teeth has hinted at that!!!!!  He was at another club holding talks and said heehaw.  I dont think Celtic like that sort of thing do you?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Taffin said:

You would think but I'm not sure this is really about controlling the virus. It's sabre-rattling, otherwise you're correct, the killie game should be off. He's tested negative so I'm not sure why any games are off really. He should be fined though.

Incubation period of up to 14 days is it not,  or something along those lines 

So far, we've seen absolutely stupidity from a handful of players who have risked much larger issues and outbreaks of COVID within their teams, and have risked spreading it to other teams who have been following the rules.  The actions should have been simple from the League:

1) Aberdeen should have been made to forfeit their game against St Johnstone, with Saints awarded a 3-0 win, as their own players actions caused them to not be available for selection.

2) Celtic should have been made to retroactively forfeit their game against Kilmarnock, with Killie awarded a 3-0 win, as one of their players action should have left them unavailable for selection, and should have been in quarantine (and therefore ineligible).

The precedent has been set.  Do what you ****ing like, and your game will just be moved.  If the League had come down hard on the clubs responsible for these fixtures being postponed, you can bet your arse that the clubs would have implemented *much* stricter rules for how their players should be conducting themselves.

MarkDevriesScores4

Agree with those that said if it was Hearts there would be fines or point deductions.

I’m actually quite enjoying watching Doncaster’s futile effort to form a league fall to pieces. He’ll be out by xmas. He’s failed to look after his members, he’s failed to attract any interest in commercial sponsorship and he has failed to act when his members flaunt protocol that they have all signed up to.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's not a good attitude for them to have though.

"Yes, we broke the rules, and the player could have had COVID, but look we've tested him and it's come back negative, so don't worry, no harm done."

Compared with:

"Yes Officer, you pulled me over drink driving.  I was at the pub and had 10 pints of Stella, but I made it all the way to my house before you pulled me over, and I didn't hit anything or anyone, so don't worry, no harm done."

15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Shut it down, Nicola, put  them out of their misery before the cold weather comes

Can't do that as Celtic lost top spot at the weekend...I said the SPFL should've called 10iar after the first set of fixtures. Now they are screwed...

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Precisely this. If prospective punishment like this had been put in place beforehand and made clear to all the players, I'm sure that the Aberdeen 8 and Bolingoli would have thought twice about breaking the protocols.

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

To be fair Green Teeth has hinted at that!!!!!  He was at another club holding talks and said heehaw.  I dont think Celtic like that sort of thing do you?

You think there's a need to add other behaviour to what he's just done? Lennon shouldn't need an excuse

7 minutes ago, happyjam said:

Was just about to post the exact same thing!

The Killie players, purely by the nature of the game, MUST have been in close contact with a potential Covid carrier, a bit like track and trace in pubs

Gordon Ramsay

Postponing games does absolutely nothing. 

Embarrassing response from one of the most incompetent organisations in the UK. 

MarkDevriesScores4
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He’s tested negative so far. The virus can take a couple of weeks to show up. By that time he’s passed it to multiple people at different clubs. In theory 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Incubation period of up to 14 days is it not,  or something along those lines 

Then why bother testing? If we are saying the tests don't show if he has it or not.

In England if there was a positive test on players or staff then that person had to isolate for 7 days before being retested. They didn't postpone any games despite this. Yet there's games off in Scotland despite nobody testing positive. Seems a bit weird.

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

He’s tested negative so far. The virus can take a couple of weeks to show up. By that time he’s passed it to multiple people at different clubs. In theory 

That's true of anyone though whether they've been to Spain or not. So it would really negate the point of testing, you could just say 'if you have any symptoms, then self isolate'. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

So St Johnstone and St Mirren have the same punishment as Celtic and Aberdeen ?

For the moment the consequences could be further reaching.

Aberdeen game being cancelled so they effectively could get back to full strength is just ridiculous. If they beat St Jonstone those three points could be vital come the end of the season at both ends. 

MarkDevriesScores4

So what the SPFL are saying is, if you want a break as you have injuries to key players, send one of them out to breach protocols and then the match will be postponed to a time that suits the club.

3 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Was just about to post the exact same thing!

The Killie players, purely by the nature of the game, MUST have been in close contact with a potential Covid carrier, a bit like track and trace in pubs

Would that not open up questions about the games just past? Don't want that. Move along, now.

joke league

Edited by Riccarton3