Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

SectionDJambo
41 minutes ago, Musemic said:

The question that needs to be asked is did anyone in a management position at Celtic know the player had done this? Hard to believe he just decided to go to Spain on his day off without someone at the club knowing.

What would he be going to Spain for a day for? Will we ever find out the whole truth about this? It’s a very strange one. He appears to have no obvious connection to anyone in Spain.

One thing is for sure. The Scottish press won’t look very hard into it, just in case it exposes a massive cover up. 
You would imagine Celtic wouldn’t be so stupid as to have him anywhere near Kilmarnock if they were aware of his journeys. But you just never know.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

What would he be going to Spain for a day for? Will we ever find out the whole truth about this? It’s a very strange one. He appears to have no obvious connection to anyone in Spain.

One thing is for sure. The Scottish press won’t look very hard into it, just in case it exposes a massive cover up. 
You would imagine Celtic wouldn’t be so stupid as to have him anywhere near Kilmarnock if they were aware of his journeys. But you just never know.

Record already reporting that this is not Boli's first trip abroad during lockdown.

Edited by Tasavallan

46 minutes ago, Phage said:

10 point deduction for endangering the lifes of others. And I reckon that would be lenient.

So picture this, you tussle for 90 mins with the Celtic full back. Then go home and kiss the misses thinking your safe. She goes to work in a care home/hospital and spreads this about.

Hopefully he doesn't have the virus but this is a disgusting breach of the rules. There needs to start being severe punishments or this shit gets shut down before it's even really got started.

He was on the park for about 3 mins ...

That Celtic lad is getting well and truly chucked under the bus by everybody.

Mammoth scapegoatery going on - there's plenty more folk who have been guilty of misdeeds 

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

It's good to know you are wrong and that you admit it  Should they still be 2m apart in the pub as you told us ?

Just posting incorrect information time and time again will not make it correct..you are in danger of becoming the Donald Trump of JKB

For the record, I didn't mean to reply because I've had you on ignore for ages. I'm not sure what went wrong. 

But you keep on trolling - and I'm sure you will. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How long does it take to get infected ? 

How long have you got?

14 minutes ago, Boof said:

That Celtic lad is getting well and truly chucked under the bus by everybody.

Mammoth scapegoatery going on - there's plenty more folk who have been guilty of misdeeds 

To be fair, he's a complete tit for putting himself in a position where he can be made into a scapegoat in the first place. 

If he suffers more harshly because he was the one caught doing it, he has no one to blame but himself. 

Hoepfully Celtic get a lovely wee points deduction.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Three minutes. 

That'll do nicely. I can infect you a *lot* in that time. Just the Covid this time, or do you want me to throw in Asian flu?

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

That'll do nicely. I can infect you a *lot* in that time. Just the Covid this time, or do you want me to throw in Asian flu?

What's the science ? 

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

To be fair, he's a complete tit for putting himself in a position where he can be made into a scapegoat in the first place. 

If he suffers more harshly because he was the one caught doing it, he has no one to blame but himself. 

So far the others have only broken guidance and protocols. Bolingoli broke the law as well, as evidenced by the fixed penalty notice.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What's the science ? 

Och, don't worry yourself about that. Now do you want me to sneeze, cough, spit, shout, or just touch part of your face? As long as I can get some of those infections droplets into your mouth, nose or eyes, it's a job well done.

Could never happen on a football pitch, of course.

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What's the science ? 

This is a helpful article from May - https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

Obviously our understanding of the virus has developed since then and Bolingoli was also in the stadium much longer than just the 3 minutes he was on the pitch.

With schools returning surely players with children are now openly exposed to 100s of contacts via there own child. The bubble can't work is sounds good on paper but thats about it. I remember saying the league would most likely be stopped come October guess I wasn't as wrong as a few thought eh!! 

58 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

And what about:- Airport? Transport? Friends & family? Team bus? Changing Room? Match officials? The list is endless.

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Should have masks on as well. 

I thought if you were inside a bar/restaurant masks were not required but if outside and needing to go in to the loo you had to put one on. 

doctor jambo
6 hours ago, Reid1874 said:

With schools returning surely players with children are now openly exposed to 100s of contacts via there own child. The bubble can't work is sounds good on paper but thats about it. I remember saying the league would most likely be stopped come October guess I wasn't as wrong as a few thought eh!! 

Leigh griffiths family bubble has at least 5 mothers and dozens of kids in it.

How is he supposed to stay safe?

Walter Burns
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He has been in contact with other Celtic players and officials....he would have been at Kilmarnock ground for at least a couple of hours so your comment is pretty useless......He was on the park 3 minutes......he had plenty time to infect anything he came into contact with...

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Leigh griffiths family bubble has at least 5 mothers and dozens of kids in it.

How is he supposed to stay safe?

😆😆

The Treasurer
41 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Wonder if Lawwell has finished telling Doncaster what Celtic’s punishment will be, yet. :lol:

Probably telling him any fine will come out of his "bonus"

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Probably telling him any fine will come out of his "bonus"

Probably. Very able guy is oor Neil.

Stillian Petrov saying the Aberdeen players are all well known so why did the establishments let them in?

Actually you could say this about many pubs.

You know your regulars so you should do the same.

Aren't footballers encouraged not to have non essential contact such as goal celebrations, hand shaking before and at end of games, close up challenging of refs decisions?

Does seem none of this is being complied with across all the games I've been watching.

And the refs aren't doing anything including hand to hand contact themselves with players at the end of the game.

Edited by DETTY29

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

Agree with all of that but he didn't put himself onto the squad or on to the pitch for the last few minutes.

It's taken a lot of heat off the Aberdeen 8. Nobody (other then on here) appears to be asking what protocols the governing bodies or clubs had in place to prevent this or any indication as to what sanctions would be applied for breaching those protocols.

I'm almost relieved we're not playing at the moment as I'm damned sure someone would find some way of hammering us again.

Points deduction? There is not a single solitary chance of that, I’m afraid. Celtic are the SPFL/SFA.

pharmaceutical01
7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How long does it take to get infected ? 

One infected breath should do it! COVID-19 is an infectious b*stard

Colonel Kurtz

Just received interesting message under SPL rules Bollingoli was technically ineligible to play against Kilmarnock precedent wou;ld be 3 0 victory to Kilmarnock

Edited by Colonel Kurtz

Hagar the Horrible
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Players have been on trhe pitch for 1 min not properly registered, and thrown out the cup,  This guy was in full contact with the entire squad and staff in and around the training pitch for days, then at Kilmarnock plus anybody in the general public, while the law states he needs to self iscolate for 2 weeks, He should not have gone to the shops for 20 regal king size let alone turn up for work, playing full contact sport, that was given strict rules to comply with for the sport to be allowed. Dr Calderwood had to go after visiting her own gaff 20 miles away.

he has been given a fix penalty notice, but the sport needs to be seen as in charge, and a ban and a fine is not unreasonable from the SFA/SPFL,  but Celtic are also entitled to sack him altogether, If know-body at the club KNEW?  however once it was reported hard for Shame FC to deny it

The Treasurer

My guess is that sellik will hammer the player (much easier to do when he's not a first pick) with either a fine or "transfer listed"

The SPFL will applaud them for taking such decisive action and declare that is the end of the matter

The Future's Maroon
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Already happened!

image.png.f8ae38a44e385d9c168b7baf1699f8cf.png

The bloody clubs should also be punished for not controlling their employee, would make all clubs more strict and aware.

Of course this is the joke that is Scottish Football.

Lennon's taking the p155 with his "the postponements are the appropriate punishment".

A penalty which is no penalty at all. Just like the many they get from referees. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Lennon's taking the p155 with his "the postponements are the appropriate punishment".

A penalty which is no penalty at all. Just like the many they get from referees. 

He is an idiot. If it is punishment for Celtic and Aberdeen then what about their opponents?

upgotheheads

What's the betting that three or four weeks from now, with a further raft of postponements due to covid outbreaks, and a fixture pile-up which is obviously going to be impossible to handle, that the whole house of cards collapses?

With hindsight it may well turn out that the only answer to the situation was to have completed last season in the way that most of the big leagues did. 

Edited by upgotheheads

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He is an idiot. If it is punishment for Celtic and Aberdeen then what about their opponents?

Exactly this. Postponement of games is no punishment at all and they all know it. 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

They/we could easily argue that they're being punished more, TO. 

No fault on their part, Celtic and Aberdeen full strength when the fixtures are played and the award of a 3-0 win not even remotely considered. 

The latter would be an appropriate punishment. 

The game up here feckin sickens me. 

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

My guess is that sellik will hammer the player (much easier to do when he's not a first pick) with either a fine or "transfer listed"

The SPFL will applaud them for taking such decisive action and declare that is the end of the matter

I remember back in the day when Employers had a "duty of care" for their employees. In recent times the responsibility has been loaded more and more onto the employee.

I am not for 1 minute trying to make excuses for Boli being extremely stupid in his actions but his employers will likely have to show how they made every effort to "as far as is reasonably practicable" provide a safe place of work  and explain in detail how their players should behave during the pandemic.

I am sure that the players union will be actively seeking clarification that Celtic have acted "proactively" towards all of their employees with plenty of classroom sessions on how to conduct yourself during the pandemic to enable players to comply with all legal and protocol requirements.

What of course will happen is that the SFA/SPFL will have had no procedures in place and will be reactive rather than, as they should have been,  proactive to their member clubs and their employees.

Also, any re-arranged game cannot be played in front of crowds if they happen to be put back till later in the season.

Edited by dallan

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Points deduction? There is not a single solitary chance of that, I’m afraid. Celtic are the SPFL/SFA.

They are doing a sterling job shifting all the blame for this onto the player and ensuring that they are also to be seen as the victims in all of this. So typical of them.

10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I remember back in the day when Employers had a "duty of care" for their employees. In recent times the responsibility has been loaded more and more onto the employee.

I am not for 1 minute trying to make excuses for Boli being extremely stupid in his actions but his employers will likely have to show how they made every effort to "as far as is reasonably practicable" provide a safe place of work  and explain in detail how their players should behave during the pandemic.

I am sure that the players union will be actively seeking clarification that Celtic have acted "proactively" towards all of their employees with plenty of classroom sessions on how to conduct yourself during the pandemic to enable players to comply with all legal and protocol requirements.

What of course will happen is that the SFA/SPFL will have had no procedures in place and will be reactive rather than, as they should have been,  proactive to their member clubs and their employees.

Petrie has already said plans are being out in place to state the punishment if this happens again. 

Basically they cannot punish aberdeen or Celtic because they had no code of conduct in place.

The running of the game up here has gone from “laughable” to “disgusting”. 

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They are doing a sterling job shifting all the blame for this onto the player and ensuring that they are also to be seen as the victims in all of this. So typical of them.

I'm more than a little suspicious that they had no idea that their player, who's supposed to be in a sporting 'bubble', managed to fly to Spain and get back without ANY single media person learning about it.

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I'm more than a little suspicious that they had no idea that their player, who's supposed to be in a sporting 'bubble', managed to fly to Spain and get back without ANY single media person learning about it.

Also if he lied in the first place how did they find out about the trip?

11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yep. They will probably launch him for serious misconduct. Gets a pricey flop off the books. Bonus.

Gordon Ramsay
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

As others have said I find it very hard to believe they didn't know that he had gone/returned from Spain. 

They are the masters of the carpet sweep though.