Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Toxteth O'Grady
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Again what have they done wrong?..clearly you know the answer is nothing but your fake anger and that of others who want to ignore facts in favour of fiction is disappointing

Bit of a joke you claiming they are professional athletes so should not be in a pub...what has that got to to do with breaking rules re Covid..nothing at all. It may not be the best thing but its not illegal or breaking any Covid rule.  One small point every club including ours has players in a pub at weekends pre Covid and will have during Covid and post Covid.

Again try and get what you claim right, for while you look to make a point if the 'facts' you claim are wrong its just embarrassing ..for you that is.

There are no 'rules' re Covid to stop footballers going to a pub or restaurant.....unless the club have banned them as part of their contract but that would mean players could not go out with their wives and family for example (to have a meal or drink say) and that will not fly even in todays world...indeed St Mirren's manager was happy for his players to do this.

There is no accounting for the stupidity of managers at Celtic and StMirren. Football at the elite level has been allowed to resume in a sporting bubble with testing. The government has more pressing things to do than make up the minutia of rules. The SPFL should have done this and the clubs also have a duty to ensure their employees act in a manner that limits risks to the minimum. Allowing players to go to Pubs and restaurants is idiotic when you look at the consequences for the club if any of them ends up testing positive.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Again what have they done wrong?..clearly you know the answer is nothing but your fake anger and that of others who want to ignore facts in favour of fiction is disappointing

Bit of a joke you claiming they are professional athletes so should not be in a pub...what has that got to to do with breaking rules re Covid..nothing at all. It may not be the best thing but its not illegal or breaking any Covid rule.  One small point every club including ours has players in a pub at weekends pre Covid and will have during Covid and post Covid.

Again try and get what you claim right, for while you look to make a point if the 'facts' you claim are wrong its just embarrassing ..for you that is.

There are no 'rules' re Covid to stop footballers going to a pub or restaurant.....unless the club have banned them as part of their contract but that would mean players could not go out with their wives and family for example (to have a meal or drink say) and that will not fly even in todays world...indeed St Mirren's manager was happy for his players to do this.

Still trolling , I see. 

EIGHT players went out for a meal (despite being told NOT to by the club) then went on to another pub.

During a pandemic. 

But they did nothing wrong.

just embarrassing ..for you.... Quite. 

You're like a stuck record. 

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

There is no accounting for the stupidity of managers at Celtic and StMirren. Football at the elite level has been allowed to resume in a sporting bubble with testing. The government has more pressing things to do than make up the minutia of rules. The SPFL should have done this and the clubs also have a duty to ensure their employees act in a manner that limits risks to the minimum. Allowing players to go to Pubs and restaurants is idiotic when you look at the consequences for the club if any of them ends up testing positive.

That is fair.

A bit harsh on players with families though who want to go out for a meal with them at a place able to serve alcohol..they couldn't even go to TGI Fridays for example with the kids never mind a date with their wife or girlfriend/partner.

Toxteth O'Grady
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That is fair.

A bit harsh on players with families though who want to go out for a meal with them at a place able to serve alcohol..they couldn't even go to TGI Fridays for example with the kids never mind a date with their wife or girlfriend/partner.

Yes I get that - their families will suffer but the flip side is Dad earns a load of cash. I’m probably looking at this from the angle of an Elite athlete who my wife is friends with. She has been living in isolation with just her partner at altitude where she can train on quiet trails. Her health and fitness is the number 1 focus. She has just been tested negative and is running this weekend and is only allowed to be accompanied by her coach to the race.

Footballfirst
27 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The following was posted earlier in the thread.

Here are some extracts from Phase 3 – Step 3 guidelines for the resumption of elite sport.

https://sportscotland.org.uk/media/5907/phase-3-resumption-of-performance-sport-step-3-final-draft.pdf

c) All individuals must agree to abide by Scottish Government and Health Protection Scotland guidelines whilst away from the competition venue.

d) Any personnel with known or suspected Covid-19 are not permitted at the competition venue and should be placed or remain in isolation and follow the latest Scottish Government and HPS guidelines. personnel should follow the protocols put in place by the competition organiser and/or performance (elite) sport organisation.

3. Competition delivery partners and performance (elite) sports organisations should:

a) Appoint a named Covid-19 officer (CO) for each party. The CO appointed by the competition organiser should be responsible for oversight of the risk and mitigation planning, communicating information to all user groups and ensuring that the necessary standards are met. this individual does not necessarily have to be medically trained.

c) The competition delivery partners, in collaboration with the performance (elite) sports organisation(s), should develop a Covid-19 competition venue operations plan, and a Covid-19 risk assessment and mitigation plan. these should include the following considerations as a minimum:

i. A code of behaviour which provides guidelines for all user groups and the details of sanctions in place for breaches of protocol.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That is fair.

Oh the humanity!

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That is fair.

Any household can go to a pub or restaurant.  The limits for indoors are currently 3 households and a maximum of 8 individuals.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Still trolling , I see. 

EIGHT players went out for a meal (despite being told NOT to by the club) then went on to another pub.

During a pandemic. 

But they did nothing wrong.

just embarrassing ..for you.... Quite. 

You're like a stuck record. 

It's good to know you are wrong and that you admit it  Should they still be 2m apart in the pub as you told us ?

Just posting incorrect information time and time again will not make it correct..you are in danger of becoming the Donald Trump of JKB

mickycameron98

Celtic could be 11 points behind Rangers by the time they're allowed to play again. 10 in row down the swanny perhaps haha

It appears that the "bubble" that Scottish football loves to talk about does not actually extend to non-training activities, in that both the Aberdeen 8 and Bolingoli were not done for breaking any special rules but for breaking the same rules that you or I would have to obey.

I would argue, unless anyone can provide evidence to the contrary, that the "bubble" doesn't actually exist as such. Footballers may have special precautions set out for them for when they train etc. but when it comes to leaving the training ground they appear to have the same rules as the rest of us. That isn't a "bubble", not in the way other sports have used the term to describe much more strict isolation in closed systems. If that is so, the use of the term by Scottish football is disingenuous. It gives the appearance of a closed system when, in essence, the system is actually wide open. In my opinion.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It's good to know you are wrong and that you admit it  Should they still be 2m apart in the pub as you told us ?

Just posting incorrect information time and time again will not make it correct..you are in danger of becoming the Donald Trump of JKB

I think you beat him to it.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Any household can go to a pub or restaurant.  The limits for indoors are currently 3 households and a maximum of 8 individuals.

I get that but it was in response to a post where it was intimated they should not be out at all and I had sympathy with that point of view given what has happened however felt it may be a tad unfair to all

alwaysthereinspirit
45 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I am wondering  how it's done huge damage to the sustainability and reputation of the game, but neither club has brought the game into disrepute?

One team is not Hearts and the other team are also not Hearts. Simples.

Guest ToqueJambo

It's noticeable how slow and reluctant the SFA/SPFL are to punish clubs during the pandemic for these indiscretions (not even slap on the wrist fines), even using the excuse that there's a pandemic happening so these are unforeseen things, compared with how happy and quick they were to punish Hearts, PT and Stranraer due to the pandemic to the tune of millions of pounds in our case.

And we didn't even break any rules. All we did was play rubbish at the worst possible time.

SuperstarSteve

I’m guessing the Celtic boy was ineligible. Why aren’t they getting punished? 
we got a 2 point deduction and Albion rovers won their game then got a 3-0 reverse result. 

Is it true because they said they had no idea about his trip that means he was eligible, of they get a pass because it’s no their fault. Does the SPFL rules only state registered or suspended players are ineligible? Guys with a disease that kills are all good to step on to the field of play? 

genuinely baffled at this. I know the short answer is. It’s Celtic they are above the rules but not a word from anyone anywhere in this topic. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I am wondering  how it's done huge damage to the sustainability and reputation of the game, but neither club has brought the game into disrepute?

I think you know the answer yourself John.  The name of the club has to start with He.  In fairness though, Doncaster has said that if people start dropping dead in the street as a result of the negligence of those two clubs, they will both be issued with a stern warning.

Can't ask for more than that.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

And despite everything that has happened since March, nobody appears to have asked the question: “what happens if xxxx happens?”

Totally emblematic of the utter lack of imagination or ambition within the SPFL upper echelons. Stagnant.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

And what is wrong with that ?

Do you know what the rules are CJGJ? Can you post them for us all? It’d save us all constantly having to read your whiney posts where you tell other folk they don’t know the rules. 😄

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Was just about to post the exact same thing!

The Killie players, purely by the nature of the game, MUST have been in close contact with a potential Covid carrier, a bit like track and trace in pubs

I'm fairly sure you only have to isolate yourself if you've been in close contact with someone who has either tested positive or shown symptoms. Bolingoli hasn't done either, so I don't think there's a problem for the killie players unless he suddenly does test positive or develop symptoms very soon.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

What an absolute shambles our game has been shown up to be over the last few months. Finishing the leagues early, dodgy vote changes, clubs basically being blackmailed into voting the way the league wanted, and now games being cancelled cos players/clubs can't stick to the rules. What a farce! 

I will add the SPFL's handling of the celtic and dons players indiscretions to the shambles!

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think you know the answer yourself John.  The name of the club has to start with He.  In fairness though, Doncaster has said that if people start dropping dead in the street as a result of the negligence of those two clubs, they will both be issued with a stern warning.

Can't ask for more than that.

They will be quaking in the streets of Aberdeen and East  Glasgow tonight.

15 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Totally emblematic of the utter lack of imagination or ambition within the SPFL upper echelons. Stagnant.

It's appalling. Just a group of tired old men trying to protect their positions and expense accounts.

I am no fan of Sturgeon but she has got these chancers sussed out and is forcing them to show some sort of leadership.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm fairly sure you only have to isolate yourself if you've been in close contact with someone who has either tested positive or shown symptoms. Bolingoli hasn't done either, so I don't think there's a problem for the killie players unless he suddenly does test positive or develop symptoms very soon.

I think to be on the safe side they will postpone their game. It’s harsh though as they’ve done nothing wrong. 

42 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I’m guessing the Celtic boy was ineligible. Why aren’t they getting punished? 
we got a 2 point deduction and Albion rovers won their game then got a 3-0 reverse result. 

Is it true because they said they had no idea about his trip that means he was eligible, of they get a pass because it’s no their fault. Does the SPFL rules only state registered or suspended players are ineligible? Guys with a disease that kills are all good to step on to the field of play? 

genuinely baffled at this. I know the short answer is. It’s Celtic they are above the rules but not a word from anyone anywhere in this topic. 

Had a spat with a shellick fan on fb about this earlier. His argument was ‘...shellick didnae ken about it... so how how can he be ineligible?’

Every team that gets penalised for using an ineligible player claim they ‘didn’t know about it!’ They should absolutely be penalised like everyone else would have been.... and, apparently, I’m a bawbag for pointing this out. Different breed!

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

They are supposed to be professional athletes so shouldn’t be in a pub in the first place and still need to be 2m apart 

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

They are twits but what’s your point?

You are wrong about the 2m apart in pubs, this is not the rule, if it was it would be nigh on impossible for any pub to operate.

If you feel I am wrong I refer you to 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tourism-and-hospitality-sector-guidance/pages/exemption-to-1m-for-hospitality/

The rule is 1m in hospitality.

Please don't bother coming back with but but but, you are wrong just accept it and move on.

Hard to believe no one at Celtic knew he nipped over to Spain. Sounds like they only went nuts when the media got the story. 

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

They are supposed to be professional athletes so shouldn’t be in a pub in the first place and still need to be 2m apart 

Should have masks on as well. 

5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think the SPFL are simply refusing to get involved : they see it as a player/players breaching govt guidelines and not SPFL rules. That's why they continually refer to the JRG as the body that's cancelling games/making decisions to give the appearance it's not Doncaster/SPFL Board. 

I would have expected a point deduction for celtic tbh - Thats a breach that the club must/should have known about . Thought they were getting tested twice a week - Boli oh he's in spain so we canny test him????????? FFS!

Of course it'll be peterhead or the likes that end up wi the disciplinary as per !! 

4 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

I would have expected a point deduction for celtic tbh - Thats a breach that the club must/should have known about . Thought they were getting tested twice a week - Boli oh he's in spain so we canny test him????????? FFS!

Of course it'll be peterhead or the likes that end up wi the disciplinary as per !! 

Apparently he flew to Spain for one day, all pretty crazy !!

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Apparently he flew to Spain for one day, all pretty crazy !!

The thinking is that he went for talks with another club.

pennyjambo22
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The thinking is that he went for talks with another club.

Or he may have been on a fag run🤔 

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

They shouldn’t be in a pub?  :rofl: 

Because they are ‘professional athletes’?  :lol: 

You really are a twit.

Always an indication that the SPFL grabs people's attention like no one can when Sophie Rayworth is talking about them on the national news.

Elite sport

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, pennyjambo22 said:

Might need to do it as a job soon 😂🤣

Horatio Caine
34 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

According to Chris McLaughlin tonight there's disciplines coming down the line from the SPFL for Aberdeen and Celtic.  Wonder what that'll be?

6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

According to Chris McLaughlin tonight there's disciplines coming down the line from the SPFL for Aberdeen and Celtic.  Wonder what that'll be?

I read that as "disciples". Had to double take. :D

Toxteth O'Grady
8 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Massive points deduction would be the only thing that would bother Celtic

45 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Aren't you forgetting who the whipping boys are? All it will need is for one of our players to stand too close to someone in a queue and we'll get a points deduction

Walter Burns
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Bolingoli went to Spain....on returning from Spain people have to isolate for 14 days.....he didn't isolate himself so he is in the wrong.....quite simple really

Just now, Walter Burns said:

Bolingoli went to Spain....on returning from Spain people have to isolate for 14 days.....he didn't isolate himself so he is in the wrong.....quite simple really

The question that needs to be asked is did anyone in a management position at Celtic know the player had done this? Hard to believe he just decided to go to Spain on his day off without someone at the club knowing.

Walter Burns
Just now, Musemic said:

The question that needs to be asked is did anyone in a management position at Celtic know the player had done this? Hard to believe he just decided to go to Spain on his day off without someone at the club knowing.

Quite right....player will be hung out to dry with that shower o shit claiming they didn't know what he was up to on his day off.....they'll be claiming victimisation next....horrible *****..

50 minutes ago, pennyjambo22 said:

Love the Idea of Boli handing out cartons of tabs to Brownie and MacGregor who are puffing away bemoaning the lack of bevvy on his ferry run

10 point deduction for endangering the lifes of others. And I reckon that would be lenient.

So picture this, you tussle for 90 mins with the Celtic full back. Then go home and kiss the misses thinking your safe. She goes to work in a care home/hospital and spreads this about.

Hopefully he doesn't have the virus but this is a disgusting breach of the rules. There needs to start being severe punishments or this shit gets shut down before it's even really got started.

36 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

No doubt much like Europe a two quid fine