Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

TyphoonJambo
27 minutes ago, David Black said:

I would be gutted, as I'm sure we all would.

As long as sporting integrity is maintained eh🤔

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I wonder if the regular independently carried out test results are sent to both the club and the joint response group/government? I would hope that this is the case, but wouldn't be surprised if it weren't.

An interesting point you make there.

are the results independently ratified?

can anyone confirm this?

They cannot seriously stop us playing friendlies. That would mean two league matches before the Cup semi. 

I am actually raging at the way our game is run. 

That doesn't apply to us or any other club except Celtic and Aberdeen, unless another club steps out of line, then that would also apply to them.

We are ok for bounce and friendlies.

Just now, HMFC01 said:

That doesn't apply to us or any other club except Celtic and Aberdeen, unless another club steps out of line, then that would also apply to them.

We are ok for bounce and friendlies.

Do you know this for certain? Can you point out where it specifically means Aberdeen and Celtic? I really hope you are right but the wording is so vague I feel it means all clubs.

The punishment for players failing to adhere to the guidelines and special dispensation given to Scottish football should have been clear from day 1. Any breaches = forfeiture of points and a fine. 

Breathtaking ignorance on the part of the players. 

28 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Unavoidable and uncontestable.   There you go......... that's the spirit, Rod.    Lay down the law .... except....... there isn't a law.

They're making it up as they go along ..... just like their chums along the corridor  did in April.  Everything that corrupt mafia do is unavoidable and uncontestable - their own legal team say so, and they get away with it.

It is shameless and embarrassing the way he tries to sound in control whereas they have had their butts kicked by Sturgeon and are now scrambling for a way out. 

And implementing a punishment after two major clubs have ******* up is classic Scottish football. 

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Do you know this for certain? Can you point out where it specifically means Aberdeen and Celtic? I really hope you are right but the wording is so vague I feel it means all clubs.

Why would it mean all clubs though? 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

The punishment for players failing to adhere to the guidelines and special dispensation given to Scottish football should have been clear from day 1. Any breaches = forfeiture of points and a fine. 

Or arrogance. Take your choice.

Just now, GBJambo said:

Why would it mean all clubs though? 

I am not 100% sure it does mean that, I am only asking the question. All it says is "Clubs" and the way I read it, we fall into that category as does everyone else in the SPFL. I genuinely hope I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

This the best I can find so far and it's still got a vagueness to it :) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53736447  verbatim :facepalm:

In the meantime Celtic and Aberdeen can train as usual but training and friendly matches will not be allowed.

Thanks @HMFC01 I had not seen that and had only seen the update shared earlier. They should really make it clear though on the scot gov web page lol

Edited by WDJ87

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It is shameless and embarrassing the way he tries to sound in control whereas they have had their butts kicked by Sturgeon and are now scrambling for a way out. 

And implementing a punishment after two major clubs have ******* up is classic Scottish football. 

Also ensures that the next team to **** up - likely to be one of the Diddies - will have the SPFL down on them like a ton of bricks, paying the price for the Sheep & *Celtic's ****-ups. St J, St Mirren and Accies have already been disadvantaged (one on level, **** 'em but on another level, it's a shambolic disgrace)

All this stuff should be basic  - establishing rules & regs for the various SPFL/SFA competitions and trying to devise any/all scenarios in which teams may not be able to complete a game. £388k a year that ****er is on...

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

An interesting point you make there.

are the results independently ratified?

can anyone confirm this?

There seem to have been an alarming number of false positives from the private testing company the bright sparks in the SFA/SPFL selected that are then returned negative by the NHS. This begs the question - how many false negatives are they getting that don't go through the NHS testing for confirmation?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Also ensures that the next team to **** up - likely to be one of the Diddies - will have the SPFL down on them like a ton of bricks, paying the price for the Sheep & *Celtic's ****-ups. St J, St Mirren and Accies have already been disadvantaged (one on level, **** 'em but on another level, it's a shambolic disgrace)

All this stuff should be basic  - establishing rules & regs for the various SPFL/SFA competitions and trying to devise any/all scenarios in which teams may not be able to complete a game. £388k a year that ****er is on...

It's classic Scottish football. Despite it being clear where Rangers were heading, they waited until AFTER Rangers went into admin to change the punishment from -10 to -15 pts. And of course we were the next club to go into admin.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

They are millennials after all. I'm generalising obviously but it's been pretty obvious that it's Millennials and Boomers who are not taking this seriously enough. Millennials think they're immune and boomers are happy to take their chances or have got to that stage in life where their only joy is being a contrarian prick.

Anyhow it's nice Millennials and Boomers have finally found something they've got in common though - a willingness to risk other people's lives through sheer laziness and pigheadedness. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's just how I'm interpreting it.

It would make absolutely no legal or moral sense, to inhibit the other teams in Scotland based on two. When SG have said today is the "yellow card". The red means everyone and everything stops.

Stopping them two playing friendlies is in my opinion, the SPFL's roundabout way of "punishing" them. Rather than actually doing it!

It has been cleared up for me now and glad you guys turned out to be right. All I had to do was look at the BBC but you cannot blame me for avoiding them 😅

Clark Griswold

This rumour about hibs players being out in town last weekend don’t seem to be going away either. Had someone tell me last week at least 2 apparently spotted in a boozer in the grassmarket last Saturday night, wasn’t sure whether to believe but some comments on here seem to back it up. 

Edited by Clark Griswold

Hungry hippo

The bounce game thing definitely seems to be referring to teams impacted to limit any potential spread rather than all friendlies for any team.

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

And despite everything that has happened since March, nobody appears to have asked the question: “what happens if xxxx happens?”

John Findlay

I am wondering  how it's done huge damage to the sustainability and reputation of the game, but neither club has brought the game into disrepute?

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I am wondering  how it's done huge damage to the sustainability and reputation of the game, but neither club has brought the game into disrepute?

This, if we do not see any form of punishment for both clubs serious questions need to be asked but the media probably won't? 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And despite everything that has happened since March, nobody appears to have asked the question: “what happens if xxxx happens?”

Tom English and maybe a couple of others aside, journalists are just acting like the PR arm of the SPFL and SFA during this whole thing. Refusing to ask the big questions.

Edited by ToqueJambo

highlandjambo3

I used to have some *respect for smaller teams outside of the cheeks....crappy fan base but still diehard followers, packing out the roseburn with their 50-250 fans.............

* I have changed my opinion......let the chaos and carnage continue.

108E4B4B-4E77-4507-B233-2B40259131DA.jpeg

Edited by highlandjambo3

think the next player to break the rules will be a rangers player since celtic have already had one case and the rest of the teams the players will be scared of losing wages as they are on low amounts

all hypthothetical anyone want to give me 5/1? :D

SectionDJambo
47 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hearts can't play friendlies till September anyway.

That was my understanding. 

It's more likely that the SG wants to prevent the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen playing bounce games to compensate, fitness wise, for their games being postponed. It would also defeat the purpose of trying to prevent the infection spreading.

The phrase could have been more clearly worded, though.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That would be a shame if they had to forfeit the tie.

Think about the children....

and the coeffiency.

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Was loving this until seen the news we now cannot play friendlies. Septic and Sheep get away with it and the next club will get hammered. Please let the next club be Hibs. Only way I will cheer up. Nice how they still find a way to **** us over when we have done nothing wrong. Nothing new being said here but need to vent somehow.

If they do hammer the next club to transgress I think we can all guess who it's going to be, right?

52 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

This rumour about hibs players being out in town last weekend don’t seem to be going away either. Had someone tell me last week at least 2 apparently spotted in a boozer in the grassmarket last Saturday night, wasn’t sure whether to believe but some comments on here seem to back it up. 

And what is wrong with that ?

1 minute ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

If they do hammer the next club to transgress I think we can all guess who it's going to be, right?

Please don't tempt fate there, I hope its drilled into them everyday.

15 minutes ago, Masonic said:

think the next player to break the rules will be a rangers player since celtic have already had one case and the rest of the teams the players will be scared of losing wages as they are on low amounts

all hypthothetical anyone want to give me 5/1? :D

I'm not a betting man, but that wee naff Griffiths canny stay at home, he'll be out on the randan.

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

And what is wrong with that ?

Scottish Government guidelines limit people meeting to 3 households indoors. 

Linfield's Champions League preliminary round tie with FC Drita was postponed just over an hour before kick-off after a second player from the Kosovan side tested positive for Covid-19.

Uefa regulations for this season's Covid-19 affected competition suggest that Drita may now forfeit the tie.

A Uefa statement said that the decision had been taken after two FC Drita players returned positive tests.

The European tie was scheduled to take place in the Swiss city of Nyon.

Competition rules indicated that clubs concerned would be deemed responsible for failure to fulfil fixtures and the schedule is extremely tight with Legia Warsaw scheduled to host the winners in another one-leg tie next Tuesday.

Tuesday's game had been set to go ahead in Switzerland despite Drita's first positive Covid-19 test last Friday.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Scottish Government guidelines limit people meeting to 3 households indoors. 

But there were only 2 players so again what is wrong with 2 players being out

Rocky jamboa

What an absolute shambles our game has been shown up to be over the last few months. Finishing the leagues early, dodgy vote changes, clubs basically being blackmailed into voting the way the league wanted, and now games being cancelled cos players/clubs can't stick to the rules. What a farce! 

Jambo 4 Ever
30 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

But there were only 2 players so again what is wrong with 2 players being out

They are supposed to be professional athletes so shouldn’t be in a pub in the first place and still need to be 2m apart 

Latest testing stats.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-testing-update/?rid=14258

The Joint Response Group can confirm that between Monday 3 August and Sunday 9 August, a total of 1414 COVID-19 tests were carried out in Scottish Premiership clubs, Heart of Midlothian and Glasgow City, with two positive results recorded.

The Joint Response Group will provide this information weekly as part of its Return to Football strategy and for the purposes of competition integrity and transparency.

Due to medical confidentiality, no specific details will be provided on individuals tested.

Week 1 (29 June-5 July) – Total tests – 936; positive tests – 1.
Week 2 (6 July-12 July) – Total tests – 1055; positive tests – 0.
Week 3 (13 July-19 July) - Total tests – 789; positive tests - 0.
Week 4 (20 July-26 July) – Total tests – 715; positive tests – 1.
Week 5 (27 July-2 August) - Total tests - 1274 (Heart of Midlothian, 45 - Glasgow City, 49); positive tests - 0. 
Week 6 (3 August-9 August) - Total test - 1414 (Heart of Midlothian, 89 - Glasgow City, 50); positive tests - 2. 

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

They are supposed to be professional athletes so shouldn’t be in a pub in the first place and still need to be 2m apart 

Twit

that is not the rule

5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I agree but there's nothing in the rules for that, or it would have meant Premiership games would already have been forfeited.

There will be soon now though...

3 hours ago, ritchies75 said:

Scottish Government statement:
https://www.gov.scot/news/professional-football-suspended/
"............The SPFL has also agreed to put in place punitive measures that can be implemented so they can directly take action against players in the event of further rule breaches"

"Clubs will be permitted to train as usual but bounce/friendly matches will not be allowed"

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Again what have they done wrong?..clearly you know the answer is nothing but your fake anger and that of others who want to ignore facts in favour of fiction is disappointing

Bit of a joke you claiming they are professional athletes so should not be in a pub...what has that got to to do with breaking rules re Covid..nothing at all. It may not be the best thing but its not illegal or breaking any Covid rule.  One small point every club including ours has players in a pub at weekends pre Covid and will have during Covid and post Covid.

Again try and get what you claim right, for while you look to make a point if the 'facts' you claim are wrong its just embarrassing ..for you that is.

There are no 'rules' re Covid to stop footballers going to a pub or restaurant.....unless the club have banned them as part of their contract but that would mean players could not go out with their wives and family for example (to have a meal or drink say) and that will not fly even in todays world...indeed St Mirren's manager was happy for his players to do this.