Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We assume Celtic trained this week and last week. We can also assume that Bolangoli was officially allowed not to train since he wasn’t there. It’s unthinkable that Celtic didn’t give him permission to be absent and equally unthinkable that they didn’t know where he was. Someone at the club knew. Celtic are lying about this.quite clearly.

Spot on, JC.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Just now, JimmyCant said:

We assume Celtic trained this week and last week. We can also assume that Bolangoli was officially allowed not to train since he wasn’t there. It’s unthinkable that Celtic didn’t give him permission to be absent and equally unthinkable that they didn’t know where he was. Someone at the club knew. Celtic are lying about this.quite clearly.

I guess its conceivable he asked for time off, an he took an opportunity to go further than he had indicated.

Also, maybe Ive missed it, but where in Span did he go? I suspect he didn't go to rural Andalucia, and maybe pics of him in a Puerto Banus nightclub are or were about to surface, how else did it get into the public domain?

Why was the statement only from the Scottish Government? Why wasn't it a joint statement from SFA/SPFL, Rules in place, unacceptable by players to break said rules etc, etc.

Its time for Tom English and the rest of them to really start questioning the role and the responsibilities of Doncaster, Petrie.

19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

thats exactly it

Why should kimarnok or any other team suffer for the selfish and idiotic decisions of individuals in opposing teams. They are effectively being punished too - imagine our outrage if we had a fully fit team ready to go, the game gets postponed because celtic player acts like a little entitled tw@, postponed to the next month, and our best players are away on international leave - we'd be furious

A fixture like up affects clubs like Killie, who have small squads, compared to Celtic who can bring in decent reserves. 

1 minute ago, Gone said:

The matches will go ahead. SPFL go with what Lawell says and not the Scottish government

Possibly. If that happens, then the real fun starts. 

1 minute ago, Mundaydog said:

Why was the statement only from the Scottish Government? Why wasn't it a joint statement from SFA/SPFL, Rules in place, unacceptable by players to break said rules etc, etc.

Its time for Tom English and the rest of them to really start questioning the role and the responsibilities of Doncaster, Petrie.

Probably need MacKenzie to put a resolution in front of the clubs that suit nearly all the board member clubs first.

Just now, Mundaydog said:

Because the SPFL and SFA are not on some kind of level status with the government of this country. They have been told what is to happen, and now it’s over to them.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Gone said:

The matches will go ahead. SPFL go with what Lawell says and not the Scottish government

Even though the FM was wearing her Thellik away TAP, she was clear that she agreed that the SPFL will decide that those games are OFF.  The SPFL will spin it that it was a SG decision, but its not, it was a strongly put advice or else!  Prof Jason is holding more talks with them this afternoon, 

I can feel another long rant coming on, but I need to get back to work first

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

If the UEFA laws are also clear then the Icelandic side should get EUFA to impose this, and thus gain a free bye

If after the draw, new restrictions imposed by either the home team's or away team's country prevent the match from taking place, the team of that country are considered to have forfeited the match.

No new restrictions have been imposed by either country so that won’t apply. However surely UEFA will be looking at the breach of protocol and wondering if it’s wise to let Celtic travel given they’ve all been in contact with someone who should have isolated but didn’t. If I was Reykjavík I’d be on the phone to UEFA. Iceland have entry restrictions(mandatory test on arrival for example)but probably not enough to stop a football team getting in

Just now, Cruyff said:

Aberdeen and Celtic should be made to forfeit those matches, 3-0 to the opposition. 

How would that work for Aberdeen vs Celtic next week?

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen have won a gold watch here.

They'll not now play Celtic either with less players, if Celtic can't play this week.

So the game becomes a loss for both Clubs so 3-0 against each and null point, how sweet would that be...............

Oh dear what a shame never mind.

David McCaig
Just now, Gone said:

Recorded as a 0-3 defeat for both sides.

Effectively Aberdeen should be showing as P4 L4 GD-10

2 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Because it's still ongoing and discussions with the SFA/SFPL are continuing this afternoon. They will most probably be releasing a statement after those talks have decided what's going to happen.

The "statement" was a response to questions from media folk at the SG's daily media conference.

4 minutes ago, Gone said:

Not a chance. Lawell swims in his own wee pond. Nicola will shoot him down if he says a word 

1 minute ago, jumpship said:

Maybe they can play the games on Zoom? 

Hahaha

Or Fifa 2008 on the Xbox 360, as that's how far behind Scottish football is.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, henryheart said:

There is a lot that is not clear. Sturgeon has said "fans should not be expecting to see Aberdeen or Celtic play in the coming week". This is somewhat different from "I've/the Scottish Government has told the SPFL that Celtic and Aberdeen cannot play." It is possible that following discussion the SPFL has advised the Scottish Government that this is what will be happening and Sturgeon is simply confirming it? 

Doubtful, they wanted the St Johnstone v Aberdeen game to go ahead on Saturday until the SG stepped in. The SPFL were still adamant that these games are going ahead, they will be told what to do by the SG and have no choice but to comply. 

Jambof3tornado

Sky sports news confusing itself, ticker tape saying aberdeen and Celtic games not expected to go ahead this week but headline says aberdeen v hamilton expects to go ahead.

This is a bloody mess.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aberdeen and Celtic should be made to forfeit those matches, 3-0 to the opposition. 

Yes, they should. But they won't. The authorities don't have the cojones.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Because the SPFL and SFA are not on some kind of level status with the government of this country. They have been told what is to happen, and now it’s over to them.

Its the complete lack of any form of leadership from them, that's getting me. Doncaster couldn't wait to get his smug puss all over the media when we lost the arbitration and now he and the rest of them are nowhere to be seen..

1 minute ago, Gone said:

Both lose three nil with an asterisk.They can pop the asterisks beside the stars above their badges.

36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

NS indicated that Aberdeen and Celtic games would be affected "this week". That may be one or two league games, so I would expect next week's UEFA qualifiers to go ahead as scheduled.

Not seen it all.

But there is a suggestion Celtic and Kilmarnock could have to quarantine for 14 days from Sunday.

So the league ending to confirm Celtic's Champions League place will have worked out well. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

No new restrictions have been imposed by either country so that won’t apply. However surely UEFA will be looking at the breach of protocol and wondering if it’s wise to let Celtic travel given they’ve all been in contact with someone who should have isolated but didn’t. If I was Reykjavík I’d be on the phone to UEFA. Iceland have entry restrictions(mandatory test on arrival for example)but probably not enough to stop a football team getting in

I am of no doubt that Celtic would be getting somebody on their behalf to approach EUFA for clarifucashun

Pasquale for King

Not a chance. Lawell swims in his own wee pond. Nicola will shoot him down if he says a word 

Absolutely, let’s just say they’re politically aligned. 

Cant believe the JRG/SPFL didn't have rules in place if clubs broke qurantine rules. By not punishing clubs they have set a prescendent so if another clubs breaks the rule (which is looking likely) and they punish them all hell will break loose. 

Also loving the red tops angle of punishing Bolingoli but not Celtic as a club. If it was a hearts player you can guarantee they would be going to for the point deduction etc angle for us and not the player.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Probably need MacKenzie to put a resolution in front of the clubs that suit nearly all the board member clubs first.

and then change the wording when the meeting notes are handed out....

TyphoonJambo

As much as i dont support her nationalistic stance i do think she's one of the better British politicians. Not the greatest compliment i know. 

Its the complete lack of any form of leadership from them, that's getting me. Doncaster couldn't wait to get his smug puss all over the media when we lost the arbitration and now he and the rest of them are nowhere to be seen..

Spot on. 

His lack of leadership is an absolute disgrace - and Sturgeon has recognised this. Now see him squirm when he has to deal with the real leadership here...Celtic. 

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, Gone said:

Both deducted 3 points and 3 goals against would be fair 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sky sports news confusing itself, ticker tape saying aberdeen and Celtic games not expected to go ahead this week but headline says aberdeen v hamilton expects to go ahead.

This is a bloody mess.

Its enough to confuse even the sharpest sheep in the flock. 

The Joint Response Group which I think also includes Leitch - SG members accepted Hibs, Motherwell and Rangers reasons for pre season games cancelled, delayed and played but shouldn't have been so I'm unsure how far the SG can go in getting football to introduce additional disciplinary measures despite Sturgeon alluding that they may be insufficient. 

I think it’s admirable that you expected more/better. I have known they are corrupt and in the OF’s thrall for a long time now. I am not even angry, and far less surprised.

NaturalOrder74
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

3-0 defeats for both teams

would definitely be the case if it’s wasn’t celtic* involved, will be interesting to see what sort of solution they come up with here, probably shaft the entire league by saying no games after split or something to make time for them to replay their fixtures 

2 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

Apparently Hibs players were in Liquid Rooms at the weekend. Anyone seen/heard anything?

Now there’s a venue where you can social distance, right enough... 😄

MarkDevriesScores4

If clubs are deducted significant points for going into administration, why should they not receive the same punishment for potentially spreading a deadly pandemic with complete disregard for the general public?

15 point deductions for breaches of protocol would suffice. 

14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Good opportunity for Rangers to pile on some early pressure on Celtic.

League could be over in a month 😆

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Because it's still ongoing and discussions with the SFA/SFPL are continuing this afternoon. They will most probably be releasing a statement after those talks have decided what's going to happen.

The "statement" was a response to questions from media folk at the SG's daily media conference.

But they have been posted missing since the Aberdeen fiasco came to light. Doncaster stated he had no plan B if we won our case. It appears they have no plan B for anything. £400K a year to let someone else tell you what you should be doing, bloody joke

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Might depend on how many Celtic players contract it, Athletico Madrid have been allowed to play though. 

Breaking rules is the issue. And the risks and knock on effects. And losing trust.

Not players actually having Covid.

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Might depend on how many Celtic players contract it, Athletico Madrid have been allowed to play though. 

Breaking rules is the issue. And the risks and knock on effects. And losing trust.

Not players actually having Covid.

ToadKiller Dog

Well this was unexpected who would have thought that tha football organisation which is a joke around the rest of Europe would be making numerous dangerous **** ups .

To me the known cases are potentially just the tip of the ice berg ,my guess there is likely a lackadaisical approach at all levels in our game at most clubs .

Will be red carded by this time next week.

Hagar the Horrible

Can we and the other championship teams have a vote and we will now be classed as the top flight, if the Premier gets cancelld altogether?

Anyhoo just loving this, Lovin lovin lovin it

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, let’s just say they’re politically aligned. 

Who ? Lawell and Sturgeon ?

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Both deducted 3 points and 3 goals against would be fair 

Game doesn't go ahead and your fault - tie awarded 3 nil to opposition.  

Both clubs at fault - tie marked off, no goals, no points to either.

Game played that shouln't have been then in the words of Moynihan (or was it Boreland)

'YER OOT THE GEMME'

Edited by DETTY29