Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The SPFL has had FOUR MONTHS to ensure as smooth a start to the new season as possible. While other countries have been running football for weeks, you'd have thought they could have learned from others and had the time to perfect their approach.

It's ALL Hearts fault for distracting them TJ,

Watch this space.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

After how strict and careful the government has been through this whole thing and all the hard work everyone has put in surely they cannot allow this to go on??  Only 2 weeks in and we’ve had the Aberdeen 8.  Parties at that wee repro’s house and now a Celtic player blatantly breaking the rules?????

SHUT IT DOWN 👍👍👍👍👍👍

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neil Doncaster will be ripping of his face mask to reveal he's actually Mr bean. 

The voting system has been found out as being totally unfit for purpose in times of stress and when leadership and direction are needed. 

Even if the government does not shut things down now, what's the solution for another curtailed season, what is the solution if players continue to test positive across the teams, what's the solution if championship and below teams can't field a team, what happens if teams go into admin or liquidation and can't complete games. If games get postponed , what will sky do, they won't put up with it if it continues?

All likely, if not already happened and still there is no solution to any of these if they happen again? 

A vote, fight like rats in a sack, **** over clubs again? 

Just make it up? 

Let clubs like Stirling albion save bus fares so the likes of us and lower league teams are done over. 

A rudderless ship bouncing of icebergs until it eventually hits a titanic type one and sinks. 

Doncaster is the captain of the ship, the ship is a tanker and he is a.... 

All is OK tho, no change needed. 

That is the reality the majority of clubs have voted for. 

Hell mend them. 

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Surely there's a checklist before players play: "Have you visited any of these countries in the last 14 days?"

You would surely think so. Last week I had a dental appointment and was indeed asked that (amongst other questions). A few days later, at the follow-up, I was asked the same series of questions again. They wouldn't let me past reception until I complied. My dentist informed me during lockdown that they had been given explicit advice from their professional body including that not complying with the rules put in place would result in them being 'oot the gemme', so to speak. Yup, their licence to operate would be withdrawn. No ifs, and no buts.

Now, methinks that pro footballers should have the same sanction applied. It's all very well holding your hands up after the event and apologising but these fellas (who, remember,  are living the dream of most fans ... and well paid to boot) have put themselves, their colleagues, their families, and the wider footballing community at risk. Perhaps what results for the Aberdeen 8, Griffiths, and Bolingoli will filter out in due course but if it is merely a slap on the wrists and an extended extra wee holiday then I'll be surprised. How on earth Bolingoli imagined for a minute that travelling to Spain was OK beats me! Apart from anything else, I've not read anything regarding who else these guys have been in contact with and would be amazed if it didn't include numerous others associated with their clubs.

So, perhaps it's worth having another look at this link. I'll not bother highlighting particular passages but suffice to say that Sturgeon was unequivocal as regards the slam-dunk of having broken the guidelines (designed to allow pro football to re-start) and the potential consequences of the Aberdeen 8 having done so. Further down that article it is stated quite clearly that the SPFL's current season is in jeapordy. Worth reading as it only takes a few minutes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53688337

9 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

After how strict and careful the government has been through this whole thing and all the hard work everyone has put in surely they cannot allow this to go on??  Only 2 weeks in and we’ve had the Aberdeen 8.  Parties at that wee repro’s house and now a Celtic player blatantly breaking the rules?????

SHUT IT DOWN 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Exactly. It's a kick in the balls

On the other hand it also shows you how poor our quarantine check ups are. 

People will now realise they can get away with going back to normal without the 14 day quarantine

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

SHUT IT DOWN 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Sturgeon hasn't got the bottle 

Does this not just prove that Neil Doncaster and his 6 figure salary are completely pointless? The governement are over ruling the clubs who vote on the outcome of stuff. So what does Doncaster do? Sweet  **** all. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Living in a city where Covid had been suppressed until they screwed up quarantine for returned travellers, the Scottish government should ban Septic and Killie for at least 2 weeks and all who attended Rugby Park. What an utter shambles!

3fingersreid

I’m glad to see that most Hearts fans on here have still got the attitude of 

“ #only Hearts “still running through their veins after the way we were treated this summer , sadly one or two have bled out and have lost that resolve and excusing the actions of the two clubs involved . 

2 weeks of a new season and the top flight clubs are showing themselves up as the tin pot league others see us as and then there’s  the league officials doing the best to impersonate the captain from Walmington on Sea .

If hibs hadn’t been top I’d have wanted the league called as it has been in the past 

Ftspfl 

TyphoonJambo

Surely the protocals mean everone from both teams and support staff now face 14 days isolation. Irrespective of your business. 

Just now, Locky said:

Does this not just prove that Neil Doncaster and his 6 figure salary are completely pointless? The governement are over ruling the clubs who vote on the outcome of stuff. So what does Doncaster do? Sweet  **** all. 

He’ll do absolutely nothing because  it’s Celtic. He’s totally unable to remove his nose from out of Lawells sphincter.

Horatio Caine

Surely the SPFL should award last Sunday's match to Killie - 3-0 as a warning to everyone else, plus a clear sign to the SG that they are serious about keeping member clubs in check.  However, there will probably be one of their rules which says that a player is only ineligible if he's not properly registered or something.  SPFL have form for changing the rules as they go though,

Mid Calder Jambo
9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Surely the protocals mean everone from both teams and support staff now face 14 days isolation. Irrespective of your business. 

Has to be and a visit to Mr Bolingoli from the black and whites because he has broken the law.  Nae chance.  Sturgeon will brick it, Lawell won't allow it and Dungcaster couldn't work out the conundrum of sorting the fixture backlog.  The SPFL proved in April that it is inept.  This just confirms it.

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Will laugh my balls off when Sturgeon loses her shit and ends the season. 

It would be seriously epic :lol:

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sounds good. Make it abundantly clear, they train/play go home, 2 households in your house at any one time maximum 8 folk and four households in a day, until further notice. Print it in capitals for them.

Unlikely our league will start at all under those rules.  Lot of championship players and vast  majority of league 1 & 2 players have their main jobs outside of football. How will these rules work for them ? 

IveSeenTheLight
34 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

Don;t forget the Rangers Dundee Utd, Motherwell??? pre-season friendlies where players played before test results were confirmed

None of the teams booted out of the cup in recent seasons have deliberately cheated by fielding ineligible players, so the excuse that Celtic didn’t know he had been to Spain doesn’t cut it.

The player should have been in isolation and therefore was ineligible to play. The fact that Celtic didn’t ask if he had been to any countries on the list is just another example of the amateurish way the game as a whole is run. 

Game should be awarded 3-0 to Kilmarnock. 

part_time_jambo
10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the sun and record are both reporting it. he had a holiday in spain came back just before the killie game didn't quarantine and played v killie

That rather stops the "weegie press" theorists on here in their tracks.

Why haven’t Aberdeen been punished yet?

Wally Boli jets off to Spain, misses training/tactic sessions and nobody notices, plus he still makes the squad.  What the actual?

Septic fans calling for him to be sacked as he’s shite, if that was Eduoard the Green Brigade would have paid the fine. 

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Barack said:

Celtic to shut down Scottish fitba'!

Oh, the poetic irony.

:jjyay:

Hibs awarded league, Hamilton demoted.

Love how deluded some people are, where they think the democratically elected leader of a country, who draws support from all corners of Scotland over all boundaries of football, religion, and social standing is going to suddenly break her tough stance on C19. Because a shitty weegie football club are too important to her election prospects. It’s quite the eye opener for me. :lol:

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

did we not get a point deduction for playing an ineligible player in the league up a couple of years back ? I’m getting angry already knowing this will get swept away 

Probably won't like hearing this, but that punishment was designed to do Hearts a favour.

7 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

That rather stops the "weegie press" theorists on here in their tracks.

Not really. It’s a story that they could not avoid printing. It’s the narrative that now follows that will be interesting as they slavishly follow instructions to minimise Celtics part in all of this. Damage limitation will be the agenda now for them.

Whatsthefuture
1 hour ago, Fun Boaby said:

This latest incident will be used by the SG to make a lot of noise and to make a show of strong leadership.

Most likely it will be treated like a "strike two" for Scottish football. One more and you're out! Last chance saloon as it were.

Celtic won't be punished for this and they will take a firm stance with their player to show the world they've dealt with the matter.

Meanwhile Neil Doncaster will be in a cupboard somewhere licking his own feet.

My understanding is the SFA/SPFL agreement is much stricter than our day to day rules. The initial twice testing per week was reduced to only once for the SPFL due to costs and “THIER” we will make sure we manage our members and they will listen to our wisdom. There is a different viewpoint between JL and NS. JL is trying to help sport against the better judgment of NS. The managers and captains I’m sure would have been told in no uncertain terms. Last chance. No more *uck ups. The clubs are at the mercy of selfishness from some players who have the entitlement complex and believe they can drift in and out as they see fit. It’s now with the SFA and SPFL to show some management as if they don’t SG will shut then down. 

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Love how deluded some people are, where they think the democratically elected leader of a country, who draws support from all corners of Scotland over all boundaries of football, religion, and social standing is going to suddenly break her tough stance on C19. Because a shitty weegie football club are too important to her election prospects. It’s quite the eye opener for me. :lol:

We're going to find out?

doctor jambo

One thing about sturgeon, and I don’t like her much , is she most certainly have the balls to shut them down.

She is most definitely NOT a football buddy, and was already furious at the spfl before the celtic mess up.

Far bigger industries have been thrown under the bus than football.

I hope it is complete carnage in the top league. That everything that could possibly go wrong goes wrong. 

However the precedent has been set. For sporting integrity there has to be promotion and relegation on a PPG basis. So if they only manage 27 games or so then tough. They have made their bed. Null and void surely can’t be allowed to happen. 

24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Sturgeon hasn't got the bottle 

I wouldn't bet on that.

24 minutes ago, Locky said:

Where on earth is that fella hiding?

26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Living in a city where Covid had been suppressed until they screwed up quarantine for returned travellers, the Scottish government should ban Septic and Killie for at least 2 weeks and all who attended Rugby Park. What an utter shambles!

Way too sensible, bud. However, I'll be very surprised if there are no repercussions announced soon.

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unlikely our league will start at all under those rules.  Lot of championship players and vast  majority of league 1 & 2 players have their main jobs outside of football. How will these rules work for them ? 

My guess is that the expectation was that by the time the lower leagues resumed the SPL would've shown the way and that the gradual climb out of lockdown would allow further easing of the restrictions.

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

👍👍👍

3 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

My understanding is the SFA/SPFL agreement is much stricter than our day to day rules. The initial twice testing per week was reduced to only once for the SPFL due to costs and “THIER” we will make sure we manage our members and they will listen to our wisdom. There is a different viewpoint between JL and NS. JL is trying to help sport against the better judgment of NS. The managers and captains I’m sure would have been told in no uncertain terms. Last chance. No more *uck ups. The clubs are at the mercy of selfishness from some players who have the entitlement complex and believe they can drift in and out as they see fit. It’s now with the SFA and SPFL to show some management as if they don’t SG will shut then down. 

Good points. 👍

11 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Probably won't like hearing this, but that punishment was designed to do Hearts a favour.

Andy Irving?

I think we got away with one that day.

43 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This.  Here’s hoping the government don’t have the same Celtic bias as Doncaster and co.

For a wee bit levity, I suggest this as an appropriate song for the combined talents of the SFA and SPFL:-

"Amateur hour goes on and on,

When you turn pro, you know ..."

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Andy Irving?

I think we got away with one that day.

Yup, we really did, had it been 3 points we would not have got out the group.

Scottish Gov - "If confirmed as another serious incident within Scottish football, where protocols have been breached at the risk of wider public health, then the Scottish government will have little choice but to consider whether a pause is now needed in the resumption of the game in Scotland."

okay it’s been confirmed as yet another breach, hopefully the Scottish government show some strong leadership and get it shutdown.

:jjyay:

take your medicine *****. 

Absolute embarrassment.  English game been back since May/June and due to start back next month.  Scottish game back for less than two weeks and ready to be pulled already due to breaches.  

Celtic supporters and Celtic leaning pundits all focusing on the angle that Bolingoli should be punted.  Sums up how short sighted they are and their disregard for the rules - they think they are immune to club punishment, even though they (like Aberdeen) have brought the game into disrepute.  If it had been a Hearts player, Budge would have already received the letter of complaint from the SFA.

SectionDJambo

Celtic trying to make out that they had no knowledge that this employee of theirs visited a country which requires a quarantine period on return.

So he said nothing to anybody at all, even by way of work chat?

As part of the “ bubble” process, they haven’t told their players what they can’t do?

They probably can’t sack this guy, because then he can tell us who knew he went to Spain.

Still, Mr Vindication and the Celtic, sorry SPFL, board will sort it out.

I think the players are having a hard time understanding that they are no longer just answerable to their clubs and the League, where they receive a public ticking off and perhaps a small fine if they mess up, but are now answerable to a much higher authority that sees football as just another activity that can be stopped if it is felt to endanger public health.

It is up to the SPFL to get that message across by imposing severe penalties for players and clubs who cross the line.

7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Celtic trying to make out that they had no knowledge that this employee of theirs visited a country which requires a quarantine period on return.

So he said nothing to anybody at all, even by way of work chat?

As part of the “ bubble” process, they haven’t told their players what they can’t do?

They probably can’t sack this guy, because then he can tell us who knew he went to Spain.

Still, Mr Vindication and the Celtic, sorry SPFL, board will sort it out.

Are they suggesting they didn't notice he wasn't at training either? :lol:

I hope the SG pull the plug now. 

The football has only restarted because of the TV money. 

Mothball the game until fans are allowed in. 

Sky can then sue the SPFL 😂

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Same.

(1) it’s called vicarious liability - the player failed to quarantine (his action) but the club is also liable.

(2) if the season is ended because of the number of players in Scotland who can’t abide by the rules, then the innocent lower league players who have been on furlough and would not now have income (and might even be released and made redundant from their footballing jobs) might have a claim against the rule-breaking players, clubs and football organisation for damages ...

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

But, but, what about Mr Vindication’s bonus? You know, the one he got for making sure Celtic got their title and keeping to Sky’s timetable for broadcasting. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Gilamas said:

(1) it’s called vicarious liability - the player failed to quarantine (his action) but the club is also liable.

(2) if the season is ended because of the number of players in Scotland who can’t abide by the rules, then the innocent lower league players who have been on furlough and would not now have income (and might even be released and made redundant from their footballing jobs) might have a claim against the rule-breaking players, clubs and football organisation for damages ...

Except they can't go to court to make said claim. 

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I would pish myself.