Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Nothing in that states the players have broken any rules  and before anyone posts this is about the Hearts players having a coffee today which Pasquale thinks is breaking the rules but then again he doesn't know what the rules are so posts word after word but with nothing to point out what rule they have broken.

You have nothing Pasquale so sorry but until you can tell us what rule they have broken then sad to say you are simply stirring matters against a club you claim to support...I get it that you are trolling but trolls are sad and ignored after a short while.

Try as I might there is no statement  to say they should not be out in public from the first minister...but no doubt you have the quote from a reliable source

They are within their own bubble and can go out in public..perhaps not mix with the public outside their own bubble but they can go out

Here's a mangers view..he should know..Jim Goodwin at St Mirren.....note they can go out or do you not follow that

If you pick it up through no fault of your own, what can you do? But we don’t want players in pubs and nightclubs.

“I am not saying they cannot go out for a quiet meal with their wife or their partner. Pubs and clubs are the problem because these places cannot police the social distancing and things properly.”

She said it today in her broadcast, thousands if not millions all over the U.K. heard her. 
I would trust Neil Lennon over Jim Goodwin when it comes to knowing what the rules are, it’s not up to Goodwin to tell his players what they can and can’t do, the SG has done that. 
The agreement between the clubs and the SG hasn’t been published anywhere, we just have the FMs words. 
As for being a Hearts supporter I don’t need to prove my credentials to you or any other blind Levein fan who starts threads begging folk to stop criticising the people who had us bottom of the league and in a position to be demoted. 
You have been told, you don’t listen, you’re never wrong, so bash on being one of the most popular posters on here 🤣🤣😆🤪. Back on ignore where you belong 👋🏿

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Players are going to have to suck it up or opt out as they are in the NFL.

That should be an option,  to defer a year or tear up the contract if they wish.

No problem with people wanting to socialize but not when it impacts on others livelihood 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Absolutely, where are their contingency plans?

schadenfreude is one of my favourite words. Shame we don’t have an equivalent. 

It’s ok we can use that, like we do with loads of other words, capiche 😜?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Players are going to have to suck it up or opt out as they are in the NFL.

That should be an option,  to defer a year or tear up the contract if they wish.

No problem with people wanting to socialize but not when it impacts on others livelihood 

Over 40 players have opted out, about 2% but guys  like Odell Beckham Jr who said “ why should I put myself in danger so they can protect their money” aren’t going to play. I don’t think our players have been given the choice. 
It was a crazy decision to go out last week, guys like Bryson should really know better. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You are posting some shit tonight just to stir the pot. The idea that 8 footballers are in a boozer  in itself raises questions about their professionalism. To do it during a pandemic is inexcusable. 

"Why should they not be out in public "? Jesus wept.  Stop asking dumb questions and just think about the stupidity of your question. 

He's trolling, has to be, nobody's that stupid😕

**** Aberdeen **** the SFA and **** the SPFL and **** all the excuses that will fallow 

Edited by Kyle1874

What’s happened is that because of the Aberdeen players stupidity football is a baw hair away from being shut down. After everything it’s been through to get it going and these arseholes have now brought it back to its knees. How many clubs will suffer if it means a football lockdown ? (Karma and all that aside).  Absolutely pathetic from the Aberdeen players. 
sturgeon will not bat an eyelid and rightly so.  That dick Doncaster may well be having a sleepless night because the SKY deal that he wanks over will be a huge problem if this gets shut down after another selfish act of players flouting rules. And I’m sure that’ll be incoming

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

**** Aberdeen **** the SFA and **** the SPFL and **** all the excuses that will fallow 

This ,the whole shit show is run by an overpaid clown ,only in our game could overpaid assholes actually get away with not knowing or having a plan how to deal with this pandemic,football should have been closed down and pubs should never been opened far too early. This is going to get worse as usual money takes priority over lives from assholes cramming into venues to overpaid footballers and politicians breaking the rules,this just cents my belief that humans are he'll bent on self destruction,selfish tests they deserve whatever comes their way ,rant over

manaliveits105

No real problem in EPL but they don’t have the SPFL and SFA at the helm 

If Tom English is on Sportsound today might tune in - could be classic 

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Oops. 🤣🤣. Must stop drinking that wine and jumping into threads. 🍷🍷

😀, great thread this.

chuck berrys hairline

Lady Karma is a b!tch

Doncasters heading for a padded cell soon imo

Harry Potter
13 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Lady Karma is a b!tch

Doncasters heading for a padded cell soon imo

Least he will get private treatment with that big wage.

Seymour M Hersh

Has Mr VIndication vindicated himself yet?  In fact has he said anything on the matter? Personally I think the mutton molesters should be awarded (the SPFL does like to award things after all) a 3-0 defeat at the perth gobshites given the win. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Over 40 players have opted out, about 2% but guys  like Odell Beckham Jr who said “ why should I put myself in danger so they can protect their money” aren’t going to play. I don’t think our players have been given the choice. 
It was a crazy decision to go out last week, guys like Bryson should really know better. 

Could more follow?

Point being,  if you aren't willing to operate in a bubble,  and there are valid reasons why people may not want to,  including health,  then in these circumstances you should be given an option 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Has Mr VIndication vindicated himself yet?  In fact has he said anything on the matter? Personally I think the mutton molesters should be awarded (the SPFL does like to award things after all) a 3-0 defeat at the perth gobshites given the win. 

Apparently not in their gift,  would require a rule change,  I.e resolution and vote :)

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

No real problem in EPL but they don’t have the SPFL and SFA at the helm 

If Tom English is on Sportsound today might tune in - could be classic 

Me too. And I’d like to hear Dickhead Gordon scramble about too. It’ll all likely be too much to think about for Willie Miller but comedy all the same

doctor jambo

Quite obvious there has been zero planning into “what if” scenarios.

you know - what to do if things go awry.

We did it at the start of the pandemic.

”what if” we all fall ill

”what if “ the building has to close

”what if “ the practice over the road closes

and so on

Appears nobody at board level has done this

”what if “ a game cannot be played

”what if” almost an entire squad flout the rules and are put into isolation

All of this was easily predictable, and punishments and contingency set out before a ball was kicked.

yet the ONLY focus was getting started, with no thoughts as to keep going once it was

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Why should they not be out in public ?...your post is nonsense ..come on point it out where it states they should not be out in public...I think we know you can't so as I said desperate and of course nonsense post 

There is no reason whatsoever they should not be out except in the mind of those who are looking to create a fuss when there is none

Honestly to tell players they should not be out in public is just sad when everyone else is allowed.....provided the 'rules' are being followed

It really is that simple

Oh who said the Aberdeen players are blameless it seems they 'broke' the more than 3 household rule so guilty as charged..just as many will be tonight, tomorrow etc etc when they meet up with their friends

Good to see you have changed your team from seven to the sheep now, makes a nice change. Don't have a clue why you are on your one man crusade to support them, they broke the rules in place to allow football to restart. They have been lambasted by the SG and their own club but that isn't good enough for you??

I see you have now changed tack and mentioned Hearts players. You originally posted about the dons players which started all this. Think you realised you were farting against thunder trying to support them 

Edited by XB52

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Good to see you have changed your team from seven to the sheep now, makes a nice change. Don't have a clue why you are on your one man crusade to support them, they broke the rules in place to allow football to restart. They have been lambasted by the SG and their own club but that isn't good enough for you??

I see you have now changed tack and mentioned Hearts players. You originally posted about the dons players which started all this. Think you realised you were farting against thunder trying to support them 

That was my fault, I posted a picture that Cochrane put up of him, Morrison and Halkett in Krispy Kreme yesterday. I just though it was ill advised at this or any point to be out in public, as Sturgeon mentioned yesterday.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Could more follow?

Point being,  if you aren't willing to operate in a bubble,  and there are valid reasons why people may not want to,  including health,  then in these circumstances you should be given an option 

I think you are but you won’t be paid. 

40 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

and so on

All of this was easily predictable, and punishments and contingency set out before a ball was kicked.

yet the ONLY focus was getting started, with no thoughts as to keep going once it was

Spot on. All the SPFL has done is open a can of worms.

They used the covid situation as an excuse to finish the season just past which in turn punished certain teams , why should it be different now? 

We all know the story. If they were fair no one would be out with the pitchforks.

They’d have given themselves breathing space with the problems they failed to have foresight with. 

Fitzroy Pointon
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sportsound should be worth listening today 😆😂.

Absolute nap they will play down the whole thing. 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of the ball anaw, cosgrove & Cowan were desperate for the fitbaw back and now this ha,ha

I don't understand why such a soft approach to Aberdeen.    This has been a serious breach by number of their players,   First Minister has been damning and it's strange that the game has not been forfeited. It also appears Celtic and Hamilton benefit whilst St Johnston have to accommodate a rescheduled match.   Where is the sense or fairness in this?    Could it have anything to do with Aberdeen agreeing to change their vote after a conversation with ND?   

I wonder what inconsistent decisions we're going to see as this season pans out.  

11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Absolutely, where are their contingency plans?

schadenfreude is one of my favourite words. Shame we don’t have an equivalent. 

I think the swear filter would go into over drive if you tried to come up with a collection of words to exp!win what it meant in relation to Scottish football.

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I don't understand why such a soft approach to Aberdeen.    This has been a serious breach by number of their players,   First Minister has been damning and it's strange that the game has not been forfeited. It also appears Celtic and Hamilton benefit whilst St Johnston have to accommodate a rescheduled match.   Where is the sense or fairness in this?    Could it have anything to do with Aberdeen agreeing to change their vote after a conversation with ND?   

I wonder what inconsistent decisions we're going to see as this season pans out.  

‘They will be wary of setting a precedent in case it happens to either of the cheeks

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘They will be wary of setting a precedent in case it happens to either of the cheeks

Exactly.  

doctor jambo
13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Either of them losing three points makes her haw difference

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Either of them losing three points makes her haw difference

Possibly, but last season, up till the new year, SevCo would have had Celtic worried.

Will they have enough this year, possibly not, but if it were to come down to three points and it was awarded because of a forfeited game, I dread to think how the hordes would react

Johnny Sandiego
12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Why should they not be out in public ?...your post is nonsense ..come on point it out where it states they should not be out in public...I think we know you can't so as I said desperate and of course nonsense post 

There is no reason whatsoever they should not be out except in the mind of those who are looking to create a fuss when there is none

Honestly to tell players they should not be out in public is just sad when everyone else is allowed.....provided the 'rules' are being followed

It really is that simple

Oh who said the Aberdeen players are blameless it seems they 'broke' the more than 3 household rule so guilty as charged..just as many will be tonight, tomorrow etc etc when they meet up with their friends

Where to start with this...

If a couple of players had maybe gone for dinner with their wives, or a small group had visited a quiet village pub then i dont think that would be getting the same attention. It would still be against the protocall but could be forgiven as simply blowing off steam after a hard week.

Instead we have 8 or 9 players going on a bar crawl in a city centre on a Saturday night. One bar in particular, Soul, was actually qued round the block at its peak busy time. 

Players need to take responsibility here. Appreciate the fact they are in a privalaged position and act with a bit of common sense. 

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Me too. And I’d like to hear Dickhead Gordon scramble about too. It’ll all likely be too much to think about for Willie Miller but comedy all the same

I said I would not listen again but my word today could be tempting!

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

and so on

Spot on, there was a 100% focus on hitting the August 1st start date so the precious sky deal wouldnt be impacted. It looks like other than hitting that date they haven't prepared for anything else that might happen over the coming months.

The fact the government had to step in to cancel the game says everything. Zero responsibility taken by the SPFL. 

doctor jambo
25 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Possibly, but last season, up till the new year, SevCo would have had Celtic worried.

Will they have enough this year, possibly not, but if it were to come down to three points and it was awarded because of a forfeited game, I dread to think how the hordes would react

Same way we just did- a lot of wailing and impotent rage 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Spot on. All the SPFL has done is open a can of worms.

They used the covid situation as an excuse to finish the season just past which in turn punished certain teams , why should it be different now? 

We all know the story. If they were fair no one would be out with the pitchforks.

They’d have given themselves breathing space with the problems they failed to have foresight with. 

Probably because the whole of the UK is not going into full lockdown. If that were to change (which I doubt as I feel we're at the arse end of this) then they would surely not have a leg to stand on if they failed to end the season. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Spot on, there was a 100% focus on hitting the August 1st start date so the precious sky deal wouldnt be impacted. It looks like other than hitting that date they haven't prepared for anything else that might happen over the coming months.

The fact the government had to step in to cancel the game says everything. Zero responsibility taken by the SPFL. 

The government didnt technically cancel the game but to paraphrase Don Corleone. They made the Scottish footballing authorities an offer they couldnt refuse.

47 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not sure if we got to the bottom of the Rangers testing issue apart from 'nothing to see' but it was rumoured 9 players played when results not back.

IF that was the case Rangers should be sitting on minus 7 points and the league won by Celtic already.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not often one would see that sentence written!

With the Motherwell player, looks like the procedure is pretty clear. 

Breaking the rules is the problem with Aberdeen. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

With the Motherwell player, looks like the procedure is pretty clear. 

Breaking the rules is the problem with Aberdeen. 

On the subject of Motherwell and all things SPL Covid 19 testing we can thank the deity of your choice that it is only "false" +ves that are found and there are no "false" -ves to be found. What a relief.

From the Beeb

A Motherwell first-team player tested positive for Covid-19 this week, but further screenings showed that result to be false.

As a precaution, the unnamed player must self-isolate for 10 days, ruling him out of games against Dundee United and Livingston.

A club spokesperson told BBC Scotland the player will be tested again prior to his return to training.

The player's club test on Tuesday came back positive.

However, two follow-ups - an NHS screening and a private test - both returned negative results.

Edited by 7628mm

As well as Sportsound, Jason Leitch of the Government public health management team is usually on Off the Ball at 12.30pm. 

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The government didnt technically cancel the game but to paraphrase Don Corleone. They made the Scottish footballing authorities an offer they couldnt refuse.

Exactly.

If the SG had postponed the game then the SPFL/SFA may have had recourse with SKY for the money for the ST J /ABZ game as the decision was taken out of their hands and therefore the SG should be liable for the money lost.

The SG basically told the SPFL/SFA that they or their members had not followed the agreed protocol and it was their responsibility to sort out their own house in the first instance.

I suspect that if SPFL/SFA fail to keep their end of the bargain then the SG are within their rights to shut the game down for the health of the nation.

The SPFL/SFA are of course in the process of playing politics with their statements on the matter suggesting it is the big bad SG at fault. 

The SPFL/SFA will not win this war if they choose to fight it. In fact they are likely to behave as usual and by their own incompetence get the game shut down within the next few weeks.

I for one am looking forward to the carnage. HHGH

Sawdust Caesar
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As well as Sportsound, Jason Leitch of the Government public health management team is usually on Off the Ball at 12.30pm. 

I think his regular slot has finished on the show, I might be wrong though.