Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Horatio Caine
21 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Nicola saying no chance will loads of fans back at the grounds.

The test events are only still going ahead as they were planned before the increase of cases.

Reading between the lines of what she said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she announced tomorrow that these test events were now cancelled until infection rates can come back down.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I'm not bothered who tests, I actually want it to be successful. The reason is if it successful we will be in Tynecastle sooner rather than later. Stop wanting it to fail cause it means we won't be back for even longer.

"We" won't be back at Tynecastle for  a long, long time - regardless of whether the test events go well or not.     IMO, a best case scenario is that Hearts are allowed to admit 4000 fans (max) in to games at some point in the season - so if you're a ST holder, you'll maybe get to see every 3rd home match, and still have to abide by the protocols which will cause significant inconvenience and pretty much destroy your enjoyment of the day.      Worst case scenario for us  is BCD for the whole season - which will see some clubs fall by the wayside along the way and render  the season null & void.    The test events are almost irrelevant - it's the prevalence of the virus as winter approaches (allied to the stupidity of  dafties) which will dictate what the SG do regarding our football. 

3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Advised to arrive early, temperature will be checked, I understand why it’s all being done, but that’s not what a football match is about for me.

Correct.  The protocols like the one quoted above (Aberdeen) make the whole experience surreal.  Happy to throw money at Hearts to aid their survival, but will be giving Tynecastle a miss until some kind of normality re-appears.

36 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Nicola saying no chance will loads of fans back at the grounds.

The test events are only still going ahead as they were planned before the increase of cases.

:jjyay:

The longer we have fans away from games the closer we get to clubs going out of business.

excellent. 

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Reading between the lines of what she said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she announced tomorrow that these test events were now cancelled until infection rates can come back down.

The St Leger at Doncaster is now behind closed doors, after today, having previously being an agreed test event. 

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

:jjyay:

The longer we have fans away from games the closer we get to clubs going out of business.

excellent. 

I never thought I would feel this way as well, after having the boots put to us by almost everyone I wholeheartedly agree, they tried to put us out of business, I hope they go bust, the more the merrier! 

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So you agree that wearing face masks while sitting outside AND socially distancing is required now? 

In literally no other circumstance is that required but that what they will introduce at the football.  And you defend the Scottish Football authorities for that?  Jog on.  

If the only way I could attend a Hearts match for the  foreseeable was to wear a face mask I'd not have a problem with it

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Odds of Celtic fans turning up at the Ross County game = Evens

Is there any restrictions on wrecking seats, or throwing missiles, or spitting at children?

Edited by Paolo

16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If the only way I could attend a Hearts match for the  foreseeable was to wear a face mask I'd not have a problem with it

I was asked to wear a mask before COVID...........................harsh I thought.

3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Odds of Celtic fans turning up at the Ross County game = Evens

if/when this happens odds of the sfa/spfl/celtic sweep it under the carpet broom comin out = 1/100

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

As long as you stick the 300 in an area envisaged to hold that in the future then I suppose it has some value. Not if you spread them around the stadium though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

i imagine the value would be more in the control of getting people in and out of the stadium while maintaining social distancing

jambo-in-furness

While I realise it’s the thin end of the wedge,  how costly is it to the clubs arranging to host a crowd of 300,  sorting out the timing of arrival,  arranging social distancing,  stewarding,  checking identities,  etc. 
and all without taking in a penny,  season ticket holders only,  no food kiosks and if they have hospitality packages, 2m social distancing will also put the kybosh on that too.

I would argue it makes more economical sense to play BCD.

5 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Can sit down in a boozer and get smashed without a mask on, shout laugh etc. But got to wear one outside? The decision making gets more laughable by the minute 

Not if the bar staff are following the guidelines you can't.

Doctor FinnBarr
23 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Not if the bar staff are following the guidelines you can't.

Bar staff follow their own rules even before the Covid shitstorm ie.you cannot by law serve a drunk person alcohol, everyone does though IF they got drunk on your premises. Coming in drunk is a different matter.

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Boris has just said they are going to review crowds returning, which is code for nae chance right now

Nicola hinted similar earlier. Find out tomorrow. 

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, JWL said:

I was asked to wear a mask before COVID...........................harsh I thought.

You could have chosen a better one 😲

If none more test positive Thursday, the game will go ahead is my best assumption, although the government might recommend a postponement, it is the spfl that call it. 

I would think they will give it the go ahead if it is just 1 case. 

Bet their cracks are twitching though. 

Edited by HMFC01

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

St Midden has had another player test positive.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54096932

Question now whether their game against the Hobos will go ahead at the weekend.

Is that 2 for St Mirren now? Maybe the SPFL should bring in a 3 strikes and you're out rule. Another one for St Mirren and they go down to be replaced by us. It's only fair.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Maybe but seems overkill given how rarely that eventuality is likely to happen and yet you now have to watch the whole game from behind a mask.  

Doesn’t appeal to me personally. 

You know the mask doesn't cover your eyes, yeah?

Bazzas right boot

Don't understand folk wanting the test games to fail. 

I want to attend a Hearts game ASAP. 

These test games failing will just prolong no fans at games, including us. 

I hope it's a success and by next month fans are allowed into the stadium in some sort of significant number. 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

While I realise it’s the thin end of the wedge,  how costly is it to the clubs arranging to host a crowd of 300,  sorting out the timing of arrival,  arranging social distancing,  stewarding,  checking identities,  etc. 
and all without taking in a penny,  season ticket holders only,  no food kiosks and if they have hospitality packages, 2m social distancing will also put the kybosh on that too.

I would argue it makes more economical sense to play BCD.

Yeah, I don't think playing to that sort of crowd numbers will continue, it's a test which will then be used to test bigger numbers going forward depending on how it goes. Iron out issues before increasing the number. 

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So you agree that wearing face masks while sitting outside AND socially distancing is required now? 

In literally no other circumstance is that required but that what they will introduce at the football.  And you defend the Scottish Football authorities for that?  Jog on.  

Rugby, English fa and train stations all do it as well. It's not a Scottish football thing, it's operators and business being as practical as possible so that things go forward rather than in reverse again and being seen to be as diligent as possible. 

If wearing a mask  is the hardest thing you need to do during this in order to watch a football game I'd say you were doing OK Tbh. 

It's wearing a mask, not going into the trenches for 2 years or doing a 12 hour shift down the mines, it's not a big deal for me Tbh, inconvenient - yes, that is all. 

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't understand folk wanting the test games to fail. 

I want to attend a Hearts game ASAP. 

These test games failing will just prolong no fans at games, including us. 

I hope it's a success and by next month fans are allowed into the stadium in some sort of significant number. 

Its not going to happen, look at what’s happening. Cases growing again - more restrictions in place.. why would the government allow significant crowds at events which are “nice to have”

reconcile yourself to the fact it’s not happening. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rugby, English fa and train stations all do it as well. It's not a Scottish football thing, it's operators and business being as practical as possible so that things go forward rather than in reverse again and being seen to be as diligent as possible. 

If wearing a mask  is the hardest thing you need to do during this in order to watch a football game I'd say you were doing OK Tbh. 

It's wearing a mask, not going into the trenches for 2 years or doing a 12 hour shift down the mines, it's not a big deal for me Tbh, inconvenient - yes, that is all. 

agree, people just need to do what they are ****ing told. This year is shite, we get it - everyone fees the same.. made worse by spoilt self entitled arseholes.

look at the Wuhan, did what they were told for a few months.. no problem

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Its not going to happen, look at what’s happening. Cases growing again - more restrictions in place.. why would the government allow significant crowds at events which are “nice to have”

reconcile yourself to the fact it’s not happening. 

I don't think crowds returning (test cases aside) is happening this year also, especially with winter upon us. I'm just hoping (with this in mind) that the SPFL don't call a halt to the Championship starting... I'm pretty sure there will be a few teams that say they can't afford to play BCD - and if this is the case I can see this season cancelled before a ball is kicked, knowing the SPFL as I do.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
17 hours ago, sassenach said:

I've had a different experience.

I went to an FA Cup preliminary at Guisborough Town, it was an awful night and the attendance was only 236. Although there was plenty of room, reasonably large groups of men were still gathering to watch and discuss the game. This is of course natural behaviour, but is clearly going against the current rules.

I tried to socially distance, but when strangers just appear close behind and to either side it becomes difficult. I want to go to the next round this weekend, but I'm waiting to hear on a job application so I need to be careful in case I get invited to an interview while having to self-isolate.

Crowds at games is not going to work without close stewarding.

I was at a friendly between Hallam FC and Grantham Town last Tuesday night. A test event with max. 150, in a ground with a 1000 capacity. The clubhouse was open with plenty in the bar, very few masks anywhere in the ground and very little social distancing. My mate and I kept well away from others but, really, it was very little different from any other Hallam home game I've been to.

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

St Midden has had another player test positive.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54096932

Question now whether their game against the Hobos will go ahead at the weekend.

I've just checked my sympathy meter after their "heartbreaking" twitter jibe and yup it is currently sitting at -100.

Take your medicine St.Midden

Be interesting to see when both OF sides get some fans in. The clubs will have control and will know which areas of ground their problem fans 'sit' in.  Will their fans obey the segregation or just gather together.  What about live singing, it was banned in churches and may still be. Will the Green Brigade get in, that would be really interesting.

Opposition fans will not be at away games,  let's see if that holds when games more local happen.

7 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

Be interesting to see when both OF sides get some fans in. The clubs will have control and will know which areas of ground their problem fans 'sit' in.  Will their fans obey the segregation or just gather together.  What about live singing, it was banned in churches and may still be. Will the Green Brigade get in, that would be really interesting.

Opposition fans will not be at away games,  let's see if that holds when games more local happen.

yep, they have their balaclavas already... so they're prepared.

Joking aside - the uglies can't behave and WILL ruin it for everyone.... and we'll get punished.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I don't think crowds returning (test cases aside) is happening this year also, especially with winter upon us. I'm just hoping (with this in mind) that the SPFL don't call a halt to the Championship starting... I'm pretty sure there will be a few teams that say they can't afford to play BCD - and if this is the case I can see this season cancelled before a ball is kicked, knowing the SPFL as I do.

Fingers crossed that does happen.  We will be fine as always but it will cause a few scumbag clubs to go bust. 

I know it’s crap not being able to go to games but it will be worth it in the long run.  We will be back supporting Hearts one day whilst other clubs will be dead.  

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is that 2 for St Mirren now? Maybe the SPFL should bring in a 3 strikes and you're out rule. Another one for St Mirren and they go down to be replaced by us. It's only fair.

Great idea; and then we get 3 cases.......

11 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Crowds at games is not going to work without close stewarding.

I was at a friendly between Hallam FC and Grantham Town last Tuesday night. A test event with max. 150, in a ground with a 1000 capacity. The clubhouse was open with plenty in the bar, very few masks anywhere in the ground and very little social distancing. My mate and I kept well away from others but, really, it was very little different from any other Hallam home game I've been to.

17 hours ago, sassenach said:

I've had a different experience.

I went to an FA Cup preliminary at Guisborough Town, it was an awful night and the attendance was only 236. Although there was plenty of room, reasonably large groups of men were still gathering to watch and discuss the game. This is of course natural behaviour, but is clearly going against the current rules.

I tried to socially distance, but when strangers just appear close behind and to either side it becomes difficult. I want to go to the next round this weekend, but I'm waiting to hear on a job application so I need to be careful in case I get invited to an interview while having to self-isolate.

I have been a few games at Whitley bay and Heaton Stannington, in both cases i seen the same as what you guys have with guys definitely just standing  where they are used to, but most folk were standing well away from each other, only 300 at each with grounds that hold over 1000. 

looking forward to FA cup match at Whitley on Saturday, although our last 2 league games were cancelled due to players testing positive so hopefully this goes ahead.

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Fingers crossed that does happen.  We will be fine as always but it will cause a few scumbag clubs to go bust. 

I know it’s crap not being able to go to games but it will be worth it in the long run.  We will be back supporting Hearts one day whilst other clubs will be dead.  

Unlike a lot, it seems, I don’t relish the prospect of no football for us this season. Would be disastrous in many ways.  

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unlike a lot, it seems, I don’t relish the prospect of no football for us this season. Would be disastrous in many ways.  

Short term pain will be worth it for me.  I can handle not watching us play a bunch of farmers for a while.  Happy to sit back and watch it kill off a few clubs :thumbsup:

Just now, davemclaren said:

I can see the SPFL 'asking' what clubs from the lower leagues can afford to play BCD. When they hear that only the 'professional' clubs can (ie. 4 or 5), I can see them cancelling this season and only going with the Premier (no relegation).

If we kick off with reduced fans, I still think there will come a time when we revert to BCD... and this is when clubs will start to fall by the wayside. League cancelled, another year in the Championship for us. As things stand, I can't see us getting promotion this season, and we'll each be lucky to see a couple of games.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
32 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I have been a few games at Whitley bay and Heaton Stannington, in both cases i seen the same as what you guys have with guys definitely just standing  where they are used to, but most folk were standing well away from each other, only 300 at each with grounds that hold over 1000. 

looking forward to FA cup match at Whitley on Saturday, although our last 2 league games were cancelled due to players testing positive so hopefully this goes ahead.

20 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Enjoy the game. I'm 50/50 over Guisborough, as I love the FA Cup but the last thing I need is enforced self-isolation while I'm applying for jobs.

I think the pies might swing it for me. There's something special about a pie at a Northern League ground.

Good luck with the games.  I really enjoy going to non-League, when I can't get to see Hearts.  However, I don't think I'll be back at Sandygate Park ("Oldest football ground in the world"), until the whole social distancing and masks issue at games is sorted out.  You only have to look at the situations where spikes have appeared to realise that the chances of it happening at a game like I was at are prertty high.  And, in my particuallr case, that's a chance not worth taking..

What's the point going to the games when you can't shout, sing, stand or do anything! Covid-19 is the biggest myth this world has ever seen and the general public have lapped up just being told what to do by the worlds governments. 

Pasquale for King
On 09/09/2020 at 00:49, Zico said:

There is a benefit to the weegies lack of personal hygiene!

Don’t forget that their fans from across the water are advised against travelling to the U.K. abc need to isolate on their return. It looks like they’re losing even more money now hahahahaha 😆😂.

34 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

What's the point going to the games when you can't shout, sing, stand or do anything! Covid-19 is the biggest myth this world has ever seen and the general public have lapped up just being told what to do by the worlds governments. 

Tell that to the stupid laddies that stand on the hill behind the south stand at Livi.  Congregate, swig buckie and sing ditties.  Folklore.