Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How exactly does footballers sharing flats with players in other teams work as a "football bubble"?

As explained above there isn't any bubble. Just caution over how people use training and match day facilities. 

An actual bubble like the cricket where just now the Australia and England teams are staying in a hotel at the cricket ground and don't meet anyone else is something else. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How exactly does footballers sharing flats with players in other teams work as a "football bubble"?

Are you serious ?

It might be good if you bothered to research the football bubble and what it entails

They are not locked up in rooms 24 hours a day, they are allowed to mix and meet 'real' people such as their family and children, they are not in some sort of complex apart from the general population......it's not rocket science nor is it hard to understand

Interesting comments by Doncaster on BBC website.  Football needs the atmosphere the fans create.

EH!, nobody is allowed to shout or sing, so won't be much atmosphere.  Will fans who do be banned?

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Given Exeter University are going to be able to give tests with results in many cases less than 24 hours why can this not be applied to football fans even if they have to pay for them.

There is no certainty in life but if negative then fans should be allowed to attend as long as fans are aware of the possibilities that nothing is 100%

Exeter University has announced it is investing in commercial same-day tests for its students.

Cambridge University also says it's going to offer weekly tests for students living in its accommodation.

Sean Fielding, who has been co-ordinating Exeter University's testing plans, explained that students could contact a rapid-response hub phone line to get a test.

Tests would be delivered on to campus and then collected by "trained providers" and sent to a lab.

The university, he said, was aiming for a maximum turnaround of 24 hours between getting a test and a result, though results had been provided in as little as 11 hours, he said.

Trouble is, stadia are regarded as high risk areas and although fans might be willing to take chances it's the possibility of them catching the virus and spreading it to others that would be uppermost in the minds of politicians and others.

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Are you serious ?

It might be good if you bothered to research the football bubble and what it entails

They are not locked up in rooms 24 hours a day, they are allowed to mix and meet 'real' people such as their family and children, they are not in some sort of complex apart from the general population......it's not rocket science nor is it hard to understand

Then we're screwed. I had assumed at minimum footballers would not be mixing with other footballers outwith the club to avoid exactly what has just happened.

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

Interesting comments by Doncaster on BBC website.  Football needs the atmosphere the fans create.

EH!, nobody is allowed to shout or sing, so won't be much atmosphere.  Will fans who do be banned?

Doncaster has bet everything on fans coming back. He's losing this bet and knows it.

3 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Trouble is, stadia are regarded as high risk areas and although fans might be willing to take chances it's the possibility of them catching the virus and spreading it to others that would be uppermost in the minds of politicians and others.

Indoors with people close by is risky. 

Outdoors is low risk. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😀 😂🐽 😷 💊 

:glorious:

Isn’t it just, carnage on the streets as folk queue and then are refused entry into pubs as they’re from too many households or it’s full 😆😂

54 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

what he means is his puppet master liewell has said celtic need the baying sectarian crowds to influence the refs to more of an extent that they normally do. And celtic need the fans to cover the mess lennon made by getting punted out of the champions league

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Indoors with people close by is risky. 

Outdoors is low risk. 

Problem is your only outdoors during the game, on the bus, in the pub, at the kiosks, in the toilet is the issue 

29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what he means is his puppet master liewell has said celtic need the baying sectarian crowds to influence the refs to more of an extent that they normally do. And celtic need the fans to cover the mess lennon made by getting punted out of the champions league

They’ll be talking about 'fairness' again soon. 

Guest ToqueJambo

New Zealand who were well ahead of everyone are not allowing crowds again - at least in areas/cities with outbreaks. Thats after they had zero cases and full stadiums not that long ago.

We're not going to see full stadiums any time soon, definitely not for the SC or the OF game. The SPFL and JRG and the rest are utterly deluded.

52 minutes ago, ericb said:

Problem is your only outdoors during the game, on the bus, in the pub, at the kiosks, in the toilet is the issue 

I was not aware any of the above were banned

So no more risk than we have anyway

We are not going to get this perfect world of perfect health which some seem to think existed pre Covid......and people were transferring all sorts of illness to each other on the bus, in the pub and in the toilets before Covid

It's time to move on and whilst minimising risk admit we cannot eliminate it.

Life is also about informed choices and if informed an individual can make that choice whether to travel or attend knowing the risks providing they follow the rules in force at the time

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Peter Lawwell's power limited it seems after all

Interesting to note that they are now admitting the game was pushed back on purpose. So no random computer fixtures after all?

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

When I say "chuck it" I mean-

Restrictions on things like pubs, club, and big crowds but stating they are not happening as previous until a vaccination is found and then set up a crisis fund and group to deal with it. 

Applying masks, hand-washing were practical. 

But also not going backwards and forwards and almost pushing for the old normal to return as we feel we need to. 

Basically make a decision until the science on covid allows us to change things, not because we want to party or fund the economy. 

And Ofc, funding the health service enough and properly. 

It's a shed topic and one ironically to be discussed over a few pints, face to face as it's a complicated and diverse with no 100% correct or wrong answer. 

I find drinking a pint very difficult in my biohazard suit. 

4 minutes ago, trotter said:

Interesting to note that they are now admitting the game was pushed back on purpose. So no random computer fixtures after all?

Does it say that in the sun article, Iam not inclined to click on that link. 

If yes, it was possible it was random, until they used their obvious influence, both of them. 

If any other clubs tried to shift games for entertainment for fans(money) it would be laughed off. 

I wonder what scheme they are planning now, shift it to next year, postponed until clarification on fans returning. 

😂 

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Peter Lawwell's power limited it seems after all

What's the odds on the game being rescheduled for November/December?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

What's the odds on the game being rescheduled for November/December?

They'll just keep trying to push it back until they have to play 4 OF games in a week next May or something.

Geoff Kilpatrick
54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

New Zealand who were well ahead of everyone are not allowing crowds again - at least in areas/cities with outbreaks. Thats after they had zero cases and full stadiums not that long ago.

We're not going to see full stadiums any time soon, definitely not for the SC or the OF game. The SPFL and JRG and the rest are utterly deluded.

NZ should get crowds back at some point because they were starting from a zero base but your point is correct. There's no way stadia should be opened in Scotland at the current levels if the plan is still to flatten the curve. However, looking from the outside, I don't get what the UK's strategy actually is.

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I find drinking a pint very difficult in my biohazard suit. 

Don't be a non belevier, don't be that guy. 😜

EPn4cT5X4AApL3J.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

I'm really starting to take to Nicola.  I bet the authorities are livid.  To give him credit, Doncaster has had a big, long think and has come out with wisdom well beyond us humble mortals.

He has pronounced that crowds at games are really important as they provide much needed revenue for clubs.

Be honest, none of you would have thought of that.

Hagar the Horrible

Getting a dose of the covid is as good as getting a 3 game ban now, but unlike being sent off, you cant train either.

But my question is. How many players need to be confirmed before the whole squad needs to iscolate?

Would it be prudent to split your squad into 2 groups, so that if if one group gets it, you can still field a team?

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Getting a dose of the covid is as good as getting a 3 game ban now, but unlike being sent off, you cant train either.

But my question is. How many players need to be confirmed before the whole squad needs to iscolate?

Would it be prudent to split your squad into 2 groups, so that if if one group gets it, you can still field a team?

Faur shout. I suspect the youth squads train separately so they would need to be drafted in if it comes to that?

This is a distinct possibility now so I wonder if this puts us in a far better financial position than almost every club outside the ugly sisters? With almost 12,000 season tickets sold and FOH cash coming in we're not that far away from what we would bring in on match days. Not that I want any other clubs to toil or fold obviously (f*@#ing RIGHT I do)

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also makes it more likely we'll be in the Championship for 2 years. 

this ☝️

With no crowds at games, it'll go to a vote to end the season before it starts for leagues outside the prem. There are far more (unprofessional) teams that can't afford to play BCD than professional teams that can (outside the premier). It will go to a 'vote' and once again, the 'tinpots' will dictate the future outcomes of the 'professionals' as is the way in our backward, corrupt, incompetent excuse for a football association.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm not going to be hypocritical about it, I genuinely hope fans aren't allowed back in to stadiums until next season at the very earliest, because we've been financially guaranteed our safety for 5 years, and others around us would either crumble or seriously weaken, and that suits me just fine :) 

Mon the Nicola ;) 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also makes it more likely we'll be in the Championship for 2 years. 

Was that not part of the master plan from the SFA/SPFL ?

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Was that not part of the master plan from the SFA/SPFL ?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was. I think this was why dungcaster wanted executive powers so that he (lawwell) could call the leagues as and when required.

...don't think it matters though. If fans aren't getting into games, the lower leagues won't start IMO (see my post above.)

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was. I think this was why dungcaster wanted executive powers so that he (lawwell) could call the leagues as and when required.

...don't think it matters though. If fans aren't getting into games, the lower leagues won't start IMO (see my post above.)

We’ll find out soon enough re the lower leagues. You would hope the SPFL are confirming everyone is starting as planned. Contingency plan should be a league, or two, for those that are confirmed as starting. 

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We’ll find out soon enough re the lower leagues. You would hope the SPFL are confirming everyone is starting as planned. Contingency plan should be a league, or two, for those that are confirmed as starting. 

Ahh... league reconstruction? Contingency?.... you do realise we're talking about the SPFL here.🤣🤣🤣

what we are about to witness is just how short-sighted and 'tinpot' Scottish football actually is (to those that it wasn't abundantly clear before!)

You are right of course... reconstruction is what should happen... and should have been thrashed out/organised long ago. Makes you wonder how these tinpot chairmen actually made their millions in the first place - if even I could see that? You would assume some business acumen would be required?

Niemi’s gloves
27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Ahh... league reconstruction? Contingency?.... you do realise we're talking about the SPFL here.🤣🤣🤣

what we are about to witness is just how short-sighted and 'tinpot' Scottish football actually is (to those that it wasn't abundantly clear before!)

You are right of course... reconstruction is what should happen... and should have been thrashed out/organised long ago. Makes you wonder how these tinpot chairmen actually made their millions in the first place - if even I could see that? You would assume some business acumen would be required?

Unfortunately Doncaster can argue that the problem is that he and the board of the SPFL weren’t given the powers they wanted to make emergency decisions this season. But who would trust him/them.

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hopefully allowed back by following old firm game at Ibrox - the victims will self combust

Creates a bit of a problem for the SPFL.

That old 'fairness' thing. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Creates a bit of a problem for the SPFL.

That old 'fairness' thing. 

🤣... aye, first OF game at Ibrox next season - nae fans! Just to balance things up.

This is the ONLY reason the word 'fairness' appears in the SPFL rule book.

Jason Leitch says up to football authorities if game goes ahead.

But football no different than any other industry and test and protect procedures kick in.  Football exemption is only field of play.

Apparently test and protect will check players' GPS to identify social distancing impacts outside of pitch.

Edited by DETTY29

If any player has shared a car to training with a + result will need to self isolate too...

Our videos put up had players sharing cars when going in to training.

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

These turds wouldn't know a contingency plan if it appeared from out of their collective farters.

Contingency plans can be expensive, as we both well know, Dave......

Especially when I was the one doing the billing.....

😉

Aye, how could I forget...  🤨

SFA/SPFL Contingency Plan

End of season Super Bigotfest Week ahead.

6 matches over one week starting and finishing with rigged League & Scottish Cup Finals

4 Premiership matches in between in a League run in, outdoing any previous Helicopter Sunday.

Neil Doncaster says "It's what Scottish football is all about, having the OF and their wonderful fans see an exciting season conclusion"