Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

As brutal as this may sound, the number of those young, healthy people who suffer life-changing (or life ending) symptons is so negligible that it would be madness to base our health piolicy around their well being.

I didn't say we should. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

• Moderators

If you want to get into the wider details of Covid responses then there is a long running thread in the Shed for that. This thread should be for specific football related issues. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That is absolute nonsense - the state epidemiologist has faced much criticism from within Sweden.

Lack of resilience ? What does that even mean - this is nothing short of victim blaming and telling people "just get on with it" and to hell with the risk.  This virus doesn't  present a "danger to a select population" and it is incredible that after  7 months people are still spouting this lie. Young , healthy people , with no underlying issues have had their health and lives ruined - how can you not know this ? There is no NHS after care for these people - who have suffered organ failure, heart damage, neurological damage , repeated hospital visits and months of pain. How are you not aware of this ? 

"Frankly pathetic" - I'd love to see you say that to the face of someone who's lost a loved one. Your comments are insulting and ignorant. 

I lost my mother-in-law thanks to covid and the government's incompetence and you are well off the pace with  your comments about Sweden so get your facts right  I fully unferstand how nasty covid can be but people are dying from other very nasty conditions so the bakance needs to be struck. Hardly anybody is dying of covid now and the treatments are more successful. I base my commenrs on the research reviews by the CEBM. I guess you take your views from the media.

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is. 

It also makes you wonder about the mentality of some of these players. Do they not realise that they are bound to be under scrutiny especially at the moment?

They either couldn't care less and have no respect for others or are just down right thick.

The SPFL and SFA should be all over this it is a footballing breach just like the Celtic and Aberdeen players and should be treated as such.

But then we know that certain clubs seem to be treated more favourably than others, nothing new there.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nae luck. 
Have I missed the furore over the United player Connolly being out on the piss?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Both Rangers and Celtic will be affected as long as the local restrictions remain in place. 

Wonderful news 😆

54 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Why the **** were Rangers and Celtic being considered for test events anyway? Go **** yourselves SPFL.

I think you know the answer to that.

Anyway, it may not be a bad thing if they are picked to be the test cases. No way will the Green Brigade resist turning up if there is slightest chance they could gain access or make a scene outside.

On 31/08/2020 at 14:00, Shanks said:

I think the test kits are said to detect about 70% of the time someone has covid.  So three out of ten tests will come back a negative that should be positive.

You could flip a coin and get a 50% success rate.

ps. Your last sentence isn't right.

Edited by graygo

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Why the **** were Rangers and Celtic being considered for test events anyway? Go **** yourselves SPFL.

Because they would not dare give one of them the chance without the other one getting the same chance and as Lawwell would instruct Doncaster that Celtic would be one of them the outcome was inevitable.

I presume all the other directors and owners of our clubs meekly accepted this decision. When oh when will they waken up and realise that these two clubs and the executive board of the SPFL are ruining Scottish football. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Sid said:

Totally lost here. 

Have Celtic and Aberdeen (as opposed to the players) been punished yet?  

They're being forced to play games with limited crowds this weekend (if you believe reports).

That'll teach them 

15 hours ago, Sid said:

Totally lost here. 

Can't see any update on SPFL website after the initial notice.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-14-august-2020

As you say, the SFA have done their bit re the players but the SPFL somehow haven't done the clubs yet.

2 hours ago, AndrewB said:

Can't see any update on SPFL website after the initial notice.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-14-august-2020

As you say, the SFA have done their bit re the players but the SPFL somehow haven't done the clubs yet.

SPFL Disciplinary Proceedings - Aberdeen FC and Celtic FC

Following investigation, the SPFL has opened separate disciplinary proceedings against each of Aberdeen FC and Celtic FC for alleged breaches of the SPFL’s Covid-19 – Requirements and Testing Regulation.

There will be no further comment pending the outcome of these disciplinary proceedings.

Sweep, sweep. Pathetic.

IveSeenTheLight
18 hours ago, Sid said:

Totally lost here. 

Can't see how the club can be found guilty of a breach here.

It was the fact that the club was adhering to the requirements and testing regulation which picked up the issue in the first place and the subsequent investigation identified the players breaches.

Far different from a certain club just ignoring the process where test results had not returned and they simply opted to carry on regardless

10 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It was the fact that the club was adhering to the requirements and testing regulation which picked up the issue in the first place and the subsequent investigation identified the players breaches.

Far different from a certain club just ignoring the process where test results had not returned and they simply opted to carry on regardless

Didn't the players claim they didn't know they were breaking any rules?

Or it was rumoured that was why they weren't happy with the club.

If so, that is on the club Covid officer, i.e the club.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Or it was rumoured that why they weren't happy with the club.

We still don't know the reason Aberdeen have been cited by the SPFL. It could just be to look tough to satisfy Scottish Government.

But a clear breach of rules by more than 3 households meeting in the pubs which is one of the main Covid restrictions, suggests the club haven't briefed their players properly. 

Edited by Mikey1874

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Or it was rumoured that was why they weren't happy with the club.

There was rumours that they were not happy as the club hit them with the biggest fine they could.

The rules were in place could have left the players with no doubt.

They had to eat separately in the club canteen and were not allowed to car share in to the training ground.

There's no way that's in place and the players then were confused about going out in a group of 8

23 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm not so bothered about Aberdeen, other than making sure their players were suitably aware of regulations, there's not a whole lot that they could have done. Celtic, on the other hand, played an ineligible (Covid-wise) player. This should incur penalties - and pleading ignorance shouldn't come into it... any more than it comes into any other 'ineligible' punishments.

This idea that players are somehow separate from the club is bizarre. The claim that Celtic didn't know about Boli Bolingoli being abroad is rubbish. At least one member of staff knew about it - Boli Bolingoli. Same applies to Aberdeen. The players are part of the club and therefore the club broke the rules and should be punished. If I breach health & safety regulations my employer faces a fine. Aberdeen and Celtic broke the rules through the actions of their players and they should be punished. It's the same reason clubs get punished for the discipline of their players on the pitch.

The fact that the SPFL hasn't taken action yet shows how seriously they are taking COVID - not at all.

43 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This idea that players are somehow separate from the club is bizarre. The claim that Celtic didn't know about Boli Bolingoli being abroad is rubbish. At least one member of staff knew about it - Boli Bolingoli. Same applies to Aberdeen. The players are part of the club and therefore the club broke the rules and should be punished. If I breach health & safety regulations my employer faces a fine. Aberdeen and Celtic broke the rules through the actions of their players and they should be punished. It's the same reason clubs get punished for the discipline of their players on the pitch.

The fact that the SPFL hasn't taken action yet shows how seriously they are taking COVID - not at all.

They took it pretty serious when they stopped us training when we were fully implementing the controls and guidelines, offering to pay for everyone else’s and our players were too. 

Funny that. 

Clubs are responsible for ensuring their players adhere to the rules governing football. Currently, some of these are broader COVID rules. 

The fact it resulted in a yellow card for Scottish football confirmed this was not an individual player issue. It is so significant that it must come under club responsibility. 

Agree. Celtic fielded an ineligible player as he was not legally permitted to leave his house (unless going to the shop for some bizarre reason). Points deduction is standard fare. 

Aberdeen players - as a significant size group - breeched COVID Rules. The fact they were not happy with Aberdeen confirms they believed their club should have done more to educate them ie Aberdeen culpable. 

Cos it was loads of them, I suggest 8 times as severe. No point deducting all of those points, relegate them and reinstate Hearts to their rightful place. 

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Maybe so, but the SFA's decision was to issue a blanket ban on every non-SPL club from training without giving them or their players the chance to prove their processes are safe. The clubs were held liable in that case because it was clearly felt they could not guarantee the safety of their players, which is bullshit.

It's okay to punish a club that is innocent but not the clubs who almost caused Scottish Football to come to a halt on government orders.

Aberdeen and celtic failed to control their players so should be fined at least.

In fact, i'd shoot the lot of you.

part_time_jambo
On 01/09/2020 at 18:25, Newton51 said:

no way test events will be held if can’t even meet another household in certain areas 

Could call the stadium a pub. People are allowed to meet there.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There was rumours that they were not happy as the club hit them with the biggest fine they could.

The rules were in place could have left the players with no doubt.

They had to eat separately in the club canteen and were not allowed to car share in to the training ground.

There's no way that's in place and the players then were confused about going out in a group of 8

The "punishment" was to have a number of games postponed until a later date.

Do you think it's fair that the likes of  Hamilton, St Johnstone etc should suffer the same "punishment" when neither the clubs or any of their employees have committed any offence.

Your club should have been made to fulfill their fixture, without the guilty players.

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Aberdeen and Ross County to host test events. 300 at each. 

Home fans only ?

Or will the GB be treated as a special case

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Home fans only ?

Or will the GB be treated as a special case

They are certainly special. 

Home fans only I would think. 

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

And probably more than a few corporate hospitality, rather than walk up punters.

Wouldn’t surprise me. 

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The "punishment" was to have a number of games postponed until a later date.

Do you think it's fair that the likes of  Hamilton, St Johnstone etc should suffer the same "punishment" when neither the clubs or any of their employees have committed any offence.

Your club should have been made to fulfill their fixture, without the guilty players.

Aberdeen's 'punishment' was to be able to sign and play Ross McCrorie for the rearranged game against St Johnstone. 

The good thing about this is that it might help the other leagues start up as, without any fans, the economics for most teams probably don’t stack up. 

We should offer to play all our away matches at Tynecastle to help maximise crowds and income for the other clubs. A reasonable rental charge of course. 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The good thing about this is that it might help the other leagues start up as, without any fans, the economics for most teams probably don’t stack up. 

We should offer to play all our away matches at Tynecastle to help maximise crowds and income for the other clubs. A reasonable rental charge of course. 

If the clubs were to agree to that then the SPFL would ban away fans

22 hours ago, Sid said:

Totally lost here. 

No they get rewarded for it according to this.

Two of Saturday's Scottish Premiership matches will be played in front of fans after the Scottish government approved their applications to be test events.

Aberdeen's game with Kilmarnock and Ross County's meeting with Celtic will both have up to 300 spectators.

46 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Aberdeen and Ross County to host test events. 300 at each. 

That will be normal service for Ross County. Lucky if they have 300 fans. 

If a game has to becancelled because of players' breaching covid regulations then the club affected should forfeit the fixture imo.