• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Hagar the Horrible
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Being slow here but is the St Mirren v Hibs game off, or is it likely to be?

The SPFL are fannying about hoping the Gov will make a decision.  They only do decisions when it involves screwing us over.

Might wait until today as will the decision to cancel the test events or not.  FM questions are on soon

It seems that a Hamilton player was in close contact with another player who has tested positive (the St Mirren one?)

Lee Hodson

The club can confirm that our player Lee Hodson has had to comply with Scottish Government guidelines to self isolate for 14 days from Tuesday September 8.

This is a result of being in close contact with a player from another club who has tested positive for COVID-19 this week. We can confirm our player has tested negative on Monday, however, since there has been close contact he is required to self isolate in which Lee fully understands this. We would like to make it clear that Lee has followed the appropriate measures & medical advice.

We send our good wishes to the other player involved for a speedy recovery.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

But shouldn’t do it 

Yeah I’m getting one of these for our games, it’s buy one get one free if you want one 😜?!?!

15E3139F-FA22-4FBE-9BFC-5746D3BC545D.jpeg

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It seems that a Hamilton player was in close contact with another player who has tested positive (the St Mirren one?)

Interesting 🤔 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting 🤔 

I wonder if either player lives in one of the areas with extra restrictions on travel and house visits?

The two players may well share the same accommodation for all we know.

Edited by Footballfirst

47 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Being slow here but is the St Mirren v Hibs game off, or is it likely to be?

Unlikely to be postponed unless more cases emerge or it turns out that protocols have been broken, as was the case with Aberdeen and Celtic when their games were postponed.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I wonder if either player lives in one of the areas with extra restrictions on travel and house visits?

The two players may well share the same accommodation for all we know.

There could be a plethora of reasons, Hodson played for them after all. 

Admission of spectators delayed until at least 5 October. The two test games this weekend will go ahead as planned, but with new test events allowed on a case by case basis.

Edited by Footballfirst

Pasquale for King

Case by case basis for games with spectators over the next three weeks. Doesn’t look like many if any will be at our first games. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Unlikely to be postponed unless more cases emerge or it turns out that protocols have been broken, as was the case with Aberdeen and Celtic when their games were postponed.

The contact you have in games and the precautions for training eg travel separately aren't enough to be 'close contact'. 

Hagar the Horrible
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Admission of spectators delayed until at least 5 October. The two test games this weekend will go ahead as planned, but with new test events allowed on a case by case basis.

As is wont be reviewed until 3 weeks time, even then they wont go full bhuna, it will be other test events starting then not now.  So it looks like there wont be fans in October, whic was the reason the delay in starting the lower leagues.  I hope they are shitting it proper now.  October will only have test events.  Novermber at best for small amout of fans, November or december for a return of sorts

priceless

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

As is wont be reviewed until 3 weeks time, even then they wont go full bhuna, it will be other test events starting then not now.  So it looks like there wont be fans in October, whic was the reason the delay in starting the lower leagues.  I hope they are shitting it proper now.  October will only have test events.  Novermber at best for small amout of fans, November or december for a return of sorts

priceless

...in winter. Can't see it happening.

That's beyond comical!  Two players from separate clubs sharing a house.  Oh well, let's see what else transpires from this. 

Still waiting on the second test results for both clubs.  Most important the midden one. 

5 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:
St.Mirren player in isolation is goalkeeper Jak Alnwick. He will miss the Buddies games against Hibernian, Celtic and Dundee Utd. House mate Lee Hodson of Hamilton will also now isolate for 2 weeks.

Think he was on the bench v us. Can't recall if he got on.

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

That's beyond comical!  Two players from separate clubs sharing a house.  Oh well, let's see what else transpires from this. 

Still waiting on the second test results for both clubs.  Most important the midden one. 

To me this doesn't seem like it should be allowed. Meant to be in a bubble with your own team

11 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

priceless

Doubt there will be much movement on this before the spring. I think it's more likely that we're looking at February/March before any substantial numbers are allowed at games. Even that might be a stretch.

18 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:
St.Mirren player in isolation is goalkeeper Jak Alnwick. He will miss the Buddies games against Hibernian, Celtic and Dundee Utd. House mate Lee Hodson of Hamilton will also now isolate for 2 weeks.

I know it 's not that simple but having a bubble across 2 different clubs.....

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Well that's £4m of the £6m Scottish Cup benefits Daryl Broadfoot promised for continuing down the swanny.

Whoever knew?

Just as well such a big headed and ill informed mouthpiece isn’t on the JRG . . . . Oh wait 🙈.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Its not going to happen, look at what’s happening. Cases growing again - more restrictions in place.. why would the government allow significant crowds at events which are “nice to have”

reconcile yourself to the fact it’s not happening. 

Yip, I am resigned to no football watching. 

Doesn’t stop me wanting the test events to be successful tho and hoping we can return as opposed to wanting it to fail. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Not until a vaccine or cure treatment is found

Even if there is a vaccine it won’t be ready available all that quickly and it will cost huge amounts of money for governments to purchase. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Not until a vaccine or cure treatment is found

Or we just chuck it and say we need to get on with it and invest more in hospitals and health to cope. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or we just chuck it and say we need to get on with it and invest more in hospitals and health to cope. 

Well, I suppose that would be one way of getting rid of me. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just as well such a big headed and ill informed mouthpiece isn’t on the JRG . . . . Oh wait 🙈.

He isn't a permanent member, just happens to be invited to every meeting.

He is Scottish football's Dominic Cummings.

Win by divide and conquer, look after key pals but pretty much anything he touches turns to shit.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can you see Sturgeon doing that?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

He isn't a permanent member, just happens to be invited to every meeting.

He is Scottish football's Dominic Cummings.

Win by divide and conquer, look after key pals but pretty much anything he touches turns to shit.

Absolutely loves himself, biggest self publicist ever. One of these slow talking weegies who have to do it to speak proper English so they can be understood. Small man syndrome too. Must’ve been turned to be a ref. 
The list of those involved with the JRG is rather extensive, and they won’t be doing it for free. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Well she can’t borrow and put the country into trillions of debt, so no. 

Pasquale for King

As much as I’m glad no spectators will harm clubs it will keep impacting our finances too, even more reason to give our spare cash to the club in whatever form possible. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that Nightingale hospital in Glasgow still sitting around empty ?

Invest in health now there a new concept, we’ll worth a try I’d say 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely loves himself, biggest self publicist ever. One of these slow talking weegies who have to do it to speak proper English so they can be understood. Small man syndrome too. Must’ve been turned to be a ref. 
The list of those involved with the JRG is rather extensive, and they won’t be doing it for free. 

The media had plenty to say about there being 15 on the reconstruction working group. The JRG has a similar number, I think, and has acheived nothing positive that is obvious. Much heralded, when Dempster dumped the reconstruction group for this much more important talking shop, but absolutely no substance.

Have they worked out how to maximise online pay per view of matches for every club who might be interested, or need income to survive? What exactly are they in existence for if they are failing to adapt to the current circumstances?

Have they come to a decision about anything apart from stopping Hearts training after Aberdeen and Celtic players were caught doing what others probably have, in all likelihood, also been up to?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

The media had plenty to say about there being 15 on the reconstruction working group. The JRG has a similar number, I think, and has acheived nothing positive that is obvious. Much heralded, when Dempster dumped the reconstruction group for this much more important talking shop, but absolutely no substance.

Have they worked out how to maximise online pay per view of matches for every club who might be interested, or need income to survive? What exactly are they in existence for if they are failing to adapt to the current circumstances?

Have they come to a decision about anything apart from stopping Hearts training after Aberdeen and Celtic players were caught doing what others probably have, in all likelihood, also been up to?

Absolutely, whayever they’re alleged to be doing it doesn’t seem to have amounted to much. Even Jack Ross was slating them, wonder how that went down, not another fall out with a manager surely?

Berra than you
23 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I know it 's not that simple but having a bubble across 2 different clubs.....

Jason leitch explained the football bubble a couple of weeks ago ok sportsound. They are really on a bubble as such, just when they are at training or playing they don't have to social distance as they are being frequently tested. Still allowed to socialize with their household without distancing, and allowed to go out in small groups with distancing (as per the rest of the population). That last point is subject to the clubs own rules who might say otherwise. If they do love together don't see what all the fuss is about. Also think they may both have played for rangers at the same time which explains the flat share

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Jason leitch explained the football bubble a couple of weeks ago ok sportsound. They are really on a bubble as such, just when they are at training or playing they don't have to social distance as they are being frequently tested. Still allowed to socialize with their household without distancing, and allowed to go out in small groups with distancing (as per the rest of the population). That last point is subject to the clubs own rules who might say otherwise. If they do love together don't see what all the fuss is about. Also think they may both have played for rangers at the same time which explains the flat share

😲

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

😲

🤣🤣. I should rephrase that post anyway - I do see what the fuss is about on terms of them having to isolate ie. Where have they been/what were they doing to get it. But don't see the issue with them living together 

19 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Comedians Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse say PC keyboard warriors are a  threat to comedy

3 hours ago, May one-six said:

Doubt there will be much movement on this before the spring. I think it's more likely that we're looking at February/March before any substantial numbers are allowed at games. Even that might be a stretch.

Given Exeter University are going to be able to give tests with results in many cases less than 24 hours why can this not be applied to football fans even if they have to pay for them.

There is no certainty in life but if negative then fans should be allowed to attend as long as fans are aware of the possibilities that nothing is 100%

Exeter University has announced it is investing in commercial same-day tests for its students.

Cambridge University also says it's going to offer weekly tests for students living in its accommodation.

Sean Fielding, who has been co-ordinating Exeter University's testing plans, explained that students could contact a rapid-response hub phone line to get a test.

Tests would be delivered on to campus and then collected by "trained providers" and sent to a lab.

The university, he said, was aiming for a maximum turnaround of 24 hours between getting a test and a result, though results had been provided in as little as 11 hours, he said.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Investing in health, yes within the very limited powers scotland has. 

Chucking it, no. However, looking at the usa it may not be a great option either, but also I don't think countries can continue the "hokey cokey" policies for the medium or long term. 

There is no ideal answer Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Well, I suppose that would be one way of getting rid of me. 

When I say "chuck it" I mean-

Restrictions on things like pubs, club, and big crowds but stating they are not happening as previous until a vaccination is found and then set up a crisis fund and group to deal with it. 

Applying masks, hand-washing were practical. 

But also not going backwards and forwards and almost pushing for the old normal to return as we feel we need to. 

Basically make a decision until the science on covid allows us to change things, not because we want to party or fund the economy. 

And Ofc, funding the health service enough and properly. 

It's a shed topic and one ironically to be discussed over a few pints, face to face as it's a complicated and diverse with no 100% correct or wrong answer.