Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So what's been the role of the Joint Response Group and their working groups?

Surely they had everything in place. All eventualities. 

Indeed, absolute shambles. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

To do what the govt wanted them to do but the govt told them to go away and decide for themselves and the SPFLs JRG didn't like the idea of owning their  problems and so JRG adopted a purely reactive position and the SPFL only reluctantly & belatedly decided to draw up punishments for infringements as the threat of football being binned by the govt (because footballers couldn't get their shit together) likely meant the SPFL was going to be in breach of the fabled "Sky TV deal".  The end. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, absolute shambles. 

The word 'incompetence' has been used so often by all of us on here, it's lost all meaning.

It makes you wonder just how long the SFA/SPFL/JRG can go on!? They just stumble from one shambolic catastrophe to the next. Someone further up the thread said 'They do not want anything set in stone in case Celtic are not top when the wheels come off the wagon'... and I would suspect it's not too far from the truth.

As you say, absolute shambles of an organisation. If anything 'good' (I use this ironically) has come from this pandemic, it's the huge spotlight that's been cast on Scottish Football and it's governance. We must be about as close to football armageddon in Scotland, as we've ever been. For me, I would love to see Scottish football implode.. it almost HAS to happen for anything to change, for the good of the sport.

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

To do what the govt wanted them to do but the govt told them to go away and decide for themselves and the SPFLs JRG didn't like the idea of owning their  problems and so JRG adopted a purely reactive position and the SPFL only reluctantly & belatedly decided to draw up punishments for infringements as the threat of football being binned by the govt (because footballers couldn't get their shit together) likely meant the SPFL was going to be in breach of the fabled "Sky TV deal".  The end. 

Pretty much.

Despite everything that has happened since March, the SFA/SPFL seem incapable of anticipating the kind of issues that are staring them in the face.

Hibs can **** off though. They are well represented on every JRG committee so well-placed to raise objections to the right people.

SectionDJambo
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The only eventuality the JRG was brought along for was to wreck any focus on reconstruction. Much heralded when Dempster jumped off the reconstruction ship to set up the JRG and it was chaired by Petrie.

They have achieved nothing except confusion and farce. They will be completely exposed as nitwits as the weeks go by and the same shambles is still prevalent.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The word 'incompetence' has been used so often by all of us on here, it's lost all meaning.

It makes you wonder just how long the SFA/SPFL/JRG can go on!? They just stumble from one shambolic catastrophe to the next. Someone further up the thread said 'They do not want anything set in stone in case Celtic are not top when the wheels come off the wagon'... and I would suspect it's not too far from the truth.

As you say, absolute shambles of an organisation. If anything 'good' (I use this ironically) has come from this pandemic, it's the huge spotlight that's been cast on Scottish Football and it's governance. We must be about as close to football armageddon in Scotland, as we've ever been. For me, I would love to see Scottish football implode.. it almost HAS to happen for anything to change, for the good of the sport.

Absolutely. I answered a tweet yesterday about Celtic wanting £40m for the square heid diver, and that he was a good player but not worth £20m, added in that Morelos is still at Rangers because he’s not worth £20m either. A Rangers fan replied saying both were worth more and quite a few fans of the uglies liked that tweet. I said that teams up here don’t get the money they’re due, and that Hibs and Hearts have fended off Celtic’s interest in players recently, that until the uglies pay what players are worth and that Scottish football isn’t run for their benefit that won’t change. Silence. 
Like you I’m waiting for the game to further implode as it’s the only way change might occur in the short term anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pretty much.

Despite everything that has happened since March, the SFA/SPFL seem incapable of anticipating the kind of issues that are staring them in the face.

Hibs can **** off though. They are well represented on every JRG committee so well-placed to raise objections to the right people.

Every club board/committee should have had Covid at the top of their business risk/threats list and been working through potential scenarios to be passed back to the JRG for guidance. If Hibs didn't do that then the resulting fallout is down to their negligence. It just emphasises that the clubs & the SPFL (via the JRG) have been fundamentally reactive . All they wanted to do was what was asked of it by Holyrood in order to get football up & running. They've tried to portray it as a public health issue for which they have no responsibility and no control. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. I answered a tweet yesterday about Celtic wanting £40m for the square heid diver, and that he was a good player but not worth £20m, added in that Morelos is still at Rangers because he’s not worth £20m either. A Rangers fan replied saying both were worth more and quite a few fans of the uglies liked that tweet. I said that teams up here don’t get the money they’re due, and that Hibs and Hearts have fended off Celtic’s interest in players recently, that until the uglies pay what players are worth and that Scottish football isn’t run for their benefit that won’t change. Silence. 
Like you I’m waiting for the game to further implode as it’s the only way change might occur in the short term anyway. 

More than £20 mill 🤣🤣🤣... 1 year ago he was worth £6.75 mil (according to Transfermarkt).. and since then we've had COVID cancelling out 6 months. So, in the 6 months since August last year, where he missed a lot of games due to his general arse-holery behavior/scandals and red cards... he's appreciated more than £15 mill!? 🤣🤣🤣 Fuds!

morelos.jpg

The Treasurer

We keep hearing about their precious TV deal and how nothing can be allowed to threaten it.

Meanwhile the EFL have worked out a deal with Sky to allow fans to access all matches from one central source.

What have the JRG and Dungcatcher done to create a similar deal for Scottish fans.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

More than £20 mill 🤣🤣🤣... 1 year ago he was worth £6.75 mil (according to Transfermarkt).. and since then we've had COVID cancelling out 6 months. So, in the 6 months since August last year, where he missed a lot of games due to his general arse-holery behavior/scandals and red cards... he's appreciated more than £15 mill!? 🤣🤣🤣 Fuds!

morelos.jpg

They live in cloud cuckoo land, aided and abetted by the weegie press.

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We keep hearing about their precious TV deal and how nothing can be allowed to threaten it.

Meanwhile the EFL have worked out a deal with Sky to allow fans to access all matches from one central source.

What have the JRG and Dungcatcher done to create a similar deal for Scottish fans.

And why is nobody else in Scottish football outside of us asking this question?

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

... the things is, they genuinely believe (along with most of football supporting Scotland), that without them Scottish football won't/couldn't survive. And the longer this narrative/belief is peddled - the more it will be believed.

We DON'T need the OF to survive... sure there's no denying the £'s they pull in... but I'm a firm believer we DO NOT NEED them. Heck, even if it was a level playing field when the season starts, it would only be as much to their benefit as everyone elses! They would (slowly) begin to improve with better competition.

Now, however, the gap is so vast, their own players values are now being affected by the downward spiral their own greed has created. They think they're as big as teams in the EPL FFS! A quick look at pre-qualifying rounds for the CL tells you all you need to know about how far Scottish football has fallen in terms of quality and standing in the sport.

The sooner Scottish football ISN'T about 'them' the better.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

And why is nobody else in Scottish football outside of us asking this question?

Scared to rock the boat.

The deal the EFL have benefits everyone.

Sky , the league and the clubs all get income from subscriptions  and,  most importantly, the fans get to see all the games they want to.

Yet another example of the likes of dungcatcher failing to sell our game and maximize revenue

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They live in cloud cuckoo land, aided and abetted by the weegie press.

You're right. And it can't be overstated enough the part that the press/media play in Scottish football.... a HUGE part of the problem.

SectionDJambo
23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Scared to rock the boat.

The deal the EFL have benefits everyone.

Sky , the league and the clubs all get income from subscriptions  and,  most importantly, the fans get to see all the games they want to.

Yet another example of the likes of dungcatcher failing to sell our game and maximize revenue

It’s way beyond a joke that Doncaster gets paid £400k for doing absolutely nothing to generate the available income streams for all the SPFL clubs. No league sponsor, past income having to be refunded and no income streams outwith his pathetic Sky deal. 
There is no reason he couldn’t have negotiated the same arrangement with Sky as the EFL have, except he’s not interested in boosting income for any club except for his puppet master’s.

And yet they are all silent. Clubs and press.

Horatio Caine

We've heard quite a bit about `false positives` when it comes to testing.  Is it possible to have a false negative?  If so, presumably the only way of finding out would be when the virus started to spread through a squad.

7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

We've heard quite a bit about `false positives` when it comes to testing.  Is it possible to have a false negative?  If so, presumably the only way of finding out would be when the virus started to spread through a squad.

Yes

I think the test kits are said to detect about 70% of the time someone has covid.  So three out of ten tests will come back a negative that should be positive.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You're right. And it can't be overstated enough the part that the press/media play in Scottish football.... a HUGE part of the problem.

The press/media in Scottish football do not report the football news any more, they make it up.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Spot on, it’s costing the clubs money and as we’ve seen that’s all they care about. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

... the things is, they genuinely believe (along with most of football supporting Scotland), that without them Scottish football won't/couldn't survive. And the longer this narrative/belief is peddled - the more it will be believed.

We DON'T need the OF to survive... sure there's no denying the £'s they pull in... but I'm a firm believer we DO NOT NEED them. Heck, even if it was a level playing field when the season starts, it would only be as much to their benefit as everyone elses! They would (slowly) begin to improve with better competition.

Now, however, the gap is so vast, their own players values are now being affected by the downward spiral their own greed has created. They think they're as big as teams in the EPL FFS! A quick look at pre-qualifying rounds for the CL tells you all you need to know about how far Scottish football has fallen in terms of quality and standing in the sport.

The sooner Scottish football ISN'T about 'them' the better.

Definitely. If us, Aberdeen and Hibs were challenging for the league all three grounds would be full.
It’s why there was such a furore about colt teams, because those that pretend to support other teams but adore the uglies see it as the first step to them going and leaving these teams to play here.

Plentt of other leagues have better TV deals without huge clubs, Ferencvaros are around the same size as us with Újpest and Honvéd also in Budapest that has a bigger population than Edinburgh and Glasgow put together. 
The league coped without Rangers, and Hearts and Hibs and it would do so again if the uglies left.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I can’t wait to welcome them back to Tynecastle when we get the opportunity. There’s the potential for a whole new songbook between them, the administrators of the game and the owners of other clubs. 

EXCLUSIVE: Dundee United player accused of Covid-19 breach in taxi bust-up

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/1547404/dundee-united-defender-accused-of-covid-19-breach-in-taxi-bust-up/

A complaint has been made to Dundee United after one of the club’s star players reportedly breached coronavirus rules in a taxi bust-up.

Mark Connolly, 28, was said to have acted aggressively and refused to wear a face covering in a taxi following a night out in Dundee city centre.

The Irish centre back and another man connected to the club were picked up in the early hours of Monday after visiting Balcony Bar in the city’s Ward Road.

It is understood the pair hailed the taxi on the street before the altercation happened.

The taxi driver has now lodged an official complaint with the Tannadice club, which is being investigated.

The United pair are understood to have spent several hours inside the popular bar, known for its rowdy karaoke nights pre-coronavirus.

They were among the last to leave the pub, which was reportedly busy before shutting at 2.30am. 

The taxi driver’s complaint, seen by The Courier, said both men were visibly drunk and Connolly “appeared unwell”.

“At approximately 2.40 am Monday I picked up Mark Connolly and another man from the Balcony Bar in Ward Road,” the complaint read.

“Both were the worse for wear with drink.

“Connolly was particularly bad and appeared unwell. He was shivering, snorting, coughing and sniffling constantly.

“I asked him to put a face mask on but this only drew abuse and threatening behaviour from him.

“This escalated as the journey progressed and was only calmed by the other passenger removing him from the car.

“After dropping them off my car required to be sanitised and valeted before going back into service.

“As a consequence not only has my health been put in jeopardy but I have suffered financial loss.”

The bar’s management say the men were “perfect gentlemen” and staff had no issues with them before the alleged confrontation outside.

A staff member said: “They certainly never gave us any issues and they followed all the rules and social distancing.

“They waited for their table to be prepared and cleaned for them and they never complained once about any of the rules.

“I couldn’t say a bad word about them when they were on our premises. It’s not the first time they’ve come in here.”

Face coverings became mandatory on Scotland’s public transport in June to help stem the spread of Covid-19.

It includes trips on buses, trains, trams, taxis and planes and ferries.

Only children under five and people with certain medical conditions are exempt from the rule.

ToadKiller Dog

The Balcony bar is as rough as you can get ,has a late license so all the really pissed jakey  folk end up in there at some point   ,  ,but the nick of some folk that come out of there .

I would be suprised if social distancing is observed. 

Certainly not where Mellons would want his players to be even without a pandemic on the go .

Guest ToqueJambo

On 31/08/2020 at 05:17, SectionDJambo said:

It’s way beyond a joke that Doncaster gets paid £400k for doing absolutely nothing to generate the available income streams for all the SPFL clubs. No league sponsor, past income having to be refunded and no income streams outwith his pathetic Sky deal. 
There is no reason he couldn’t have negotiated the same arrangement with Sky as the EFL have, except he’s not interested in boosting income for any club except for his puppet master’s.

And yet they are all silent. Clubs and press.

Doncaster is paid to do what he's told by "the clubs", which usually means both the OF but really means just Celtic at the moment as Rangers fell out with Doncaster. Rangers "support" for us was all about them removing Doncaster to get someone more likely to listen to them in.

Actually doesn’t sound that bad. Sounds like the ***** lost/forgot his mask, and couldn’t handle the situation when being told to cover his face. I imagine the taxi driver supports another team, recognised him, and wasn’t in the mood to negotiate. 

The fact it’s those utter wankers just makes it amusing though.

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doncaster is paid to do what he's told by "the clubs", which usually means both the OF but really means just Celtic at the moment as Rangers fell out with Doncaster. Rangers "support" for us was all about them removing Doncaster to get someone more likely to listen to them in.

Very much so. Lawwell's public support for Doncaster is all you need to know : Celtic think the SFA are an irrelevance and having ND with a foot in the SFA camp ensures Celtic's influence is maintained in a way it never previously has been. Which is why Rangers are desperate to unseat Doncaster. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Put up a wall around Glasgow. Keep the infected hordes in.*

:jjyay:

*(Sorry weegie inhabiting Hearts fans.) 

can we include hamilton?

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Actually doesn’t sound that bad. Sounds like the ***** lost/forgot his mask, and couldn’t handle the situation when being told to cover his face. I imagine the taxi driver supports another team, recognised him, and wasn’t in the mood to negotiate. 

The fact it’s those utter wankers just makes it amusing though.

Nice example to set from a professional

Arrogance as well as abusing his body.

9 minutes ago, DavyMcL said:

Glasgow into lock-down. Looks like the old firm hope for a crowd just got further away 😂😂😂

no way test events will be held if can’t even meet another household in certain areas 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nice example to set from a professional

Arrogance as well as abusing his body.

The ones who don’t are in the minority I’m afraid. Generally more successful though.

1 hour ago, DavyMcL said:

Glasgow into lock-down. Looks like the old firm hope for a crowd just got further away 😂😂😂

No chance they are getting crowds back. Not a hope in hell.

wonder what our punishment will be. Fine or told to pause training or maybe further expulsion down another league

Bazzas right boot

Reduced testing for lower league players, winter, flu, Xmas.. The whole thing is going to fall apart. 

Cases will continue to rise indefinitely as/ if Lockdown eases, that is common sense. 

Every government needs a plan, football needs a plan. 

What is the plan for players testing positive and teams unable to complete a fixture in the championship and below?

We're coming to a crossroads soon imo- of  having to go into some sort of Lockdown until a vaccine is found or just getting on with it with practical measures in place. 

The hokey cokey approach isn't practical, for starters unless told folk generally ignore advice. 

Who can keep kids of school if they have a runny nose? 

Who will be off work for 10 days or whatever because they feel a bit ill. 

Imagine getting a call from a pub and being told someone had covid there when you where in, you can't then take a week off work? 

Things need tk be practical and Tbh many folk only do things when forced to. 

The pub, hospitality and travel industries are going to be destroyed, if they miss the festive trade many won't survive. 

There will just be ****ing Weatherspoons everywhere! 

Sports events, clubs, associations along with the entertainment industry will also collapse if things don't return. 

The NHS back log, flu season. 

Brexit will hit as well. 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Zico said:

Tremendous!

It's really not, will mean we can't go to a game and Likley means the economy is ****ed with maybe millions unemployed as the entertainment, hospitality, travel and catering industries collapse. 

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's really not, will mean we can't go to a game and Likley means the economy is ****ed with maybe millions unemployed as the entertainment, hospitality, travel and catering industries collapse. 

Reveal hidden contents

The economy’s ****ed no matter what happens - this localised incident will have no impact on that. However as the posted I quoted said, it will have an impact on people going to football matches in Scotland though. I’m not bothered about getting to games this season, I want the clubs who voted to expel us starved of income. We’ll be fine. 

Edited by Zico

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Reduced testing for lower league players, winter, flu, Xmas.. The whole thing is going to fall apart. 

Cases will continue to rise indefinitely as/ if Lockdown eases, that is common sense. 

Every government needs a plan, football needs a plan. 

What is the plan for players testing positive and teams unable to complete a fixture in the championship and below?

We're coming to a crossroads soon imo- of  having to go into some sort of Lockdown until a vaccine is found or just getting on with it with practical measures in place. 

The hokey cokey approach isn't practical, for starters unless told folk generally ignore advice. 

Who can keep kids of school if they have a runny nose? 

Who will be off work for 10 days or whatever because they feel a bit ill. 

Imagine getting a call from a pub and being told someone had covid there when you where in, you can't then take a week off work? 

Things need tk be practical and Tbh many folk only do things when forced to. 

The pub, hospitality and travel industries are going to be destroyed, if they miss the festive trade many won't survive. 

There will just be ****ing Weatherspoons everywhere! 

Sports events, clubs, associations along with the entertainment industry will also collapse if things don't return. 

The NHS back log, flu season. 

Brexit will hit as well. 

It is increasingly clear, as was noted as long ago as May by CEBM, that only Sweden got this right. Their policy is consistent, easily understood and not subject to ridiculous fluctuations in advice on the panicky whim of a governement that doesn't understand what it is doing and desperate to convince us all that increasing illiberalism is acceptable with no end in sight. At some point (ie now) you are right - we will just have to get on with it. Our lack of resilience in the face of a virus that in largely a danger to a select population (and ever decreasingly so at that) has been frankly pathetic.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Zico said:

The economy’s ****ed no matter what happens - this localised incident will have no impact on that. However as the posted I quoted said, it will have an impact on people going to football matches in Scotland though. I’m not bothered about getting to games this season, I want the clubs who voted to expel us starved of income. We’ll be fine. 

Short sighted and selfish imo. 

15 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

It is increasingly clear, as was noted as long ago as May by CEBM, that only Sweden got this right. Their policy is consistent, easily understood and not subject to ridiculous fluctuations in advice on the panicky whim of a governement that doesn't understand what it is doing and desperate to convince us all that increasing illiberalism is acceptable with no end in sight. At some point (ie now) you are right - we will just have to get on with it. Our lack of resilience in the face of a virus that in largely a danger to a select population (and ever decreasingly so at that) has been frankly pathetic.

That is absolute nonsense - the state epidemiologist has faced much criticism from within Sweden.

Lack of resilience ? What does that even mean - this is nothing short of victim blaming and telling people "just get on with it" and to hell with the risk.  This virus doesn't  present a "danger to a select population" and it is incredible that after  7 months people are still spouting this lie. Young , healthy people , with no underlying issues have had their health and lives ruined - how can you not know this ? There is no NHS after care for these people - who have suffered organ failure, heart damage, neurological damage , repeated hospital visits and months of pain. How are you not aware of this ? 

"Frankly pathetic" - I'd love to see you say that to the face of someone who's lost a loved one. Your comments are insulting and ignorant. 

44 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That is absolute nonsense - the state epidemiologist has faced much criticism from within Sweden.

Lack of resilience ? What does that even mean - this is nothing short of victim blaming and telling people "just get on with it" and to hell with the risk.  This virus doesn't  present a "danger to a select population" and it is incredible that after  7 months people are still spouting this lie. Young , healthy people , with no underlying issues have had their health and lives ruined - how can you not know this ? There is no NHS after care for these people - who have suffered organ failure, heart damage, neurological damage , repeated hospital visits and months of pain. How are you not aware of this ? 

"Frankly pathetic" - I'd love to see you say that to the face of someone who's lost a loved one. Your comments are insulting and ignorant. 

As brutal as this may sound, the number of those young, healthy people who suffer life-changing (or life ending) symptons is so negligible that it would be madness to base our health piolicy around their well being.