Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The good thing about this is that it might help the other leagues start up as, without any fans, the economics for most teams probably don’t stack up. 

We should offer to play all our away matches at Tynecastle to help maximise crowds and income for the other clubs. A reasonable rental charge of course. 

I notice that RL Super League games are only allowed to be played at a handful of COVID-19 approved grounds without spectators.  

Could it transpire that Tynecastle is approved but Starks Park isn't?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Home fans only , aye right  ?

Can’t see there being a game involving the sporting division of the ira and NO celtic fans attending . 

If and it’s likely there are away fans , what will the punishment be ? 

Then there’s the guiltiest club of all getting rewarded with a crowd , why them , why can’t it be any of the teams not involved in breaking the law ? 

Is Liewell still on the board of the spfl 

FTh spfl 

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I notice that RL Super League games are only allowed to be played at a handful of COVID-19 approved grounds without spectators.  

Could it transpire that Tynecastle is approved but Starks Park isn't?

With Tynecastle having two player tunnels and four changing rooms, it's probably better equipped than any other ground. 

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

That will be normal service for Ross County. Lucky if they have 300 fans. 

Horror Movie Lips will probably sell the tickets to 300 Celtic supporters.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Great reward for Aberdeen. Well deserved.  👏

There really isn't enough face palms in the world for this JRG/SFA band of bellends. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Horror Movie Lips will probably sell the tickets to 300 Celtic supporters.

From the BBC story

"Both home clubs must ensure supporters are from their local areas".

Probably thousands of Celtic supporters who meet that requirement.

14 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

From the BBC story

I assume they mean season ticket holders from Dingwall. That makes sense but I can still see some Celtic-minded locals hijacking this. 

19 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

From the BBC story

Exactly.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The "punishment" was to have a number of games postponed until a later date.

Do you think it's fair that the likes of  Hamilton, St Johnstone etc should suffer the same "punishment" when neither the clubs or any of their employees have committed any offence.

Your club should have been made to fulfill their fixture, without the guilty players.

The SG probably didn't help with their encouragement to postpone the games but similar to Uefa 'find 13 players' who you can guarantee have met all protocols and not 'contamibated' by the players in question or forfeit the game.

41 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

There are just no words for this, cannot wait for the Green Brigade to **** it all up for everyone else.

In a perverse way, I hope they do

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The good thing about this is that it might help the other leagues start up as, without any fans, the economics for most teams probably don’t stack up. 

We should offer to play all our away matches at Tynecastle to help maximise crowds and income for the other clubs. A reasonable rental charge of course. 

Even if they let us do it it would be problematic if there are local lockdowns in place. The authorities aren't going to want any Septic fans descending on Dingwall (good luck with that), likewise St Mirren aren't likely to get the green light for any fans at their ground any time soon. The more lockdowns there are, the harder it is to see many games being played in front of fans - certainly not any with away fans. I'm still dubious anyone will get the go-ahead for the return of fans in significant numbers.

Pasquale for King

Farcical that the two clubs whose employees broke the rules are the two involved in test events, not surprising though in the circus that is Scottish Football. 

The Old Tolbooth
46 minutes ago, hunts said:

On a more positive note, if Things progress well could we be looking at maybe 5-6,000 fans in Tynecastle for first game of season v Scumdee?

Not a chance, it'll be for top flight clubs only and we'll need to suck it up. 

With the the SG slapping increased restrictions  in the Weege area, Liewell''s plea for Sellick to be used as a test site for fans being present looks even more absurd.   Lovely to watch - the longer the restrictions continue, the better !!   ☺️

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

With the the SG slapping increased restrictions  in the Weege area, Liewell''s plea for Sellick to be used as a test site for fans being present looks even more absurd.   Lovely to watch - the longer the restrictions continue, the better !!   ☺️

There is a benefit to the weegies lack of personal hygiene!

13 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is it true the mhanks are getting 500 tickets and had already booked buses to take them up there before any decision was made?

No, unless mhanks is a new term for Ross County fans.😄

Can’t do links, I’m sure someone can, but there is guidance from Aberdeen re attending this weekends match, sounds awful, no chance of anyone being allowed to leave early must stay in your seats  up to 5 minutes after the end of the game, no attempt to leave your seats until gangway is clear, do not face to face anyone in your row, sounds fantastic, hopefully by October the rules will be relaxed, because I have no intention of attending a stadium with those restrictions 

10 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Parkhead and Ibrox were never going to be a problem, the Cheeks have the funds to implement any COVID-19 restrictions required to meet SG protocol.  The issue will be with smaller clubs with cramped facilities.  Testing at Parkhead will bear no resemlance to tèsting at Ross Co.  

My concern is not the controlling of spectators inside the ground but how they are managed on the outside both before and after a game, especially if alcohol is added to the mix.

16 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Hopefully this is a spectacular failure. 

I'm with you......just can't see how any genuine fan can remain seating and avoid singing or shouting.     Fans WILL get carried away inside and outside the ground.    I really hope this 2nd spike isn't an issue for health reasons but it does seem unlikely we'll see any real numbers inside stadia for quite some time 

Beyond a ******* joke that the 2 clubs with players who breached guidelines are first to be allowed fans again. It’s genuinely like trolling 

I'm not bothered who tests, I actually want it to be successful. The reason is if it successful we will be in Tynecastle sooner rather than later. Stop wanting it to fail cause it means we won't be back for even longer.

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I'm with you......just can't see how any genuine fan can remain seating and avoid singing or shouting.     Fans WILL get carried away inside and outside the ground.    I really hope this 2nd spike isn't an issue for health reasons but it does seem unlikely we'll see any real numbers inside stadia for quite some time 

Advised to arrive early, temperature will be checked, I understand why it’s all being done, but that’s not what a football match is about for me.

Hagar the Horrible
20 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I'm not bothered who tests, I actually want it to be successful. The reason is if it successful we will be in Tynecastle sooner rather than later. Stop wanting it to fail cause it means we won't be back for even longer.

My view is that I want it all to burn.

However taking what you are saying,  the longer its delayed the more chance we can all get back to the game.  Even if it is successful it will cause a third spike just as soon as the measures are relaxed, and that will cause an abrupt end to the season.  Being patient is the only way we will get back. The government is in no hurry, The spfl are more interested in our money than our health.

The greater Glasgow area cant stop the spread of nits, what chance do they have with covid?

Brighton Jambo
28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The game as we know it is stone dead....

71000417-AE80-4682-BD45-F9B8CF9BC06C.jpeg

‪At the Brighton game test event you didn’t need to wear the mask during the game as you were sat outdoors and socially distanced.  Typical Scottish authorities, they just can’t resist making the point of going that bit further.  It’s tiresome and unneeded.  ‬

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

‪At the Brighton game test event you didn’t need to wear the mask during the game as you were sat outdoors and socially distanced.  Typical Scottish authorities, they just can’t resist making the point of going that bit further.  It’s tiresome and unneeded.  ‬

Imagine wanting to reduce the risk of passing on a deadly disease.  Very tiresome and unneeded.

With the ignorance of many of their away support, how many Mhanks will travel to Dingwall sans billet?  It will not end well.

Brighton Jambo
32 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Imagine wanting to reduce the risk of passing on a deadly disease.  Very tiresome and unneeded.

So you agree that wearing face masks while sitting outside AND socially distancing is required now? 

In literally no other circumstance is that required but that what they will introduce at the football.  And you defend the Scottish Football authorities for that?  Jog on.  

What are they going to learn with only 300 at the games?

Been at some non league games down here and had 300 at each as a max. works fine in small all standing grounds but not sure 300 is enough to test anything in all seater stadia 

2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Been at some non league games down here and had 300 at each as a max. works fine in small all standing grounds but not sure 300 is enough to test anything in all seater stadia 

As long as you stick the 300 in an area envisaged to hold that in the future then I suppose it has some value. Not if you spread them around the stadium though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I suppose it's about the staff getting familiar with the process and checking that the system works in reality.

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So you agree that wearing face masks while sitting outside AND socially distancing is required now? 

In literally no other circumstance is that required but that what they will introduce at the football.  And you defend the Scottish Football authorities for that?  Jog on.  

Possibly for any times you squeeze past someone already sitting, or they squeeze past you? The same rule applied at the Rugby test match two weeks ago. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As long as you stick the 300 in an area envisaged to hold that in the future then I suppose it has some value. Not if you spread them around the stadium though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

yeah that actually makes sense.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I suppose it's about the staff getting familiar with the process and checking that the system works in reality.

aye suppose so, just seems quite a small number.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Possibly for any times you squeeze past someone already sitting, or they squeeze past you? The same rule applied at the Rugby test match two weeks ago. 

Maybe but seems overkill given how rarely that eventuality is likely to happen and yet you now have to watch the whole game from behind a mask.  

Doesn’t appeal to me personally. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Maybe but seems overkill given how rarely that eventuality is likely to happen and yet you now have to watch the whole game from behind a mask.  

Doesn’t appeal to me personally. 

Avoids folk forgetting to do it. Such is life in a pandemic.

I agree the rules do sanitise   the football experience though...in many different ways. 

Can sit down in a boozer and get smashed without a mask on, shout laugh etc. But got to wear one outside? The decision making gets more laughable by the minute 

20 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

That will be normal service for Ross County. Lucky if they have 300 fans. 

19 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Home fans only , aye right  ?

Can’t see there being a game involving the sporting division of the ira and NO celtic fans attending . 

If and it’s likely there are away fans , what will the punishment be ? 

Then there’s the guiltiest club of all getting rewarded with a crowd , why them , why can’t it be any of the teams not involved in breaking the law ? 

Is Liewell still on the board of the spfl 

FTh spfl 

18 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assume they mean season ticket holders from Dingwall. That makes sense but I can still see some Celtic-minded locals hijacking this. 

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

With the ignorance of many of their away support, how many Mhanks will travel to Dingwall sans billet?  It will not end well.

I'm sure we can trust the same fanbase who counterfeit tickets routinely and get warnings to wash before going to a match, to respect these additional rules. 

52 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Can sit down in a boozer and get smashed without a mask on, shout laugh etc. But got to wear one outside? The decision making gets more laughable by the minute 

I don’t think you are allowed to shout in pubs at the moment, officially. 😄

9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I'm sure we can trust the same fanbase who counterfeit tickets routinely and get warnings to wash before going to a match, to respect these additional rules. 

You’re of course correct ,they are absolute angels who are always the victims and are just misunderstood .

Also as liewell says, although he doesn’t hear any bigotry from the clubs supporters if there is any it’s only one or two that do it . 
greatest fans in the world , in their own tiny minds 

Nicola saying no chance will loads of fans back at the grounds.

The test events are only still going ahead as they were planned before the increase of cases.