Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

20 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Robbie has signed 3 wide players, like CL before him he brings in his players and that block pathway for younger boys. Neilson know boys like Mcdonald and Cochrane, hewas there when they were kids,  plus he has been in Scotland for last couple of years. Filling the team with journeymen like Frear, Roberts....instead of pushing the boys through.

In pre season games has he given the young boys a crack....not seen Cochrane get a start yet....not counting the game on Friday.

Nobody is blocking his path.  One signing is on loan, another can play through the middle and the third can play LB or LWB.  If AM shows up well enough in training etc what would RN gain by not playing him?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

24 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

He maybe doesn’t think they are good enough. Can’t play them just because they are young, they’ve got to be good enough to get in the team on merit. 

So why block him leaving then!!!

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nobody is blocking his path.  One signing is on loan, another can play through the middle and the third can play LB or LWB.  If AM shows up well enough in training etc what would RN gain by not playing him?

Really, he brings players up from England to the Championship and you think he hasnt told them they might not play!!!

34 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

He maybe doesn’t think they are good enough. Can’t play them just because they are young, they’ve got to be good enough to get in the team on merit. 

100%, so if they arent good enough for him, let them go somewhere they can play. 

Ainsley Harriott
41 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Robbie has signed 3 wide players, like CL before him he brings in his players and that block pathway for younger boys. Neilson know boys like Mcdonald and Cochrane, hewas there when they were kids,  plus he has been in Scotland for last couple of years. Filling the team with journeymen like Frear, Roberts....instead of pushing the boys through.

In pre season games has he given the young boys a crack....not seen Cochrane get a start yet....not counting the game on Friday.

McDonald and Cochrane played in the championship last season and neither did particularly well. I'm sure if they were good enough they would play but truth is they probably aren't there yet.

18 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

How can anyone still be annoyed about the loan FFS. The annoyance was that we were "helping" a club that screwed us over. We clearly didn't help them in any way. In fact we've shown them up by acting in a totally professional way, unlike them. We also loaned Killie Doyle and I don't remember any seethe over that.

You really are too obvious. 

Every thread....... 

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

McDonald and Cochrane played in the championship last season and neither did particularly well. I'm sure if they were good enough they would play but truth is they probably aren't there yet.

Mcdonald didn't, he had a back injury and Cochrane did ok. When these boys came through the club had a chance to really develop them and didnt, instead 37 players brought in, most of them dross. They were the best 2 youngsters in the country and didnt look out of place playing 1st team football. 

Look at Turnbull, Campbell at Motherwell,  boys at Hamilton...making their clubs lots of money meanwhile we just keep on buying players not goid enough to play in England. I mean Motherwell fans taking the piss when Frear was signed....

I have no issue with them being told they arent good enough but signing players when you haven't given the boys a try says to me they are seen as backups....be better letting them go and getting something for them?

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Isn't Anthony McDonald more of an Attacking Mid or Inside Right? I don't think he's a left winger at all, although he is left footed. 

That's what I thought but could be wrong

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

No actual rumours yet then? 🤔 

Unlikely to be anything until the hickey deal is official that starts the domino effect, was told it was expected to be done by last Wednesday no idea what’s taking so long 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Isn't Anthony McDonald more of an Attacking Mid or Inside Right? I don't think he's a left winger at all, although he is left footed. 

Yup, your modern day 'winger' or inside forward playing in off the opposite flank.

29 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Really, he brings players up from England to the Championship and you think he hasnt told them they might not play!!!

If you read what I wrote you will see 2 of these 3 players can play in other positions.  He will be building a squad and, more than likely, it will be horses for courses.

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

👍👍

Cyprus a beautiful country to live in, standard of football is not the greatest however. Good to see we have rejected their first approach. Unless they come back with a bid that can't be refused I would think Robbie has plans for Mcdonald. 

Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

Cyprus a beautiful country to live in, standard of football is not the greatest however. Good to see we have rejected their first approach. Unless they come back with a bid that can't be refused I would think Robbie has plans for Mcdonald. 

They seem to do better in European club competitions than Scottish teams. 

17 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just here, and a very odd clamber for it to happen too if you ask me.

Franz Clamber.....he's back again on the board :)

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They seem to do better in European club competitions than Scottish teams. 

They are actually below Scotland in the coefficient overall. Only one spot mind.

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Give me Halliday over Naismith...atleast he'd be playing regularly. 

Naismith is part of the last remnants of the previous regime and I've no doubt by the time he leaves he'll still be regarded as a poor signing.

Happy to admit I didn't feel that way at the time he signed but you have to say it as it is now.

He’s had a few injuries himself, and really isn’t that good a player but he is 100% kind  of player. Whether he would be value for money in our current position is another, he’s not exactly beating them off with a stick. We should say we’re interested and Aberdeen n Hibs will get in a bidding war for him. 

Ainsley Harriott
38 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Mcdonald didn't, he had a back injury and Cochrane did ok. When these boys came through the club had a chance to really develop them and didnt, instead 37 players brought in, most of them dross. They were the best 2 youngsters in the country and didnt look out of place playing 1st team football. 

Look at Turnbull, Campbell at Motherwell,  boys at Hamilton...making their clubs lots of money meanwhile we just keep on buying players not goid enough to play in England. I mean Motherwell fans taking the piss when Frear was signed....

I have no issue with them being told they arent good enough but signing players when you haven't given the boys a try says to me they are seen as backups....be better letting them go and getting something for them?

Robbie will see them train all week he will know if they are good enough. He wasnt shy to give Nicolson and King game time when he was last in charge.

37 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Unlikely to be anything until the hickey deal is official that starts the domino effect, was told it was expected to be done by last Wednesday no idea what’s taking so long 

That's maybe 13 days away yet. 

There's only 21 days until the window is over. 😐

Nae centerhalfs. 

Edited by Cruyff

33 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

So, Pafos FC are coached by John Toshack's son, I see.

P3 PTS 1 so far this season.  

Quite a new team, so it would be like Anthony going to Sevco.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pafos_FC

Pressley was manager there a few years back. Went to see them play as father lives out there. Not great quality on show tbh. Not that we can talk. I'd say equivalent to Kelty Hearts here.  

Just now, Cruyff said:

That's maybe 13 days away yet. 

There's only 21 days until the window is over. 😐

Why, when he is in the country very visibly and has completed his medical, would they wait 2 weeks? 

If there's a negative to be found in a situation we'll find it eh fs. 

Any chance of some optimism? There's been enough negativity on this forum for the past 3 years.

18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why, when he is in the country very visibly and has completed his medical, would they wait 2 weeks? 

If there's a negative to be found in a situation we'll find it eh fs. 

Any chance of some optimism? There's been enough negativity on this forum for the past 3 years.

Has he completed his medical? I thought he had to isolate for 2 weeks 🤷

As for the rest of your optimism stuff, it is what it is at the moment. There is literally nothing to be optimistic about. 👍 

Edited by Cruyff

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Has he completed his medical? I thought he had to isolate for 2 weeks 🤷

As for the rest of your optimism stuff, it is what it is at the moment. There is literally nothing to be optimistic about. 👍 

Ah, I can see you're one of those fans. You must hold a lot of grudges in day to day life.

What's happened has happened. This is a fresh start, albeit not one any of us would've wanted. Robbie is reshaping the squad as he sees fit, and I'm on board with it. If you want to continue mumbling and grumbling about bygones, so be it. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Ah, I can see you're one of those fans. You must hold a lot of grudges in day to day life.

What's happened has happened. This is a fresh start, albeit not one any of us would've wanted. Robbie is reshaping the squad as he sees fit, and I'm on board with it. If you want to continue mumbling and grumbling about bygones, so be it. 

Nope, I'm very much a carefree free spirit. 

I don't know where all this shite you're spraffing came from anyway.

Back to Hickey, does he not have to self isolate before he can participate in medicals etc? 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Back to Hickey, does he not have to self isolate before he can participate in medicals etc? 

Is a there a quarantine when flying to Italy?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Is a there a quarantine when flying to Italy?

I don't know, that's what I'm wondering. If he's been travelling about Europe visiting different Clubs, he may have to but I thought they'd probably just test him given the nature of his reasons for going there. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

To give him the opportunity to force his way into the team, I imagine.

Maybe, I hope you are right m8. I hate seeing journeyman players coming in when we have excellent young players of our own, just needs manager to stick with them and we will reap rewards plus fans will give them time

1 hour ago, Naisysback said:

I doubt he's told anyone they are guaranteed to play either

41 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Pressley was manager there a few years back. Went to see them play as father lives out there. Not great quality on show tbh. Not that we can talk. I'd say equivalent to Kelty Hearts here.  

I see they have Jason Puncheon on their books as well as a guy on loan from Swansea

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I see they have Jason Puncheon on their books as well as a guy on loan from Swansea

Looks like a young team, quite a few British players as well. Peopke saying standard not high are the same who will be going to Raith, QOS, Alloa...in tgat league you are playing against teams who are in Europe,  great place to shine...potentially especially if not gonna play at Hearts.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know, that's what I'm wondering. If he's been travelling about Europe visiting different Clubs, he may have to but I thought they'd probably just test him given the nature of his reasons for going there. 

I think you can travel fot essential work purposes without it. But not 100% sure 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I doubt he's told anyone they are guaranteed to play either

You think, so how do you get a player to come from English championship to Scottish championship without giving him some guarantees. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s had a few injuries himself, and really isn’t that good a player but he is 100% kind  of player. Whether he would be value for money in our current position is another, he’s not exactly beating them off with a stick. We should say we’re interested and Aberdeen n Hibs will get in a bidding war for him. 

He's been quoted as saying he's not interested in any other Scottish team. If he's a raging hun he's not going to Hibs or Aberdeen :laugh: I think people, myself included, are thinking McCulloch might have some pulling power with players.

I'm still adamant that O'Donnell will be a Hearts player in January for that very reason.

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think you can travel fot essential work purposes without it. But not 100% sure 

I thought that but he's been there for a number of days now and I don't believe he has had a medical, trained nor has there been any confirmation of his signing so I assumed he must be in isolation until such a time when  Bologna would have him participating in those things. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Left sided Centerhalf. 

Fits the profile. 

No idea what he's like but his resume suggests he'd atleast be alright for a season.

39 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't believe he does, as he has been training in a 'tested bubble'. I believe, because the player who moved had returned to training with his previous club he didn't have to. This is the case with players who are transferring into EPL teams from abroad.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd say behind a striker (I'm sure he has said this is his preferred position) or wide right coming in on his left foot. 

I saw a report the other day that stated Hickey would join training on Tuesday, pending a second negative COVID test. I'd imagine we might be hearing official confirmation tomorrow.