Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

How do you know it was? 

It was never stated until after Souttars injury. Think its quite obvious we wouldn't have been on lookout for CB if that hadn't have happened. 

Total nonsense

If you bothered to research which clearly you didn't you would see we have been looking at that position for some time

Obviously your failure to communicate/understand information not the clubs

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

5 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Took me back a few years that post, I think you could be right though!

Used to whittle hours away playing SIM City when the cheat worked. I had the original running on my laptop via a emulator but the programme crashed and the others are full of malware. 

So looks like we are definitely needing a CB short to medium term, and a new LB.

53 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Total nonsense

If you bothered to research which clearly you didn't you would see we have been looking at that position for some time

Will gladly take it back if we were looking prior to Souttar injury but can't say I've seen it. 

Perhaps you could provide evidence of this with your superior communication/research skills? 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Used to whittle hours away playing SIM City when the cheat worked. I had the original running on my laptop via a emulator but the programme crashed and the others are full of malware. 

So looks like we are definitely needing a CB short to medium term, and a new LB.

Needs a Koopa/Bowser attack.

“What do we want?”

”A thread title change!”

”When do we want it?”

”Tomorrow! For the love of Barasa, please tomorrow!”

SomethingAboutObua

6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Total nonsense

Don't claim t0 be itk but here's an article from August
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-robbie-neilson-cut-squad-size-if-he-wants-sign-new-striker-2944212
Neilson talking about how he's happy with his options and can't sign another striker till he's moved people on. Talks a lot about how he wants another winger (which we've since done) and possibly another striker and CM. Talks more about the wide players again. Never mentions a CB, yeah we could have been looking for a CB but there's been little to no public mention of signing defenders other than Kingsley for Hickey and now the Songo trial

54 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-robbie-neilson-cut-squad-size-if-he-wants-sign-new-striker-2944212
Neilson talking about how he's happy with his options and can't sign another striker till he's moved people on. Talks a lot about how he wants another winger (which we've since done) and possibly another striker and CM. Talks more about the wide players again. Never mentions a CB, yeah we could have been looking for a CB but there's been little to no public mention of signing defenders other than Kingsley for Hickey and now the Songo trial

I think the fact we were trying to sign Tommy Smith shows that, despite what is in the "papers", we have been actively looking for someone who is either a CB or is comfortable in that position. it has just become more of a necessity than a squad builder

Edited by Gav M

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Will gladly take it back if we were looking prior to Souttar injury but can't say I've seen it. 

Perhaps you could provide evidence of this with your superior communication/research skills? 

Don’t worry, he’s another one who thinks we’ve been going in the right direction 

7 hours ago, Gav M said:

I think the fact we were trying to sign Tommy Smith shows that, despite what is in the "papers", we have been actively looking for someone who is either a CB or is comfortable in that position. it has just become more of a necessity than a squad builder

Think Smiths name only came up after Souttars injury tbh. No mention of centre-backs before then. It was all wingers and midfielders 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t worry, he’s another one who thinks we’ve been going in the right direction 

Another of those who try to change history just to suit. 

13 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I remember reading on here that someone ITK said Robbie not long after he got together with JJ was going to target a CB and a LB 

8 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Thanks for proving my point 👍

7 hours ago, Gav M said:

Tommy Smith only appeared on the scene after Souttars injury. 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Obviously isn't very good at communicating/researching after all. 

I'm happy Robbie is here and I'm looking forward to the season starting but the club still get things wrong and I will continue to call them out. We are reactive rather than proactive and this is part of the reason we are in the Championship. Needs to change. 

46 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Craig Wighton stays and will go up against Boycey for the striking berth...

tenor.gif

To be honest, I can't imagine we would have been able to attract a very good striker whilst down in the Championship anyway. If Wighton has been looking good, and looking like he might finally fulfill his potential, then I think I'd probably prefer to take my chances with him. His decent form when on loan, and the decision to let him play centrally instead of cutting in from wide areas will hopefully mean we see a new player. We live in hope...

Far more concerned with making sure we have a couple of decent centrehalves available come the start of the season.

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

To be honest, I can't imagine we would have been able to attract a very good striker whilst down in the Championship anyway. If Wighton has been looking good, and looking like he might finally fulfill his potential, then I think I'd probably prefer to take my chances with him. His decent form when on loan, and the decision to let him play centrally instead of cutting in from wide areas will hopefully mean we see a new player. We live in hope...

Far more concerned with making sure we have a couple of decent centrehalves available come the start of the season.

Robbie did say that he is still looking for a CB, CM and possibly a Striker. Did Shankland not sign for Dundee Utd when they were in the Championship?

Italian Lambretta
53 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Craig Wighton stays and will go up against Boycey for the striking berth...

tenor.gif

I really think everyone should be given a clean slate and a chance to see what they can do over the next year.

If Damour, Whighton and Ollie Lee step up and show what they can do then it will all be good for the team. No point having players sidelined when they can offer something

Just now, wavydavy said:

Robbie did say that he is still looking for a CB, CM and possibly a Striker. Did Shankland not sign for Dundee Utd when they were in the Championship?

Yes, for a rather large wage though, and I think this season in particular is a bit of an exception.

I anticipated Wighton staying, which is fine by me tbh. I'd have thought maybe third choice and he may be if Naismith or Roberts get the nod.

Seeing him in the videos I think he might actually be our physical option! Maybe a taller option required.

54 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I anticipated Wighton staying, which is fine by me tbh. I'd have thought maybe third choice and he may be if Naismith or Roberts get the nod.

Seeing him in the videos I think he might actually be our physical option! Maybe a taller option required.

He always looked a bit lightweight to me, without the physicality to boss opponents. Maybe that was his problem.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

the loan route might be our best bet for a backup centre forward. Think we need a big lad as a different option

to steal a quote from Barack when someone  else suggested this "What's Uche up to these days"?

Genuine question. Does anyone think that the players that get regularly slated just might show up better under Robbie’s management?

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Genuine question. Does anyone think that the players that get regularly slated just might show up better under Robbie’s management?

Like who?

White?No

Damour?Maybe

Wighton?No

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Yes, better man management, better coaching, better style of play, better levels of fitness all lead to a more enjoyable atmosphere around training and matches. It was not just the fans who were bored rigid , it was many of the players as well and that will show when the season starts.

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Like who?

White?No

Damour?Maybe

Wighton?No

Out of interest, why a "maybe" for Damour and a "no" for the other two? 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

I've said it on other threads but White is finished,his body is done as a proffesional footballer,lasts 45 mins here and there.

Wighton never has been and never will be good enough or have big enough balls to carry the weight of being a striker for Hearts.

Damour,he has played at a higher level,if he can be arsed he can be decent for us.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Thanks for proving my point 👍

Tommy Smith only appeared on the scene after Souttars injury. 

Obviously isn't very good at communicating/researching after all. 

I'm happy Robbie is here and I'm looking forward to the season starting but the club still get things wrong and I will continue to call them out. We are reactive rather than proactive and this is part of the reason we are in the Championship. Needs to change. 

Correct

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I've said it on other threads but White is finished,his body is done as a proffesional footballer,lasts 45 mins here and there.

Wighton never has been and never will be good enough or have big enough balls to carry the weight of being a striker for Hearts.

Damour,he has played at a higher level,if he can be arsed he can be decent for us.

Are you willing to accept that our manager may know better on these players?

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Possibly a little unfair on White. Having been out injured as long as he has, it will take a good while and a number of games to get back to where he once was. If he can get back there physically and psychologically then we'll be more than happy. 

I agree that Wighton needs to be more confident, and dare I say it, cocky when it comes to his ability. I wouldn't completely write him off in the championship as a back up striker. The lack of width would have made it difficult for strikers of a better ability than Wighton to be honest. 

Wouldn't read too much into Damour's previous level as before Cardiff he hadn't played at a great level. It's all about attitude with him as you say. 

7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Are you willing to accept that our manager may know better on these players?

Lol don't be daft. Some people on here think they are pep and we support bayern. 

Robbie has won the championship twice. He knows the quality of player needed to do it

Lee said he feels like its a new club he has come back too. Says it all about how the negativity was dragging the club down. 

Fresh start for all the players to impress Robbie and the fans should try and give them a fresh start too

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Given our luck with player contracts, he's a nap to score 30* this season, in his final year and leave for nowt...

* I would take this :)

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

He always looked a bit lightweight to me, without the physicality to boss opponents. Maybe that was his problem.

I think his problem was failing to remotely threaten the goal in any competitive match that I've seen him playing. 

Scoring in a bounce game & "looking good in training" is one thing, he needs to show up big time this season. 

smacks of positive spin on nae money for better or stuck with him so try and talk the boy up in the hope that it gives him confidence to perform. He would have to perform considerably better to merit a regular place though. Win win if he does.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I think his problem was failing to remotely threaten the goal in any competitive match that I've seen him playing. 

Scoring in a bounce game & "looking good in training" is one thing, he needs to show up big time this season. 

To be fair he got 3 in 5 in the Championship at the end of last season.

Guest ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, fast_blood said:

That confused me as well. Based on actual performances at Hearts, White has done better than Damour. Wighton at least played well on loan recently and I don't think has been played as a striker for us, certainly not one with the likes of Walker, Naismith and wingers around him. Damour has been played allegedly in his best position and has been terrible.

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair he got 3 in 5 in the Championship at the end of last season.

If he maintains that scoring rate he'll get 18-20 this season...

A big if, but no reason to think he won't get a dozen or so, especially with the amount of possession and chances we're likely to have.

Was thinking back to when we let Alexander go and how that was probably a bad mistake in hindsight, a very steady keeper. I hope we hang on to Gordon as long as he can keep turning it on. 

Interestingly whats the deal with all the Jambo keepers?

Craig Gordon, Allan McGregor, Neil Alexander, Scott Bain its weird all among the best keepers in Scotland at their peak. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was thinking back to when we let Alexander go and how that was probably a bad mistake in hindsight, a very steady keeper. I hope we hang on to Gordon as long as he can keep turning it on. 

Interestingly whats the deal with all the Jambo keepers?

Craig Gordon, Allan McGregor, Neil Alexander, Scott Bain its weird all among the best keepers in Scotland at their peak. 

When I was wee I wanted to be Antti Niemi as well 😃

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That confused me as well. Based on actual performances at Hearts, White has done better than Damour. Wighton at least played well on loan recently and I don't think has been played as a striker for us, certainly not one with the likes of Walker, Naismith and wingers around him. Damour has been played allegedly in his best position and has been terrible.

Damour, Walker, Halkett, White, Wighton, Naismith, M. Smith, Berra, Soapy etc... We're all absolutely tam kite last season. **** knows why these 3 have been singled out. Everyone should get a clean slate. 

Just now, munro9 said:

WeAreScottishFootball Twitter feed saying we are in negotiations with Haliday

I forget, is that not a widely discredited feed? Or am I mixing it up with something else?