Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think White will be cover for LB and LW/LM. Centre mid and CB have to be bigger priorities right now. Maybe another striker too.

100% 👍

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Leveins Battalion

If he stays fit Garrucio is more than capable of playing LB for a season in the Championship.

White gives me the utter fear though.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ha ha, lots of beautiful countryside all around it though!

That just adds even more to it’s look of a moon base, or terraform colony from the Alien film franchise.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If he stays fit Garrucio is more than capable of playing LB for a season in the Championship.

He could suit a 3-4-3 but some of his defending was honking. His tracking back against Rangers sticks in my head, I'm sure he had a good tackle or a clearance? 

Given his history as a potential top class player if it weren't for injuries I'm sure he's probably on a decent wage, doubt he'd be here otherwise.

Who'd take him though? 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

His performance away at Falkirk in the cup game was absolutely honking.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

True in Berra's (and Damour's) case. And Berra went to the Championship and immediately strolled it. What does that tell you?

Tells me Berra should have played better in a Hearts shirt. Same with loads of others who are still here.

2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Worked in that place for half a day... that was more than enough.

Terrible soulless collection of straight roads and grey buildings.

Don't forget Horizontals & Verticals - and many, many roundabouts.

46 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Very much in agreement with this. There's no questioning White's effort and his work rate. He really tries but he's just not quite there for me. 

I actually really like Garuccio. I hope he stays and is our main LB this season. 

40 minutes ago, gedster said:

Hardly surprising since its probably the worst weather he's ever seen, never mind played football in. Remember he's from Adelaide lol.

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Tells me Berra should have played better in a Hearts shirt. Same with loads of others who are still here.

Tells me Berra couldn't cut it in the Premiership anymore but could stroll it in the Championship. Which in turn tells everyone about the lack of quality down there.

Guest ToqueJambo
43 minutes ago, gedster said:

Played well in a great win vs Celtic. Started very well for us and I was annoyed when he made way for Demi Mitchell and Levein started tinkering after such a good start. We had some good wins with him in the team.

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

That just adds even more to it’s look of a moon base, or terraform colony from the Alien film franchise.

I just meant Leighton Buzzard is nice!

20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I just meant Leighton Buzzard is nice!

They certainly didn’t deserve to be colonised by Weyland Corp, that’s for sure. :( 

50 minutes ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

Craig Bryson has left Aberdeen. 

Was a bit disappointed they beat us to his signature last season. It was a blessing in disguise though, as he hardly kicked a ball all season due to injury and covid. So injury prone now. 

18 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Excited to be in Milton Keynes. There are times when you just have to stop and wonder what is going on in the world.

89EAC82B-9B3F-4D3E-B2EF-D30EB3FBDC0C.jpeg

Looks like the planners grew up playing SIM City on the NES.

"Let's chuck in some residential areas here, oh aye, better run a road along next to it. Now for the commercial district, yip that looks good, all nice and square American block style. Oops, forgot the industrial estates and some more roads. Better chuck the fire station and police department next to each other. Bugger, winter already, better put the 1,000,000 dollar cheat in or I'm screwed!!

Bas***d, it didn't take. Screw it, time for Godzilla and some tornados!!"

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

"Let's chuck in some residential areas here, oh aye, better run a road along next to it. Now for the commercial district, yip that looks good, all nice and square American block style. Oops, forgot the industrial estates and some more roads. Better chuck the fire station and police department next to each other. Bugger, winter already, better put the 1,000,000 dollar cheat in or I'm screwed!!

:rofl:

So true! Every word... I’ve been there.

4 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

With the news that Berra is struggling, centre back is definitely a priority.

It was in spite of Berra anyway, but I get your point

4 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

For me this justifies Robbie's decision to implement a prolonged pre-season, the key thing is that we aren't looking rush the likes of Berra and Naismith.  What matters is that both players are ready for the start of the league campaign.

48 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

:rofl:

So true! Every word... I’ve been there.

The snowdome is good though

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

First post on this thread for 10 hours .

Should we be concerned ?

No absolutely not !      Hearts have had their massive share of players that are injury prone crocks , waste of a wage.......

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

gozilla.jpg

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Took me back a few years that post, I think you could be right though!

Jamboscanbevicius
2 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Doesn’t sound like a big injury but it further exposes how short we are at CB. It’s obviously on Ronnie’s radar so hopefully won’t be much longer before we see a new face (or two) in there!

I will repeat the view that we need 2 new centre backs. I know Left Back is short of quality and a midfielder & striker are wanted but I not only want to win this league I want to beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup Semi Final and have good runs in the League Cup and this season's Scottish Cup. Am I being unrealistic or greedy ? Yes probably and why not.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I will repeat the view that we need 2 new centre backs. I know Left Back is short of quality and a midfielder & striker are wanted but I not only want to win this league I want to beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup Semi Final and have good runs in the League Cup and this season's Scottish Cup. Am I being unrealistic or greedy ? Yes probably and why not.

This

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Doesn’t sound like a big injury but it further exposes how short we are at CB. It’s obviously on Ronnie’s radar so hopefully won’t be much longer before we see a new face (or two) in there!

Who is Ronnie  ?  

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Who is Ronnie  ?  

assume it is a typo and meant to say robbie, either that or has got confused about hibs peruvian ron

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

assume it is a typo and meant to say robbie, either that or has got confused about hibs peruvian ron

Or is it O'Sullivan  ?

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Agree completely. Posted on another thread but CB should have been on our radar since before Souttar injury. 

Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Agree completely. Posted on another thread but CB should have been on our radar since before Souttar injury. 

How do you know it wasn't already a position we were looking to strengthen  ?

26 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

How do you know it wasn't already a position we were looking to strengthen  ?

How do you know it was? 

It was never stated until after Souttars injury. Think its quite obvious we wouldn't have been on lookout for CB if that hadn't have happened. 

4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

How do you know it was? 

It was never stated until after Souttars injury. Think its quite obvious we wouldn't have been on lookout for CB if that hadn't have happened. 

so pre souttar's injury we had souttar, berra - then Smith who can play CB easily - with Hamilton as back up and a foray into the loan market if needed I guess. RN said we'll play 3 at the back for some games so based on that can see why CB wasn't a priority.

Mix hindsight with pessimism (over Souttar and Berra's (lately) injury history) you can see why pushing a CB higher up the pecking order would've been better.

Football management in a nutshell. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Give me a lucky manager over a good one any time... :) 

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

so pre souttar's injury we had souttar, berra - then Smith who can play CB easily - with Hamilton as back up and a foray into the loan market if needed I guess. RN said we'll play 3 at the back for some games so based on that can see why CB wasn't a priority.

Mix hindsight with pessimism (over Souttar and Berra's (lately) injury history) you can see why pushing a CB higher up the pecking order would've been better.

Football management in a nutshell. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Give me a lucky manager over a good one any time... :) 

Get what your saying to an extent but Hamilton is a young lad and isnt the tallest. Halkett, jury is still out for me and the other 2 are always liable to injuries (which has now happened). 

We had Dikamona, he's no world beater but I'm sure we could have kept him on for another year. Highly doubt Kilmarnock will be paying more than us. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Get what your saying to an extent but Hamilton is a young lad and isnt the tallest. Halkett, jury is still out for me and the other 2 are always liable to injuries (which has now happened). 

We had Dikamona, he's no world beater but I'm sure we could have kept him on for another year. Highly doubt Kilmarnock will be paying more than us. 

I defo would've kept Dikamona - easily do a job in this division.

hopefully RN has plenty options in the pipeline - with Songoo not being offered a trial you'd imagine he's looking for someone better - and that lad had a decent enough CV

Guest ToqueJambo
35 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Dikamona chose to go. Neilson won't have seen much of him or worked with him to make a big effort to get him back. He went for Tommy Smith.

Edited by ToqueJambo

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dikamona chose to go. Neilson won't have seen much of him or worked with him to make a big effort to get him back. He went for Tommy Smith.

Never stood the clamour for Dikamona. For me as a centre half he was a bit of a bomb scare and I've never seen a centre half so unconvincing in the air. He gave it his all and had a couple of decent games down at the vermin but apart from that he wasn't great. 

20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think White will be cover for LB and LW/LM. Centre mid and CB have to be bigger priorities right now. Maybe another striker too.

Think we desperately need another striker. Boyce and Naismith pick up injuries. Who is next in line? Wighton?

Just now, Henroddy said:

Think we desperately need another striker. Boyce and Naismith pick up injuries. Who is next in line? Wighton?

i think roberts can play as a striker

39 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

So far we have only played with 1 striker and a number 10 in behind. I'm not saying that Wighton is going to be a world beater but seems to be doing well in training. Saying that we will sign a striker nearer the end of the window once our other business is done I think

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Never stood the clamour for Dikamona. For me as a centre half he was a bit of a bomb scare and I've never seen a centre half so unconvincing in the air. He gave it his all and had a couple of decent games down at the vermin but apart from that he wasn't great. 

have to agree, "jambo soldier"  thinks he is way better than he actually is and definitely has all the attributes of an utter bomb scare !

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

have to agree, "jambo soldier"  thinks he is way better than he actually is and definitely has all the attributes of an utter bomb scare !

He's a player I fear would get booked every game in the Championship.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

He always gave 100% for the jersey but he did have his bombscare moments. Culpable for St Mirren’s winner in the must win game although Halkett didn’t look too clever either.