Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

32 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

You think, so how do you get a player to come from English championship to Scottish championship without giving him some guarantees. 

Clubs down south are cutting their squads (just like most teams).  A contract offer from a club like Hearts, regardless of which division we are in,will be quite attractive to a lot of players

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Cargill has played 90 minutes in all three of MK Dons' games so far and scored their equaliser at the weekend.

Are we forking out six figures?

Less than a year left won't command 6 figures. Perhaps a loan anyway.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's been quoted as saying he's not interested in any other Scottish team. If he's a raging hun he's not going to Hibs or Aberdeen :laugh: I think people, myself included, are thinking McCulloch might have some pulling power with players.

I'm still adamant that O'Donnell will be a Hearts player in January for that very reason.

Because he’s a Hun ***** too? Are we not a Scottish team? Are you his agent? Is O’Donnel not a Tim *****? Why would a Hun ***** want a Tim *****?

In all seriousness I doubt either will be playing in the truncated Championship, they both have inflated opinions of their ability and might not want to lower themselves, hopefully. 

9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Cargill has played 90 minutes in all three of MK Dons' games so far and scored their equaliser at the weekend.

Are we forking out six figures?

Yeah, he would have struck me as a first XI player but given they play 46+ league games per season, he's been there two seasons already and only played 54 times in total so I don't know if he is a first pick or has had injuries. 

So maybe they'd do business at £200-300k. 

We'll see. Certainly fits the bill in age, experience, type of player and the role we're trying to fill. 

1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Cyprus a beautiful country to live in, standard of football is not the greatest however. Good to see we have rejected their first approach. Unless they come back with a bid that can't be refused I would think Robbie has plans for Mcdonald. 

I have only ever been to the North of the island.

No restrictions on foreign players in the league ?  Did Aguiar (sp)not end up there?

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Less than a year left won't command 6 figures. Perhaps a loan anyway.

Maybe, but we rarely throw cash around even when we're on the top league and it tends to go towards proven players (e.g. Boyce). From the brief things I've read, he's playing well for them and starting games, so it seems strange they'd want to loan him out.

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Baily Cargill?

Looks OK if maybe slightly underwhelming from a quick look online - don't think he'd be much good beyond the Championship but can only judge him on what I've found out, which is:

"Stuggled for form" and "wasn't in the best physical or mental shape" since getting injured at the end of their L2-winning season but apparently played well up until that point. Played and scored at the weekend there, though.

6"2'; Sounds like he's a natural CB who can fill in at LB which is what we wanted - rather than a natural LB who can fill in at CB. Was at Bournemouth where he'd have played with and against much better than anyone up  here (Ryan Fraser, Christian Atsu among his ex-teammates), loaned out a few times, most recently to Partick Thistle before being relesed, then signed for MK Dons (not a RN signing).  

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's obviously a name that has been on our radar but we've been beaten to it. 

I wouldn't trust that twitter page. Just looks like made up stories. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because he’s a Hun ***** too? Are we not a Scottish team? Are you his agent? Is O’Donnel not a Tim *****? Why would a Hun ***** want a Tim *****?

In all seriousness I doubt either will be playing in the truncated Championship, they both have inflated opinions of their ability and might not want to lower themselves, hopefully. 

McCulloch signed O'Donnell at Kilmarnock and he's only at Motherwell so he gets a Scotland call up. He'd have no chance if he started the season with ourselves.

If Halliday can't get a deal in the English Championship or the MLS then financially he's better off up here than League One. He'll hate Aberdeen and I doubt he'd fancy Hibs as I'm sure he's turned them down previously. Even in the championship we're probably the best deal he'd get.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

McCulloch signed O'Donnell at Kilmarnock and he's only at Motherwell so he gets a Scotland call up. He'd have no chance if he started the season with ourselves.

If Halliday can't get a deal in the English Championship or the MLS then financially he's better off up here than League One. He'll hate Aberdeen and I doubt he'd fancy Hibs as I'm sure he's turned them down previously. Even in the championship we're probably the best deal he'd get.

That doesn’t mean he likes him. 
Hearts would need to be as interested in signing Halliday as you are, thankfully we are not. 

8 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I wouldn't trust that twitter page. Just looks like made up stories. 

I agree with you and Bongo has a good ITK record so expect we have a chance of getting him despite that article.

Pasquale for King

Watching Milinkovic playing well for the Vancouver White Caps against Henry’s Montreal Impact, he’s just had a shoving match with that dick Wanyama who can’t get near him. It’s quite an enjoyable league, the standard isn’t great but it’s all out attack from both teams. Can’t see us getting him back unfortunately. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

NaturalOrder74
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Watching Milinkovic playing well for the Vancouver White Caps against Henry’s Montreal Impact, he’s just had a shoving match with that dick Wanyama who can’t get near him. It’s quite an enjoyable league, the standard isn’t great but it’s all out attack from both teams. Can’t see us getting him back unfortunately. 

I watched them a few weeks ago as well, completely agree, watched white caps against someone can’t remember who it was but actually got suspended for like two hours due to a thunderstorm was enjoying it that much I kept tabs on twitter for it restarting again to watch the final half hour haha 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Fits the profile. 

No idea what he's like but his resume suggests he'd atleast be alright for a season.

Wtf is a resume?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I watched them a few weeks ago as well, completely agree, watched white caps against someone can’t remember who it was but actually got suspended for like two hours due to a thunderstorm was enjoying it that much I kept tabs on twitter for it restarting again to watch the final half hour haha 

Hahahahaha, the kind of thing that happens over there. He missed a sitter at 1 nil

and they’re getting beat 3-1. The commentators are funny too with their weird chat 😆. Bit of a shoving match too 😂

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Wtf is a resume?

A résumé or resume is a document created and used by a person to present their background, skills, and accomplishments. Résumés can be used for a variety of reasons, but most often they are used to secure new employment

50 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

....Next

52 minutes ago, Kenny Airds Sideburns said:

Doesn't look likely 

If you look at the comments there’s a lot saying that the source makes a lot up.

Ive never seen it before so couldn’t comment but even a few MK Dons fans saying he’s not worth £250k with a year left on his contract. 

George Bailey and Clarence Oddbody. Former being a utility man that does jobs needing doing even if not his preferred and the latter being fledgling winger.

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

A résumé or resume is a document created and used by a person to present their background, skills, and accomplishments. Résumés can be used for a variety of reasons, but most often they are used to secure new employment

Oh you mean a Curriculum vitae?

48 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I agree with you and Bongo has a good ITK record so expect we have a chance of getting him despite that article.

Has been right in the past, but also wrong too. For instance right about Frear and Kingsley being in talks (as has been reported) but pretty sure “IR” was a clue and I’m not sure what that was. And then there’s he who shall not be named on the books of Shrewsbury, as to name him would bring up that conversation again which no one wants. But was wrong on that too I’m sure.

53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Will the ex player returning obsession ever go away?

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

I have only ever been to the North of the island.

No restrictions on foreign players in the league ?  Did Aguiar (sp)not end up there?

Sure Aguiar spent some time at Nicosia. As far as I am aware Cyprus do not have a foreign player ruling in place at this moment. 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Has he completed his medical? I thought he had to isolate for 2 weeks 🤷

As for the rest of your optimism stuff, it is what it is at the moment. There is literally nothing to be optimistic about. 👍 

No quarantine required for brits arriving in Italy, yet. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Will the ex player returning obsession ever go away?

Never, bet you and Jeffries didnt want Rudi back?

1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Sure Aguiar spent some time at Nicosia. As far as I am aware Cyprus do not have a foreign player ruling in place at this moment. 

I saw both Aguiar and Karipides play together for Ominia in a European qualifier one summer. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I saw both Aguiar and Karipides play together for Ominia in a European qualifier one summer. 

We can but dream of such quality. 

12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I see west ham are allegedly looking at Paterson again. We can but hope as he a 15% sell on clause.

That would be nice. 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

I see west ham are allegedly looking at Paterson again. We can but hope as he a 15% sell on clause.

Bidding war! :tank:

He's worth at least 15-20 million.  He would flourish with better players around him.   Has had a clean bill of health for sometime now as well.  Good professional.

:guitarist:

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Bidding war! :tank:

He's worth at least 15-20 million.  He would flourish with better players around him.   Has had a clean bill of health for sometime now as well.  Good professional.

:guitarist:

Yet isn’t a first pick for a championship team?  Would be very surprised, but delighted, if West Ham pay £15m for him. Think there’s more chance we could get him on loan tbh. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yet isn’t a first pick for a championship team?  Would be very surprised, but delighted, if West Ham pay £15m for him. Think there’s more chance we could get him on loan tbh. 

That first team hasn't won a game yet, they lost to Northampton in a cup match 3-0, then lost in league to Sheff' W 2-0, with no participation from Patterson in both games.

I think he's a good option for a striker.  I will concede at least his value has dropped with lack of games, I'll recede the value to 12 million :) 

Edited by HMFC01

48 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That first team hasn't won a game yet, they lost to Northampton in a cup match 3-0, then lost in league to Sheff' W 2-0, with no participation from Patterson in both games.

I think he's a good option for a striker.  I will concede at least his value has dropped with lack of games, I'll recede the value to 12 million :) 

Weird how a Paterson sale can earn us the same as a Hickey one 😎

14 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

George Bailey and Clarence Oddbody. Former being a utility man that does jobs needing doing even if not his preferred and the latter being fledgling winger.

Hope they both have a wonderful life

9 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Where did you see this ?