Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

This rumour will never happen and if it does I'd be underwhelmed

Really says who ?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Andy Halliday is the next one in.

Once the Hickey deal is signed the Halliday deal will be active, as the one player out one in squad investments  rule will be used.

What rule is this you are talking about? I really hope he doesn’t sign. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Has to spend 2 weeks weeks in quarantine when he signs according to Banderson.

Fine. Get him in now & he can run round his living room for a fortnight doing keepie uppie listening to the hearts song

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Cruyff said:

We're a diddy team in the Championship. 

Is there an issue with Halliday as well as any club that supposedly shafted us in the back ? What is going on, Halliday is bursting to get back into playing. As far as i am concerned he has always had the ability , in my opinion he has all the qualities to fit into our football club. Andy is also a great lad to have in your squad, he would boost our moral and give us a real tough edge on the left side. Money is not the issue as a 0ne year deal with the extension option will seal it 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What rule is this you are talking about? I really hope he doesn’t sign. 

The rule is actually verbal between the Financial side of the club and the first team department. Not sure fo the correct wording that was used but it goes along this type of line.

No player can be bought into the club until one goes out.

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Is there an issue with Halliday as well as any club that supposedly shafted us in the back ? What is going on, Halliday is bursting to get back into playing. As far as i am concerned he has always had the ability , in my opinion he has all the qualities to fit into our football club. Andy is also a great lad to have in your squad, he would boost our moral and give us a real tough edge on the left side. Money is not the issue as a 0ne year deal with the extension option will seal it 

work rate and fight are two attributes the squads been missing for as far as I can remember I’ve absolutely no complaints if he signs 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Yeah, I think he's alright. Would be more than adequate for the Championship. He's a good team player. 

3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

work rate and fight are two attributes the squads been missing for as far as I can remember I’ve absolutely no complaints if he signs 

Exactly right. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I am miffed. Halliday would become one of our best left backs in ages. I agree with you as you clearly have a sound sense of a football player. The way i am reading into the mindset of some Jambos is down to the side a player supports and also and this is the big part the personality of the player and the way they look. Is that correct ?

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy
add information

I am miffed. Halliday would become one of our best left backs in ages. 

Left back? 

Nah. He's defo not a left back. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The rule is actually verbal between the Financial side of the club and the first team department. Not sure fo the correct wording that was used but it goes along this type of line.

Makes sense and I’m sure RN having now worked with the squad will understand he needs to get rid of the overpaid underachievers before he can add. I’m sure he will eventually. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Left back? 

Nah. He's defo not a left back. 

Are you even interested in football, what type of nonsense is that to post ?

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Makes sense and I’m sure RN having now worked with the squad will understand he needs to get rid of the overpaid underachievers before he can add. I’m sure he will eventually. 

The squad is going to change a few faces before the Semi final kicks off, that is if Covid 19 hasn't ended the chance to play any games. 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I'm confused, Andy Halliday is a centre midfielder. 

Gorgie Boot boy
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hopefully not at right back. 

Left back. whisper says he is a natural left back.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

So who left to get Popescu in?
You seem to be the only person who’s heard of this rule but if it’s true then it sounds ok considering what’s happened  recently. 

11 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I am miffed. Halliday would become one of our best left backs in ages. I agree with you as you clearly have a sound sense of a football player. The way i am reading into the mindset of some Jambos is down to the side a player supports and also and this is the big part the personality of the player and the way they look. Is that correct ?

Have you watched him before or listened to him? No chance will Andy Halliday be signing for us to play left back. He has said numerous times that he is a central midfielder and only filled in at left back because 1) Rangers were desperate 2) Rangers are his boyhood team. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Players have a natural position, they often play in a tasked position that is not their natural position. Halliday is a natural left back , as Hickey is a natural Right or Left footed Midfield player.

7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

How’s it nonsense saying a central midfielder isn’t a left back? Maybe, like me, the poster you quoted has always known Halliday as a midfielder. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So who left to get Popescu in?
You seem to be the only person who’s heard of this rule but if it’s true then it sounds ok considering what’s happened  recently. 

As i said that is an inside verbal rule. One out one in has been used since early this year by Our Stendel.

19 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Here we go again. I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked every one else who is inexplicably a Halliday fan boy. Do you think Halliday is the difference between Hearts going up or not?

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, GinRummy said:

How’s it nonsense saying a central midfielder isn’t a left back? Maybe, like me, the poster you quoted has always known Halliday as a midfielder. 

Because of natural positions.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He is absolutely, 100% a midfielder who filled in at left back or played there because that was the only position available. It's is definitely not his natural position. 

He was actually a left winger to begin with in his youth career. He's certainly better as a box to box mid than a more defensive player. 

Because of natural positions.

So apart from a brief fill in at left back he’s been playing in an unnatural position the whole time. Was he particularly good at left back? Not trying to catch you out btw, I just can’t remember. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Here we go again. I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked every one else who is inexplicably a Halliday fan boy. Do you think Halliday is the difference between Hearts going up or not?

A fan boy ? Who do you think you are talking to in that sneaky manner

. I am will remove myself from replying to anymore idiocy here.

Players have a natural position, they often play in a tasked position that is not their natural position. Halliday is a natural left back , as Hickey is a natural Right or Left footed Midfield player.

I thought you were taking the piss. 

20 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

At what point since RN joined did this verbal agreement happen ? A hell of a lot of players have left these last few months with few coming in.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

As i said that is an inside verbal rule. One out one in has been used since early this year by Our Stendel.

So it’s been used since last December and you’re the only person on here that’s mentioned it, you can see why folk would doubt it. Halliday is crap in whatever position he plays hence the reason he’s not got a club, and a Hun ***** to boot. 

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Part of a quality St Mirren defence that conceded 66 goals in the 2018-19 season.

Get him signed.

Like clockwork 🤣

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He is absolutely, 100% a midfielder who filled in at left back or played there because that was the only position available. It's is definitely not his natural position. 

He was actually a left winger to begin with in his youth career. He's certainly better as a box to box mid than a more defensive player. 

wing backs left backs , surely the fact he is a left sided winger says that his natural position is left side not midfield. You actually gave me a crackin answer . So i see that you thought on it and will say this. You may well have a football thinking mind after all.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

hold on a minute, you were snide with Cruyff only a few posts up :lol:

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So it’s been used since last December and you’re the only person on here that’s mentioned it, you can see why folk would doubt it. Halliday is crap in whatever position he plays hence the reason he’s not got a club, and a Hun ***** to boot. 

Ok then calm down. what the **** is going on ?

Bobby Zlamal the striker next he’ll be saying.
Poster joined on Sunday and has posted 70 times, sounds like they are at it. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, BigAlim said:

^

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So apart from a brief fill in at left back he’s been playing in an unnatural position the whole time. Was he particularly good at left back? Not trying to catch you out btw, I just can’t remember. 

That is my understanding of the player, there si no doubting that he has been used in other positions in his career. Not sure why it is an issue as he is seemingly thinking over a deal we offered him. Thanks for the reply,

Pasquale for King

Ok then calm down. what the **** is going on ?

Don’t tell me what to do. 
What proof do you have that we are signing a guy who doesn’t want to play for another Scottish team and wants to go to the MSL? 

That is my understanding of the player, there si no doubting that he has been used in other positions in his career. Not sure why it is an issue as he is seemingly thinking over a deal we offered him. Thanks for the reply,

You’re welcome. Thank you for your reply to my reply. It’s been a pleasure. 

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

He card reads good.

Apologies for infringing on any sensitivities. There just seems to be a disproportionate amount of folk on here that have a throbber for Halliday ever since the Si Ferry interview. Either that or he acts and talks like them and their mates down the pub. I’m not sure what it is but for me it takes a fan boy to think that Halliday is any more than a distinctly average player.

Since you have failed to answer the question I’m assuming your answer would be that no, Halliday would not be the difference between us going up or not. Which of course means he would be a completely unnecessary and wasteful expense for the Championship and taking account of his age would be no real use to us once in the Premiership and would have zero sell on potential. So really, in these circumstances, is the true definition of a waste of money.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Andy Halliday filled in as an emergency left back,saying he is a left back is like saying Naismith is a Defensive Midfielder.🤣

I actually like that thought, his fat arse would enjoy it too and he would be a major goal threat. That is if he manages to get on a pitch and stay on it.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A thread implosion on the paucity of player attracted to Hearts. 

Sad days indeed 

i had no intention to do any more than offer up some chat i heard last week.

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He card reads good.

Apologies for infringing on any sensitivities. There just seems to be a disproportionate amount of folk on here that have a throbber for Halliday ever since the Si Ferry interview. Either that or he acts and talks like them and their mates down the pub. I’m not sure what it is but for me it takes a fan boy to think that Halliday is any more than a distinctly average player.

Since you have failed to answer the question I’m assuming your answer would be that no, Halliday would not be the difference between us going up or not. Which of course means he would be a completely unnecessary and wasteful expense for the Championship and taking account of his age would be no real use to us once in the Premiership and would have zero sell on potential. So really, in these circumstances, is the true definition of a waste of money.

I failed to answer the question ?

I could not give two ****s about the guy, i did answer the question.  I think he would be one of our best left backs in ages.

A throbber, is that what images you have in your head. I offered some information i heard . What age do you think Halliday is and how long do you think we will be in the championship ?

All that nonsense for saying a i heard.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy
To add more information